** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2012 PDC World Darts Championship

theoldmaster

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Most 180s of the day - 1pt Darin Young 12/1 Bet365 Going to take a punt with this. Looking through the field, I only think Anderson has the potential to score more. The times I have seen young, he always seems to get alot of 180s. Anderson I feel will be abit rusty similar to Wade, Lewis etc and I think at 12s it's good value. Young Vs Lloyd - 2pts Over 16.5 legs 10/11 Skybet I actually fancy Young to win the game, but never the less I'll stay safe here and go for the over 16 legs. I can't see it going 3-0 either way. Young beat Lloyd a couple of years ago and even though Lloyd did well getting to the quarters in the players championships he won 19 legs and lost 16.. Osbourne Vs Van Gerwin - 2pts Over 16.5 legs 4/5 Skybet Once again staying safe here. Van Gerwin beat Osbourne 6-4 in February and he is having a good year but I again can't see this going 3-0 either way and for alittle over evens I see decent value here in taking the over 16 legs. Gary Anderson Vs Jyhan Artut - 2pts Over 6.5 180's Eves Sportingbet I think this line is good value. I see Anderson getting 3-4 180s in this game minimum, but also Artut can throw a fair few himself. I don't think Anderson will whitewash Artut here, possibly a 3-1 or even if it's a 3-0 i see atleast 11-12 legs.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship one for me for tonight ANDERSON V ARTUT +2.5 SETS @ 6/5. a really good bet this one, i can see the German easily taking one set if not two tArtut is no stranger here he played Ovens and Mardle in the last two years heer losing to both, but recall noting at the time of watching him against the Heat last year, that he played well good technique, nice pace, and all in all a decent darts player as Kev mentioned earlier he has had a decent year with a floor event in Germany seeing him finsih as runner up. it would'nt surprise me to see Gary get i really tough game here and we know if Gary has his usual spell of failing to finish the German should be close enough to nick at least one set.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship I will try today this tips: 22:00 Osborne - Van Gerwen ---------------------------- 7/10 @ Van Gerwen - 1.90 bet365 Well have to go with Michael here, just beacuse Osborne has a terible TV season and he was awefull in his last match in players championchipt he played like +50 ranked player and he isnt that! Van Gerwen despite inurie he had and he was scoring very good and he is a very good scorrer overall and I dont understand this big odds on him! MVG all the way today! 20:00 Lloyd - Young ------------------- 5/10 @ more 180's Young - 2.25 bet365 Just folowing my felling here, I see Lloyd strugling today and Young killing him with 180's and he is capable of scoring them!

