Tennis - The French Open

Tennis Roland Garros

Sport Tennis
Event Kanepi v Makarova
Selection Makarova ML
Strength 10/10
Date 28/05/2011
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 2.82
Reasoning Kaia Kanepi looked better yesterdays after a less-impressive match agains Sofia Ardvidsson but I still think she shouldn't be such favorite. Makarova might not play on her best surface but she's been fairly decent so far, easily beating Romina Oprandi (despite losing a set) and Johanna Larsson. She is 4-3 on clay this season, better than Kanepi's 2-3, and she can be proud of recently beating high-rated Yanina Wickmayer at Madrid. The two players have played each other twice (1-1) but it's been a long time ago and only one match was on clay anyway. I think Makarova can pull out a little suprise today.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - The French Open

Sport Tennis
Event Kanepi v Makarova
Selection Makarova ML
Strength 10/10
Date 28/05/2011
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 2.82
Reasoning Kaia Kanepi looked better yesterdays after a less-impressive match agains Sofia Ardvidsson but I still think she shouldn't be such favorite. Makarova might not play on her best surface but she's been fairly decent so far, easily beating Romina Oprandi (despite losing a set) and Johanna Larsson. She is 4-3 on clay this season, better than Kanepi's 2-3, and she can be proud of recently beating high-rated Yanina Wickmayer at Madrid. The two players have played each other twice (1-1) but it's been a long time ago and only one match was on clay anyway. I think Makarova can pull out a little suprise today.

Djokovic will win this with ease tomorrow. I'm actually still confident in my (-6.5) bet. I'll happily lay evens if anyone wants on a tie-break...
Went exactly how I expected to in the last two sets with Djokovic winning them 6-3, 6-2. Brought in the -6.5 game handicap. Didn't bet against tie-break in the end.

Re: Tennis - The French Open im also going with montanes to beat fognini at 4/9 (victor chandler) montanes is ranked higher 38 to 49 montanes has beaten fognini 4 of the 5 times they have met on clay, twice this month 7-6, 6-1 and also 6-2,4-6,6-4 cant see him losing this even though both players are on good form any opinions?

Right 3 for me tomorrow then, hoping I can have a day of profit to make up for a couple of dodgy days. Alexandr Dolgopolov vs Viktor Troicki- Dolgopolov -2 handicap- 10/11 Bet365- (4/10)- LOSS Andy Murray vs Michael Berrer- Over 28.5 games- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10)- LOSS Leonardo Mayer vs Robin Soderling- Tie break to be played- 11/8 Bet365- (3/10)- LOSS
Think my best tip from now on would be not to pay any attention to my tips. Didn't really get Berrer's tactics after Murray picked up that injury. Surely the plan should have been play to his backhand with plenty of dropshots, not play to his forehand with mid court shots. Really strange. -11 for me, just continuing my bad form. So from at one point being up around 18 units, I'm now currently -5.59 for the tournament and beating myself up for some stupid bets I've taken that I've been looking through. Plenty of better people in the forum at the minute so I'd advise looking to them to make some money. Tomorrow's truly make or break day...

Djokovic Federer Nadal all to win anyone see any problems with this bet? £1 pays £1.19
LOL! You are a funny rookie my friend. I see the problem, there's no value in these odds and unless you are looking to put 1000 pounds which will win you 190 pounds you are wasting your opportunities for tomorrows matches. Here are a few accumulators i have done, I apologize to Atko for not putting reasons up but I am absolutely exhausted and will try and do so tomorrow, here they are anyway.... Montanes to bt Fognini - 8/15 - check their head to head on clay Djokovic to bt Gasguet 3-0 - 8/15 - check Djokovic's form Federer to bt Wawrinka 3-0 4/6 - Federer's been on fire so far Monfils +6.5 handicap vs Ferrer - 4/5 - Monfils has beaten him both times they've met, the other being 3 years ago @ the French in a Quarter final... Monfils has the French crowd on his side too ^^^Around 6/1 - I've staked £20 which returned 120 in addition to the 20 staked. (Again sorry about the brief reasoning, really tired) You've also got Bartoli to bt Dulko - 8/15 - French Crowd and better clay courter Schiavone to bt Jankovic 11/10 - Connection with the French Crowd, better clay courter. (Proven by last years win) Federer 3-0 - 4/6 (See above) Djokovic 3-0 - 8/15 (See above) ^^^^Around 7/1 - I've staked £10 There's so much more value for tomorrow, betting high on the outright favorites would be an absolute waste IMO

