Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread Am i missing something? Your bank before the frankel bet was 102.17 and then you had 7.27 profit but your bank now says 103.94, shouldn't it be 109.44? :unsure oh and well done on the profit :cheers

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread 3:45 Goodwood - Wild Coco - Back I was quickly a fan of this horse and have already backed her before in this thread. She created a really nice impression on debut when 2nd in a relatively hot looking maiden at the time. The promise of that run was confirmed when she bolted up next time out at Haydock where she travelled like a dream and then readily scooted clear in the final 2 furlongs. She then made the jump up to Listed level and tok yet another step forward when beating the highly regarded Meeznah. Is 4lbs better off today with that rival so should confirm that form and I think everything will have a job on to beat her today. Field Of Miracles ran an absolute blinder in defeat lto but could be vulnerable if giving Wild Coco a nice lead here 3pts win @ 6/4 Bet365

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread Poor performance by Wild Coco yesterday. I though Queally gave her a really nice ride and broght her into contention with plenty of time to go past the leaders but she found very little and was unable to quicken. Pretty disappointing as it looked a very winable race given she had beaten the winner lto and had a weight pull in her favour too yesterday, but never mind Today: Bets placed: 1 Winners: 0 Strike rate: 0.00% Total points staked: 3.00 pts Total points returned: 0.00 pts Net profit: -3.00 pts % Yield: -100.00%

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread Overall so far: Starting Bank: 100 points Total number of bets placed: 70 Total number of winners: 38 Strike Rate: 54.29% Total number of points staked: 183.50 Total points returned: 184.44 Net position: +0.94 pts % yield: +0.51% Current bank: 100.94 points

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread 2:35 Goodwood - Western Aristocrat - Back Had a terrific debut season so far. Won on debut in a maiden and then followed that up by winning a handicap next time out. He was notable that day in that he encountered an incredible amount of trouble in running but never gave in and when the gap came he showed a great attitude to get out and win narrowly. He then produced by far his best performance so far lto when 3rd in the Jersey at Royal Ascot, beaten only 1/2l and a neck behind Strong Suit. Given what he has gone on to achieve in Group 1 company, including a rout earlier this week at this track, the form couldn't be stronger and Western Aristocrat should rubber stamp that here 1.5pts win @ 6/4 William Hill BOG

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread 3:45 Goodwood - Harbour Watch - Back Probably Richard Hughes' festival 'banker'. He's won 2 from 2 so far and thus comes here unbeaten. He faces some quality opposition here but the style of his victory lto left a very favourable impression and he looked a horse to keep on the right side of. He was giving weight to Burwaaz that day, a very good type himself, but slammed him by 4.5 lengths. He was put under pressure by Burwaaz that day at the 1f pole, but found plenty in front and pulled right away in the closing stages when getting on top. He looks a very, very good horse in the making and could well stay unbeaten for a while in my opinion. Hughes will be keen to strike to maintain his advantage in the festival jockey's standings and this lad will be tough to beat today 4pts win @ 5/6 Bet365 BOG

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread A very disappointing last furlong from Western Aristocrat as he was given absolutely every chance by his jockey but just seemingly refused to want to go win his race. Lacked the killer turn of foot at the critical stage. Harbour Watch, despite drifting to a great SP of Evens, was very good though and despite being carried halfway across the track by one of the front runners, was able to overcome this and still win handsomely. Maybe a future classic winner in the making..... Today: Bets placed: 2 Winners: 1 Strike rate: 50.00% Total points staked: 5.50 pts Total points returned: 8.00 pts Net profit: +2.50 pts % Yield: +45.45%

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread Overall so far: Starting Bank: 100 points Total number of bets placed: 71 Total number of winners: 39 Strike Rate: 54.17% Total number of points staked: 189.00 Total points returned: 192.44 Net position: +3.44 pts % yield: +1.82 Current bank: 103.44 points

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread 3:10 Goodwood (Nassau) - Midday - Back Super classy mare who is incredibly consistent and never disappoints (apart from lto). It was strange that she ran such a shocker lto and that says everything about her as a shocker for her is 2nd in a Group 1! She was hammered that day by Misty For Me (pulled out of this race overnight) but was clearly below par. She loves this track though and has won this race in 2009 and 2010. This looks a strong renewal but I get the feeling that Snow Fairy has not really built upon her English/Irish Oaks double win in 2010 and may just not be good enough to stop the mighty Midday. Crystal Capella was brilliant lto but struggles to win at Group 1 level and I think she may well come up a little short again here. Midday is a truly classy mare and she can gain compensation for her defeat lto here 3pts win @ 6/4 William Hill BOG

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread Magical performance from Midday and was always on top of Snow Fairy. She ran a cracker back in 2nd but never looked capable of getting to Midday, who travelled sweetly and put the race to bed pretty quickly. Good performance and chuffed that I had quite a juicy stake at relatively big odds for the thread Today: Bets placed: 1 Winners: 1 Strike rate: 100.00% Total points staked: 3.00 pts Total points returned: 7.50 pts Net profit: +4.50 pts % Yield: +150.00%

