** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

2012 PDC World Darts Championship

theoldmaster

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship easy bet for me today... 21:15 Laursen P. - Korte P. 1 1.40 landbrokes PDC WC Laursen had a lot of experiance of preliminary matches in past years and he even took out Part 3-0 in last seaons first round of WC then lost to Taylor in second! Korte has the funniest throw ever in my option he is unexperianced on this big stage and I think this will be an easy Laursen win!

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Day 5, Player to throw the most 180s of night Per Laursen @ 14/1 Paddy Power 2pts This is pretty good value.Per should see off Korte relatively comfortably and more than capable of hitting 1 0r 2 maximums.Up next would be Wade and as laursen showed last year he seems to rise to the occasion.Another 4 or 5 is possible and there's no one tonite who scares me to threaten that.Wade himself is horrible to rely on when it comes to trebles and Hamilton,Painter,King,Monk dont fill me with confidence. The best thing is even if Laursen plays horribly there is the consolation of seeing his amazing daughter

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship

Day 5, Player to throw the most 180s of night Per Laursen @ 14/1 Paddy Power 2pts This is pretty good value.Per should see off Korte relatively comfortably and more than capable of hitting 1 0r 2 maximums.Up next would be Wade and as laursen showed last year he seems to rise to the occasion.Another 4 or 5 is possible and there's no one tonite who scares me to threaten that.Wade himself is horrible to rely on when it comes to trebles and Hamilton,Painter,King,Monk dont fill me with confidence. The best thing is even if Laursen plays horribly there is the consolation of seeing his amazing daughter
I don't think a player's 180's in the qualifier count's toward their first round game aswell on this bet, correct me if I'm wrong?

I don't think a player's 180's in the qualifier count's toward their first round game aswell on this bet' date=' correct me if I'm wrong?[/quote'] I did wonder about this myself. I couldn't find anything on the website but after chatting to the online help. See response below. Thanks for waiting. It will only apply for the one match against James Wade and not the qualifier.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship 3 for me tonight. I usually like to find an outsider as I believe there's always a shock in a session in these majors but I just can't see one tonight. 5pts A.Hamilton (-1.5 sets) to beat A.Alcinas 7/8 Bodog Andy Hamilton hasn't done a huge amount on the floor in recent tournaments but one thing we know about the Hammer is he's a big match player and he plays the big stage as well as anyone. He showed that in the Matchplay earlier in the year where he made the semi finals having disposed of Gary Anderson in the first round. Since then on the box he's lost in the first round of the two events he's played in but he's lost to Barney and Webster so there's no disgrace in either of those. I expect him to be too good and too powerful in his scoring for the Spaniard tonight. Antonio Alcinas is best known for his run to the semi finals of the World Cup last year but it does have to be said Carlos Rodriguez won an insane amount of matches you wouldn't have expected him to win to get them there and I suspect our Spanish friend has been a touch overrated on that effort. He lost 3-0 to Wade here last year and averaged a shade under 86 but I think he will need to play better than that tonight because Hamilton is sure to play well. I just think Hamilton will bully the Spaniard on the scoring and will be stronger on the doubles so I expect the Hammer to make paella out of Alcinas this evening. 3pts M.King to beat G.Kime 3-0 10/11 Blue Square As I mentioned earlier in the week I expect Mervyn to deliver us a decent run this week and that should start with a comfortable first round win over the Australian qualifier Geoff Kime. To be fair to Kime he won the Oceanic Masters to make it to this tournament and that isn't easy to do. We've already seen Sean Reed and Warren French come from the other side of the world and take sets off their opponents this week but both were ranked better than Kime is and I would expect Mervyn King to be way too good for the debutant tonight. He is scoring heavily again these days and generally his checkouts are always strong. Kime could well take a few legs in sets but I don't think he'll win 3 of the 5 needed to take one against someone like Mervyn King who's professional approach sees him aiming to punish his opponents rather than go easy on them. 5pts K.Painter (-1.5 sets) to beat A.Monk 11/10 William Hill Kevin Painter was given the ultimate confidence boost last weekend when he won the Players Championship, a major title he has deserved for a number of years now and with that monkey off his back I think we could see the confidence and bravado of the Artist come out and win another in 2012. He takes on Arron Monk here who has good feelings himself about this stage having won the World Youth title on this stage 12 months ago but it's fair to say he hasn't kicked on from there in 2011. Many expected big things from Monk, maybe too much but we saw in the Grand Slam that he isn't quite up there consistently with the top level players. What I didn't like in the Grand Slam was all the head shaking and poor body language which suggests he sets himself high standards which may be out of his reach at this moment in time. If you are going to beat Kevin Painter the one thing you have to be is consistent because he's a solid scorer and often when a clutch double arrives he nails it. He's going to nail a lot more with the confidence boost behind him too. Painter has a cracking record in this event. Outside Part, Taylor and Barneveld his record probably stands up to most and I think he can begin another tilt at the holy grail with a comfortable win tonight.

