** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - The French Open

Re: Tennis - The French Open

Why not just bang three figures on both!? Guarantee profit na?
100 on 2/1 and 100 on 3/1 If 2/1 comes in 100 profit, if 3/1 comes in 200 profit... pretty much guaranteed I agree, I personally went out slightly medium on these both and larger on both as finalists, works out similar anyway. ...and before anyone crucifies me for using figures, they were mere "examples" of stakes, not direct figures as to what I staked.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stinking price' date=' it's 1.97 on Betfair. If you want to do it through a bookie, you could back Nadal v Soderling @ 1.33 tomorrow, then on Friday roll that onto a double of Djokvovic (1.33) and Nadal against Murray or Chela, you'd end of getting about 1.88 on it if Chela is in the semi or higher if it's Murray.[/quote'] Smart idea, although I don't really change from Paddy Power

Re: Tennis - The French Open Murray V Chela Selection: Murray -6.5 hcap 1.83 @ StanJames (4pts) Really enjoyed the match today and feel pretty confident Murray will turn it on against Chela. He has an immaculate h2h against him and I can see Muz inflicting some pain on the Argentinian today. Chela has struggled against some players who i don't particularly rate as well and i think this will be the end of the FO for him. Nadal V Soderling Selection: Over 3.5 sets 1.66 @ 365 (2pts) Mixed bag of previous results on clay between these two with Sods beating him in in 4 in 09 then Nads schooling him in 3 last year. In terms of tournament form Nadal has admitted he isn't playing great, as for Sods he has been alright, getting the job done but on some occassions not as comfortably as i would expect. Can see a fairly tight game here with Nadal prevailing, although can definitely see Sods taken at least a set off him in the process. Azarenka V Li Selection: Azarenka to win 2-0 Evs @ 365 (2pts) Apart from a couple of weeks ago when i had her to beat Sharapova and she decided to take a dump on my face and retire (and i opted for a muggish bookie that doesn't void) i think Aza is pretty reliable for the average punter. Been nicking a bit here and there off the bookies in Aza's games to be under say 19 games, she usually brings home the bacon. I really like the way Azarenka is playing at the moment, seems very fluent and holds her nerve when she has to. No discrediting to Li, she showed a lot of heart against Kvitova to come back from the position she was in but just think Aza has that bit extra in most areas of the court. I would say Aza hcap but just feel she will get the job done in 2, gives me a bit of flexibility if its a bit tighter than expected. Sharapova V Petkovic Selection: No of Sets = 3 2.40 @ Sporting (2pts) Not sure if this is the best price about but had a bit of money laying about in my account and quite like the look of this punt. Sharapova has been really hit and miss for me, for example her match against Garcia. She looked destined to be on her way out and then somehow digs it out and bagels the 3rd. Don't know what it is but when you think Maria is on the ropes she just keeps going and going and manages to claw her way back into it. Petkovic has really impressed me this tournament, many have her down as a cheeky dark horse to win this. I can see a very tight affair here and feel pretty confident this one will go down to the wire.

Re: Tennis - The French Open Andy Murray vs Juan Ignacio Chela over 33.5 games 5/6 games skybet well murray should win this but i think will be close he struggled in his previous match and his injury is a concern Rafael Nadal vs Robin Soderling over 37.5 games 5/6 skybet i think this will go to at least a fourth set nadal is not playing well enough while soderling is not playing great tennis he is playing well enough to get at least a set

Federer's handicap performance summed up my French Open. So near but yet so far ... Nothing for me today, think the juice has been squeezed out of many of today's markets that I'd have been interested in. Good luck to all involved though.

Re: Tennis - The French Open Really quick one to lay the bet of over 19.5 games for Nadal. Soderling's playing amazingly bad and not making the lines today, Nadal's game has improved drastically since the first week's showing. Nadal under 18.5 games - 4/7 - Extremely large stakes Paddy Power Can't see him not winning 6-4, 6-3 or 6-2 in the 3rd.

Really quick one to lay the bet of over 19.5 games for Nadal. Soderling's playing amazingly bad and not making the lines today, Nadal's game has improved drastically since the first week's showing. Nadal under 18.5 games - 4/7 - Extremely large stakes Paddy Power Can't see him not winning 6-4, 6-3 or 6-2 in the 3rd.
Lost :sad ...but covered with Nadal in tiebreak thank the lord.

Lost :sad ...but covered with Nadal in tiebreak thank the lord. ive seen alot of celebs like you on here giving it the ive backed this and that after the event picking the winner of the tournament antipost @100/1 hehe

ive seen alot of celebs like you on here giving it the ive backed this and that after the event picking the winner of the tournament antipost @100/1 hehe
Okay, I am full of shi*. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/705/proofmk.jpg/ Screenshot. "Hehe" to you too. PS: Wasn't bragging, Wheelerdeeler asked for more clarity before I'd simply mentioned how I'd covered myself.

