** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - The French Open

Re: Tennis - The French Open

Federer was superb today, he may suprise people here in Paris. GGL can't comment on as I didn't see the match. Although needing 5 sets against Ilhan is a pretty poor show. Probably oppose him in the next round. -0.37 for me today then- nothing really. Leaves me on +15.41. Tomorrow as Atko said could me make/break day though.
You know I can comment on GGL and he made over 70 unforced errors although he made over 20 aces, Ilhan did'nt do anything better himself making over 80 unforced. Fognini, his opponent in third round made a solid effort exploiting Roberts fatigue easily and made no mistakes or unforced errors. I suspect that Fognini will knock out GGL since he is very good in rallies while GGL will be more tired and the fact is Fognini is a better claycourter while GGL does his best on quick surface. A few spaniards rather play on hard like Verdasco, F Lopez and also GGL.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - The French Open loved federer today aswell wow. his opponent was a bit reckless at times tho. very good day in all whoop few i did last night in the heat of the winning moment so hopefully not money wasted Yickmayer to beat morita 2-0 at 1.57 i like yickmayer most times shes pulled through for me so will keep with her. morita not very impressive in round 1 whereas yickmayer was immense. lumped on last night at like 1.4 so might aswell have more again at better odds king v baltcha to be three sets. did both to win 2-1 as was better at 4/1 cant see either winning in 2 sets and im sure baltcha will want to get a set at least now shes finally made it into round 2. neither are very good so should be scrappy match with a fair few mistakes and nerves a radwanska beat mirza 2-0 at 1.67 again radwanska comes through most times i choose her so will stick. mirza not the best the one time i saw her play and should be dominated by rad. will want to progress far in this tournament so will be playing hard and im sure she can get at least one or two breaks a set. petkovic v hradecka to be 2-1 either way. pet at 4/1 and hrad at 6/1 watched petkovic yesterday and she was lucky to win 2-0, not that im complaining! but she was bit sloppy and wasnt that good really so can see again a sloppy game but hopefully a long one. think its worth a punt and might do hradecka match win then lay if it goes 1-1 or even 0-1 sharapova v garcia 6-0 score in a set at 11/10 worth a shout seen as it came in in the first round. garcia may be like texeira today and sharapova is one to take advantage of it for sure. hopefully she wins outright in 10 days time :) dolgopolov v haider-murer 3-0 at 1.89 have to do dolgo again even tho haider had impressive sets results v sweeting first round. odds seem pretty appealing so will take it. was surprised dolgo had such good odds first round and i aint as confident now but worth a shot as he is clearly a very good player in the making with good solid serve game and very fit and improving every game. soderling beat ramos 3-0 at 1.5 again not as confident with robin but he should have too much for ramos. always liable to mess up a set but he should be thinking to get his game in order to progress as far as possible. as people say on here ranking points are on the line! fingers crossed but only small bit on this one melzer beat rusol 3-0 at 2.2 great odds i feel after rusol had marathon game first round. i dont really like melzer but hes worth a shot at these odds. only a lil stake but probably should come in if melzer is playing and serving well. but he probably wont! we will see see how tomorrow goes now ive actually written them on here....please no curses!

loved federer today aswell wow. his opponent was a bit reckless at times tho. very good day in all whoop few i did last night in the heat of the winning moment so hopefully not money wasted Yickmayer to beat morita 2-0 at 1.57 i like yickmayer most times shes pulled through for me so will keep with her. morita not very impressive in round 1 whereas yickmayer was immense. lumped on last night at like 1.4 so might aswell have more again at better odds king v baltcha to be three sets. did both to win 2-1 as was better at 4/1 cant see either winning in 2 sets and im sure baltcha will want to get a set at least now shes finally made it into round 2. neither are very good so should be scrappy match with a fair few mistakes and nerves a radwanska beat mirza 2-0 at 1.67 again radwanska comes through most times i choose her so will stick. mirza not the best the one time i saw her play and should be dominated by rad. will want to progress far in this tournament so will be playing hard and im sure she can get at least one or two breaks a set. petkovic v hradecka to be 2-1 either way. pet at 4/1 and hrad at 6/1 watched petkovic yesterday and she was lucky to win 2-0, not that im complaining! but she was bit sloppy and wasnt that good really so can see again a sloppy game but hopefully a long one. think its worth a punt and might do hradecka match win then lay if it goes 1-1 or even 0-1 sharapova v garcia 6-0 score in a set at 11/10 worth a shout seen as it came in in the first round. garcia may be like texeira today and sharapova is one to take advantage of it for sure. hopefully she wins outright in 10 days time :) dolgopolov v haider-murer 3-0 at 1.89 have to do dolgo again even tho haider had impressive sets results v sweeting first round. odds seem pretty appealing so will take it. was surprised dolgo had such good odds first round and i aint as confident now but worth a shot as he is clearly a very good player in the making with good solid serve game and very fit and improving every game. soderling beat ramos 3-0 at 1.5 again not as confident with robin but he should have too much for ramos. always liable to mess up a set but he should be thinking to get his game in order to progress as far as possible. as people say on here ranking points are on the line! fingers crossed but only small bit on this one melzer beat rusol 3-0 at 2.2 great odds i feel after rusol had marathon game first round. i dont really like melzer but hes worth a shot at these odds. only a lil stake but probably should come in if melzer is playing and serving well. but he probably wont! we will see see how tomorrow goes now ive actually written them on here....please no curses!
Garbage picks again..