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship -3.92 for me last night in what was a frustrating session of darts, especially with the Hamilton bets. Takes the overall to +15.07. Hoping for better tonight though and taking 4. Will probably be interested in the Jenkins match later as well but we'll see. Colin Lloyd vs Darin Young- Over 16.5 legs- 8/11 Bluesquare- (4/10) Just don't see Lloyd whitewashing Young if indeed he wins at all. Fair play to Lloyd his form has picked up since a really poor start to the season as he's reached a final on the floor and a couple of quarter finals to go with it so he can clearly still go on runs. But he is still far too inconsistent for my liking and since the Grand Prix he hasn't really done anything to give me confidence about the way he's playing that he will win this easily. Darin Young has shown in the past that he can play on the big stage. He's made the last 16 of the Grand Slam back in 2008 and also 2009 and reached the last 32 of the World Championship before as well 2 years ago. Judging by his form this year, it looks as though he hasn't benefited whatsoever from the PDC getting rid of the Desert Classic. He has though shown what he can do in the past, and feel he is more than capable of pinching a set at the least tonight. He can score and finish well and shouldn't be affected by nerves as he knows what it is like to play on the big stage. 4 sets should be enough for the line to be covered and I expect this one to have just that, if not go the distance. Michael van Gerwen to beat Colin Osborne- 10/11 Ladbrokes- (4/10) Van Gerwen Most 180s- 13/8 Bluesquare- (4/10) Missed out on the evens price that Kev got but it's still attractive enough for me to take. In fact both of these prices look high to me. The youngster from Holland has had a pretty decent year, and given that he has recovered from the leg injury he had at the Players Championship, makes me really fancy him to win this one tonight. He has played a lot of darts this year, playing in both the main PDC events and the youth tournaments as well. On TV he has been particularly impressive though, scoring heavily and averaging near the 100 mark whenever we see him on our screens. He comes into this one in good form, having won his group in the Grand Slam, and making a quarter final in Wigan the week after. He was unlucky last week in that Anderson was checking out well for once and that he was hampered by injury. Osborne was pretty shocking it has to be said last week by his standards, with his finishing standing out for the wrong reasons. Van Gerwen should score well and given what we've seen from the youngster recently, have to fancy him to win this one given the form of both players. Also fancy him to hit more maximums than his opponent. As been said, he has averaged near the 100 mark, and scores really well and doesn't struggle in the slightest to find his range on the treble 20. If we just take last week as a comparison of the two players' scoring at the minute, Van Gerwen despite struggling with his leg and not winning a leg, still managed to hit 2 maximums in 6 legs, whereas Osborne failed to hit any in 8 legs, and hit just 4 180s in that time as well. Van Gerwen has looked assured and comfortable on the big stage and the price looks a really tasty one for me to take on Van Gerwen considering both players' form and scoring ability.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Going to smuggle another one in before the off quickly. 5pts Day 6 total 180's - Over 23.5 5/6 Betfred This line just looks too low to me. I reckon we could be in for a cracking night of arrers tonight with a lot of players capable of peppering the lipstick. The four main matches all have quality players in them. There's no Geoff Kime's and Petri Korte's around tonight. It's quality all the way and this line looks way too low. Gary Anderson has the potential to wipe out an enormous chuck of this line but even if he doesn't we have Colin Lloyd, Darin Young, Colin Osborne, MVG, Terry Jenkins and probably a couple of Joe Cullen performances all in action. All of them are competent at hitting 180's and with a couple of the matches with the potential to be 3-2 I think there will be bags of time to get 24 180's on the night. We need an average of 6 180's from all four matches and I would expect all four to deliver at least 6 if not more so with the possibility of the prelim match giving us a couple of bonus 180's I'm happy to hit the overs in the 180s tonight.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Forgot to write the last one. Kev has pretty much covered it though. Gary Anderson vs Juhan Artut Over 6.5 180s- Evens Sportingbet- (4/10) Sacrificed the marginally better price for a marginally higher line. Anderson as we all know will have no trouble in hitting the lipstick and scoring a ton of maximums. As heavily as he scores though, he can blow up on his doubles and that could be where Artut can nip in and pinch some legs, if not a set. He scored pretty well last year against Ovens, where he hit 3 maximums himself so he should be able to contribute to this line as well. Anderson though could almost cover it himself if he finds his range early on which he should do, and 7 maximums doesn't look too taxing for these two to cover.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship

one for me for tonight ANDERSON V ARTUT +2.5 SETS @ 6/5. a really good bet this one, i can see the German easily taking one set if not two tArtut is no stranger here he played Ovens and Mardle in the last two years heer losing to both, but recall noting at the time of watching him against the Heat last year, that he played well good technique, nice pace, and all in all a decent darts player as Kev mentioned earlier he has had a decent year with a floor event in Germany seeing him finsih as runner up. it would'nt surprise me to see Gary get i really tough game here and we know if Gary has his usual spell of failing to finish the German should be close enough to nick at least one set.
well that did'nt take long !

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Cracking game between Anderson and Artut. Great shouts by Kev tonight :clap Having one in the final match. Terry Jenkins vs Joe Cullen- Over 6.5 180s- 5/6 Bluesquare- (3/10) Line looks a bit low to me and the price here is better than most bookies are offering. Jenkins has really started to play well in the last few months after a really quiet season for the Bull in truth. But we saw at the Grand Slam how he seems to have found his form just at the right time, and last week he really should have beaten Taylor after being 4-1 up but he was hitting the lipstick for fun, and could have hit a 9 darter in the opening leg after opening up with 2 180s. Jenkins hit 6 maximums in just 10 legs there and in the Grand Slam he was hitting a fair few as well. We saw earlier that Joe Cullen is a decent player, averaging near enough 95 which is a good effort from the youngster. He managed 2 180s in 6 legs, so he should chip in with a few maximums as well. Jenkins should hit a decent amount though if his recent form is anything to go by, and I reckon both can combine and hit the 7 needed in this match.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship fk me lads :notworthy

