** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - The French Open

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - The French Open The mens open draw: On first look Murray is laughing! Even more so as Almagro is playing in Nice this week and Melzer has back troubles:

[1]Nadal v Isner
Giraldo v Andujar
Cuevas v Qualifier
Qualifier v [28]Davydenko
[24]Querrey v Kohlschreiber
Ljubicic v Devvarman
Tursunov v Malisse
Monaco v [16]Verdasco
[10]Fish v Mello
Gimeno-Traver v Haase
Chardy v Dimitrov
Russell v [18]Simon
[27]Baghdatis v Gil
Qualifier v Brown
Qualifier v Qualifier
Becker v [5]Soderling
-------------------
[4]Murray v Qualifier
Qualifier v Qualifier
Clement v Volandri
Berrer v [26]Raonic
[21]Dolgopolov v Schuettler
Haider-Maurer v Sweeting
Kamke v Rochus
Reister v [15]Troicki
[11]Almagro v Qualifier
Berlocq v Tomic
Starace v Qualifier
Kunitsyn v [20]Mayer
[32]Anderson v Mahut
Chela v Smyczek
Roger-Vasselin v Qualifier
Qualifier v [8]Melzer
-------------------
[7]Ferrer v Nieminen
Benneteau v Machado
Nishikori v Lu
Qualifier v [31]Stakhovsky
[22]Llodra v Qualifier
Petzschner v Zverev
Mannarino v Rufin
Qualifier v [9]Monfils
[14]Wawrinka v Qualifier
Qualifier v M.Gonzalez
Serra v Andreev
Hajek v [17]Tsonga
[29]Tipsarevic v Dabul
Dodig v Riba
Millot v Teixeira
Lopez v [3]Federer
-------------------
[6]Berdych v Qualifier
Fognini v Istomin
Haas v Qualifier
Kendrick v [30]Garcia-Lopez
[19]Cilic v Ramirez-Hidalgo
Hewitt v Montanes
Brands v Kukushkin
Soeda v [12]Youzhny
[13]Gasquet v Stepanek
Qualifier v Granollers
Gabashvili v Seppi
Golubev v [23]Bellucci
[25]Del Potro v Karlovic
Gulbis v Kavcic
Paire v Hanescu
De Bakker v [2]Djokovic

Re: Tennis - The French Open One early tournament bet for me ahead of what should be a cracking couple of weeks. Nicolas Almagro to reach last 16- 8/11 Sportingbet- (5/10) Not sure why Almugro is this high to reach the last 16 given he's coming off the back of winning over in Nice and the relatively appetising draw he's been give. He only needs to win 3 matches to get to this stage of the draw and his potential route to that point isn't too taxing for the Spaniard. He plays Kubot in his first round match, where he leads the H2H 3-0 against a Kubot who has struggled to make it past the qualifiers in recent weeks. After that I have him down to play Carlos Berlocq who should beat Tomic. Almagro beat Berlocq in three over in Nice, after losing the first in a tie break and I'd fancy him to do the same again over in Paris. If he gets past those two which he really should, it's likely to be Mayer or Starace, again both of which he leads the H2H comfortably. Mayer is having a really good season but Starace is a tricky guy to play on clay so would be interesting who comes out on top there. Regardless I'd still back Almagro to beat either player and I'd be suprised if he didn't make it into the second week in a tournament in which he has made the quarters in two of the past three years.

Re: Tennis - The French Open

One early tournament bet for me ahead of what should be a cracking couple of weeks. Nicolas Almagro to reach last 16- 8/11 Sportingbet- (5/10) Not sure why Almugro is this high to reach the last 16 given he's coming off the back of winning over in Nice and the relatively appetising draw he's been give. He only needs to win 3 matches to get to this stage of the draw and his potential route to that point isn't too taxing for the Spaniard. He plays Kubot in his first round match, where he leads the H2H 3-0 against a Kubot who has struggled to make it past the qualifiers in recent weeks. After that I have him down to play Carlos Berlocq who should beat Tomic. Almagro beat Berlocq in three over in Nice, after losing the first in a tie break and I'd fancy him to do the same again over in Paris. If he gets past those two which he really should, it's likely to be Mayer or Starace, again both of which he leads the H2H comfortably. Mayer is having a really good season but Starace is a tricky guy to play on clay so would be interesting who comes out on top there. Regardless I'd still back Almagro to beat either player and I'd be suprised if he didn't make it into the second week in a tournament in which he has made the quarters in two of the past three years.
I think that's a super tip Fishy... wonderful price really! he'll definately do it! do you know if any other firms are taking bets on this than sporting bet?