Re: Tennis - The French Open you are a massive cock. is it not better to have varied opinions and different bets to help others make an informed decision? all you do is criticise and put others down. if you dont like or agree, dont talk, as what you say is never of much interest anyway.

you are a massive cock. is it not better to have varied opinions and different bets to help others make an informed decision? all you do is criticise and put others down. if you dont like or agree, dont talk, as what you say is never of much interest anyway.
What he says is not much of interest either and he writes garbage with bad attitude. He does'nt pay attention to what others think and he allways picks every mega fav he can find as if there's no other things to bet on.

Re: Tennis - The French Open yesterday +40 units, two days in Roland Garros: +100 units WTA picks for today Sport Tennis Event Kvitova - Zheng Selection Kvitova -8.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 26/05/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 4.50 Reasoning Kvitova in my opinion win in two fast sets. Kvitova is title pretender here, any doubts in this. Incredible strong return, powerfull hits from the baseline and tricky serve. In first round played against in-form good claycouter Greta Arn and destroy this girl 6-1, 6-2. Petra won 56% balls at the Greta serve, incredible. Zheng have worse serve than Arn for me, in first round give 11 break points for Sandra Zahlavova, but won 6-3, 6-4. Petra is minimum one class above Sandra and don't wast many break points. I see more than 5 broken serves here. 6-0, 6-2 or something ---- Event Garcia - Sharapova Selection Garcia +5.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 26/05/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.75 Reasoning In my opinion this is not easy match for Sharapova. Ok, Sharapova in first round beat in straight sets 6-3, 6-0 Lucic, but Lucic been awful, can't hold ball in court, unforced error after unforced error.. And made 3 games, interesting.. Garcia is 17 years old girl, from France, take wild card here. Big support from the crowd, play on the biggest stadium, big motivation, don't have nothing to lost. Have really good % of first serves and first serve is strong and consistend. I see many hold games for this girl. Sharapova can not full motivated and for example won 7-5, 6-3. I feel it!

