** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Tennis - The French Open

Re: Tennis - The French Open

Reports suggest that Murray is really struggling with his movement. Think it means backing Troicki at a bookmaker that pays out on retirements is a must.
I have a treble on Murray, Falla and Soderling... 50 would probably go down to 25 ... not too fussed tbh seeing as Murray fully fit should win in a tense 5.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - The French Open i've not seen such claims about Murray struggling, all i'm reading is Murray has just had a warm up hitting serves, volleys etc not a lot of movement but he seems fine and ready to go.

No they don't:lol
Yeah, was just about to add to that. Bookmakers that pay out if a first set is completed pay out on the player taking his place in the next round, regardless of the result of the set that was played. Eg. the Azarenka match that someone alluded to earlier. I had actually bet on Azarenka at Coral and she was an easy winner of the first set before she retired. My bet was a loser. I'll be taking Troicki on betfair pre-match then might top up depending on how Murray looks during the match. Troicki is playing well here anyway and I did mention earlier in the thread that he would be one of a couple of players that could potentially beat Murray, regardless of injury. With an ankle problem and the powerful hitting of Troicki it becomes a must bet IMO.

Re: Tennis - The French Open Just been through and had a little tidy up. Let's try to keep the personal jibes to a minimum. Nice one for opening a livescore thread. As a side note - SYMIL - Quoting the sums being placed is frowned upon by some so perhaps stick to the points. Anyway, good work in here fellas keep it up.:ok

I think you want to be getting out of both of those bets. Can see Ferrer swatting Monfils aside from here on in. Have taken him at 1.76. Really like your Simon +5.5 bet Atko. I've the same at the lower price of 1.87 on betfair. I'm also adding over 37.5 @1.91. I can't see either player winning in straight sets. I've also added Falla-Chela over 37.5 games. Both have gone at least four sets in their last two and I don't see either player taking this one easily. It could easily be another Fognini-Montanes style match between two players who prefer clay but lack the discipline to really take hold of a match. I expect Chela to win but I don't think he'll do it with ease. Finally, I'm on Kvitova (-2.5) against Na Li. Kvitova is playing some really solid tennis at the moment, hitting well and looking strong. She won Madrid, beating Na Li in the semi finals 6-3, 6-1 and while I don't expect it to be as comprehensive tomorrow, I still think the Czech has the game to beat the Chinese once more. She seems to just do everything Li does a little bit better and she's in better form. Li took three sets to beat Zahlavova then narrowly beat Espinosa in two. Kvitova is about four levels above those two and 2.5 games is nothing.
An awful day. Chela-Falla overs came in Ferrer - lost Kvitova - lost Simon - lost Simon/Soda overs - lost I'm actually pretty aggrieved at all of them. Ferrer shouldn't really have lost to Monfils at the end of the fifth, while Kvitova collapsed after coasting the opening set. As for Simon - did anyone see that display? That was the worst I've seen of anyone this tournament. He just didn't try to do anything, played the same cross court backhands all game and it was just target training for Soderling. I'd love to hear his justification for that one.

You did not see Montanes in the end of the 5th set yesterday? :(
I did, but I would put that down to exhaustion. Simon started like that and got worse! Looks like the Murray reports are unsubstantiated. Odds on Troicki are soaring.

Re: Tennis - The French Open Just a quick in play for me. Murray to win- 8/11 Ladbrokes- (5/10) Took this at deuce a minute ago. Aside from the sloppy start, Murray is dominating and the match is in his hands. The ankle which worried me looks fine and he should come through this one.

Sport Tennis
Event Francesca Schiavone - Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova
Selection Francesca Schiavone
Strength 1/10
Date 31/05/2011
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.57
Reasoning French Open WTA Slam (FRA) - Clay, Quarter Final. In my opinion Francesca Schiavone should be a big favorite in this match. She won French Open in last year. Francesca Schiavone's favourite surface is clay and she is very strong on this surface. Francesca looks very nice in Paris, defeating many good opponents like Shuai Peng or Jelena Jankovic. Schiavone plays fantastic in rallies so I see many chances for her, many break points! Francesca Schiavone leads 2-1 in head-to-head series. The last match they played in US Open in last year and Schiavone won very easy 6-3 6-0. The match lasted 68 minutes. Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova had only one break point but Francesca saved it. We can see that Schiavone won very easy on hardcourt so I think that she will win on her favourite surface.

