** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

2012 PDC World Darts Championship

theoldmaster

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Hmmm. Apparently it was 'general knowledge' that Denis Ovens had a bad back before the match started. He ended up having to retire after one set. http://www.pdc.tv/page/NewsdeskDetail/0,,10180~2550294,00.html I didn't watch the match or bet on it but I assume the rules on betting on darts is a bit like some bookies' rules on tennis that 'the match must be completed' rather than 'a dart must be thrown for the result to count' or something like that. I assume some people on Betfair must have made a mint off of that match though. :\

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Sounds like he had a bad back for afew days prior to the match, must of kept it quiet, i bet on Munch about 5 mins before it started and bet365 voided my bet but after emailing them have now payed out, it does state in their rules they pay out on pre-match bets, don't know about other bookies rules.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship

Sky Bet have paid out on Munch and given 'free bets' to anybody who bet on Ovens as a single. https://twitter.com/#!/SkyBet/status/148349010393047040 What were the pre-match odds and did the odds on Munch drop!? This just seems right shady. :unsure
munch was 4.33 pre match on paddypower. 1,08 after first set, before they knew it was over.

Right onto tonight and going with one for certain. 5pts Chisnall -1.5 to by Dudbridge 5/6 Skybet Think Chizzy should have a comfortable night to set up a tasty second round match with the power.Chisnall has been one of the players of the year and Dudbridge whilst having a ok year hasn't been seen on the tv for a while so could be a tad nervous.The only thing that holds Chisnall back sometimes is the fact that he has the tendency to mess around on his doubles but his scoring should enable him to be well ahead, that if he has a little double trouble that won't matter.So Chisnall to win this and no worse than 3-1. Sent from my HTC Desire using PL Forum

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Hoping to get some back into the black tonight: Over 16.5 legs [Dolan Vs Huybrechts] 4/5 SkyBet - 4pts Hard one to call this. I initially was looking at Dolan -1.5 due to when I watched Dolan do so well in a competition based in Ireland. But then I remembered how much the crowd were on this side, and we have seen how much that push you on, or hold you back (RE yesterdays game) Huybrechts has a 93 average compared with Dolans 84. He also has double the 180s average. My only concern is how well he can do on TV as I haven't seen much of him. With Huybrechts the better average, and Dolan doing so well on his doubles lasttime i watched him, I imagine a close 3-1, 3-2 either way, so I'll take the over 16.5 legs with 4 pts