Sport Tennis
Event Albert Montanes - Fabio Fognini
Selection Albert Montanes -2.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 1/10
Date 29/05/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 3.40
Reasoning French Open GS (FRA) - Clay, Round of 16 Albert Montanes is a big favorite in this match. In my opinion he will win without big problems. Albert is in great shape - defeating many good rivals like Mikhail Youzhny. Albert Montanes's favourite surface is clay so he plays fantastic on this surface. He defeated very easy Youzhny - won two sets 6-1 so he can win very easy in next match! Why not? He had 7 break points in last match against Mikhail Youzhny and won 6! Montanes plays very good in rallies. Maybe his service is not strong but he has nice forehand and backhand. He has many chances to break rival's service in match. Fabio Fognini likes play on this surface but he is not top player. He defeated two weak players - Denis Istomin and Stephane Robert. Fognini won against Garcia-Lopez but he is without big shape. I think that Albert Montanes will win 3-0. He is better tennis player than Fognini. Montanes is in great shape and I trust him!

Sport Tennis
Event Albert Montanes - Fabio Fognini
Selection Albert Montanes -2.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 1/10
Date 29/05/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 3.40
Reasoning French Open GS (FRA) - Clay, Round of 16 Albert Montanes is a big favorite in this match. In my opinion he will win without big problems. Albert is in great shape - defeating many good rivals like Mikhail Youzhny. Albert Montanes's favourite surface is clay so he plays fantastic on this surface. He defeated very easy Youzhny - won two sets 6-1 so he can win very easy in next match! Why not? He had 7 break points in last match against Mikhail Youzhny and won 6! Montanes plays very good in rallies. Maybe his service is not strong but he has nice forehand and backhand. He has many chances to break rival's service in match. Fabio Fognini likes play on this surface but he is not top player. He defeated two weak players - Denis Istomin and Stephane Robert. Fognini won against Garcia-Lopez but he is without big shape. I think that Albert Montanes will win 3-0. He is better tennis player than Fognini. Montanes is in great shape and I trust him!
In your opinion he will win without any big problems yet you value the bet as a whole as a measly 1 out 10? lol Am i missing something?

LOL! You are a funny rookie my friend. I see the problem, there's no value in these odds and unless you are looking to put 1000 pounds which will win you 190 pounds you are wasting your opportunities for tomorrows matches. Here are a few accumulators i have done, I apologize to Atko for not putting reasons up but I am absolutely exhausted and will try and do so tomorrow, here they are anyway.... Montanes to bt Fognini - 8/15 - check their head to head on clay Djokovic to bt Gasguet 3-0 - 8/15 - check Djokovic's form Federer to bt Wawrinka 3-0 4/6 - Federer's been on fire so far Monfils +6.5 handicap vs Ferrer - 4/5 - Monfils has beaten him both times they've met, the other being 3 years ago @ the French in a Quarter final... Monfils has the French crowd on his side too ^^^Around 6/1 - I've staked £20 which returned 120 in addition to the 20 staked. (Again sorry about the brief reasoning, really tired) You've also got Bartoli to bt Dulko - 8/15 - French Crowd and better clay courter Schiavone to bt Jankovic 11/10 - Connection with the French Crowd, better clay courter. (Proven by last years win) Federer 3-0 - 4/6 (See above) Djokovic 3-0 - 8/15 (See above) ^^^^Around 7/1 - I've staked £10 There's so much more value for tomorrow, betting high on the outright favorites would be an absolute waste IMO
haha i am certainly a rookie thanks for the tips and i will avoid poor pay outs like that from now on it was just a bit of a bank builder what about the three i mentioned each to win in 3 sets?