Sport Tennis
Event Svetlana Kuznetsova - Marion Bartoli
Selection Svetlana Kuznetsova
Strength 1/10
Date 31/05/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.46
Reasoning French Open WTA Slam (FRA) - Clay, Quarter Final. Svetlana Kuznetsova should be a favorite in this match and I think that she will win. The match can be very close but Svetlana Kuznetsova plays better on clay than Marion Bartoli. Bartoli's favourite surface is hard. Svetlana Kuznetsova leads 2-1 in head-to-head series but they played all matches on hardcourts. Svetlana Kuznetsova looks very good in this tournament. She won in France two years ago so she can play fantastic here. She lost only one set against Daniela Hantuchova in last match - after tie-break so she looks very strong. The match lasted 137 minutes. Marion Bartoli won four matches in France, but three after three sets so in my opinion she is not dangerous opponent for Svetlana. Kuznetsova has strong service, better than Marion. Bartoli is playing at home but Kuznetsova is better on this surface so I think that she will win.

Re: Tennis - The French Open Murray vs Trocki - In play - Murray over 25.5 games - 4/9 - Strength 9/10 Murray is currently on 20 games if I'm not mistaken. - 4+4+6+6 = 20 He can't win this match unless he gets to 6 in the last set, that goes without saying, although its something that needs to be saying, because the bookmakers can't do simple mathematics. Absolutely unbelievable that he is 1/3 to win and 4/9 to reach 6 games in the last set when both come hand in hand. Medium stakes for me though ofcourse. Paddy Power

Sport Tennis
Event Gael Monfils - Roger Federer
Selection over 35.5 games
Strength 1/10
Date 31/05/2011
Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 1.87
Reasoning French Open GS (FRA) - Clay, Quarter Final. Roger Federer is a big favorite in this match. He looks great in France - won all matches withot any problems after three sets. He is in very good shape, defeating many difficult rivals like Wawrinka, Tipsarevic, Lopez. He played against really good players. Gael Monfils defeated David Ferrer in last match so he is strong player. Roger Federer leads 5-1 in head-to-head series but he lost the last match against Gael Monfils. They played in Paris and match was very close. Gael Monfils won after three tie-breaks! Monfils has powerful service, he plays very good in rallies so he can win one set. Both players have good service so maybe they will play tie-break. I think that over 35.5 games is good option! Odd is very nice!

Sport Tennis
Event Gael Monfils - Roger Federer
Selection over 35.5 games
Strength 1/10
Date 31/05/2011
Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 1.87
Reasoning French Open GS (FRA) - Clay, Quarter Final. Roger Federer is a big favorite in this match. He looks great in France - won all matches withot any problems after three sets. He is in very good shape, defeating many difficult rivals like Wawrinka, Tipsarevic, Lopez. He played against really good players. Gael Monfils defeated David Ferrer in last match so he is strong player. Roger Federer leads 5-1 in head-to-head series but he lost the last match against Gael Monfils. They played in Paris and match was very close. Gael Monfils won after three tie-breaks! Monfils has powerful service, he plays very good in rallies so he can win one set. Both players have good service so maybe they will play tie-break. I think that over 35.5 games is good option! Odd is very nice!
That's a good tip after reading that reasoning......! :clap Good substance in that. Might follow.

Re: Tennis - The French Open This is directed at SayYesMoreInLife ... ... a couple of things. Post up your bets clearly and well before the matches start. Nobody gives a toss if you've taken a 50/1 accumulator unless they've had a chance to follow it. That way, someone else might be able to take advantage of a good tip. After-eventing and over-gloating aren't appreciated on here. Secondly, a piece of gambling advice. Don't fret and over-react if a bet starts badly. I'd have no hairs left at the age of 25 if I started to panic everytime my selection went a set down. I get the feeling you are perhaps a bit impulsive, and although you may have got a few winners in the last couple of days, a lucid head is always needed if you want to make profit. I think your tone and style are beginning to irk certain people on this forum. I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt so far but let's take into account what I've said above. Thanks, and good luck for the rest of the event :cheers

Re: Tennis - The French Open Federer to win in straight sets 17/20 Victor hes been on great form this tournament and hasnt dropped a set. last time they met on clay (last years french) it was straight set win. after a long 5 setter today i fancy monfils to be tiring and he has had a minor injury already this tournament.