4pts C.Lloyd (-1.5 sets) to beat D.Young Evs Ladbrokes 4pts M.van Gerwen to beat C.Osborne Evs Boylesports 4pts M.van Gerwen's 3 dart average - Over 91.5 5/6 VC 5pts G.Anderson vs J.Artut - Over 5.5 180's 8/11 Bet365
5pts Day 6 total 180's - Over 23.5 5/6 Betfred
one for me for tonight ANDERSON V ARTUT +2.5 SETS @ 6/5.
22:00 Osborne - Van Gerwen ---------------------------- 7/10 @ Van Gerwen - 1.90 bet365
Colin Lloyd vs Darin Young- Over 16.5 legs- 8/11 Bluesquare- (4/10) Michael van Gerwen to beat Colin Osborne- 10/11 Ladbrokes- (4/10) Van Gerwen Most 180s- 13/8 Bluesquare- (4/10)
Gary Anderson vs Juhan Artut Over 6.5 180s- Evens Sportingbet- (4/10)

one for me for tonight ANDERSON V ARTUT +2.5 SETS @ 6/5. a really good bet this one, i can see the German easily taking one set if not two tArtut is no stranger here he played Ovens and Mardle in the last two years heer losing to both, but recall noting at the time of watching him against the Heat last year, that he played well good technique, nice pace, and all in all a decent darts player as Kev mentioned earlier he has had a decent year with a floor event in Germany seeing him finsih as runner up. it would'nt surprise me to see Gary get i really tough game here and we know if Gary has his usual spell of failing to finish the German should be close enough to nick at least one set.
Great shout theoldmaster :clap Excellent night for Kev :notworthy Pretty good night for all by the looks of it, MVG and Anderson/Artut 180's doing the business for most, well done fishy, fader and all with winners. Shaping up to be a cracking 2nd round and tournament and we aren't even out of the first round!