Murray V Chela Selection: Murray -6.5 hcap 1.83 @ StanJames (4pts) Really enjoyed the match today and feel pretty confident Murray will turn it on against Chela. He has an immaculate h2h against him and I can see Muz inflicting some pain on the Argentinian today. Chela has struggled against some players who i don't particularly rate as well and i think this will be the end of the FO for him.
Just made it :clap Almost followed too, wish I had now.

Sharapova vs Li Na Selection - Li Na 13/8 - Paddy Power Medium stakes

I don't know much about women's tennis admittedly but have been watching the women's draw unfold this tournament, so here's my confident take.... Li Na is on a 10 match unbeaten run, the girl's movement and groundstrokes have been immaculate and you could say she comprehensively beat the one of the best female player's on clay in Azerenka in the last match. She is up there with Schaivone in terms of defensive prowess and that is one thing a lot of Sharapova's previous opponents this tournament have been lacking. Radwanska was able to manipulate Maria around the court but could not withstand the onslaught to her return of serves, same with Petkovic, who I have to say has an incredibly weak serve, its all arm and no rotation. Li Na is a solid manipulator, she can defend and she can attack and she knows how to slide on clay, one thing I've never seen Sharapova do. People talk about Murray having an easy draw to reach the semi finals, what about Sharapova, my oh my .... Lucic? Garcia? Chan? Radwanska? and Petkovic? The most highly credible there you would say, would have to be Radwanska and she choked and gave in to Maria's clutch play. Li Na meanwhile has had Kvitova and Azerenka in the last two rounds and I had Azerenka down as one of the favourites after watching her in clay masters tournaments. Sharapova is also vulnerable to the odd double fault, she still isn't fully over her shoulder injury, the rehabilitation process since the operation you feel is drawing to a close but isn't quite there yet. Li Na has also won their last 2 recent outings on grass, which is Sharapova's far and away best surface, due to the speed of the ball off the court from the massive forehands and serves she hits. Jun 7 2010 Birmingham WTA Int'l (GBR) Grass, F (1)(WC)Li(11,4.15) d (2)Sharapova(17,4.35) 7-5 6-1 Jun 8 2009 Birmingham WTA Int'l (GBR) Grass, SF (4)Li(20,3.13) d Sharapova(73,4.01) 6-4 6-4 Yes, its true, indeed she did beat her here @ Roland Garros 6-4, 0-6, 6-4 but that was a while back and an extremely tight match, one in which she was beagled on and one in which you would believe she used her ever so trusty clutch play to come through. Her clutch won't save her this time against a much more improved and experienced Li Na.

Maybe it's just me but I see no point in typing in-play stuff in here' date=' it's great if people are covering their bets but what does that mean to anyone reading this? Zilch really.[/quote'] Yeah it is hard to follow them. I only did it with my Murray bet as I wanted to keep the P/L up to date. Makes it easier for me to see what I've made or loss when I look back.

Bartoli vs Schaivone Selection - Schiavone 8/13 - Paddy Power Medium stakes

I just really don't get the hype behind this girl Bartoli, her serve is almost as bad as Petkovic's. If it wasn't for her amazing return of serve I don't know how she'd still be in this tournament. I can't see how Bartoli can contain the reigning French Open Champion's all court gave, her offence is pretty good but her defense is distinctly average. She also can't string a series of good points together, she's as eratic as Andy Murray has been this tournament. I feel Shciavone is a better clutch player, she plays the big points 10 times better than her opponent. A potential cover for this would be over 21.5 games, as there's no way Bartoli wins this in straights, oh and small stakes for the games.

Re: Tennis - The French Open Hmmm mixed bag today, glad Murray came through being my strongest pick of the day...would've felt pretty annoyed if he didn't cover it after the amount of chances he through away. He looked destined to win the 2nd 6-2 and ended up winning 7-5 pfft. Feel slightly robbed with the Nadal game, Sods didnt turn up in the first or second but had numerous break points in the 3rd and wouldve been serving for the set but was unable to covert any unfortunately. As far as the WTA picks go, i had a shocker. Fair play to Li, didnt see that coming...Petkovic battled in the 2nd but simpky wasnt good enough. Wont be punting on the semis i dont think, these are the matches to sit back and enjoy. Would love to see Murray in the final though....and think Novak's price against Feds is a joke tbh. Fingers crossed for a Muz v Novak final, Muz could have a chance against him the way he plays....sorry if this contradicts anyones punts...just wishful thinking. Anyway gl to any of use that play the semis.

