Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread Cheers Bh. Gives me a little cushion now which I needed after a bad few days. Sunday and today have gone well though. 4 winners on the bounce, is this the start of the elusive streak?! No doubt I've just well and truly jinxed myself now! Lay the next one!!

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread 6:30 Southwell - Pint Size - Back Had been running well without winning before winning rather cosily in his final start for Dandy lto. Looks to the pick on all angles here and at even money I think he's a tad over priced. I'd happily back him at 8/11 here 2pt win @ Evens William Hill Bog

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread

Sorry BAGS, cant seem to find your post about this race before the off and the result was known? Any ideas mate? Bit of profit today Wizz, nice one.
You've lost me here:eyes The post of mine you have quoted,was me merely indicating that the race was run to suit the winner[ at breakneck pace even for 5f,which resulted in the leading duo fading in the final 50yrds],a race to bear in mind for future reference,was the message i was attempting to portray.If it appears ambiguous then thats unfortunate. I hope this clarification puts your mind at ease.

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread Now that's what I'm talking about!! Hat trick on the day and that now makes 5 winning bets on the row. Really chuffed with today, I put my money where my mouth was and thankfully they obliged. Bit of a sweat on Camberley Two but he got it done by a very narrow margin. Today: Bets placed: 3 Winners: 3 Strike rate: 100.0% Total points staked: 12.00 Total points returned: 16.75 Net profit: +4.75 pts % Yield: 39.6%

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread Overall so far: Starting Bank: 100 points Total number of bets placed: 39 Total number of winners: 22 Strike Rate: 56.38% Total number of points staked: 85.00 Total points returned: 89.76 Net position: +4.76 pts % yield: 5.6% Current bank: 104.76 points

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread 2:20 Perth - Brave Beauty - Back he's been running well recently and looks to have been found a nice opportunity to get back to winning ways. She won 4 starts ago and was thought of highly enough that she was then put in at Grade 2 level. Wasn't good enough that day but wasn't disgraced either. Has run 2 really good races since when coming 2nd twice in races much tougher then this. She's eased in grade here and this looks a great opportunity for her to get back to winning ways 2pts win @ 4/9 William Hill BOG

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread 4:10 Worcester - Suburban Bay - Back Has absolutely bolted up on both of his 2 starts this season and has been eased in the latter stages on both occasions. He shows absolutely no signs of stopping and he looks to have been ideally placed to complete the hat-trick here. Crystal Rock looks the only apparent danger on paper but he usually seems to find 1 or 2 too good. Great chance for Suburban Bay and he could well win this comfortably again here 3pts win @ 4/6 William Hill BOG

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread 4:30 Catterick - Coax - Back Has a really strong chance here. Many of these are better on the AW than turf and have done little to convince that they will change that anytime soon. Coax always runs solid races and looks to have been a nice race to get a win in here. Sylvestre De Souza having a great season and another good chance for him here 2.5pts win @ 11/8 William Hill BOG

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread Hello mr Walter i would like to point out lately you have posted your tips very close to the off when i see the earlier points of this thread they would be out overnight or early morning i hope you are putting in research and not just picking favourite because you will lose this way and so will people who trust and follow your selections Also when you have a winner/loser you seem to just go for the next favourite this is not good please do research and select your tips very much before the off many thanks Danny.

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread Do you have your own thread Danny Ocean? You will notice that the days I post close to the off are either Wednesdays or Weekends which is when I am off work. On these days I don't need to post early as I am able to post throughout. Thankyou for a very unconstructive post. Much appreciated

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread 6:30 Kempton - Mymumsaysimthebest - Back As per a comment on a previous day, I am always wary of wading in big in Apprentice races and therefore I am only doing a 2pt win here. If it wasn;t an apprentice race, this would be a 5pt win. He hosed up last week at today's course and todays extra furlong looks sure to suit given he did most of his best work at the finish. This looks a very weak race and he should have little problem dispatching of these. Harry Bentley is an excellent jockey for the level and he should be able to keep things simple, hold him up in midfield or towards the rear and then deliver him late to swoop for the win. I'd be surprised if he got beaten here but after the previous 2 selections anything could happen!!! 2pt win @ Evens Bet365 BOG

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread 2:40 Yarmouth - Justineo - Back Ran a good race on debut when 3rd out of 4 but he wasn't beaten far. Has some pretty flashy entries in Group 1 races and his experience should prove crucial here. The opposition haven't achieved much so thus looks a good chance for him 1pt win @ Evens Bet365 BOG

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread 2:10 Yarmouth - Apostle - Back Still a maiden after 3 starts but this looks an outstanding opportunity for him here against a number of unraced types. He has come 2nd on each of his last 2 starts but his attitude looks sound enough and today should be his day to break the maiden tag 3pts win @ 1/2 VC BOG