One certain bet for me tonight and one that I like a lot .Keep it brief on my phone and haven't got much time. 6 pts Hamilton to hit most 180s v Alcinas 8/11 paddy power Couldn't really believe the price where I saw this thought the hammer would somewhere close to 1/2.Hamilton scores way too heavy for the man from Spain and I would expect him to comfortably hit more 180s tonight. Sent from my HTC Desire using PL Forum

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Like the look of today's card so taken quite a few. If my last round of tipping is anything to go by then make some money and fade these selections! ;) 6pts Hamilton -1.5 sets - 5/6 with Bodog- Not much to add to what has already been said to be honest. Hamilton is a big match player who usually finds his game in the big TV tournaments. Alcinas as said had a half decent run in the world cup, but that is not enough for me to back him here against the hammer. If Hamilton is anywhere near his best he wins this one with ease as his scoring should simply be too heavy for the spaniard and should see him at the double first more often than not. 3.5pts Korte to beat Per Laursen -9/4 with PP- Pure value punt here for me. Per Laursen should not be 1/3 to beat anyone, especially in the lottery that is a race to 4 legs. Korte has a ridiculous throwing action that could just go to pieces should the tv lights affect him. However he has shown enough to suggest that he is no mug and if playing well could win this game. In the WDF world cup not long ago he played in the team event consisting of single leg shootouts. He managed to beat Adams, Atkins, and Waites there (lost to O'Shea). Obviously that was a team event and one leg doesnt really allow a player to find ryhtym, but it does show that he has the ability on his day. At the prices I'm happy to give it a shot. 5pts King 3-0 -10/11 with PP- Not much explanation needed with this one. King showed a return to form in the previous tournament when he took out the Power. He then suffered a bit of a comedown when losing to Painter, but he showed enough to suggest that he has found his game again after the loss of his dad. On song he should score far top heavy for Kime, and his checkouts in general are usually money. King is a treble a go type player and that should be enough to see off Kime with no real trouble. 3pts Monk to beat Painter -21/10 with Ladbrokes- Another bet based on price. Painter is silly short here due to his run at the players. Whilst it may well be a monkey off of his back and could lead him to produce on a consistent basis, we have seen all too often with Painter that he is liable to a shocker. If on song he kills the treble 20, but when off he has plenty of wayward darts/blockers. Monk has done pretty well on the floor and sooner or later he will transfer that onto the tv. He definitely has the game to cause an upset and I'd much rather be backing him at this price than Painter at 4/11. 1 pt Monk to hit the most 180s Day 5 -11/2 with PP- I don't really fancy anyone to highly in this market but this appears to be the value price. Monk can be pretty decent around the treble and has a potentially long game to get the maxes in. King and Wade could really be 3-0 jobs so that reduces their chances. Hamilton is a big danger as on form he will win this market no problems. However his grouping doesnt appear what it once was, and he often switches downstairs to the t19. If Monk gives Painter a decent game which I expect him to, he will be a runner in this market in my opinion. 6pts Total 180s under 25.5 -5/6 with PP- Not going to give an in depth explanation after what happened last time! As above, I dont fancy many of the lads today when it comes to maxes. I think Wade, King, and Hamilton could win very easily on the night so I feel that number of legs will be limited. Therefore a punt on the unders is the way to go for me. 0.5pts Korte x under 25.5 180s x King 3-0 x Hamilton -1.5 why not?!