haha i am certainly a rookie thanks for the tips and i will avoid poor pay outs like that from now on it was just a bit of a bank builder what about the three i mentioned each to win in 3 sets?
Avoid taking Nadal in 3 sets, after watching Ljubicic today, I'd fancy him to snatch a set, his first serve percentage was outta this roof and Nadal wouldn't be able to touch him on most service games if you ask me, not with the way hes been playing.... plus 1/4 is crap, hardly adds to the accumulated total anyway, you'd hate for that to be the one to bite you in the foot my friend... Djokovic and Federer in 3 sets is likely I wouldn't stake more than £30 on it though, moderate stakes... Federer has a knack of switching off and shanking balls for atleast one period of every match and if Wawrinka capitalizes on that then you are going to be kicking yourself. Why don't you like the look of Monfils on a plus handicap? Ferrer hates playing him dude, he's designed to beat Ferrer.

Re: Tennis - The French Open Really hope that I can turn it round tomorrow. Gone quite heavy on Federer and taken Monty as well. Thought long and hard about the Monfils handicap but didn't bite in the end. Haven't looked into the women much so just the two men's matches for me. Roger Federer vs Stanislas Wawrinka- Federer -7 handicap- 19/20 Sportingbet- (8/10) The biggest bet of the tournament for me and if it goes wrong, and Fed doesn't come out firing, then my tournament from a punters perspective has been a shocker. I just can't ignore how Federer's been playing this week. He has looked the most impressive and comfortable with his game. Since overcoming Lopez in round 1, he has gone from strength to strength and the win over Tipsarevic was the Federer of old and the best I've seen on him possibly this year. His serving was tight and effective, whilst his backhand wasn't erratic in the slightest which is sometimes the case. He was seeing the ball like a basketball and Tipsarevic couldn't trouble him with any great force at any point in the match. Wawrinka overcame Tsonga in an epic a couple of days ago, and it will be interesting to see how fresh he is for the match against the man who he's always lived in the shadow of. If Stan is suffering from fatigue early doors and has a sloppy first half hour, Federer will pounce and it will be a mighty struggle for Stan from there. Everyone is aware of the H2H between these two, and Stan has a mental problem against Federer. Federer has already beaten him twice this season, including a heavy defeat at the Australian Open where Fed covered the handicap with ease. If he continues his form of this week, Djokovic, let alone Wawrinka would struggle and I fancy Roger to enjoy the match tomorrow and extend his good form this week. Albert Montanes vs Fabio Fognini- Montanes -3.5 handicap- 5/6 Bet365- (5/10) Feel this is the end of the road for the Italian after a week where he's been pretty much untested and comfortable. He's only dropped one set this week in Paris and he has yet to come across a player who has given him problems. Montanes however is a step up in class on the clay courts and he has also only dropped one set this week. He again has been extremely comfortable, even against Youzhny who although is out or sorts at the minute, can still be a danger. He hammered the Russian though and will be fresh to go tomorrow in the morning match. Coming into Paris this week he was out of form a touch but as we've seen from the Spaniard in the past, when he gets some wins together, the momentum he generates means he is a force to be reckoned with on the clay. He was knocked out by Soderling last year in the third round but he'll know this is a huge opportunity to make the quarters of a grand slam for the first time and I'd expect that to be a huge motivation for the Spaniard. He leads the H2H 4-1, winning the last 3, including one back in Casablanca this year, and covering the handicap in the process and I'll back him to repeat that again tomorrow.