One early tournament bet for me ahead of what should be a cracking couple of weeks. Nicolas Almagro to reach last 16- 8/11 Sportingbet- (5/10) Not sure why Almugro is this high to reach the last 16 given he's coming off the back of winning over in Nice and the relatively appetising draw he's been give. He only needs to win 3 matches to get to this stage of the draw and his potential route to that point isn't too taxing for the Spaniard. He plays Kubot in his first round match, where he leads the H2H 3-0 against a Kubot who has struggled to make it past the qualifiers in recent weeks. After that I have him down to play Carlos Berlocq who should beat Tomic. Almagro beat Berlocq in three over in Nice, after losing the first in a tie break and I'd fancy him to do the same again over in Paris. If he gets past those two which he really should, it's likely to be Mayer or Starace, again both of which he leads the H2H comfortably. Mayer is having a really good season but Starace is a tricky guy to play on clay so would be interesting who comes out on top there. Regardless I'd still back Almagro to beat either player and I'd be suprised if he didn't make it into the second week in a tournament in which he has made the quarters in two of the past three years.
Super tip fishy25, possibly the bet of the tournament already in my opinion. Although, could you tell me if there are any other firms with similar price on same bet?

Re: Tennis - The French Open ALEKSANDRA WOZNIAK TO BEAT NAMIGATA 2-0 AT 8-13 PADDYPOWERS 2 POINTS. wozniak is very talented former top 30 player who has been very unlucky with injuries over the past year or so and truth be told hasn't played much tennis this year! But she comes into this french open in very good form after she came through three rounds of qualifying with relative ease! She won all her matches in straight sets comfortably pushing alongside the likes of woerle and jamie hampton who I believe to be superior opponents to her opponent in the first round namigata who has no pedigree on clay, has never come through qualifying for any slams before! wozniak is the type of player that tends to brush aside inferior players with ease ...she possibly struggles when she finds herself in a battle but ove4rall i think her temperment is farirly solid! she has good record at the french...last year she brushed aside benesova in straights before pushing dementieva all the way in a tight 3 setter! she moves well on the surface and is quite creative. I just think there's a class difference here and wozniak also comes into the tie in great form...and though the price is short , I'd be shocked if wozniak doesnt do it in straights!!

Re: Tennis - The French Open Marina erakovic to beat aranksa Rus at 4-5 boylesports! 2 points Erakovic seems to be back to the sort of form we saw from her in 2008 when she reached third round of wimbledon! she's on a hot winning streak as she is on the back of three consecutive challenger event wins (one on clay) and she raced through the qualifying rounds hammering some reasonable opponents like Nara and cetkovska (who herslef has had a mini-renaisance in form) She's got a pretty unique game, she's got quite a punchy forehand but it's certainly a weapon, she serves very well, likes to vary it...she can attack the net, plays a lot of back hand slices, drop shots and moves pretty well...and I think these are the type of qualities her opponent rus won't enjoy playing! rus is a solid player and definately a step up for erakovic but she's still fairly one-dimensional and robotic and i believe a super confident erakovic will have too many tricks up her sleeve for rus.

Super tip fishy25' date=' possibly the bet of the tournament already in my opinion. Although, could you tell me if there are any other firms with similar price on same bet?[/quote'] Not that I know of mate, just caught my eye whilst I was going through the sites earlier on.

This is a good tip and I agree with you BUT... Almagro is 2/17 to beat Kubot. When he last played Berlocq he was a shade over 1/5 and when he LOST to Mayer at Indian Wells he was 4/6. Combine those three prices in a treble and you have odds of 5/4. Obviously those odds may not be the same at the French Open but it's something to think about.

This is a good tip and I agree with you BUT... Almagro is 2/17 to beat Kubot. When he last played Berlocq he was a shade over 1/5 and when he LOST to Mayer at Indian Wells he was 4/6. Combine those three prices in a treble and you have odds of 5/4. Obviously those odds may not be the same at the French Open but it's something to think about.
Yep a valid point but if he coasts past his first two matches, you won't see him available at 4/6 against Mayer or Starace. Mayer beat him back in Miami which was on the hard courts. Almagro will be a much bigger favourite than that on clay against either one of those players. It's times like these you have to really take the surface into consideration.