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Should have stuck to my initial thought which was to back Jenkins on the handicap rather than the 180s but will take that on the chin. A profitable night in the forum by the looks of it, with Kev only nailing a full house. Good stuff. Bit of frustration on my behalf with the Lloyd-Young match falling a leg short which was a tad annoying. Van Gerwen made up for it though which gives me +7.13 for the night and +22.20 overall in what has been a cracking first round. I'm off to Ally Pally tomorrow night to catch the last of the first round matches so I'll do my writeups early as I'm not sure how much time I'll have tomorrow. If the action is half as good as it was tonight, should be in for a treat. Taking 4 for tomorrow then where if things are going wrong, expect to see an unhappy drunk teenager run on and slap Whitlock and co ;) Andy Smith (Most 180s) vs Scott Rand- 13/10 Bet365- (3/10) Fancy the Pie man to outscore hit opponent in terms of maximums here. He has had a pretty good 2011, a year which has seen him win one floor event where he beat Dave Chisnall and reach another final as well where he lost to Anderson. His form on the big stage has been even more impressive though. He reached the last 16 in the UK open and then reached the quarters at the Grand Prix where James Wade beat him. He is a really heavy scorer when he gets going though the Pie man, and can really pepper the lipstick. He hit 2 in his match last week against Wade in the Players Championship but could have had quite a few more, shown through his 11 140s. Scott Rand seemed to come out of nowhere to make the semis in the Players Championship last week, but in actual fact he has had a good year on the floor. He has 3 semi finals to his name, as well as a couple of quarter finals to his name. To be fair Rand isn't bad on the 180 front as we saw last week but the big stage at Ally Pally could well make Rand a little tense up front in the first match of the session, especially given the fact this will be his debut at the World Championship. Smith made the last 16 here last year so will have fond memories and know how to play his best darts, so I'll back him to outscore Rand on the 180s front. John Part (-1.5 sets) to beat John Henderson- 5/4 Bet365- (4/10) The former world champ has had a really good season on the floor but think he'll be the first to admit that he has underachieved on the stage despite nailing a 9 darter at the Matchplay. He has 3 floor wins to his name, along with a shed load of semis and quarters to show to his name but on the TV, he has failed to make it past the last 16. Last weeks performance is one Part will want to just put to one side, with him failing to win a leg against Wayne Jones, missing a ton of doubles in the meantime but I don't see him playing anywhere near as badly as he did then. Big John Henderson hasn't had a great year in truth and making the quarter final of the Grand Prix is the only real thing of note for the Scot this season. He has made a few quarter finals and also one semi, but that came at the start of the year. Since then he really hasn't done alot, and his lack of form and confidence was evident against Justin Pipe last week where he won just one leg, and averaged just over 70. If he doesn't add around 20 points to that average tomorrow night, he'll struggle to make much of an impression. Given how he has played this season and then last week, his darts at the minute don't feel me with too much confidence and I don't see him taking 2 sets of Part tomorrow. Simon Whitlock (-1.5 sets) to beat Dennis Smith- 4/6 Bluesquare- (6/10) Under 5.5 180s- 4/5 Bluesquare- (4/10) Where this price has been plucked from I really don't know. It's around the 1/2 mark with virtually every other bookie which makes this price unusual and misplaced to say the least. Will actually see Whitlock for the second year in a row as I saw him play last year, taking out a 164 checkout I think it was and he did play extremely well to be fair to Whitlock. Since then he has had a good year on the floor and on the stage he has done alright, the quarters at the Matchplay was his best result. He missed the Players Championship and the whole of last month due to a foot injury, but there has been talk that he has been playing extremely well in practice and that he has recovered fully. Even if he isn't at his complete best, where Dennis Smith is getting 2 sets from I really don't know. He doesn't play all that regularly these days, and has only made one quarter final on the floor, and that's about it. He lost 3-0 to Andy Hamilton last year at this stage and I really don't see him taking 1 set off Whitlock tomorrow, let alone 2. I'm also backing the unders on the 180s simply because I don't see Smith winning enough legs to give the bet enough time. Whitlock may take a few legs to get into his stride given his month absence and we will see him switch to 19s a fair bit. 6 maximums just looks a tad too steep, and think it would require Whitlock hitting 5 on his own which I don't see him happening. I'm doubtful whether this match will last more than 11/12 legs in truth in which I don't see 6 maximums being hit.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Fantastic night in this thread, the sort of night the arrers threads and Christmas time are becoming famous for on PL. Well done to all involved and everyone who backed the excellent amount of winners in here :clap:clap. Clean sweep for me personally which I needed. That lead to a 19.14pt pick up so I'm +9.08pts overall now and I must say after what I've seen of the last couple of nights I've very confident with the outrights I've got running too. Tuesday was a card I liked the look of and Wednesday is very much the same. I'm going dog chasing ;). 4pts A.Smith vs S.Rand - Over 16.5 legs 4/5 Skybet 3pts Over 6.5 180's 5/6 Stan James I've looked long and hard at this match and I just don't see how it won't be close. Both men score consistently and don't miss too many darts at a double. The only way I don't think it will be close is if Scott Rand gets stagefright on his first appearance on this humungous stage but the way he settled in at Blackpool and played in Doncaster I don't see that happening. I guess we should also worry that Rand puts too much pressure on himself here especially having claimed he's looking to give up his job during his run in Doncaster but again I don't see that either. So with both playing to potential I expect plenty of holds of throw and I would not be surprised if this one went all the way to 5 sets. Even four sets though I think will be enough for the total legs here. I don't see this ending 3-0 and I think most of the sets will be close so I fully expect to see 17 legs in this match at least. I also expect to see a few 180's in the match as well. Andy Smith hit 19 180's in his three matches on this