** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - The French Open

Re: Tennis - The French Open

Juan-Ignacio Chela v Tim Smyczek Looking good for Chela. He won all his matches on clay in World team cup last week in straights and before that won against Simon in rome then losing to Flo Mayer. He's gonna roll here, no doubt. Should be a formality. Good warm up going in to second round where he will face a probably harder test in Kevin Andersson. Smyczek has one futures title on clay and that's the only title he has on any surface. He has a huge lack of experience on clay. The opponents of the futures tournament on clay he won is shown below. U.S.A. F10, Orange Park, FL, USA; 08.05.2006; FU; Outdoor: Clay; Draw: 32 R32 Jose (Rubin) Statham (NZL) rank 669 W 7-5, 4-6, 6-3 R16 Horia Tecau (ROU) rank 428 W 6-0, 4-6, 6-4 Q Michael Shabaz (USA) rank 1,050 W 3-6, 6-4, 7-6(4) S David Navarrete (VEN) rank 659 W 6-3, 7-5 F Nikita Kryvonos (USA) rank 597 W 3-6, 6-3, 6-2
Under 8.5 games first set 2.37 bet365

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - The French Open Well I took one ages ago and was waiting for the markets to become available on a few others but Bet365 are being lazy again and I can't be arsed to stay up for them so will have a look in the morning. Anyways just the one so far. Alexandr Dolgopolov vs Rainer Schuettler- Dolgoplolov- 7.5 handicap- 8/11 Bet365- (5/10) Price dropped almost immediately on this one and is too short now but I don't see the German journeyman keeping up with Dolgopolov in this one. Schuettler has only played 3 matches on clay in 2 years. 2, this year, which he has both lost and the other a straight sets defeat in Paris last year in round one. These days he struggles to make the first round of any ATP events and focuses more on the challengers. On clay, he got hammered by Dimitrov 6-0 6-2 over in Houston and Dolgopolov is a far more accomplished player than him. He beat Ferrer last week over in Nice, where he picked up a few wins to restore some form which he has been lacking in over the past month or so. We saw at the Australian Open how dangerous he can be in the big situations and with his power, speed and quality of groundstrokes, I fail to see him winning this in routine fashion. In their last meeting last year, Dolgopolov won 6-4 6-2, and on clay I'd expect him to cause Schuettler far more problems and win this one with plenty to spare in games, and in the tank for the next round.

Well I took one ages ago and was waiting for the markets to become available on a few others but Bet365 are being lazy again and I can't be arsed to stay up for them so will have a look in the morning. Anyways just the one so far. Alexandr Dolgopolov vs Rainer Schuettler- Dolgoplolov- 7.5 handicap- 8/11 Bet365- (5/10) Price dropped almost immediately on this one and is too short now but I don't see the German journeyman keeping up with Dolgopolov in this one. Schuettler has only played 3 matches on clay in 2 years. 2, this year, which he has both lost and the other a straight sets defeat in Paris last year in round one. These days he struggles to make the first round of any ATP events and focuses more on the challengers. On clay, he got hammered by Dimitrov 6-0 6-2 over in Houston and Dolgopolov is a far more accomplished player than him. He beat Ferrer last week over in Nice, where he picked up a few wins to restore some form which he has been lacking in over the past month or so. We saw at the Australian Open how dangerous he can be in the big situations and with his power, speed and quality of groundstrokes, I fail to see him winning this in routine fashion. In their last meeting last year, Dolgopolov won 6-4 6-2, and on clay I'd expect him to cause Schuettler far more problems and win this one with plenty to spare in games, and in the tank for the next round.
See you tomorrow then but why not go for under 30.5 games instead on bet365 which is better priced 1.83 or 5/6.

Well you said "You guys" but that's just one guy and a Junior Punter to so don't bother about him. I've told him that his accumulators consisting of huge favs will always be ruined by some player. Yesterday it was Berdych and tomorrow it might be Murray. He has not even checked who Prodon is and based on that he took Murray 3-0.
Bit disrespectful that, is it not? I always like to hear everyone's opinions on any aspect of any bet. Yes, I'm more likely to trust the opinion of a consistently proven tipster but the more people that post any information the better as it helps weigh up the pros and cons of a bet. FWIW, I think Murray will come through in three sets but I think there are a lot better 1/5 shot around tomorrow. What do people think of Dolgopolov beating Schuettler at 1/8 with coral. Obviously there are plenty of people siding with the Ukrainian. Is there any way that Schuettler can beat him? Coral are one of the few that pay out on retirements as wins, so even if Schuettler does quit, the bet is a winner. I'm not a fan of short odds betting but this seems like a bankroll job.