Re: Tennis - The French Open sticking with the 3-0 set bets after nice two ones today. but going to lay djokovic 3-0 as its 2/1 on betfair no way is federer not winning at least a set v novak. loads on here seem to think novak will wipe the floor but i really cant see it. ive been very impressed with fed this tournament and he hasnt dropped a set yet so will definately cause problems for djokovic fingers crossed

Re: Tennis - The French Open Anyone else here think murray and feds odds are both a fair way too high? After all they are the 3rd and 4th best in the world:lol Fed imo has looked the strongest out of anyone this tournament, and rafa looked awful vulnerable against soda last night, his consistency was just missing. Seems like a small play on both wouldnt be a bad idea?

Anyone else here think murray and feds odds are both a fair way too high? After all they are the 3rd and 4th best in the world:lol Fed imo has looked the strongest out of anyone this tournament, and rafa looked awful vulnerable against soda last night, his consistency was just missing. Seems like a small play on both wouldnt be a bad idea?
In a word no. Murray would never ever beat Rafael Nadal on a clay court best of 5 set match and Federer is still too inconsistent to cause Djokovic any problems. When I mean inconsistent, I mean his spurts of Federerness are not frequent enough to over-come Novak. His clutch play has also not been great, I was amazed at howmany missed opportunities he had against Monfils to break time and time again and Monfils wasn't doing anything spectacular to hold either.

Re: Tennis - The French Open Any opinions on the Llodra/Zimonjic v Mirnyi/Nestor game? From what I've seen this season and tournament the Llodra combination were looking better. But haven't seen enough to actually get a clear pick outta this. But 1.80 looks too high for me at this moment. Was thinking it would be somthing like 1.65-1.70.

Re: Tennis - The French Open I think marion bartoli is playing better than schiavione at the moment, schiavone getting away with a below par performance against pavly's inexperience, i think her back hands will get some thrashing from bartoli's forehand. Most interesting is the 3.5+ handicap for bartoli who is by some distance the less error prone player out of the two.

SportTennis
EventSharapova v Li
SelectionLi
Strength10/10
Date02/06/2011
Bookmaker/PriceSportingbet @ 2.81
ReasoningNeither are natural clay court players, but both getting through so far. Can't help but feel Li has shown the better form. Sharapova has had a pretty soft draw, and Petkovic was dreadful yesterday. Li on the other hand has stepped up in last few matches, and showing the grand slam form she had earlier this year in Australia. Li was superb yesterday against Azarenka and a similar performance should see her through. Weather forecast in for it to be windy today, which should surely cause Sharapova more problems on serve. I see this as a really close game, I'd have Li priced more like 2.20.

Re: Tennis - The French Open port Tennis Event Schukin - Youzhny Selection Schukin Strength 10/10 Date 02/06/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 4.75 Reasoning BWIN IS ONE BALL BOOKIE, if match started and player retired, bet is WON. Small challanger in Prostejov, why Youzhny playing here? Real decision, without any logic in my opinion. Grass season is close to start, Youzhny must take practise before important matches, here play on clay. QF is good result, if win it not make too many points for the rank, any difference. Schukin off course is very motivated, because is OUT of top100 and want back, in tournaments like this can make important points. July 2010, QF in Gstaad - Schukin beat Youzhny in three sets on clay surface, why not today?

Re: Tennis - The French Open Roger Federer - Novak Djokovic | Federer +5.5 1.8@triobet! 6/10! Well, two big guns collide today, as we all questioning ourselves how much Novaks streak will last ? I think today will be that day when he has a huge pressure on him to win and go to the finals and maybe ahead of the Rafa in the rankings ... Novak finding ways to win vs federrer, but today federer will be different, he always shines on his the big ocasions, and today is his bigest ocasion so far this year. So even one god set 6:3 from federer will do it i think, he probably will cover that handycap :hope

SportTennis
EventSharapova v Li
SelectionLi
Strength10/10
Date02/06/2011
Bookmaker/PriceSportingbet @ 2.81
ReasoningNeither are natural clay court players, but both getting through so far. Can't help but feel Li has shown the better form. Sharapova has had a pretty soft draw, and Petkovic was dreadful yesterday. Li on the other hand has stepped up in last few matches, and showing the grand slam form she had earlier this year in Australia. Li was superb yesterday against Azarenka and a similar performance should see her through. Weather forecast in for it to be windy today, which should surely cause Sharapova more problems on serve. I see this as a really close game, I'd have Li priced more like 2.20.
looks like you might be right, close game for sure