Re: Tennis - The French Open 4 for me in the men's draw tomorrow, some already mentioned by Atko. If tomorrow goes to plan though, I'll be a happy bunny with what I've seen this week. Rafael Nadal vs Pablo Andujar- Under 26.5 games- 8/11 Bet365- (5/10) Similiar to Federer today actually in terms of rarely do I take many bets on Rafa but after coming through against Isner in an epic match by his standards, I'd fancy him to come out of the blocks firing and win this in very comfortable fashion. Nadal over the past couple of years has been known to struggle a touch against the big servers like Isner, but Andujar hasn't got that massive serve to get cheap points and Nadal will dominate this match in every department. Andujar has been hammered by Almagro and Bellucci in the past few weeks and despite his win over in Casablanca, he's struggled for consistency formwise. Just fancy Nadal to be really up for this one and show the crowd why he is the king of clay and can't really see Andujar holding him at bay for too long in this one so unders for me. Antonio Veic vs Nicolay Davydenko- Under 32.5 games- 8/11 Bet365- (5/10) Gone for unders here instead on the handicap purely on price and I can't see Davydenko not being solid enough here to pick his Croatian opponent off. As Atko mentioned, a 3rd round place for the Russian gives him some handy points in the rankings and he should be too crafty with his shot selections for Veic to cope with. Veic's fatigue must be starting to creep in. Already 4 matches here, none of them short matches in the slightest and with the amount of running he will have to do here, it's doubtful over how long he will be able to cope with Davydenko. Perhaps a tight first set, but after that Davydenko I'd fancy to come through strongly and win this comfortably so like Nadal, I'll back the Russian to cover the unders. Tobias Kamke vs Viktor Troicki- Troicki -7.5 handicap- 4/5 Bet365- (5/10) Will trust Troicki with the handicap here though and he's another guy who should be too strong for his opponent. He beat Reister solidly in the last round, with his serve most impressive and if he plays like he did there, hard to see Kamke matching him. The Serb got a couple of good wins last week over Granollers and Youzhny and he's improved his game in leaps and bounds to sit where he does now in the top 20 in the world. He'll want to maintain that and try to better his third round performance last year. Kamke is quite an erratic player whenever I see him. Can play some good stuff but often just loses focus and sometimes boils over when things aren't going his way. If Troicki serves like he can, fair chance the German will become frustrated and that's where the errors will come from. He's lost to challenger players over the past few weeks and this is a massive step up for him, one which should be way too big for him and the handicap for the Serb looks within reach so I'l take him to win with some to spare. Lukas Rosol vs Jurgen Melzer- Under 32.5 games- 4/5 Bet365- (4/10) Can't believe I'm taking the unders in a Melzer game but from the first round, I saw enough about him to believe his injury that he was carrying has healed and he can take care of the lesser opponents in the early rounds. That's what he did in round one against Beck and hopefully he'll do the same before most probably providing the crowd with some entertaining 5 set matches like he always seems to do. He should have far too much for Rosol though, a guy who narrowly got through Roger-Vasselin in round one, and has played 3 qualifiers before then so again fatigue could creep into his game. When he's played higher ranked opponents this year, ala Sweeting and Simon, he has been comfortably beaten and if Melzer wants to, he can win this in 3 so let's hope he does, whilst doing it in fairly quickish time as well.

Re: Tennis - The French Open and ATP picks.. Sport Tennis Event Soderling - Ramos Selection Soderling -11.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 26/05/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 4.00 Reasoning In this match I see really easy win for Robin. Soderling in first round played against strong and gifted Harrison and won after 4 sets, with 9 games margin. Take court practise and faster condidions are good for Soda. Soderling defending final here from last year and don't want wast too many time and energy on the court. Ramos is after three matches in Q and after 5 long sets against Marti in first round, in this match concended 8 serve games, too bad for Soderling return. Minimum 2 broken serves per set are really propably. Soderling 6-1, 6-2, 6-0 ----- Sport Tennis Event Nadal - Andujar Selection Nadal -12.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 26/05/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.25 Reasoning For me Nadal in one hour and half. Nadal after fantastic and close match against one of the stronger server in tour John Isner. Nadal played on great level. In my opinion today keep this level and destroy Andujar from Spain. Andujar give many break points in first round for out of form Giraldo, against Rafa this serve be broken many times per set, really. I feel destroy, I feel one set 6-0 here. Rafa on the highest level. ------- Sport Tennis Event Davydenko - Veic Selection Denko -9.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 26/05/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.20 Reasoning I see 3-0 for Denko, really easy 3-0. Nikolay in last time been better than in start of the season, won tournament in Munich, here beat in first round 3:0 Gremelmayr(with 9 games margin) and make mental break. Denko is really motivated to make more points for the ranking and want play against Nadal in next round(have positive h2h), Veic is not good player, out of TOP200, lucky in Q and in first round beat injured Cuevas, who retired in 4 set. Veic is not good claycouter and don't have the best serve on the world, but Denko have one of the best return in tour.. I see many breaks. 6:2, 6:3, 6:2 ------- Sport Tennis Event HaiderMaurer - Dolgopolov Selection HaiderMaurer +7 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 26/05/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.45 Reasoning In my opinion this line is really too high for this match, Haider Maurer is really strong big server. Haider Maurer in first round played against TOP100 Ryan Sweeting from USA and destroy this guy with 12 games margin. Made 22 aces in this match and not concended a single serve games, remember about this numbers.. Dolgopolov won in straight sets against Schuettler, but Rainer is too old and looked tired(final of the Challenger in Sunday) in this match. Rainer can't play against young and gifted Dolgo on the same level. Haider Maurer can. I see really close match here, 5 setter maybe!