Re: Tennis - The French Open I'm not really sure what happened to poor old Simon today. I didn't see the match so can't comment but from the scoreboard, he seemed totally ineffective. Breaks a wee run of form at my end but hopefully this one will kick me back in the right direction. - Roger Federer -6.5 games (v Gael Monfils) @ 1.909 with Pinnacle (8pts) I do quite like this bet. Federer has been playing very well in the last few rounds. He left Tipsarevic and Wawrinka for dead in straight sets and I believe he may well do the same to Monfils. They know each other pretty well. Fed leads the H2H 5-1. Monfils did win their last meeting, but that was on indoor hard in Paris, an event Federer never takes pretty seriously ahead of the World Tour Finals. Monfils did well to beat Ferrer, but the Spaniard suits him because he's a grinder and won't pick on Monfils' languid strokes. Federer, on the other hand, will attack him. I can see that being an issue for Monfils because he's going to be tired. Five sets with Ferrer will take it out of you mentally and physically. If Federer motors away early, which I can see him doing, then I can't see any way back for Monfils. They've met twice before at Roland Garros and Federer has covered the line both times. Monfils is good for one poor set - a 6-2 or even a 6-1 - and I think his goose could be cooked here. Federer's purring right now, and should have too much for the Frenchman. :hope

This is directed at SayYesMoreInLife ... ... a couple of things. Post up your bets clearly and well before the matches start. Nobody gives a toss if you've taken a 50/1 accumulator unless they've had a chance to follow it. That way, someone else might be able to take advantage of a good tip. After-eventing and over-gloating aren't appreciated on here. Secondly, a piece of gambling advice. Don't fret and over-react if a bet starts badly. I'd have no hairs left at the age of 25 if I started to panic everytime my selection went a set down. I get the feeling you are perhaps a bit impulsive, and although you may have got a few winners in the last couple of days, a lucid head is always needed if you want to make profit. I think your tone and style are beginning to irk certain people on this forum. I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt so far but let's take into account what I've said above. Thanks, and good luck for the rest of the event :cheers
Well I toned down after being made aware I annoy a few posters with my impulsive / hyper-active way of being during my bet's are in play. You are right I often go into an intense, adrenaline filled over-drive the moment one of the matches to a bet of mine starts and thats just my nature whilst gambling. I've toned it down though and it will stay that way ;)

Re: Tennis - The French Open Gael Monfils vs Roger Federer set betting 3-1 Federer 11/4 skybet i think he will lose a set because he has not been tested in this tournament winning easily in his matches also he can lose concentration in a set which he may lose this time because of the opponent

(2/10) D.Ferrer/G.Monfils - Over 36 games @ 1.92 with Pinnacle
That was easy enough. I am actually having five for tomorrow. I would definitely recommend smaller stakes for the doubles though. (3/10) R.Federer (-6.5) to beat G.Monfils @ 1.87 with Pinnacle Obvious enough really. Monfils might be tired a little bit and Monfils cannot hit through him anyway. I can see Monfils taking one set off him though (perhaps a tie-break), so this looks better than the unders to me, although I wouldn't put anyway off that either. (2/10) F.Schiavone (-5.5) to beat A.Pavlyuchenkova @ 3.00 with Paddy Power The default line is 3.5, but 5.5 can be covered and the odds are too good to ignore. Schiavone playing well throughout the event, defending the title is apparently a huge motivation. Pavly is priced so well thanks to the win over Zvonareva, but Vera was poor (5-2 in the first and lost, etc.). Francesca is much better than the Russian and I can see an easy victory for her. (1/10) Bopanna/Qureshi to beat Bryan/Bryan @ 3.81 with Pinnacle No way this price should be this big. The Bryans are not at their best and they are winning matches with problems. B/Q are solid team and they should stay well in this. They can certainly get to the tie-breaks at least and then it's anyone's guess really, so 3.81 is not justified in my opinion. (1/10) Petrova/Rodionova to beat Shvedova/King @ 2.08 with Pinnacle Another interesting match-up, but I can see problems for the favourites. King is still struggling with an injury and the duo was not convincing in the last match. They should have lost that one really and they are really poor on serve. Would make P/R the favourites here. (1/10) Lindstedt/Tecau to beat Nestor/Mirnyi @ 3.31 with Pinnacle Final bet for me and I do not agree with this price either. It is a 40-60 match at best and L/T are looking better than the odds suggest. Serve will dominate with these four huge guys and we may see some tie-breaks here as well. No way L/T would be 3.31 in them and they also looked marginally better than N/M during this season to me.

