** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread Good luck mate I back odds on at times but rarely outside of group/graded races. It takes a brave man to take odds on in a maiden where the likes of Hannon have an unraced sort as well, I just couldn't bring myself to do it! I guess it's all about discipline as it is easy to stick up an odds on shot for the sake of it, but you have an excellent strike rate and are in long term profit which is all that matters, and long may it continue. All the best :ok

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread 2:45 Epsom - St Nicholas Abbey - Back Looks to have a huge chance here. Undoubtedly this is not a gimme with a horse of the class of Midday in opposition, but the style in which St Nicholas Abbey won lto suggested a return to form for a very highly regarded horse. He absolutely hosed up against some good horses and left the impression that he is getting somewhere close to the heights we thought he was capable of. I hope he wins here, and Even money looks very fair 1pt win @ Evens William Hill BOG

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread 4:50 Epsom - Hooray - Back She was sent off one of the favourites for this year's 1000 Guineas lto after a fine debut season last year. She was sent off from the front and ran a big race for a long way, but just ran out of puff late on, finishing 8th. That was still a very creditable effort and this 1f sharper trip and drop in grade should see here return to winning ways here 1.5pts win @ 5/6 Paddy Power BOG

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread I know some will criticize this method, backing the shorties, but not me. When you know your stuff and look deeper than just the price, then this can be very profitable. No-one knows their stuff on the shorties better than Wizzkid. 2 from 2 today, excellent prices too. Very nice start indeed to this thread mate. Will be following with interest & hope this makes you a ton of money. :clap:clap:clap

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread Overall so far: Starting Bank: 100 points Total number of bets placed: 4 Total number of winners: 3 Strike Rate: 75% Total number of points staked: 5.50 Total points returned: 8.20 Net position: +2.70pts % yield: 49% Current bank: 102.70 points

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread Ha!! I was gutted. Fintron actually text me this morning and said if ever I had to back a horse, it would be Wizz Kid at 4.00! I had a look at the card and I genuinely thought he might have an outside chance of a place but I thought Inxile looked stand out so I didn't bother. Lo and behold he gets up at 25/1. Oops!!! Sorry for a couple of quiet days lads, the shorties over the weekend have not looked appealing at all and I proved right, with many getting turned over. I am not going to just bang them up for the sake of it and am taking this seriously so if I put them up it's because I genuinely think they'll win and their price is fair or even over-priced (relatively). The next couple of days looks better and there may be at least one selection tomorrow.

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread 2:45 Newton Abbot - Rajnagan - Back Has won easily on both of his last 2 starts and the fact that he is turned out again quickly suggests that they are keen to strike while the iron is hot. The manner of his latest 2 wins leave nothing to suggest that he won't complete the hat-trick here and I'm confident that he will do so 1.5pts win @ 8/11 William Hill BOG

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread Another one goes in today and there was never a moment's doubt during the race. He travelled beautifully and put the race to bed quickly when sent on past the leader. I just wish they could all win like that!! Today: Bets placed: 1 Winners: 1 Strike rate: 100% Total points staked: 1.50 Total points returned: 2.59 Net profit: 1.09pts % Yield: 72.7%

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread Overall so far: Starting Bank: 100 points Total number of bets placed: 5 Total number of winners: 4 Strike Rate: 80% Total number of points staked: 7.00 Total points returned: 10.79 Net position: +3.79 pts % yield: 54.14% Current bank: 103.79 points

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread Cheers Fintron and Mark. I'm chuffed to have made such a solid start, it's crucial because it is a much harder game when you get behind. Mark, I take your point. There are alot of people to whom short priced favourites (or any favourites for that matter) just don't appeal and I totally understand that. Part of what makes punting such a great game is that you could ask 10 people for their view on the same race and get 10 very different answers. Me and Fintron had a conversation yesterday which went to prove how different things make people tick. He text me about Royal Ascot about what I fancied. The first think I looked at was the Group Racing whereas he went straight for the handicaps. We have very different styles in terms of our punting but we both, especially at the moment, find a way to make for us. I think the key is for a punter to find his niche and stick to it. I think too many people try to crack every race and they tend to be the losing punters (generally, not always). If you can find a particular strategy and concentrate on it, you should be able to make it profitable if you work hard enough in my opinion

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread 2:00 Beverley - Mousie - Back I think he'd have had a job on to win this had Pint Size been running, but given his withdrawal this now looks to be Mousie's to lose. Got his first win 3 starts ago and then went to Chester but he had a shocking draw and encountered trouble in running. He bounced back to form lto when coming runner up and there was no disgrace in that defeat. I expect him to get back to winning ways here 2pts win @ 8/15 Paddy Power BOG

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread Terrible start to today, but we have another one up quickly, I actually thought this one was later in the day than it is 2:10 Yarmouth - Lady Nickandy - Back Showed improvement lto when 4th after building on a debut 8th. He looked the type to build further on that as he seemed to have learnt a fair bit from the experience. This looks a really weak race and won't take much winning 2pt win @ 4/11 William Hill BOG

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread

Terrible start to today, but we have another one up quickly, I actually thought this one was later in the day than it is 2:10 Yarmouth - Lady Nickandy - Back Showed improvement lto when 4th after building on a debut 8th. He looked the type to build further on that as he seemed to have learnt a fair bit from the experience. This looks a really weak race and won't take much winning 2pt win @ 4/11 William Hill BOG
:clap Well done.... keep it up

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread Cheers Daveee, still down after 2 bets but at least it returns me to winning ways. Next one for today: 3:50 Haydock - Wild Coco - Back Keys is the obvious danger on paper but I'm not so sure as to how good he actually is after watching him in a couple of bumpers and then seeing him disappoint at long odds on on his flat debut lto. Wild Coco made a really pleasing debut lto and this extended trip looks like it'll play right into his hands. Really fancy him here and am going for my biggest bet so far on the thread at a very backable price 3pt win @ 8/11 William Hill BOG

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread

Cheers Daveee, still down after 2 bets but at least it returns me to winning ways. Next one for today: 3:50 Haydock - Wild Coco - Back Keys is the obvious danger on paper but I'm not so sure as to how good he actually is after watching him in a couple of bumpers and then seeing him disappoint at long odds on on his flat debut lto. Wild Coco made a really pleasing debut lto and this extended trip looks like it'll play right into his hands. Really fancy him here and am going for my biggest bet so far on the thread at a very backable price 3pt win @ 8/11 William Hill BOG
:ok Well Done again. 2 out of 3 for today & 6 out of 8 in total is a good solid start!

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread Cheers again lads. BH, I agree. He could have a really promising future and he did it in really good style today. He will have learnt alot and it'll be interesting to see where they aim him for the rest of the season. Russ, if the Shoe goes into a race odds on, all hell will break loose! I'm thinking maybe a 20pt win or something in that region!!!