Sport Tennis Event HaiderMaurer - Dolgopolov Selection HaiderMaurer +7 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 26/05/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.45 Reasoning In my opinion this line is really too high for this match, Haider Maurer is really strong big server. Haider Maurer in first round played against TOP100 Ryan Sweeting from USA and destroy this guy with 12 games margin. Made 22 aces in this match and not concended a single serve games, remember about this numbers.. Dolgopolov won in straight sets against Schuettler, but Rainer is too old and looked tired(final of the Challenger in Sunday) in this match. Rainer can't play against young and gifted Dolgo on the same level. Haider Maurer can. I see really close match here, 5 setter maybe!
Tempted by this as well. The one thing about Dolgopolov at this point in time is his inconsistency. He can play brilliant tennis one moment and then in the blink of an eye he turns into a shambles. I still think he'll win, but it should be close if Haider Maurer has his serve working.

Re: Tennis - The French Open Surprised to see so much support for Davy/ Troicki on the handicaps. Davy has been inconsistent at best this year, and i just can't see him making easy work of it knowing nadal is next. Troicki is poor on the red stuff and his performances on it this season would not inspire me with much confidence.

Re: Tennis - The French Open Lukas Rosol vs Jurgen Melzer- Under 32.5 games- 4/5 Bet365- (4/10) Can't believe I'm taking the unders in a Melzer game but from the first round, I saw enough about him to believe his injury that he was carrying has healed and he can take care of the lesser opponents in the early rounds. That's what he did in round one against Beck and hopefully he'll do the same before most probably providing the crowd with some entertaining 5 set matches like he always seems to do. He should have far too much for Rosol though, a guy who narrowly got through Roger-Vasselin in round one, and has played 3 qualifiers before then so again fatigue could creep into his game. When he's played higher ranked opponents this year, ala Sweeting and Simon, he has been comfortably beaten and if Melzer wants to, he can win this in 3 so let's hope he does, whilst doing it in fairly quickish time as well. fishy i would be cautious about rosol... had watched him and i have to opose your bet... i can see him taking a set at least... ... 32 games isnt the best pick in my opinion.... 35,5 would be a better bet.... no disrespect, i have been reading your posts for a long time... i just felt compelled to state my opinion... its us against the bookies right? if a punter takes bookies money, we all win :cheers

Re: Tennis - The French Open Hi guys, 2 more picks for the French Open: ATP: NADAL-9.5 GAMES HANDICAP TO DEFEAT ANDUJAR @ 1.61 on betfair WTA: JANKOVIC TO DEFEAT MATTEK @ 1.27 on pinnaclesports No real weapons for Andujar to enable him to win a lot of games against Nadal. Jankovic is in such a good form. Mattek is a great attacking player with one of the best backhands but clay is not her surface.

Kavcic (CRO) vs Del Potro (ARG): Over 29.5 games @2,100 Pinnacle LOSS Kukushkin (KAZ) vs Youzhnyi (RUS): Kukushkin @3,480 Pinnacle LOSS
Well, the favs just rolled yesterday. Today I have nothing that has not already been written elsewhere.

yesterday +40 units, two days in Roland Garros: +100 units WTA picks for today Sport Tennis Event Kvitova - Zheng Selection Kvitova -8.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 26/05/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 4.50 Reasoning Kvitova in my opinion win in two fast sets. Kvitova is title pretender here, any doubts in this. Incredible strong return, powerfull hits from the baseline and tricky serve. In first round played against in-form good claycouter Greta Arn and destroy this girl 6-1, 6-2. Petra won 56% balls at the Greta serve, incredible. Zheng have worse serve than Arn for me, in first round give 11 break points for Sandra Zahlavova, but won 6-3, 6-4. Petra is minimum one class above Sandra and don't wast many break points. I see more than 5 broken serves here. 6-0, 6-2 or something ---- Event Garcia - Sharapova Selection Garcia +5.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 26/05/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.75 Reasoning In my opinion this is not easy match for Sharapova. Ok, Sharapova in first round beat in straight sets 6-3, 6-0 Lucic, but Lucic been awful, can't hold ball in court, unforced error after unforced error.. And made 3 games, interesting.. Garcia is 17 years old girl, from France, take wild card here. Big support from the crowd, play on the biggest stadium, big motivation, don't have nothing to lost. Have really good % of first serves and first serve is strong and consistend. I see many hold games for this girl. Sharapova can not full motivated and for example won 7-5, 6-3. I feel it!
Hey, thanks for your recent tips, you're doing an awesome job here. Price on Garcia + 5.5 just went up to 4.5, any reason for that? Thanks again.