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread This is gradually improving, with a pretty good last few days. Have got into this sort of position before though and blown it pretty quickly so just need to make sure that I build from this. If I can get a few more winners and get to around +15.00 points or thereabouts that could be the making of this thread as it would be a solid platform from which to push on. Fingers crossed for the coming days..... Overall so far: Starting Bank: 100 points Total number of bets placed: 72 Total number of winners: 40 Strike Rate: 55.56% Total number of points staked: 192.00 Total points returned: 199.94 Net position: +7.94 pts % yield: +4.14% Current bank: 107.94 points

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread 2:15 Bath - Mariners Lodge - Back Took a marked step forward lto when getting off the mark. Had until then produced a number of very mediocre performances but looked as though he'd been a long term handicap project when putting all previous form behind him when winning well lto. Looks capable of winning infer the penalty and I expect him to do so today 3pts win @ 8/11 Hills BOG

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread That was disappointing yesterday. Mariners Lodge was smashed up and having taken 8/11, was sent off at 2/5. He was only able to manage a well-beaten 2nd, gutted because when the market spoke it looked as though I'd picked a live one. Never mind, busy day today though so here we go again Sunday/Yesterday: Bets placed: 2 Winners: 0 Strike rate: 0.00% Total points staked: 4.00 pts Total points returned: 0.00 pts Net profit: -4.00 pts % Yield: -100.00%

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread Overall so far: Starting Bank: 100 points Total number of bets placed: 74 Total number of winners: 40 Strike Rate: 54.05% Total number of points staked: 196.00 Total points returned: 199.94 Net position: +3.94 pts % yield: +2.01% Current bank: 103.94 points

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread 2:20 Newcastle - Act Your Size - Back Looks to have a stadout chance here. Had a couple of these well behind when he hacked up at Catterick lto and I see know reason why the form will be reversed today. He looks like he's improving and learning with every run, and if he continues that trend today he'll be extremely hard to beat 3pts win @ 8/15 Victor Chandler

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread 2:50 Newcastle - Ruby Night - Back Ran an absolute screamer on debut lto when 3rd in a good looking maiden at Newmarket. Maidens at that track tend to be banked upon to throw up future winners and that looked an above average maiden. He left a really pleasing impression that day and given that he has some entries in high class races towards the back end of the season, you would imagine that connections are keen to get a win into him her before raising his sights to that level. Should win as he has the best form on offer and should be able to put his experience to good use against the debutants 4 pts win @ 1/4 Hills BOG

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread 3:10 Pontefract - Camberley Two - Back One of the stories of the last weeks in the lower levels of flat raing has been this lad's progress. He has gone from average performances to racking up a 4 timer and has an almighty chance of making it 5 on the bounce here. He's been outstandingly placed throughout his winning run by connections (inc 2 apprentice races for which he has gone unpenalised) and has been winning in a manner that suggests he's not done yet. This is tougher but I think he's in the winning thread and can continue it here 2 pts win @ 4/5 Hills BOG

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread 3:20 Newcastle - Little Jimmy Oddsox - Back Has won 2 from 2 career starts thus far and has every chance of remaining unbeaten here. He's won well on both starts thus far and has left the impression that he could turn out to be better than this level in the long run. Rylee Mooch is undoubtedly the danger having won lto but he may have to settle for 2nd today as he'll have ajob on to beat the favourite. I think Evens is a terrific price, I'd happily back him at 4/6 here 1.5 pts win @ Evens Bet365 BOG

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread Re: BBOTD AUG 4TH 3:40 Haydock - Brocklebank - Back Ran a bit of a stinker lto but his win prior to that is comfortably the best piece of form on offer in this race. He was probably out of his depth lto but he should be too good for the 2 opponents at this level today and should therefore return to winning ways 3pts win @ 8/11 Paddy Power BOG

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread wizzkid walter Favourite backer * Join Date: 27 Aug 2008 Posts: 1,925 Thanks: 2 Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts Awards Showcase ** Total Awards: 2 Re: BBOTD - Fri 5 Aug 7:40 Haydock -Camberley Two - Back Has racked up a 5 timer already and should make it 6 here. He's been brilliantly placed throughout by connections and they've utilised Charles Bishop here, who effectively negates the 2nd of his 6pm penalties which he picked up when hacking up at Pontefract on Wednesday. Standout chance 5pt win @ 4/6 William Hill BOG

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread Overall so far: Starting Bank: 100 points Total number of bets placed: 80 Total number of winners: 43 Strike Rate: 53.75% Total number of points staked: 214.50 Total points returned: 217.54 Net position: +3.04 pts % yield: +1.42% Current bank: 103.04 points