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Full house for me last night but Barney crashed out settling a few outrights as losers meaning it was +17.25 last night, bringing my overall to +18.99. Onto tonight and initially didn't like the match too much, but have taken a fair few in the end. Similar thinking to what's been mentioned. Andy Hamilton (-1.5 sets) to beat Antonio Alcinas- 5/6 Ladbrokes- (4/10) Andy Hamilton Most 180s- 8/11 Sportingbet- (5/10) You sort of know what you're going to get from the Hammer these days on TV. He hasn't had his greatest year but he made the semis at the Matchplay, beating Anderson and Whitlock along the way which shows what Hamilton can do on the big stage. He scores heavily and is usually pretty sound on his doubles which should be enough to get him through here. Alcinas is known in the darting world most notably through his performance in the World Cup, where Spain made the semis but feel he has been overrated since then. His form coming into the World Championship is poor to be honest, not having won a match in his last 3 PDC tournaments. That isn't the sort of form you want to be in really coming onto the big stage and Hamilton should be too consistent for the Spaniard here and I see him winning no worse than 3-1. Also backing the Hammer to outscore his opponent on maximums tonight. He can score well if he finds his range with the first dart and he should be more at home on the stage than Alcinas. In that run in which he made the semis in the Matchplay, he hit 5 maximums against John Henderson, and 9 against Whitlock, before hitting 10 against Taylor, which shows he is more than capable of racking a fair few up on the big stage. Think he will just settle a bit quicker than Alcinas, who isn't the most consistent scorer in the world and win the match in terms of sets, and maximums. Mervyn King vs Geoff Kime- Under 14.5 legs- 5/6 Bluesquare- (3/10) Fancy King to win this one comfortably but taken the unders instead of the handicap as a bit of insurance. This bet will be fine if King wins this easily like most expect, but if he has one really poor set, which from time to time he is capable of, but then comes back after the break and blows his Aussie opponent off the stage then this line could still come into play. King though is playing better these days and scoring well which should be enough to win this one in comfortable fashion. He reached the quarters last week in the Players Championship, and if he plays how he did there, he should more a couple of levels above his opponent here. Kevin Painter (-1.5 sets) to beat Arron Monk- 11/10 William Hill- (4/10) Under 6.5 180s- 10/11 Bluesquare- (4/10) Last week should have done Painter's confidence the world of good ahead of this tournament. He has an impressive record anyway in this tournament but after winning a first major tournament, he should come into tonight with so much confidence. Monk himself won the Youth Championship here last year but he hasn't really gone on and taken the PDC by storm. He has made just one quarter final on the floor this year, that coming in Crawley last month but from what I've seen from the youngster, he does struggle to be consistent enough to trouble the better players. Painter is consistent though, and will checkout well as we've seen from the Artist in the past. That win from last week makes me really fancy Painter to have a decent tournament and he knows he can trouble any player on his day, and he should be far too much for Monk tonight, who I don't see winning more than one set maximum. I'm not entirely sure he will even win one if Painter really gets going to be honest so I'm backing the unders on the 180s. To see 7 between these players is a fair amount, especially considering Painter wasn't exactly hitting them for fun last week. He hit just 1 in 8 legs in his opening round match against Colin Osborne, then failed to hit any against Gary Anderson and then just 6 combined in his two matches previous to the final, where granted he did hit quite a few. But in those early rounds where he didn't hit many, he played arguably more legs than he will have to tonight, and Monk isn't going to be hitting maximum after maximum as he isn't consistent enough. 7 maximums looks a couple too many for me so I'm happy to take the unders.