Sport Tennis
Event Rafa vs. Andujar
Selection under 24.5
Strength 10/10
Date 26/05/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.87
Reasoning Well, the first game for Rafael Nadal has been a really tough one as he was down 1-2 at sets and has played five sets in the end against the american John Isner. Now, Rafa will play against another type of player who is playing a different style of tennis. Pablo Andujar is a good clay-courter who possess exactly those qualities for having success on this surface, but when you're going to play against such a great defender like Rafa all you have to do for having some more real chances is to be as much as aggressive possible. Andujar do not possess a huje serve or any other shot, so he won't have the same clear and so visible advantages like John Isner had. I remember very well one game between Rafa and Verdasco, a game where Fernando did played such a great tennis without any doubts but, at the end the fianl result:) was 6-0 6-1. All in all, Andujar is a good clay-courter, but the amazing stability from the defence from Rafa should be just much too much for him today. Good Luck!

Which bookmaker gives you that good odds? e.g. I have Radwanska 2-0 only @1' date='35.:([/quote'] Hi i use betfair mostly but sometimes u get the odds for few quid then have to check back etc a few times to wait for them to be available. Its a bit lucky really but sometimes ive lumped on then seen much higher odds so works both ways

Sport Tennis
Event Simon vs. Chardy
Selection Simon (-7.5) GH (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 26/05/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 2.87
Reasoning Well, here comes a game between two frenchmans. Both players have started well this Grand Slam but if we look a litter bit more attentive to their overral results we could observe that Jeremy Chardy didn't had a good season so far. Jeremy Chardy has been unstable in 2011, much more unstable if to compare him with Gilles Simo. If we look at the difference in class between these two players we could see that Simon is just two classes over Jeremy Chardy's level. Chardy possess a strong serve and forehand, there are no doubts that he can hit some very nice winners but, if the serve and the accuracy of his forehand do not makes the effect he is always in clear trouble. Gilles Simon is a great defender and I'm sure that he knows so well what he has to do on the court against a player like Jeremy Chardy. Simon's defence is so much better than Jeremy Chardy's attack, this will goign to be the key in this game. Very nice value!Good Luck!