stage last year and he does score well at the best of times. Scott Rand scored heavily enough in the Players Championship too so if this is a close tussle I think we will get the 7 180's we require too. These two have played once in the past and it ended 6-5 to Smith so that gives us further indication that this will be a close match so I'm happy to take the leg and 180 overs here. 4pts J.de Sousa (+1.5 legs) to beat D.Petersen 5/4 VC 2pts J.de Sousa to beat D.Petersen 5/2 William Hill 0.5pts J.de Sousa to win 4-0 40/1 Skybet It's probably not advisable to stake 6.5pts on a preliminary match but I really do think the layers have priced this up without doing too much in the way of investigating the Portugal man here. Jose de Sousa comes into London with a bit of a reputation to his name and has done some real damage in some local Spanish tournaments. He won the Barcelona Open earlier in the year where he beat no other than Antonio Alcinas in the semi final. He won that match 6-5 and hit 11 140s and 3 180s which is pretty insane scoring by anyone's standards. He also has a win over Mensur Suljovic to his name too and sent Carlos Rodriguez packing from the qualifying tournament for this Championship so it's fair to say de Sousa can play a bit. We must be fair to Devon Petersen. He can play a bit too and bounced onto the scene in the South Africa Masters a couple of years ago when he took a set off John Part but since then he only made it out of the preliminary section of this event last year 4-3 against Norman Madhoo and when he got through he lost 3-1 to Jamie Caven, neither of which are great form guides. He did however win a tour card at Q School at the start of the year and that's not an easy thing to do although it must be said somehow Brian Woods did it :lol. Having earned that tour card he hasn't done a lot with it, having not progressed beyond the last 32 of a tournament. I suspect he's as short as this because he has hooked up with Joe Cullen and shares sponsors and an apartment etc etc but even that won't guarantee him success here. As long as De Sousa doesn't suffer stage fright then with the pressure Petersen will be under as favourite I think we could see an upset here. Getting to 3 legs won't need a break of throw for de Sousa and if he wins the bull he won't need to break to get to 4 either. I don't expect him to win 4-0 but if he breaks early and tests the fragile confidence of Petersen then you never know. I'll certainly pay to find out at 40/1 which is a stupid price to win 4 legs of which he'll throw first in two of them. That would be a bonus as I guess would the win although that has every chance if the form holds up but the worst I see him doing here is losing 4-3. 6pts J.Henderson's 3 dart average - Under 91.5 5/6 VC Quite where this line and price has come from I'm not entirely sure because since the Lakeside World Championship of 2010 and including that tournament, John Henderson has played 11 matches on TV (exluding the UK Open and World Masters where none of his matches were on TV) and the only time he has covered a 91.5 average was his final group match in the Grand Slam last year when he lost 5-4 to Mervyn King with a 92.16 average. He hit a 180 in the deciding leg of that match too so even that could well have gone under the line. I mentioned prior to the Players Championship last weekend that Henderson had felt a numbness and pins and needles in his throwing hand and hasn't been able to practice and he showed that averaging 72 in his first round defeat to Justin Pipe. We know it wasn't Pipe's style which caused that because he was in the 80s against the same opponent in the Grand Prix. I'm not convinced 10 days will have been enough time to get his hand sorted out and even if it is his practice will have been effected and even when he's been fully fit, if Henderson has ever been fully fit, then he still doesn't cover these averages. His rocking horse action is prone to big misses with darts now and again and a lot of sloppy darts and with Part not exactly setting the world alight on TV at the minute this could be one of those lower average matches where both players pull each other down. One 92 average on TV in 2 years says to be the under 91.5 average has plenty to offer in this one. 4pts D.Smith (+1.5 sets) to beat S.Whitlock 6/4 Paddy Power 2pts D.Smith to beat S.Whitlock 3/1 Ladbrokes Simon Whitlock comes into this match having missed the last two months on the circuit having slipped in the shower and broken his ankle while at a pro tour event out in Benidorm in October. He pulled out of the Players Championship last weekend having not fully recovered and let's be fair, there's no way on earth he's in the last confirmed first round match purely by co-incidence so I don't believe he's right coming into this event. I have heard and I must stress for those following that this is only hearsay and not something I've heard first hand, but I've heard he will be in some kind of protective boot for this match and can't toe the oche like he usually would and I have also heard that he pulled out of a super league match last week where he was going to test his ankle because he couldn't stand on it. I've also heard that the PDC have asked Chris Thompson to travel to the Alexandra Palace as he is the next replacement should Whitlock pull out before the match. Now whether any of that is true or not I'm not completely sure but that's a lot of possibilities to be made up I would suggest. In Dennis Smith, Whitlock faces an ultra tough opponent who never gives in and never gives anything away and who generally has a decent record in this tournament. His floor form hasn't been brilliant but he does get a lot of tricky draws because of his ranking and even then he rarely goes down without a fight. I expect a real fight out of him. Smith has all the experience in the world. He knows how to get up for and then perform on the big stage and I expect him to play well here. Even if Simon Whitlock is all ok ankle wise he will be competitively rusty so that will keep Smith interested but if Whitlock is in pain then as we saw with Denis Ovens the other night the mind wanders and the darts are slack. Smith had every chance of taking a couple of sets against a fully fit Whitlock who is under all sorts of pressure in this event anyway because he's defending £100k in this tournament but against a potentially hampered one not only can he win a couple of sets but he can win the match outright I believe. Even were Whitlock fine and dandy that Matchplay quarter final when he lost 17-15 from 15-8 up has to enter his head still every time he's on a big stage and Dennis Smith has a throwing style a bit like Andy Hamilton as well. There's way too much doubt over the Wizard in this match so I'll take a proper slice of the handicap and a smaller punt on Smith to win the match in the belief all isn't well with Whitlock.