Re: Tennis - The French Open Sportsbet.com.au is offering an interesting 3 event multi with +10% odds: Essendon $1.22 v Melbourne $4.30 (AFL) into Dallas $2.75 @ Miami $1.47 (game 1 NBA) into Murray $1.36 v Troiki $3.00. Essendon and Murray would (should?) be considered firm favourites based on current form (Melb are very generously priced at $4.30 - should be double that!). As would Miami at home, but as a safety, could take both Dallas & Miami to cover the two options: Essendon, Murray & Miami is paying $2.58 with the +10% bonus. Essendon, Murray & Dallas is paying $4.92. Seems like an interesting and relatively straightforward opportunity (if any 3 game multi can be so considered). Am very bullish on Essendon (readers are refered to the AFL coverage on this site). The tennis experts here are on Murray. That only leaves the NBA. GL :hope

Sportsbet.com.au is offering an interesting 3 event multi with +10% odds: Essendon $1.22 v Melbourne $4.30 (AFL) into Dallas $2.75 @ Miami $1.47 (game 1 NBA) into Murray $1.36 v Troiki $3.00. Essendon and Murray would (should?) be considered firm favourites based on current form (Melb are very generously priced at $4.30 - should be double that!). As would Miami at home, but as a safety, could take both Dallas & Miami to cover the two options: Essendon, Murray & Miami is paying $2.58 with the +10% bonus. Essendon, Murray & Dallas is paying $4.92.
If there was ever a sure bet, it'd be Essendon to beat the Demons. Didn't get to catch any of the Murray and Troiki match but down to a 1 set shootout from reading the scores. Hopefully I can catch some highlights to see how it all played out and how they were feeling towards the end. I personally think Dallas and Miami should be much closer than what they are giving. I'm liking Roger Federer to beat Gael Monfils in 4 sets - $3.60 Sportsbet Gael loves playing to the crowd and can see him pulling 1 set on adrenalin alone. Even if David Ferrer did wear him down. Happy punting

Sport Tennis
Event Pavlyuchenkova vs. Schiavone
Selection Pavlyuchenkova
Strength 10/10
Date 31/05/2011
Bookmaker/Price Victor Chandler @ 2.75
Reasoning Well, there are no doubts that Francesca Schiavone is the defending champion but I think that she is a litter bit overrated in this one as in terms of class Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova is a even better player, a player who possess better qualities, especially if we speak about the attack. Pavlyuchenkova is a player who without any doubts can compete against any top player, she is a really talented girl. I would like to mentionate that Schiavone don"t have any advantage in terms of form here as 2011 has been a even better season for the russian player as for the italian player. So, there are two aspects that goes on the russian"s side, class and form, so nice value here. Good Luck!

Sport Tennis
Event Federer vs. Monfils
Selection Monfils
Strength 10/10
Date 31/05/2011
Bookmaker/Price Victor Chandler @ 5.00
Reasoning Well, I really can't understand these just crazy odds. Roger Federer has never been the same on clay as on hard or grass, he had the luck to win once French Open because he didn't played against Rafa. Federer is a great player, he is a legend for tennis but lets not forget that the aspect of surface means a lot and can change the essential things. Today Federer will play against Gael Monfils, a player who first of all is playing at home, secondly he has some clear advanatges against Federer in terms of style as he can cover so well the court, can read so well the play and can do a amazing job in the defence. Murray, Simon or Monfils are the perfect style players to be dangerous against Federer as they these players can return any almost impossible into play and pressure you to one more shot. Monfils has been underrated for all during the tournament, that is for sure, he has been underrated because he didn't played a stbale tennis till French Open, but certain here in France he is playing his best tennis and IMO that is everything that count. Huge value!Good Luck!

Re: Tennis - The French Open First post on Punters Lounge guys,I'm a fulltime punter and have made a profit consistently over past 3 years.I have looked at some of the posts here and no offence but some of the tips are beyond belief,time to put my money where my mouth is and get u guys turning profit! Monfils v Federer number of sets over 3.5 @ 1.90 Bet365 Monfils in front of his home fans,covers the court as well as anyone and has a fantastic return.The type of opponent who can trouble Federer and excellent price