Yep a valid point but if he coasts past his first two matches' date=' you won't see him available at 4/6 against Mayer or Starace. Mayer beat him back in Miami which was on the hard courts. Almagro will be a much bigger favourite than that on clay against either one of those players. It's times like these you have to really take the surface into consideration.[/quote'] And Almagro was just after an exhausting south American clay court season and was tired in miami! Anyway, on clay he's a different beast...adn though i have huge respect for Mayer's game... I would predict that almagro will be at least 1-2 if he plays mayer and at least 1-3 if it's starace!

Re: Tennis - The French Open Taken two in the first round for the women. Still waiting on prices for the men so I'll do those later on if I take any. Jelena Jankovic vs Alonda Bondarenko- Under 17.5 games- 10/11 Bet365- (4/10) Took the same bet last week when Jankovic played Rodionova where she just about covered the unders after recovering from a break down in the first set. She looked pretty average in parts in that match, skewing forehands high, wide and not so handsome. She then got beat by Arvidsson which may not be the worst thing in the world for the Serb as it just allows her a bit more practice time to work on the timing of her shots and to focus more on these next couple of weeks. Despite looking dodgy last week, her opponent here has only played one match in total this year, last week in Strasbourg where she was easily beaten in the first round by a qualifier ranked outside the top 100. Bondarenko only won 5 games there and I can't see her bettering that tally against Jankovic. 4 in the last 5 meetings between these two have been under this margin and given Bondarenko's injury concerns and lack of court time, don't see her winning more than 5 games tomorrow. Sybille Bammer vs Mona Barthel- Barthel to win- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10) Like the German qualifier here and she's at a good price, with most bookies pricing her a tad shorter than this. She's come through her 3 qualifying matches without dropping a set and has shown she can hit with some good players this year. She pushed Kuznetsova all the way back in Marbella, narrowly losing in 3 sets but she could have easily beaten the Russian on another day. Bammer has only played one match on clay this year, and hasn't played a competitive match since Miami where she lost to Elena Baltacha. She's a mother so doesn't play in too many of the WTA events these days and given her lack of court time, I'd fancy Barthel to win this one and make it 4 wins in a row in Paris.

Re: Tennis - The French Open And 3 for the men. Jan Hajek vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga- Tsonga-7.5 handicap- 10/11 Bet365- (4/10) Not the greatest admirer of Hajek when it comes to facing good quality opponents. Very rarely have we seen him trouble any player who is anywhere near the top 20 and although Tsonga isn't always the most reliable guy to take on the handicaps I'd fancy him to win one of the sets extremely comfortable which should see the handicap through. He'll have the crowd behind him in Paris tomorrow which will be a boost for him and he's already shown he can pull out the results this year, beating Almagro and running Soderling close in recent weeks. Riba withdrew from his match in Prague a few weeks back and hasn't played since so there isn't complete guarantees over his fitness. Tsonga creamed him 6-3 6-2 in Barcelona last year and I'd fancy him to repeat the result with similiar scores. David Ferrer vs Jarkko Nieminen- Over 30.5 games- 10/11 Bet365- (4/10) The Spaniard has had problems with the Finn over the years and his performances of late, especially against Dolgopolov haven't impressed me. In that match he was extremely stiff and slow from the start, making a ton of unforced errors and losing his serve very easily. Nieminen played some decent stuff over in Rome, beating Mannarino and Stakhovsky, and then taking Berdych to 3 sets. He beat Ferrer earlier on in the year in Rotterdam and took a set off him at the AO. Given Ferrer's recent performances, I'd fancy Jarkko to keep this tight for the majority and he could even perhaps pinch a set, if that happens then the overs will come in. Robert Kendrick vs Guillermo Garcia-Lopez- Lopez -7.5 handicap- 4/5 Bet365- (4/10) GGL is the one favourite I will take on the handicap. Saw Kendrick plays on clay against Devvarman a while back and the conditions really didn't suit his game and he struggled to trouble the Indian at any points during the match. He lost in the second round of a challenger the other week in the US whilst GGL has been playing in the main ATP events. Although he hasn't had exceptional results, he beat Wawrinka and De Bakker in Madrid, both of which are far more competant on the clay than Kendrick. On the clay courts, have to have GGL as a big favourite and the (7.5) handicap isn' too taxing for the Spaniard if he wins this in comfortable fashion.