Fantastic night in this thread, the sort of night the arrers threads and Christmas time are becoming famous for on PL. Well done to all involved and everyone who backed the excellent amount of winners in here :clap:clap. Clean sweep for me personally which I needed. That lead to a 19.14pt pick up so I'm +9.08pts overall now and I must say after what I've seen of the last couple of nights I've very confident with the outrights I've got running too. Tuesday was a card I liked the look of and Wednesday is very much the same. I'm going dog chasing ;). 4pts A.Smith vs S.Rand - Over 16.5 legs 4/5 Skybet 3pts Over 6.5 180's 5/6 Stan James I've looked long and hard at this match and I just don't see how it won't be close. Both men score consistently and don't miss too many darts at a double. The only way I don't think it will be close is if Scott Rand gets stagefright on his first appearance on this humungous stage but the way he settled in at Blackpool and played in Doncaster I don't see that happening. I guess we should also worry that Rand puts too much pressure on himself here especially having claimed he's looking to give up his job during his run in Doncaster but again I don't see that either. So with both playing to potential I expect plenty of holds of throw and I would not be surprised if this one went all the way to 5 sets. Even four sets though I think will be enough for the total legs here. I don't see this ending 3-0 and I think most of the sets will be close so I fully expect to see 17 legs in this match at least. I also expect to see a few 180's in the match as well. Andy Smith hit 19 180's in his three matches on this stage last year and he does score well at the best of times. Scott Rand scored heavily enough in the Players Championship too so if this is a close tussle I think we will get the 7 180's we require too. These two have played once in the past and it ended 6-5 to Smith so that gives us further indication that this will be a close match so I'm happy to take the leg and 180 overs here. 4pts J.de Sousa (+1.5 legs) to beat D.Petersen 5/4 VC 2pts J.de Sousa to beat D.Petersen 5/2 William Hill 0.5pts J.de Sousa to win 4-0 40/1 Skybet It's probably not advisable to stake 6.5pts on a preliminary match but I really do think the layers have priced this up without doing too much in the way of investigating the Portugal man here. Jose de Sousa comes into London with a bit of a reputation to his name and has done some real damage in some local Spanish tournaments. He won the Barcelona Open earlier in the year where he beat no other than Antonio Alcinas in the semi final. He won that match 6-5 and hit 11 140s and 3 180s which is pretty insane scoring by anyone's standards. He also has a win over Mensur Suljovic to his name too and sent Carlos Rodriguez packing from the qualifying tournament for this Championship so it's fair to say de Sousa can play a bit. We must be fair to Devon Petersen. He can play a bit too and bounced onto the scene in the South Africa Masters a couple of years ago when he took a set off John Part but since then he only made it out of the preliminary section of this event last year 4-3 against Norman Madhoo and when he got through he lost 3-1 to Jamie Caven, neither of which are great form guides. He did however win a tour card at Q School at the start of the year and that's not an easy thing to do although it must be said somehow Brian Woods did it :lol. Having earned that tour card he hasn't done a lot with it, having not progressed beyond the last 32 of a tournament. I suspect he's as short as this because he has hooked up with Joe Cullen and shares sponsors and an apartment etc etc but even that won't guarantee him success here. As long as De Sousa doesn't suffer stage fright then with the pressure Petersen will be under as favourite I think we could see an upset here. Getting to 3 legs won't need a break of throw for de Sousa and if he wins the bull he won't need to break to get to 4 either. I don't expect him to win 4-0 but if he breaks early and tests the fragile confidence of Petersen then you never know. I'll certainly pay to find out at 40/1 which is a stupid price to win 4 legs of which he'll throw first in two of them. That would be a bonus as I guess would the win although that has every chance if the form holds up but the worst I see him doing here is losing 4-3. 6pts J.Henderson's 3 dart average - Under 91.5 5/6 VC Quite where this line and price has come from I'm not entirely sure because since the Lakeside World Championship of 2010 and including that tournament, John Henderson has played 11 matches on TV (exluding the UK Open and World Masters where none of his matches were on TV) and the only time he has covered a 91.5 average was his final group match in the Grand Slam last year when he lost 5-4 to Mervyn King with a 92.16 average. He hit a 180 in the deciding leg of that match too so even that could well have gone under the line. I mentioned prior to the Players Championship last weekend that Henderson had felt a numbness and pins and needles in his throwing hand and hasn't been able to practice and he showed that averaging 72 in his first round defeat to Justin Pipe. We know it wasn't Pipe's style which caused that because he was in the 80s against the same opponent in the Grand Prix. I'm not convinced 10 days will have been enough time to get his hand sorted out and even if it is his practice will have been effected and even when he's been fully fit, if Henderson has ever been fully fit, then he still doesn't cover these averages. His rocking horse action is prone to big misses with darts now and again and a lot of sloppy darts and with Part not exactly setting the world alight on TV at the minute this could be one of those lower average matches where both players pull each other down. One 92 average on TV in 2 years says to be the under 91.5 average has plenty to offer in this one. 4pts D.Smith (+1.5 sets) to beat S.Whitlock 6/4 Paddy Power 2pts D.Smith to beat S.Whitlock 3/1 Ladbrokes Simon Whitlock comes into this match having missed the last two months on the circuit having slipped in the shower and broken his ankle while at a pro tour event out in Benidorm in October. He pulled out of the Players Championship last weekend having not fully recovered and let's be fair, there's no way on earth he's in the last confirmed first round match purely by co-incidence so I don't believe he's right coming into this event. I have heard and I must stress for those following that this is only hearsay and not something I've heard first hand, but I've heard he will be in some kind of protective boot for this match and can't toe the oche like he usually would and I have also heard that he pulled out of a super league match last week where he was going to test his ankle because he couldn't stand on it. I've also heard that the PDC have asked Chris Thompson to travel to the Alexandra Palace as he is the next replacement should Whitlock pull out before the match. Now whether any of that is true or not I'm not completely sure but that's a lot of possibilities to be made up I would suggest. In Dennis Smith, Whitlock faces an ultra tough opponent who never gives in and never gives anything away and who generally has a decent record in this tournament. His floor form hasn't been brilliant but he does get a lot of tricky draws because of his ranking and even then he rarely goes down without a fight. I expect a real fight out of him. Smith has all the experience in the world. He knows how to get up for and then perform on the big stage and I expect him to play well here. Even if Simon Whitlock is all ok ankle wise he will be competitively rusty so that will keep Smith interested but if Whitlock is in pain then as we saw with Denis Ovens the other night the mind wanders and the darts are slack. Smith had every chance of taking a couple of sets against a fully fit Whitlock who is under all sorts of pressure in this event anyway because he's defending £100k in this tournament but against a potentially hampered one not only can he win a couple of sets but he can win the match outright I believe. Even were Whitlock fine and dandy that Matchplay quarter final when he lost 17-15 from 15-8 up has to enter his head still every time he's on a big stage and Dennis Smith has a throwing style a bit like Andy Hamilton as well. There's way too much doubt over the Wizard in this match so I'll take a proper slice of the handicap and a smaller punt on Smith to win the match in the belief all isn't well with Whitlock.
Amazed with the 3 dart average price on Henderson! I think big John would be very happy to average between 85 and 90 on this stage. With him being relatively local to me I want to see him do well but I don't think I've ever seen him play well on TV. I really don't see it happening today. Great spot Kevshat :)