Re: Tennis - The French Open Sport Tennis Event Gasquet - Djokovic Selection Gasquet +4.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 29/05/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 4.50 Reasoning In my opinion Gasquet can fight here and Djokovic can have big troubles. Gasquet play at home, Gasquet play the best tennis in last year or two. Gasquet look mentall strong and Gasquet feel really confident before this match. In Rome beat Federer after long match, maybe today make next big upset? Djokovic off course is in great shape, but concended set against Del Potro and play this match in two days, can be small problem. Gasquet have more time for preparation.. For me Djokovic win this match in 5 long sets! ---------- Sport Tennis Event Jankovic - Schiavone Selection Jankovic -1.5 sets (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 29/05/2011 Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 3.00 Reasoning For me Jelena can win this match in two sets. First match in 2004 won Schiavone, but next three matches(06, 08 and 09) won Jankovic in straight sets. For me repeat today this results. Jankovic here is in big form, winning matches without any problems, concended only 13 games in 3 matches. Serving really good, been very hard to break. Schiavone in first two matches beat rivals without problems, but in last match lost first set against Peng and.. Peng retired in second. Lucky for Francesca. 6-3, 6-4 ------- Sport Tennis Event Dulko - Bartoli Selection Dulko Strength 10/10 Date 29/05/2011 Bookmaker/Price Centrebet @ 2.80 Reasoning In my opinion Dulko can make small suprise in this match and win it. Bartoli leading 4-0 in h2h, but all matches played on faster surface(better for Bartoli). First clay tie, this is advantage for Gisel, who moving better at the court. Dulko in first two matches beat without any problems Pironkova and Falconi, in third round in three sets been titler cadidate Stosur and make big suprise! Dulko is more fresh. Bartoli in three matches played 9 sets and not played against really strong rivals - Tatishvili, Govoortsotva? Please.. Dulko not makin too many unforced errors, for me can win it! ---- Sport Tennis Event Kuznetsova - Hantuchova Selection Kuznetsova -1.5 sets (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 29/05/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 3.20 Reasoning In my opinion Kuznetsova is be able to win this match in two sets. Kuznetsova leading 7-4 in H2H against Hantuchova, won two matches on clay surface, both 2:0. Svetlana have more experience in Roland Garros, won this tournament in 2009, in last yera been without form, but in this season can repeat big result here. Hantuchova never been in QF here. In first three matches both playing on the highest level, but for me Kuznetsova is better player and win it in 2 sets.

Re: Tennis - The French Open Looking to build on yesterday's wins through Djokovic and Ljubicic. Considered a bet in three of the four matches today but in the end I've just hit the one. - Roger Federer -7 games AH (v Stanislas Wawrinka) @ 1.909 with Pinnacle (5pts) I think Fishy has made most of the salient points for this bet, but I'll add in a few words anyway. Federer has looked supremely comfortable in his first three matches against Lopez, Teixeira and Tipsarevic and I don't see Wawrinka threatening him. Stan played really well against Tsonga but a big part of his win was down to Tsonga losing his fitness quickly. He still offered up chances and got very tight when serving out the match. In terms of skill, Wawrinka can live with almost any player but mentally, especially against Federer, he seems to lie down a lot of the time. An 8-1 H2H record, two defeats in this year alone, show that he has major issues against his compatriot. I suspect it is tough for him to play second fiddle to Federer, who is a better player and has the Indian Sign over Stan. I can't really see him keeping it close, especially with fatigue a potential factor after four hours on court with JWT. :hope

Sport Tennis
Event Novak Djokovic - Richard Gasquet
Selection under 31.5 games
Strength 1/10
Date 29/05/2011
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 1.85
Reasoning French Open GS (FRA) - Clay, Round of 16. Novak Djokovic is a big favorite for me in this match. I think that he will win Roland Garros in this year. In my opinion he is better player than Rafael Nadal now. Nadal is without his big shape so Novak Djokovic has many chances to be number 1! Richard Gasquet is playing at home so motivation must be high - friends are supporters. He has nice service and fantastic backhand but Novak is better player. Novak has better service, he plays great in rallies so I don't see many chances for Richard Gasquet in this match. Novak Djokovic leads 5-1 in head-to-head series. The last match they played in Indian Wells in this year and Novak Djokovic won very easy 6-2 6-4. Richard Gasquet is very good player, he likes play on clay but Novak Djokovic looks great in France. In my opinion he will win French Open so this match should be easy for him!

