BBOTD 19th September

kroni

4:40 Hamilton - CAPTAIN SCOOBY @ 8/1 Hills - All wins have come with cut in the ground so the going should suit today, is 4 lb lower than last win which was this race last year and ran well enough last time on unfavourable ground and didn't get the best of runs at a vital stage of the race.

Re: BBOTD 19th September 3:50 Leicester - Medici Time - e/w @ 16/1 (Boylesports, 4 places) Medici Time is the first one that catches the eye, as he's often seen finishing out his races to great effect and should be very well suited by how this will pan out. He comes here on the back of a disappointing effort at Haydock but that's not the sort of place I think he can defy a mark this high and he won by an easy 3½ lengths on his only C&D run, albeit off a 12lb lower mark. He has improved since though, landing handicaps this season off mark of 81 & 84. His 1 length 4th behind the progressive Medicean Man at Ascot off a 1lb higher mark would be an effort suggesting he can defy this sort of mark and with Tim Easterby's yard going much better in recent days, it could be a good time to side with his animals. This fellow will enjoy the ground and if he can go the early pace, he should be in with some sort of chance at the end. 16/1 looks like a nice price and I'll play small each-way stakes.

Re: BBOTD 19th September 16:00 Kempton SAND OWL has to come off a break but she's won off an absence earlier in the season and even though on first glance she looks about right in the handicap, this race might pan out just right for her and she can go well. The 3yo has ran five times and was a winner on seasonal reappearance over 7f and has been consistent since then. The way she was finishing her races over 7f (staying on) didn't suggest that a drop to 6f would be of benefit but when last seen, she ran very well over today's C & D. They probably didn't go quick enough and she possibly hit the front too soon, her effort fading in the last 100yds. She's on the same mark today and will obviously have to improve a little as it is a more competitive race but I think she might. The break will likely do her some good and she won when fresh earlier in the season which bodes quite well. This contest today will also be likely run at a frantic gallop with a few liking to be up with the pace. If so, I'm hoping she's dropped off a little further off the leaders than she was last time (booking of Jamie Spencer perhaps indicates change in tactics) and she'll be able to come with a late run. Peter Chapple-Hyam had a winner with his last runner and has generally been having a decent season, running at a 16% strike rate in 2011. The booking of Jamie Spencer for the yard (21%) also catches the eye. SAND OWL; Win @ 11/1 Boylesports (bog)

Re: BBOTD 19th September 15:50 Lei Sohraab - Finished 1/2 behind the front 2 LTO at Epsom where early reminders were required but once got going by the rail finished very strong. Blinkers applied for the 1st time for today and will hopefully benefit from them off the same mark. Dropping from class 2 for the 1st time in five races and is trainers only run for the day who boasts 16 places from 34 races here givinf a 47.1 place rate. 0.5EW 15/2 V/C

Re: BBOTD 19th September 17:00 Kempton Blue Moon Win (8,00) Bet365 This 4 year old filly, have previous showen, its quality at AW courses. All of its 4 wins comes from Wol or Lingfield and she got a couple of wins from simular distance, so at Kempton the next win might wait for her. Today she team up whit jockey Jamie Spencer. He won 17,3 % of his races at Kempton.

Re: BBOTD 19th September Daneside - Kempton 5:00 Won very easily last time out at Sandown over same trip and class as today. Is gone up 6 pounds but the manner of the way it won last time out it gives him every chance again today. Mark Lawson had a 1st and a 2nd from 2 rides on the horse. I see Blue Moon as the main threat but confident Daneside will go close. WIN @ 5/1 Boylesports BOG

Re: BBOTD 19th September Three Sugars - 2.50 Leicester (1pt win 4-1 TOTE BOG) Bit of a surprise to see this one available at 4-1, as the RP forecast was as low as 2-1. Anyhow, didn't beat much on debut at Southwell, but breeding and trainer credentials suggest that an opening mark of only 68 may well prove extremely lenient. Should be favoured by a very high draw and might prove a class apart from the rest of an (albeit very large) field.

Re: BBOTD 19th September 350 Leicester: West Coast Dream EW (20/1 Betfred, Lads) Long shot but now the rain has come to Leicester he might have a squeak. Ran well on heavy ground when trained in Ireland and has had just one run since coming over here. He was beaten 6l after being hampered and has a good draw here so may be able to get the lead on the stands rail, 20/1 looks a bit big and could cause a surprise.

Re: BBOTD 19th September 2:20 Leicester - Mezmaar - Back Looked a smart horse when beating a hood looking type on debut. Was immediately thrown into Group 2 company after that but disappointed when well beaten. That maybe came a but too soon though and this looks more realistic. Samminder could be a smart type but has less experience than Mezmaar and that could be telling 1pt win @ 4/5 Paddy Power BOG

Re: BBOTD 19th September 5.10 Hamilton - Sharp Bullet (1pt WIN 12/1 Ladbrokes) Very consistent horse, posting good speed figures and form on varied surfaces and going, but going better than placing eludes him. Turned out quickly again after yet another good attempt. His dropping OR gives him another advantage in this race.