Re: Tennis - The French Open Jan Hajek vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga Total games 1:st set under 8.5 2.37 bet365 Taking my chance with a bit bigger price on the first set going under 9 games. Nothing really says Tsonga will start by winning first set easy but I'll take the risk of Hajek keeping it close.

Jan Hajek vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga Total games 1:st set under 8.5 2.37 bet365 Taking my chance with a bit bigger price on the first set going under 9 games. Nothing really says Tsonga will start by winning first set easy but I'll take the risk of Hajek keeping it close.
Hajek even had two breakpoints when Tsonga served for first set so this was'nt close.

Taken two in the first round for the women. Still waiting on prices for the men so I'll do those later on if I take any. Jelena Jankovic vs Alonda Bondarenko- Under 17.5 games- 10/11 Bet365- (4/10)- WIN Sybille Bammer vs Mona Barthel- Barthel to win- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10)- WIN
Both comfortable wins for Jankovic and Barthel.

And 3 for the men. Jan Hajek vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga- Tsonga-7.5 handicap- 10/11 Bet365- (4/10)- WIN David Ferrer vs Jarkko Nieminen- Over 30.5 games- 10/11 Bet365- (4/10)- LOSS Robert Kendrick vs Guillermo Garcia-Lopez- Lopez -7.5 handicap- 4/5 Bet365- (4/10)- WIN
Tsonga easily did the job on the handicap whilst GGL just about covered it by saving a break point when serving for the match in the fourth set. Nieminen was the only loss for me, never looked like troubling Ferrer's serve unfortunately. 4/5 for me on the opening day then, giving me a start of +9.79. Hopefully build on this over the coming 2 weeks.

Re: Tennis - The French Open Berdych (-8 games) to bt Robert @1.962 Pinnacle OK, Berdy is constantly letting me down, but after all he defends a semi here. Robert is a French qualifier, playing mostly on challengers and he is best on faster surfaces. This year he did play 4 matches in the ATP main draw, won only one in Chennai 1st round against Haider-Mauerer. Last year on FO he lost in R1 against Tobias Kamke 06 46 36, and I would expect something similar tomorrow.

Tsonga easily did the job on the handicap whilst GGL just about covered it by saving a break point when serving for the match in the fourth set. Nieminen was the only loss for me, never looked like troubling Ferrer's serve unfortunately. 4/5 for me on the opening day then, giving me a start of +9.79. Hopefully build on this over the coming 2 weeks.
I followed you on Tsonga with big stake as single...

Juan Martin Del Potro v Ivo Karlovic Under 33.5 1.83 bet365 Andrey Golubev v Thomaz Bellucci Bellucci -6.5 1.90 bet365 Thiemo De Bakker v Novak Djokovic Under 8.5 games 1st set 2.00 bet365 Michael Llodra v Steve Darcis Llodra 3-0 2.62 bet365 Bjorn Phau v Gael Monfils Monfils?
Monfils 3-0 1.50 Fivefold 27.56 bet365 22€ Karlovic can't play on clay. He's so imobile that even a clayguy like Kubot can beat him. It's strange to see this total to be so high but it's ofcourse only the name of Karlovic that makes it higher. Delpo will win in straights and he would'nt be in Paris if the hip was'nt ok so I see an easy win for him. Can't see Bellucci fail to cover against Golubev. Honestly how did Golubev manage to win a claytitle last year? He has no chance against a clay specialist like Bellucci. In Hamburg where he won the title he beat Melzer in the final and Davydenko in the third round but we all know how Melzer is and Davy was on the way down then. Right now the form of Golubev is crap and has been a few months. Djokovic will beat De Bakker but under 27.5 games is only 1.40 and under 8.5 in first set is 2.00 and that's wrong. Darcis was good a few years ago but now he's mostly crap and the opposite for Llodra. I think Llodra held his own pretty well in Madrid when he played Nadal even if he could'nt stop Nadal from executing a few good shots to win breakpoints. But he's done good enough to win in straights against a guy like Darcis who was more to speak of long time ago. Darcis level last 3-4 years have been far from top 100. Monfils I know he's a clown but can't think of anything but straight sets win if the opponent is called Phau.