Little inside info about Korte Petri: He is a slow player with a little strange stands. He beat Magnus Caris in the last Nordic CUP mens final. He has an average of 27.04 in the Finnish league this season.(16 games best of 5 legs)
:welcome to PL The Master. Excellent info :ok

:welcome to PL The Master. Excellent info :ok
Thanks Kev, Ive been following the darts threads here for 2years but never made the time to register. I think if Korte wins the prelim and gets a good start the Wade could get annoyed about the pace and wierd style of the Finn.

Day 5, Player to throw the most 180s of night Per Laursen @ 14/1 Paddy Power 2pts This is pretty good value.Per should see off Korte relatively comfortably and more than capable of hitting 1 0r 2 maximums.Up next would be Wade and as laursen showed last year he seems to rise to the occasion.Another 4 or 5 is possible and there's no one tonite who scares me to threaten that.Wade himself is horrible to rely on when it comes to trebles and Hamilton,Painter,King,Monk dont fill me with confidence. The best thing is even if Laursen plays horribly there is the consolation of seeing his amazing daughter
I see what you mean about his daughter! Absolute cracker!!! :clap

Mervyn King vs Geoff Kime- Under 14.5 legs- 5/6 Bluesquare- (3/10) Fancy King to win this one comfortably but taken the unders instead of the handicap as a bit of insurance. This bet will be fine if King wins this easily like most expect, but if he has one really poor set, which from time to time he is capable of, but then comes back after the break and blows his Aussie opponent off the stage then this line could still come into play. King though is playing better these days and scoring well which should be enough to win this one in comfortable fashion. He reached the quarters last week in the Players Championship, and if he plays how he did there, he should more a couple of levels above his opponent here. .
Good call on King fishy, got back the money I lost on Hamilton with the handicap!:notworthy

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Not sure how significant it is in terms of winning the worlds but i know someone who is related to Kev Painter and apparently he had laser eye surgery before the players champs which was a big factor in his victory....just thought was worth a mention to all you Painter outright backers, looks a lot more appealing now

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Glad you got on board bigson. Taking one in the Wade match which I wouldn't have taken if the price was any lower or the line likewise. James Wade vs Petri Korte- Under 4.5 180s- 8/11 Bluesquare- (3/10) Most bookies have set the line at 3.5 so think this is a decent price for the 4.5. Regardless of the talk about Korte's unorthodox, very unorthodox throwing style and very slow at the board, just can't help feel that Wade won't hang about here. After last year he will know that complacency will send him him home for christmas so he should have his head in gear and make sure he gets the job done. I can't see this lasting longer than 10/11 legs to be perfectly honest if Korte plays how he did earlier. He was lucky in winning the preliminary match anyway, and if Wade gets this done quickly, we shouldn't see more than 4 maximums in this one. Wade will switch quite a bit after the first dart so unders looks the call to me.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship I think Wade wins no worse than 3-1 each set after watching Korte earlier on he won't be able to match Wade's scoring power. Under 13.50 legs at 1.80 with SkyBet looks huge to me. Wade can win 3-2 3-2 3-0 and still cover! Other bookies have the line at 11.50 which I think is spot on so getting 13 seems nice to me. Good Luck

I think Wade wins no worse than 3-1 each set after watching Korte earlier on he won't be able to match Wade's scoring power. Under 13.50 legs at 1.80 with SkyBet looks huge to me. Wade can win 3-2 3-2 3-0 and still cover! Other bookies have the line at 11.50 which I think is spot on so getting 13 seems nice to me. Good Luck
Wade won the bull

Right so' date='that's Wade added to my blacklist[/quote'] With you on this one! Gutted that Wright is out as he would have given him a really close game. Still can't believe how badly he crumbled the other day! Anyways - Wade won the first two sets 3-0 3-1 meaning a 3-2 in the 3rd set would have easily covered the line but Wade decides to switch off and now he takes the match 3-2 in the 4th set. :wall