Re: Tennis - The French Open Another scratchy day, couple of good wins but also losses. On to tomorrow. Having a piece of Jo-Wilfried Tsonga at 1.90 with Stans against Stanislas Wawrinka. Tsonga has impressed this week. Good serving, lots of power off the deck and he's attacking the net with gusto. Wawrinka came back to the boil with a good win over Schoorel, and will put up a stern test, but I fancy Tsonga to do this. There are a couple of factors that sway me. Tsonga's serving bullets at the moment. He's a tough man to break, and holds firm in crunch moments. He's also going to have the backing of a partisan crowd. Often that spooks French players but Tsonga looked like he was genuinely feeding off that against Andreev. Most importantly, however, he's had the measure of Wawrinka in their previous meetings. He beat him last week in a warm-up event and also beat him back in 2007 in Metz on carpet. Wawrinka's best surface is clay, but he's not playing consistently well at the moment. He's got the talent to hurt Tsonga on his day but he does seem a little out of tune. He's more likely to go missing on serve at key moments. Wawrinka can get awfully defensive in tense situations and that's dangerous considering the power Tsonga possesses and the way the courts and balls are playing. The quicker conditions suit Tsonga, and I'd make him a shorter price than 1.90. I also rate Steve Darcis higher than the +6 handicap that has been given to him by Pinnacle at 1.909. This match could be a lot closer than the bookies are suggesting. I expect a +5 line, so first of all, for me this represents value. Darcis has been playing incredibly well at this event. Good results in the qualifiers and then some nice wins over Petzschner and Llodra are good prep ahead of playing Monfils. The Belgian has really dropped off the tennis map since a good 2009 but his talent is unquestionable. I don't expect him to freeze against someone like Monfils; I actually think this is a good match-up for him. Monfils, as is his wont, has been dreadfully erratic. A little like Murray, his mind can go missing for large spells of sets and that allows weaker players to get close to him. Dropped sets against Phau and Rufin merely emphasise this. Darcis has been serving well and attacking opponents, and because Monfils tends to push the ball around rather than force the issue, the match should play into the Belgian's hands. I don't expect him to beat Monfils, simply because he probably will make too many errors, but he has a chance. Monfils hasn't brought his best game to the table in some time and does post odd results at Roland Garros, Fognini last year being a good example. They've met once before, last year indoors in Montpellier, and it was close at 6-4 6-4 to Monfils. This ought to be a tough test of Monfils' credentials and I'm not convinced he'll pass it with flying colours. Finally, I'm also on Novak Djokovic -6.5 at 1.943. Plenty of people are billing this up as the match where Djokovic will fall. I can't see it, I just can't. Del Potro's level simply isn't high enough yet. He may have beaten Kavcic in straight sets but his performance was average. He's not hitting winners consistently enough to beat someone like Djokovic, and his serve is still a little vulnerable against the top players. He said himself that he won't be 100% until the autumn and that's a good enough reason in itself not to back him here. Djokovic is playing outstanding tennis. He's got all the shots and is supremely confident. He's got a fine record over Del Potro, leading the H2H 3-0 and has yet to drop a set in those matches. He's just at too high a level on any surface for the Argentine at present, and I think he'll probablt tie this up in three sets. The line does allow for four sets, but I think the Serb will take this in a more straightforward fashion than people envisage. Considering backing Thomaz Bellucci at odds of more than 2.43 and then laying them in play if the chance arises. Can see it as a very close match indeed, one he's capable of nicking. Richard Gasquet's in good form but is renowned when it comes to choking. Anyone else got any thoughts on this one?

loved federer today aswell wow. his opponent was a bit reckless at times tho. very good day in all whoop few i did last night in the heat of the winning moment so hopefully not money wasted Yickmayer to beat morita 2-0 at 1.57 i like yickmayer most times shes pulled through for me so will keep with her. morita not very impressive in round 1 whereas yickmayer was immense. lumped on last night at like 1.4 so might aswell have more again at better odds king v baltcha to be three sets. did both to win 2-1 as was better at 4/1 cant see either winning in 2 sets and im sure baltcha will want to get a set at least now shes finally made it into round 2. neither are very good so should be scrappy match with a fair few mistakes and nerves a radwanska beat mirza 2-0 at 1.67 again radwanska comes through most times i choose her so will stick. mirza not the best the one time i saw her play and should be dominated by rad. will want to progress far in this tournament so will be playing hard and im sure she can get at least one or two breaks a set. petkovic v hradecka to be 2-1 either way. pet at 4/1 and hrad at 6/1 watched petkovic yesterday and she was lucky to win 2-0, not that im complaining! but she was bit sloppy and wasnt that good really so can see again a sloppy game but hopefully a long one. think its worth a punt and might do hradecka match win then lay if it goes 1-1 or even 0-1 sharapova v garcia 6-0 score in a set at 11/10 worth a shout seen as it came in in the first round. garcia may be like texeira today and sharapova is one to take advantage of it for sure. hopefully she wins outright in 10 days time :) dolgopolov v haider-murer 3-0 at 1.89 have to do dolgo again even tho haider had impressive sets results v sweeting first round. odds seem pretty appealing so will take it. was surprised dolgo had such good odds first round and i aint as confident now but worth a shot as he is clearly a very good player in the making with good solid serve game and very fit and improving every game. soderling beat ramos 3-0 at 1.5 again not as confident with robin but he should have too much for ramos. always liable to mess up a set but he should be thinking to get his game in order to progress as far as possible. as people say on here ranking points are on the line! fingers crossed but only small bit on this one melzer beat rusol 3-0 at 2.2 great odds i feel after rusol had marathon game first round. i dont really like melzer but hes worth a shot at these odds. only a lil stake but probably should come in if melzer is playing and serving well. but he probably wont! we will see see how tomorrow goes now ive actually written them on here....please no curses!
Some good shouts there man.:clap Apart from Melzer, didn't think he would struggle today against a challenger player.