Re: Tennis - The French Open Onto tomorrow then. Women's prices aren't up yet but taken two on the men's side in the meantime. Considered the Hanescu handicap but something in my head just put me off it so I'll leave that one alone. Richard Gasquet vs Radek Stepanek- Gasquet-6.5 handicap- 5/6 Bet365- (5/10) I'll back the Frenchman to win this one with a bit to spare given the form he's in an having home advantage. Stepanek has been struggling with a leg injury since Munich where he retired and this is his first match back so there's no guarantees over his fitness. Before that, I saw a couple of his games and wasn't overly impressed. He was creamed by Raonic and Murray, whilst against Dustin Brown, he was seemingly cruising to a straight sets win but he let the crowd get on his back and very nearly choked his way to a defeat. Tomorrow the crowd will very much be in Gasquet's side which in my opinion plays a significant part in this meeting. Stepanek doesn't cope win the crowd against him particularly well, and as we see at Wimbledon with Murray, having the crowd behind you on a big stage like this is a massive boost. Gasquet held Nadal firm in the first set last week, and beat Berdych in the round previous to that giving him some decent form to take into this week. If he repeats that, he'll get his first win over Stepanek and he should do that fairly comfortably in my estimations. Janko Tipsarevic vs Brian Dabul- Tipsarevic-7.5 handicap- 4/5 Bet365- (4/10) Just see the Serb having too much quality to see Dabul off in this one. Dabul is mainly a challenger player and even in those he has struggled this year. The most alarming thing that hits me with the Argentinian is the amount of times he has retired of late. Three retirements in the past six events for Dabul just says to me that his preparation and fitness isn't completely there. In his last match he again retired and hasn't played since then so he will struggle to come to terms with Tipsarevic after a period out of the game. The Serb got to the quarters over in Belgrade a couple of weeks back and had some court time over in Dusseldorf last week where he won one of his two matches and ran Kohlschreiber close in the other. The quality should eventually prevail here and I'd be suprised if Tipsarevic, despite his erratic behaviour, didn't get this one done with some ease.

Re: Tennis - The French Open I took these bets a few hours ago so prices may have moved a little - site wasn't allowing me to post for some reason. A good start by some of the lads today, let's hope that continues. Mardy Fish v Ricardo Mello - Mardy Fish -5.5 games @ 1.909 with Pinnacle 6pts I like the look of Fish here. He probably won't go especially deep in Paris but he's got a nice R1 draw. Mello's not really done much in Europe and despite beating Isner on clay in Belgrade, he's not impressed greatly. Does his best work back home in South America and mainly in the Challengers. Fish should be a level too high for him. The American proved he can play on this surface with wins over Giraldo and Ljubicic in Rome. Appears to be moving well, his serve is functioning and he's got more variety than the Brazilian. He tonked Mello earlier this year 6-2 6-1 on a hard court and although that was on his more favoured surface, his game can still be effective on clay. The line isn't too high, and is certainly coverable for Fish. Julian Reister v Viktor Troicki - Viktor Troicki -6 games AH @ 1.99 with Pinnacle 5pts Reister may have done well at Roland Garros last year (R3 exit to Federer) but I don't give him much of a chance against Troicki. The big Serb has made rapid strides in the last 12 months and is a deserved top-20 player now. He's another who prefers quicker conditions but his showings in Dusseldorf last week and win over Davydenko in Rome suggest he's also improving on the red brick. Mentally he's a lot stronger and I trust him in clutch moments, plus his serve is a weapon that gets him out of trouble. Reister really hasn't kicked on like he would have wished. Did well in Munich a month ago but still struggles to make an impact at 250 level. The German might keep it tight for a set or two but once the game slips away from him, I can see Troicki covering the line in straightforward enough fashion. He's in decent form and should win comfortably here. Tomas Berdych v Stephane Robert - Under 30.5 games @ 1.87 with unibet 5pts This ought to be plain sailing for Berdych. The Czech made the semis here last year and enjoys the conditions. He showed pretty good form leading up to this event with a semi-final berth in Nice and is several notches above Robert on the ladder. The Frenchman came through the qualifiers so has a bit of momentum but I can't see him living with the Czech's serve or groundies. He's a limited challenger level player who hasn't really got any weapons. Pluck might keep a set close but the 30.5 games coveres even a 6-4 6-4 6-4 scoreline. Personally think Berdych will come out here cooking with gas, and should cover the line with a little to spare. Benoit Paire v Victor Hanescu - Under 35.5 games @ 1.87 with unibet 4pts I am a little suprised to see the line this high. Hanescu walloped the Frenchman 6-0 6-1 in Nice last week and got to the final of that event. He's rediscovered some of that form which took him into the top 30 and although he can be slightly "unreliable", I expect him to do the business. Paire is more of a hard court player and struggles with his movement on this surface. The only advantage I see him having is Hanescu's potential fatigue, but if that's the case I can see Paire winning this in under the line if the Romanian decides to tank. Don't think that'll happen though - Hanescu's in form and has the psychological advantage of thumping Paire only last week. Ivan Ljubicic v Somdev Devvarman - Ivan Ljubicic -6.5 games @ 2.03 with Pinnacle 3pts I think Ljubicic will like this match-up against the Indian. Devvarman's not a claycourter. Struggles to make tangible progress against decent players on this surface. Ljubicic is a former semi-finalist here and has a good game for Roland Garros as he likes the high bounce and time to line up his strokes. He'll hit through Devvarman, who is the classic counterpuncher. I don't think that works for him on the red brick because he doesn't get his movement right. He can be awfully bitty on serve as well, and considering Ljubicic doesn't concede too many cheap games on his own deliveries, I reckon the Indian is in for a tough time. :hope