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Better last couple of days for me. Back to -10.06 overall now but three nasty losses with Taylor, Wright 180's and Hamilton could've had me well up. Looks like those 3 misses at D12 from Hamilton cost a lot of us some dosh :wall. I'm taking four on Tuesday. 4pts C.Lloyd (-1.5 sets) to beat D.Young Evs Ladbrokes I'm never one for backing Colin Lloyd on the television but I think I'll make an exception here. I've been a massive critic of Lloyd in TV tournaments in the past and I just think the pressure he has put on himself has been ridiculous and he's never been able to perform to it. He's done a wise thing and ditched Rod Harrington as his manager and I'm sure that has been the reason why in the main he's played well on TV in 2011 but just been unlucky to have some rotten draws. Harrington spouts so much bollocks it's understandable that Lloyd's mind could've been all over the shop. Having had a slow start to the season on the floor he's picked up since the Matchplay and in the Players Championship I thought he played well even though Mervyn King beat him. He lost to Wes Newton in the first round of the Grand Prix but both men are good players and he only went down narrowly. Darin Young was one of the American's threatening to make a real breakthrough in the game but it hasn't really happened. When he's at his best he's a pretty heavy scorer and decent enough on his checkouts but there has been no evidence in the few floor tournaments he's played that he's in good form. I really believe the American game has suffered since the Desert Classic was scrapped and whereas we used to see them in things like that event and the Grand Slam as well as having 2-3 representatives in this tournament we now only have one. Young only averaged 80 in a 3-0 defeat to Wes Newton here last year and unless something strange happens I don't see him taking two sets off Jaws in this match. 4pts M.van Gerwen to beat C.Osborne Evs Boylesports 4pts M.van Gerwen's 3 dart average - Over 91.5 5/6 VC I like Michael van Gerwen in this match. He has tweeted that he is over the problems with his leg that hampered him last week at the Players Championship although even then he averaged 97ish despite an injury. He was just unlucky that he walked into a Gary Anderson who missed absolutely nothing. He hasn't got an Anderson as opponent here though. He has a Colin Osborne who has had a decent enough year on the floor but who has lost the art of how to perform on the TV. He was rotten at the Players Championship last weekend. His scoring wasn't there and his finishing was as bad as I've ever seen it. I had noted that he's been missing some clutch doubles on the big stage though. Michael van Gerwen has been playing really well for probably the last 6 months or so. He averaged over 100 in defeat to Baxter at the European Championship and then averaged over 100 in beating Scott Waites in the Grand Slam. In fact the only matches since this tournament last year that he hasn't averaged over 91.5 on TV were against Walsh in the Grand Slam when they didn't start until gone midnight so that was always going to be a slouchy game and then against Hankey in that tournament when Hankey played him and done him up a bit. I'm prepared to give MVG both those performances. MVG is scoring really heavily at the minute and even at his pomp there are too many 60's, 85's and 81's in Osborne's game for my liking and van Gerwen is hitting his doubles well. He doesn't miss doubles in batches big enough to hamper his average and so I as the player who is playing the better at the minute I expect van Gerwen to win this match and I foresee his average being 95 or higher but certainly higher than the 91.5 we need it to be here. 5pts G.Anderson vs J.Artut - Over 5.5 180's 8/11 Bet365 This line looks a bit low to me. If Gary Anderson is on his game then even if he doesn't lose a leg he could cover this total on his own. I'm not convinced he will win every leg though because Jyhan Artut can play a bit and he should hold his own in a few of the legs and then there's the legs which Anderson blows up on his doubles on. The key thing here is Artut scores well enough to chip away at this line himself. He hit 3 180's in a 3-1 defeat to Denis Ovens here last year and 4 in a last 32 match against Robert Thornton the year before. I think over a five set match Anderson is good for a minimum of four here so with the potential for Artut to hit a couple I like this line. Artut comes into the tournament in good form having made a semi final on the floor in Germany a couple of months ago where he beat Mark Webster among others along the way so he could well extend this match into a 4th and maybe even 5th set so I think there will be more than enough time for the heavy scoring Anderson to cover this line with Artut providing sound assistance should he need it.