Sport Tennis
Event David Ferrer - Gael Monfils
Selection under 36 games
Strength 1/10
Date 29/05/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.97
Reasoning French Open GS (FRA) - Clay, Round of 16. David Ferrer is a big favorite in this match. He is in great shape and he should win very easy. Gael Monfils is very good player, he is playing at home so it's his advantage. Gael Monfils leads 2-0 in head-to-head series. The match on clay they played in 2008. Where? French Open. Gael Monfils 3-1. The last match they played in Davis Cup in last year. Gael Monfils played at home and won after five sets. Monfils defeated Ferrer twice but I have to say that David Ferrer looks great in France in this year! He easy won three matches - defeated many good rivals like Nieminen. He plays very good in his service games. David was serving very nice in last match against Sergiy Stakhovsky: 1st Serve Percentage 67% (45/67) 1st Serve Points Won 80% (36/45) 2nd Serve Points Won 68% (15/22) David Ferrer's service is not strong but he plays fantastic in his service games. I like him because he is fighter - motivation must be high! He is experienced tennis player. Gael Monfils won three matches in France but he played against weak players - Phau, Rufin, Darcis. Under 36 games is nice option!

Sport Tennis
Event Svetlana Kuznetsova - Daniela Hantuchova
Selection Svetlana Kuznetsova
Strength 1/10
Date 29/05/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.88
Reasoning French Open WTA Slam (FRA) - Clay, Round of 16. Svetlana Kuznetsova is a favorite in this match and in my opinion she will win! Hantuchova defeated Caroline Wozniacki in two sets in last match but Caroline Wozniacki is without big shape. She is playing weakly lately. Svetlana leads 7-4 in head-to-head series. The last match they played on clay in Rome in 2009 and Kuznetsova won 6-3 6-3. Kuznetsova won very easy, Hantuchova won only one break point. Svetlana is in very good shape. She won three matches without any problems. She lost only 11 games in three matches. Svetlana looks fantastic in France. She has great service so she plays very good in her service games. She can't lost too many service games in this match. Kuznetsova plays aggressively. She has powerful forehand. Svetlana won French Open in 2009 so she feels great in France. I see close match here but I think that Svetlana will win! Odd is very nice.

Sport Tennis
Event Marion Bartoli - Gisela Dulko
Selection Marion Bartoli
Strength 1/10
Date 29/05/2011
Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 1.50
Reasoning French Open WTA Slam (FRA) - Clay, Round of 16. Marion Bartoli leads 4-0 in head-to-head series so in my opinion she will win. She is playing at home - friends are supporters. She won all matches against Gisela Dulko 2-0 so I give her more chances. Marion Bartoli's favourite surface is hardcourt but she plays very good on clay in France. She played against Julia Georges in last match and she won! Julia Georges is in very good shape so it was great win! Marion Bartoli won three matches in three sets in Paris. Gisela Dulko lost only one set - against Samantha Stosur. Samantha was favorite to won French Open but she played terrible in match against Gisela - many unforced errors, weak forehand, service. Gisela Dulko had 15 break points and won 5. Gisela Dulko plays in doubles but she defeated Stosur. It was nice surprise. She can play fantastic. Gisela has very good service and volley. Marion Bartoli is favorite for me. She leads 4-0 in head-to-head series so in my opinion she will win.