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread 2:30 Haydock - Excavator - Back Slightly disappointing that he didn't win lto on the AW after making such an eye-catching debut on turf 2 starts ago. He looks to have been found the perfect race to gain compensation here though with only one to beat realistically. Only musical valley looks capable of giving him a race but he is more exposed and open to less improvement in theory. Excavator should get it done here 5pts win @ 1/3 William Hill BOG

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread Thursday was quite simply a horror show. Excavator was well beaten so despite the fact it was quite gutting, it was pretty easy to take as there was no hard luck story, he was beaten fair and square. Justineo was a real gut-wrencher though as, having advised Evens in the morning, he was piled into all day long and went off at 4/9. He was nailed by a head in a photo and this was a hard one to take, even though there was only 1pt on him. Onwards and upwards though, I will show my bouncebackability in the coming days, I'm sure of that Thursday: Bets placed: 3 Winners: 1 Strike rate: 33.3% Total points staked: 9.0pts Total points returned: 4.5pts Net profit: -4.5pts % Yield: -50.0%

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread A bad few days of the office have hit the thread hard and sent me tumbling into a negative for the first real time. This is where sticking to my guns will work best, so I will be in with some selections tomorrow to hopefully right the wrongs of the last few days Overall so far: Starting Bank: 100 points Total number of bets placed: 46 Total number of winners: 25 Strike Rate: 54.34% Total number of points staked: 103.50 Total points returned: 101.15 Net position: -2.35pts % yield: -2.27% Current bank: 97.65 points

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread The selections that you put up , are they the only horses you actually bet on or do you stray and put other bets on that don't fit the thread? A lot of my own bets have included many of the ones you've put up. But in order maintain longevity in betting horses , i try to occasionally find good priced outsiders or bet on exotic bets when the opportunity arises. Betting exclusively on very short priced horses will eventually lead to bancruptcy. Only my opinion just offering some advice which may help. Good luck , if you have a good day its most likely i will too.

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread Yeah I know that mate, good post though. I definitely have some other bets but can't put them in the thread as this is purely for short-priced favourites. For example Workforce will be one of my bets today but he doesn't fit the thread so I won't post him up in here

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread 2:50 Haydock - Vita Nova - Back I like her chances here big time. She was unbeaten as a 2yr old last year, with 2 wins form 2 starts. Her real moment of class so far though came in her seasonal re-appearance this year when she made light work of a tough looking handicap at Newmarket. She was then promoted to Listed level where she was just denied by Ferdoos (a very smart filly in her own right), but notably they were 4.5 lenghts clear of 3rd and looked in a different class to the rest of the field. She is lifted in level again here to Group 2 but she has been found a surprisingly 'weak' Group 2 in relation to how strong these races can be. There are still some quality opponents here though and I am not taking them lightly but Vita Nova has made a rapid progression through the ranks and I think she'll continue that here 2.5pts win @ 13/8 Bet365 BOG

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread 4:15 Sandown - Nahrain - Back She has done absolutely nothing wrong thus far, winning both of her career starts thus far. She was relatively impressive when winning her debut and was immediately stepped up to Class 3 level. She absolutely bolted up there and was extremely eye-catching as she pulled a good few lengths clear and was allowed the luxury of being eased down in the latter stages as she had already put the field to the sword and had the race won a fair way from home. She is stepped up again here to Listed level but she looks destined to go higher then this level and I expect her to maintain her unbeaten record here 5pts win @ 8/11 Boylesports BOG

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread Desperately unfortunate today. Despite maing a profit on the day, it was a case of what could have been, with Vita Nova backed strongly throughout the day from the 13/8 advised into an SP of 10/11. She travelled supremely well and was unable to find a gap at the critical stages, and when she did finally find a gap and looked destined to go win, the saddle slipped and cost her all chance of winning. She still managed 2nd despite this and I think there is little doubt that without this major moment of mis-fortune that she would have won. Never mind. Nahrain won easily and looks a Group horse in the making, again the price advised beat the SP. Today: Bets placed: 2 Winners: 1 Strike rate: 50.0% Total points staked: 7.5pts Total points returned: 8.64pts Net profit: +1.14pts % Yield: 15.2%

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread Overall so far: Starting Bank: 100 points Total number of bets placed: 48 Total number of winners: 26 Strike Rate: 54.17% Total number of points staked: 111.00 Total points returned: 109.79 Net position: -1.21pts % yield: -1.09% Current bank: 98.79 points

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread Unlucky today Wizz with the Cecil horse, like having a faller at the last over jumps! Must just say i'm surprised by the amount of bets in the first month, not a criticism, think i just thought there would be about 10-15 cast iron odds on shots per month? Dont know where i got that from?? Anyway best of luck in July mate:ok