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Kev - they said Whitlock can barely stand for longer than 20 mins due to the pain and Rod Harrington mentioned some "special" shoes. I can see him starting the game and having to quit if he can't cope. How do retirements affect bets like with the guy that retired due to a bad back? Voided bets or settled normally?

Most 180s of the day - 1pt Darin Young 12/1 Bet365 Going to take a punt with this. Looking through the field, I only think Anderson has the potential to score more. The times I have seen young, he always seems to get alot of 180s. Anderson I feel will be abit rusty similar to Wade, Lewis etc and I think at 12s it's good value. Young Vs Lloyd - 2pts Over 16.5 legs 10/11 Skybet I actually fancy Young to win the game, but never the less I'll stay safe here and go for the over 16 legs. I can't see it going 3-0 either way. Young beat Lloyd a couple of years ago and even though Lloyd did well getting to the quarters in the players championships he won 19 legs and lost 16.. Osbourne Vs Van Gerwin - 2pts Over 16.5 legs 4/5 Skybet Once again staying safe here. Van Gerwin beat Osbourne 6-4 in February and he is having a good year but I again can't see this going 3-0 either way and for alittle over evens I see decent value here in taking the over 16 legs. Gary Anderson Vs Jyhan Artut - 2pts Over 6.5 180's Eves Sportingbet I think this line is good value. I see Anderson getting 3-4 180s in this game minimum, but also Artut can throw a fair few himself. I don't think Anderson will whitewash Artut here, possibly a 3-1 or even if it's a 3-0 i see atleast 11-12 legs.
So unlucky with the Young bet. One leg away from a win. +8.25 for the tournament never the less. On to tonight and hopefully abit of luck to get some decent profit. 2pts Over 16.5 legs Smith Vs Rand 4/5 Skybet 1pt Rand to beat Smith 11/10 Bet365 1pt Rand most 180s 6/5 Skybet Rand has had a great year. Only this month getting to the semi finals of the player championship. He (as mentioned) beat Smith 6-5 last time these were against eachother, and he also tends to get a decent amount of 180s. I see Rand edging it, but am slightly worried about the TV appearence. I will go with these three.