Re: Tennis - The French Open Grigor Dimitrov @ 2.37 Juan Monaco @ 2.50 Mardy Fish 3-0 @ 2.37 Olivier Rochus 3-0 @ 3.25 Richard Gasquet 3-0 @ 2.37 Five-Folds, * 5,00 € I took this on saturday and the odds have gone down on Rochus and Gasquet and Monaco. Up a bit on Dimitrov and Fish. Dimitrov - I saw Chardy playing last week against Gicquel and he lost in first round in straight sets to Hewitt last year in Garros. Add to that all that I've seen of Chardy before and what I know about him as the errormachine he is. So I took Dimitrov. Monaco - No comments except he faces Verdasco and it's 6-2 h2h to Monaco and 4-1 on clay and we all know how Verdasco is or has been since last year except in US open and he likes hardcourt more while Monaco should have picked up enough confidence from Madrid and World team cup. Fish - No comments Rochus - Well it's Kamke and he is'nt the best claycourter while Rochus is more experienced and with his weak serve he needs to use his movements and that is what he's best at and moving is important on clay. Kamke lost heavily against Kavcic on clay twice in a row in april and Rochus did beat Kavcic and it's clay so it's hard to see Kamke taking a set off Rochus. Gasquet - No comments

Re: Tennis - The French Open Simone Bolelli v Frank Dancevic Dancevic 2.20 bet365 I'll take Frank here after looking how he got past the qualies against Lacko, Schwank, Crivoi. Schwank and Crivoi are both claycourters and Frank have served himself out of danger so far with his powerful serve. He's beaten Bolelli before in Auckland and looks set for another win. Bolelli lost his last match in qualify to Antonio Veic but got to main draw as lucky loser.

Re: Tennis - The French Open Alexandr Dolgopolov v Rainer Schuettler This match is not played on monday. Schuettler played challenger final in Cremona on hardcourt this sunday and have only played 2 matches on clay this year. He does'nt like clay and never will. In Houston he lost to Dimitrov 6-0 6-2 and in München to out-of-form Gabashvili in three. If even Gaba could beat him and Dimi crushed him I'm sure the dog will do it quickly. Schuettler is kind of old and played a final and fatigue is a factor to consider. Risk of retirement is big for Schuettler.

Sport Tennis
Event Marcos Baghdatis - Frederico Gil
Selection Marcos Baghdatis (-1.5) GH - (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 24/05/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.19
Reasoning Well, I know that Marcos Baghdatis is not the best claycourter as he can play a much better tennis on hard but anyway IMO there are just more qualities on his side which should create a difference on the court between him and Frederico Gil. There is not only about the difference in class between these two players as there is also about a not good form from Frederico Gil's side who since Monte-Carlo didn't showed and impressed with nothing special. So, besides the difference in class, at the moment Baghdatis form looks better than Frederico Gil's form. A Grand Slam it is always a huge motivation for every player and in normal way Baghdatis being a better player than his opponent as he purely possess better qualities, Marcos should pressure himself and rise his level in a essential way. All in all, Frederico Gil is a player who can play nice tennis on clay, but today he will play against a very difficult opponent and also besides that not being in a too great form recently, Baghdatis should rather have much better chances for this one. Good Luck!