Sport Tennis
Event Rafael Nadal - Ivan Ljubicic
Selection Ivan Ljubicic
Strength 1/10
Date 30/05/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 19.00
Reasoning French Open GS (FRA) - Clay, Round of 16. Rafael Nadal is a big favorite in this match but we can see fantastic odd in pinnacle sports - 19.00. I see big value here! Rafael Nadal leads 6-2 in head-to-head series so Ivan Ljubicic defeated Nadal twice. He can win again. I have to say that Rafael Nadal is without big shape - five sets against John Isner - player who plays very good on hardcourt. For Isner clay is not good surface. Rafael Nadal had problems in match against Pablo Andujar. Andujar had 16 break points. Rafael saved 11. In third set Pablo led 5-1. Veic is weak player so Nadal won 6-1 6-3 6-0. In my opinion it will be difficult match for Rafa. Ivan Ljubicic has powerful service. Ivan Ljubicic defeated Fernando Verdasco in three sets in last match. Verdasco is very dangerous player on clay. Ljubicic was serving great: 1st Serve Points Won 87% (55/63) 2nd Serve Points Won 44% (14/32) I have to say that Ivan Ljubicic's first service looks fantastic. 11 aces, only two double faults. Fernando Verdasco had only two break points. Rafael Nadal should be favorite in this match but in my opinion Ljubicic can win. I see value here.

Sport Tennis
Event Alejandro Falla - Juan Ignacio Chela
Selection Juan Ignacio Chela -5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 1/10
Date 30/05/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.85
Reasoning French Open GS (FRA) - Clay, Round of 16. Juan Ignacio Chela should win this match because he is in very good shape, defeating many good rivals like Kevin Anderson. Juan Ignacio Chela's first serve percentage is great! For example in match against Tim Smyczek 81%, against Kevin Anderson 90% (133/147). Juan Ignacio Chela's first service looks very nice so he is really hard to break. Juan Ignacio Chela is right-handed, he plays two-handed backhand. He likes play on clay. Chela plays very good in rallies so he has many break points. Clay is very good surface for Alejandro Falla too but he feels tired. He won 6 matches in France! He defeated Lukasz Kubot in last match. Alejandro Falla lost first set but won 3-1! The match lasted 227 minutes. Juan Ignacio Chela is my favorite and in my opinion he should win 3-0 or 3-1 so handicap -5 games is nice option!

Selection Maria Kirilenko
Strength 1/10
Date 30/05/2011
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 4.00
Reasoning French Open WTA Slam (FRA) - Clay, Round of 16. Maybe Andrea Petkovic should be a favorite in this match but odd for her win like 1,33 is not serios for me. In my opinion Maria Kirilenko can win this match. She is in good shape. Andrea Petkovic leads 2-0 in head-to-head series. They played two matches in this year and Andrea Petkovic won twice. They played on clay. Maria Kirilenko looks very good in Paris. She won three matches in two sets. Maria Kirilenko defeated Arantxa Rus who won against top player - Kim Clijsters. Kirilenko won very easy 6-1 6-1. She played fantastic in her service games: 1st Serve Percentage 79% (33/42) 1st Serve Points Won 61% (20/33) 2nd Serve Points Won 89% (8/9) Second service looks great! Maria Kirilenko plays very good in rallies so I see many break points for her. Andrea Petkovic has strong service and she hits ball very strong too but Kirilenko can win. In my opinion Andrea Petkovic is without her big shape. She played tie-break in match against Bojana Jovanovski. Odd is very good and I see value here!

Re: Tennis - The French Open Can't believe that Fedex is gonna mess that up again. Anyway, having one for later. (2/10) D.Ferrer/G.Monfils - Over 36 games @ 1.92 with Pinnacle I think we are going to see something from the Frenchman. He is a top 10 player and he should be focused in front of the home crowd. Ferrer is playing great tennis on clay this year, but 36 games looks a bit low to me. Definitely prefer this to the 6.5 handicap, as Monfils can throw in a 0-6 set somewhere between.

Just lost a heap of money on Montanes ... 5 match points .... 7 let cords (all in fognini's favour) and 30 footfaults .... unbelievable way to not win an accumulator that would have paid massive. Worse betting experience of my life.
Unlucky man. Fognini's gamesmanship got him out of jail at 5-6 15-30 on his serve. Should never have got away with that Although he basically handed Montanes the match but he failed to take it so he cant really complain either. Montanes was a break up in the 4th and 5th sets so its his on fault so he must feel sick. Most incredible match I have ever seen,