Kev - they said Whitlock can barely stand for longer than 20 mins due to the pain and Rod Harrington mentioned some "special" shoes. I can see him starting the game and having to quit if he can't cope. How do retirements affect bets like with the guy that retired due to a bad back? Voided bets or settled normally?
Most pay out on whoever goes through if the match starts mate. A lot of bookies refunded bets on Ovens the other night but I'm not sure they will if Whitlock pulls out because his issue is known publicly going into the night whereas Ovens kept his injury under wraps until game time. Certainly if the match starts and then Whitlock pulls out I'd expect most bookies to pay out. I think he'll be given the play or pull out pre-match ultimatum though.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Hmmm. It'll explain why Dennis Smith to 'beat' Simon Whitlock has been bet on then. I'm not buoyed by Simon saying "It has been a struggle physically..." http://1hundredandeighty.blogspot.com/2011/12/whitlock-break-could-be-blessing.html I'm not betting on it but if Simon Whitlock 'loses' because he has to pull out then 'well done' for those who backed Dennis Smith. I can only see bookies changing the rules in regards betting on darts to 'the match must be completed for bets to stand' in future tournaments after the Denis Ovens shenanigans.

Re: 2012 LADBROKES WORLD DARTS CHAMPIONSHIP.

4pts - A Smith v S Rand - Rand win @ 2.20 Skybet I was very impressed with Rand in the players championship at the weekend and I see no reason why he can't bring that form into the Worlds. Rand took out Wade and Van Barneveld on his way to the semi final and really should have finished off Painter when he held the 9-6 lead. I think his performances at the weekend should give him plenty of confidence going into this one. His 3 dart averages in the 4 matches at the weekend were - Caven-99.00, Barney-98.85,Wade-99.12 and Painter 95.06. If he can repeat that sort of level then I think he will have too much for the Pie Man. Andy Smith was knocked out in the 1st round by Wade at the weekend averaging 94.28. In the recent champions league of darts back in October he lost 5 and won only 2 of his 7 matches. If he brings that sort of form here then I can only see one winner. For me Rand is the form horse here and I'm more than happy to get on him with the odds on offer.
Seems like an age since I posted this, but happy that I did :D

So unlucky with the Young bet. One leg away from a win. +8.25 for the tournament never the less. On to tonight and hopefully abit of luck to get some decent profit. 2pts Over 16.5 legs Smith Vs Rand 4/5 Skybet :@ 1pt Rand to beat Smith 11/10 Bet365 :ok 1pt Rand most 180s 6/5 Skybet :ok Rand has had a great year. Only this month getting to the semi finals of the player championship. He (as mentioned) beat Smith 6-5 last time these were against eachother, and he also tends to get a decent amount of 180s. I see Rand edging it, but am slightly worried about the TV appearence. I will go with these three.
2 out of 3 tonight. Happy with that. +8.60pts for the tourny