Re: BBOTD 19th September

Daneside - Kempton 5:00 Won very easily last time out at Sandown over same trip and class as today. Is gone up 6 pounds but the manner of the way it won last time out it gives him every chance again today. Mark Lawson had a 1st and a 2nd from 2 rides on the horse. I see Blue Moon as the main threat but confident Daneside will go close. WIN @ 5/1 Boylesports BOG
I would like to change my NAP BH, found one in Ireland that i think has a bigger chance.... Smalib Monterg - Ballinrobe 3:35 My selection ran a cracking race last time out when 5th of 18 runners at Listowel , 5 lengths behind the winner, probably its best run to date. Ran well here at Ballinrobe the run before when 4th of 15. I think the favourite is too short and think my selection has a better chance than the favourite on form. WIN @ 3/1 Betfred BOG

Re: BBOTD 19th September H4.40 Carrie's Magic 0.5pt E/W 50/1 Victor Chandler The horse has only run one race on really soft ground over 5 furlongs and that was arguably the horses best run. That happened to be over todays c&d as well and the horse back in 3rd that day has since won off a mark of 85. The selection has been dropped a bit more in the handicap today and runs off 64 and the claimer on board takes off a further 5lb. Back under its preferred conditions today, the 50/1 looks too big to resist.

Re: BBOTD 19th September Kemp 5.00 - Loyalty - ew at 11/1 Stan James Although he hasn't won over this CD he's put in some good efforts here and has won a couple a couple of times on the poly at Wolves Is having his second run back after a couple of months break and ran well last time in a much hotter race over this CD. Might just come on a bit for that outing and drops back to a more realistic grade Has the plum draw in one

Re: BBOTD 19th September 3.50 leics R Woody - slight doubts over ability over 5f, might ideally prefer 6f, but thats reflected in price. Goes on any ground and credible third to Norville three runs back off 92. Held in two ultra tough hcaps since but down to 90 now. 16/1 lads 1 pt win

Re: BBOTD 19th September I'll side today with trainer Mr H Candy's 2yr old filly in race two on the card. She seems to be gettting better race by race, she ran a cracker last time out coming home 2nd of 12 runners, that was a fair effort, she's had a nice break and if she comes on any amount she must run a close race tody. Mr Candy only sends out the two runners and from them id say this is his best chance of a winner. The only thing that might just catch her out is the early speed, but she's sitting at a nice price to turn down. Leicester 2:50 Gifted Dancer. 0.5 e/w bet 13/2 Corals etc etc. Good Luck.

Re: BBOTD 19th September 2.50 Leicester: Yearbook 1pt win @ 40/1 Boylesports Blew out big style LTO at Carlisle when racing on soft ground for first time in career. Although on the soft side of good, the ground should be drying out here with the weather so should be more suitable. Ran well on nursery debut before last time flop so shold be given another chance here IMO.

Re: BBOTD 19th September BRIGHT APPLAUSE 4.10 Hamilton. 0.5 points each way. Currently around the 10/1 mark on the exchanges and on recent form alone that looks good value. Has every chance at the weights, so with handling soft ground and the trip well, and with Franny Norton still buzzing after Saturday, I think he's well worth a bet and should go close. 7/1 Bet365 BOG.

Re: BBOTD 19th September Santefisio 5.30 Kempton. 0.5 points each way. Consistent enough and I like the fact the cheek-pieces go on today, which I feel will bring about a bit of improvement. The trip and surface should be fine, and should get the pace to the race that's needed, so mix all that with getting in off a mark of 80 again, he should be able to run a big race. 11/2 Victor Chandler (bog)

Re: BBOTD 19th September 5.30 Kempton - Willow Dancer - 20/1 VC Fancy this one to run a big race, a distinct lack of pace on here with this one the most likely to take it up. Seems to need his own way in front these days with his last three wins all coming when making all. Won three starts ago off a mark of 80 and back down to that now with Sean Levey claiming 3lbs. Excuses last two starts, tried over 10f unsuccessfully and outclassed in grade 2 company lto and not getting the lead. Won here before and if getting the lead should go close.

Re: BBOTD 19th September 5:10 Sharp Bullet @ Hamilton - Been running pretty well without getting its head in front with 9 places from 22 runs this year.Good jockey booking and can reverse the form with the two that beat it at the beginning of the month 0.5 PT E/W @ 12/1 Stan James

Re: BBOTD 19th September 5.30 Kemp Saint Pierre EW Luca Cumani's inmate recorded 2/2 on the all weather around this time last year, and after a frustrating year on the turf, he returns to the polytrack today. Has been tried in decent company over the summer to no avail, but I expect the drop in class here will see him put in a good showing. Fallon on board is a positive, and 85 is a fair mark back on the AW, at least 3 lbs well in IMO. EW in case the fav proves to be even better handicapped !

Re: BBOTD 19th September

5.30 Kemp Saint Pierre EW Luca Cumani's inmate recorded 2/2 on the all weather around this time last year, and after a frustrating year on the turf, he returns to the polytrack today. Has been tried in decent company over the summer to no avail, but I expect the drop in class here will see him put in a good showing. Fallon on board is a positive, and 85 is a fair mark back on the AW, at least 3 lbs well in IMO. EW in case the fav proves to be even better handicapped !
9/2 Stan James as at 17.14 :ok