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Slight profit of +1.53 in the end last night with the Munch 180s bet made void due to Ovens retiring. bringing the overall to +1.74 which I can hopefully improve on tonight. Fair to say I'm bemused to say the least by Sportingbet. Will do the bets in order of the schedule though. Kim Huybrechts to beat Brendan Dolan- Evens Bet365- (3/10) Quite like the Belgian here as the underdog in a year where he has really shown what he can do. He's already made a semi in a Players Championship event this year, and had darts to make it through to the final in Vienna but Ovens beat him eventually. The European Championship is where he really made some heads turn though where he beat Wes Newton and ran Adrian Lewis close, eventually losing 10-8. He was extremely impressive in that event, averaging in the high 90s so he can obviously play if he gets going. Of course Dolan has had the best year of his career, making the final of Grand Prix in Dublin but I always felt the crowd had a lot to do with Brendan playing well in that event. He didn't do too much in the Grand Slam, and besides one semis appearance since the Grand Prix, he hasn't done alot to be honest. Watched him get hammered in truth by Wes Newton last year where Dolan was really poor, it has to be said. Granted he is without doubt a better player now and is used to playing on the big stage, but Huybrechts is a really good player and he could be one of the players to really emerge in the PDC next year and fancy him to show people what he can do with a win tonight. Dave Chisnall (+1.5 sets) to beat Mark Dudbridge- 5/4 Sportingbet- (3/10) Dave Chisnall (-1.5 sets) to beat Mark Dudbridge- 5/4 Sportingbet- (3/10) I'll try and explain the story to this one. Wrote in the forum last night that I took Chisnall with an incredible (+) handicap, fully expecting Sportingbet to void it as an error, hence the tame stakes. But after double checking this morning with one their customer service workers, they saw no problem in the bet, despite Chisnall being favourite to win the match. The guy actually asked me if there was a reason I was doubting the bet, to which I said no :lol. So in the end they haven't voided it and the bet is still open, which is fine by me, just wish I put a bigger stake on it as Chisnall in my opinion should win this comfortably, but with that handicap he only needs 2 sets which is an early xmas treat I hope. Anyways they've fixed the handicaps now but even so I've still backed him with the opposite handicap, with the price being at odds against. Dudbridge has had a shocking year in truth, on and off the floor, and comes into the tournament in shocking form. All year he's only made one quarter final in a Players Championship event, and has just two wins to his name in the past 11 PDC tournaments which suggests he may be struggling with confidence at the minute with his darts. Chisnall scores heavily, and whilst finishing may not be his strong point, if he scores well enough, he should have plenty of time to finish the legs off before Dudbridge even gets a look in. He won his first tournament in Crawley last month which should have done him the world of good, and he has reached the final of 3 other floor events this year in what has been a very smooth transition for Chizzy from the BDO to the PDC. Chisnall should dominate the scoring, and if his finishing is decent, he should be comfortable here and I don't see Dudbridge given the form he's in, winning more than 1 set. Raymond van Barneveld vs James Richardson- Over 5.5 180s- 10/11 William Hill- (3/10) Barneveld total 180s over 3.5- 10/11 BlueSquare- (3/10) These two lines look ridiculously low to me given their price. Barney has switched back to his old darts recently and that has led to the Dutchman bombarding the lipstick like he did so memorably in the final when he beat Taylor. We saw an indication of the heavy scoring last week in the Players Championship, where he hit an incredible 8 maximums in just 9 legs against Baxter, averaging near the 105 mark, and against Scott Rand he hit another 7, just emphasising how the switch back to his old darts have really helped him be devastating in terms of his scoring. On the doubles he still isn't back to his best yet and that could give Richardson a few legs, and perhaps even allow him to pinch a set. Richardson has shown he is no mug on the floor this year, reaching a final of a Players Championship event. The youngster beat Whitlock and Nicholson in Germany before losing to Colin Osborne in the final so he can certainly play and Barney will have to put in a decent shift to beat him. Even so, Barney could cover both lines on his own with consummate ease if he gets going. The 4 180s needed from his individually looks extremely low to me, and the 6 overall, I expect Richardson to hit a couple himself so the 7 maximums needed looks very achievable to me.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Barneveld Vs Richardson - {over 5.5 180's} 5pts 10/11 Skybet Barneveld over 3.5 180's - {3pts 4/5} Skybet Barney back on top form. Has changed back to his old darts apparently and can tell with his form recently. Always a player who can hit 180s, and shows with the 9-darters he has hit. Richardson I know nothing about I must admit, but I fancy Barney to hit 4-5 180's alone, so he may not even need more than 1.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Two for me tonight. A couple of horrible results going the wrong way and a couple of shocking performances haven't helped over the last two days. Will update the P/L after tonight's arrers because I'm running extremely late tonight. 4pts K.Huybrechts to beat B.Dolan Evs Ladbrokes I like Kim Huybrechts and I think next year we will see him a lot on our screens. He looks to have a solid partner for the World Cup to do a couple of rounds of damage and I would expect to see him in events like the European Championship and maybe the Grand Slam if they put in a European Order of Merit place. He really impressed everyone at the European Championship this year when he averaged in the high 90s in all three of his matches where he took out Wes Newton and pushed Adrian Lewis to the limit. Brendan Dolan had a superb run in the World Grand Prix but that was the only real time he's played well on TV and it shouldn't be underestimated the effect that the format and the home crowd had on his run. His draw was pretty kind too given that he beat Jones, Part, Henderson and Wade but Jones, Part and Wade were all well below par against him possibly due to the crowd. Huybrechts scores heavily and he does it consistently and he's no mug around the outer ring either. When things aren't going brilliantly for Dolan he hits a lot of 60s and 59s and 58s because his dart sticks upright and covers a lot of his targets. I think long term Huybrechts' throw is much better and allows him to score strongly enough to win the opener of the evening. 4pts R.Barneveld vs J.Richardson - Over 5.5 180's 10/11 Skybet I've banged on large about Barney's 180 hitting skills in the outright I took so I won't repeat myself here other than to say if the evidence of last weekend is anything to go by then he could easily cover this himself even were the match to be just 9 legs long. However I don't think it will be. James Richardson is a very underrated player who has made a final on the floor a couple of months ago where he beat Simon Whitlock and Paul Nicholson along the way and you don't beat those if you can't score. I expect him to contribute at least a couple of 180's to this line and that, coupled with Barney's refound scoring can be enough to land us at least 6 180's in this match.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Huybrechts is very good on the treble 20. Dolan on the other hand isn't the heavy scorer. I see it being a close game and didn't dare taking Huybrechts to win because I fear he'll be a bit under the circumstances of being here for the first time. Therefor the bet on the 180's

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Can't quite believe Barney missed those doubles at the end of the third, but credit to Richardson. Those 2 145 finishes :notworthy Having two in the final match. Will do these quickly. Over 4.5 180s- 8/11 Sportingbet- (4/10) Over 14.5 legs- 4/5 Bluesquare- (3/10) Fancy the qualifier to do okay here. He impressed me earlier when he came back to win the final leg. What I liked most was his first dart. Very often French couldn't have placed it better and there was a lot of room for two more. Walsh has had a good last few months and hits his fair share of 180s. I do fancy French to perhaps nick a set here though and that should bring enough legs to see a pretty low 5 180s. Don't think Walsh will have this all his own way though so fancy the overs on both markets here.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship can't say it surprised me i have stsed heer many times before that in my opinion Barney is finsihed as a real contender in the PDC he may come on to eye of the tiger, but he has the heart and fight of a lamb, as soon as he went behind there was only going to be one result, sorry for the many of you here who still have faith in Barneveld but i beleiev we have seen him win his last tournament on TV.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Going to get in early here with some decent value: Painter -1.5 Vs Monk (11/10 WillHill) 5pts Very surprised with this price. Id expect more like 4/6 for this. Painter, just won a tournament and in the form of his life. I don't know too much about Monk apart from that he is a young "up'n'coming" player, and I think players such as this, find it very difficult not to succomb to the moment. I think 7 times out of 10 Painter would win this -1.5 so I have to take this. Hamilton -1.5 Vs Alcinas (4/5 Bet365) 3pts Hamilton, like Painter is in great form coming into this tournament and in my opinion more importantly knows how to play infront of the TV cameras. Alcinas, I can't say I've seen too much of. He has a good average of 91, and he has a high check out average, but i think the TV experience will see Hamilton through here 3-1