Some good shouts there man.:clap Apart from Melzer, didn't think he would struggle today against a challenger player.
Echo those sentiments. Especially after being shot down by another poster. Takes a bit of kahoonas to go for it after that. Bet that Sharapova bagel was sweet as a nut ;)

Re: Tennis - The French Open Haha cheers guys! Pretty wicked day like so very happy Know i dont go for interesting bets but its whats available on betfair and what i feel i know about Fingers crossed for more tomorrow But ive put bit more on azarenka to win as she looked immense today wow. Talking about her tennis not them legs!

Haha cheers guys! Pretty wicked day like so very happy Know i dont go for interesting bets but its whats available on betfair and what i feel i know about Fingers crossed for more tomorrow But ive put bit more on azarenka to win as she looked immense today wow. Talking about her tennis not them legs!
What about your picks for tomorrow? :)

Re: Tennis - The French Open Accumulator with Victor Chandler Federer to beat Tipsarevic He's never lost to tipsarevic before and looked really convincing today. Ferrer to beat stakhovsky Similar thoughts to the above and also ferrer is clay court specialist. Hasn't got past the 3round since 2008 but a much kinder draw this time year. Monfils to beat Darcis darcis has been playing well and has some good form coming into this game. However, monfils should have the quality to see off the qualifiers challenge. Djokovic to beat Del Potro Can't look past Djokovic to win the whole tournament and del potro is only just coming back to form. Tsonga to beat Wawrinka Tsonga wasnt great first game but looked better 2nd round coming through in straight sets. Wawrinka is a tough opponent but recent form is poor lkosing to brown and garcia lopez in the last month. Nadal to beat Veic Nadal is nadal and veic had a tough 5 setter against davydenko today Stosur to beat Dulko Stosur has never lost to Dulko and has been very convincing in the first two rounds All in one bet. 2.95/1 Medium stakes Any opinions? I know a lot of people dont like big bets like this but i fancied a fling :) Think i might add wozniaki to beat hantuchova. with this results in 3.8/1

Accumulator with Victor Chandler Federer to beat Tipsarevic He's never lost to tipsarevic before and looked really convincing today. Ferrer to beat stakhovsky Similar thoughts to the above and also ferrer is clay court specialist. Hasn't got past the 3round since 2008 but a much kinder draw this time year. Monfils to beat Darcis darcis has been playing well and has some good form coming into this game. However, monfils should have the quality to see off the qualifiers challenge. Djokovic to beat Del Potro Can't look past Djokovic to win the whole tournament and del potro is only just coming back to form. Tsonga to beat Wawrinka Tsonga wasnt great first game but looked better 2nd round coming through in straight sets. Wawrinka is a tough opponent but recent form is poor lkosing to brown and garcia lopez in the last month. Nadal to beat Veic Nadal is nadal and veic had a tough 5 setter against davydenko today Stosur to beat Dulko Stosur has never lost to Dulko and has been very convincing in the first two rounds All in one bet. 2.95/1 Medium stakes Any opinions? I know a lot of people dont like big bets like this but i fancied a fling :) Think i might add wozniaki to beat hantuchova. with this results in 3.8/1
id agree with all those really except for monfils who i dont trust with a penny now. darcis has had good results too i think. also bit dodgy on tsonga as he can be amazing but then can be pretty poor. i feel he should be too strong for wawrinka over maybe 4 sets tho and he is hitting a sweet ball from what i saw. good luck

Considering backing Thomaz Bellucci at odds of more than 2.43 and then laying them in play if the chance arises. Can see it as a very close match indeed, one he's capable of nicking. Richard Gasquet's in good form but is renowned when it comes to choking. Anyone else got any thoughts on this one?
Gasquet hasn't impressed me so far too while Belucci is doing a decent job. I don't see Belucci as favourite but maybe is the + handicap an option? What do you think Atko of Fognini against Garcia-Lopez? I think Fognini will win here. He had two good fast wins so far and his opponent had to play 5 sets, and a long 5th set against Ilhan.

BobNL, I also think Fognini will get the win too. GGL is better on grass or on a hard court, and will be tired after the Ilhan match. The odds are short though: too short for me. Fabio is a total headcase, and it doesn't take much for his game to unravel. I'd want a better reward for my cash when backing him against a higher ranked player. Wouldn't put cash down on the handicap either. He is always liable to put in a bad set. In short, would make him the favourite, but would want a better price.