Re: Tennis - The French Open Sport Tennis Event Prodon - Murray Selection Prodon +8.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 24/05/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.20 Reasoning In my opinion Eric can fight here. I don't want say too many about Andy Murray - TOP5 player, who is too good for out of TOP10 and too bad for TOP3, always in Grand Slam. Clay surface is the worst Andy surface. Off course won this match, propably in three, but I see problems. Prodon make big progress in this season, in 12 months go up over 150 position, in this moment is TOP100 player. Won Q here, serving on the really high level and play at home. Big support from the crowd. ---------- Sport Tennis Event Kubot - Almagro Selection Kubot +5.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 24/05/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.50 Reasoning I see good chances for Kubot here. Lukasz played three times agaisnt Almagro, lost all matches, but all matches been closed(one time took set), two matches on clay surface and one on grass. Lukasz is very good claycouter, in last season been TOP50, play good agressive tennis. Won Q here and have good court practise. Almargro can be tired, in last weekend won tournament in Nice. Nicolas is not destroyer for me, sometimes have big problems against lower ranked players.. For me Kubot take set here and lost with 3-4 games margin! ----------- Sport Tennis Event Isner - Nadal Selection Isner +7.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 24/05/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.75 Reasoning For me Isner is be able to play close three sets against Rafa today. In this year Roland Garros is faster than previous seasons, no doubts in this. New balls(from US Open) and player making many winners from the serve. This match can be similar like Karlovic/Del Potro yesterday in my opinion. Isner have propably TOP5 serve on the world, in last season here in one match made 38 aces, against Chiudinelli.. In 2010 played against Rafa on clay in Madrid and lost 4-6, 5-7 only. For me close match 7-6, 6-3, 6-3 for Rafa --------- Sport Tennis Event Dimitrov - Chardy Selection Dimitrov -3.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 24/05/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.20 Reasoning For mi Grigor can win this match in three sets, really. Grigor residence is in Paris, this boy practising in this courts many times, feel like in home, many friends in crowd and nice motivation to play the best tennis. Dimitrov is TOP20 material, any doubts in this, this is perfect moment to show not average skills for the world. Chardy in last months is really poor, losing against everyone, this is poor mentall player, play at home, but this is problem for this guy, not advantage.. Too much pression on this boy. Dimitrov have better form in last month and more stable serve, for me 3-0 for Grigor, look at this! ------------ Sport Tennis Event Li - Zahlavova Strycova Selection Li -8.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 24/05/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 4.50 Reasoning In my opinion Li can not lost a single game here, maybe this is crazy opinion, but I feel it. Li in this season played in Grand Slam against Zahlavova Strycova, Australian Open - and won 6-1, 6-2. Today play at clay surface, the worst ZS surface. Li in this month show really hot skills on clay.. Li don't want lost too many power and too many time in this match, this is first round, target is QF or something.. In first Grand Slam of the year Na made Final. Sandra lost 5 matches in a row in French Open. 6-0, 6-0 ----------- Sport Tennis Event Gajdosova - Razzano Selection Gajdosova -6.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 24/05/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.50 Reasoning In my opinion Jarka can do it, can destroy Vrigine in two fast sets. I play it. Gajdosova in last here made fourth round, but been worse player than this moment, today have more experience and is better player on clay surface. Huge motivation to defend many points and show better performanc than previous season. In last weeeks show nice form. Only one plus for Razzano before this game - play at home, but in other stats is worse than Groth - in last weeks played awful, in last year lost in two sets here. For me Jarka hold all serve games and won 6-1, 6-4 ----------- Sport Tennis Event Ivanovic - Larsson Selection Ivanovic -7.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 24/05/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.75 Reasoning In my opinion Ana can won this match without any problems, I believe it. In last season played against Larsson on the Johanna surface - Indoor Hard and destroy this girl 6-0, 6-3. Why not today, on clay? I don't know reasons ;) Ana always play very good on Roland Garros, have incredible memories here, Final in 2007, title in 2008. Go here with strong motivation.. Lost first round at Australian Open, time to break, Larsson in last year lost here against tall Amanmuradova in second round, always don't feel really strong at the clay surface. 6-1, 6-2 ------------ Sport Tennis Event Sharapova - Lucic Selection Sharapova -8.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 24/05/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.75 Reasoning Sharapova in my opinion in two really fast sets, under one hour. Sharapova is in the best form, looked really strong and confident, in my opinion thinking about title here and player like Lucic must trashed. Two weeks ago Sharapova won first clay tournament in career, beat Stosur 2-0 in Final at Rome courts. Sharapova return been incredible. Lucic is nothing special, not too hard to break, not great from the baseline, without powerfull shots, don't have weapons to fight against Sharapova in my opinion. In this moment is out of TOP100.. 2 class less than Maria. 6-1, 6-1

Bit disrespectful that' date=' is it not? [b']I always like to hear everyone's opinions on any aspect of any bet. Yes, I'm more likely to trust the opinion of a consistently proven tipster but the more people that post any information the better as it helps weigh up the pros and cons of a bet. FWIW, I think Murray will come through in three sets but I think there are a lot better 1/5 shot around tomorrow. What do people think of Dolgopolov beating Schuettler at 1/8 with coral. Obviously there are plenty of people siding with the Ukrainian. Is there any way that Schuettler can beat him? Coral are one of the few that pay out on retirements as wins, so even if Schuettler does quit, the bet is a winner. I'm not a fan of short odds betting but this seems like a bankroll job.
Problem is that based on his post I get the feeling he is very insecure in betting and has a lack of knowledge when it comes to tennis so until he is more secure we should not bother about his opinions as serious betting info. It's better for him to read what others write here. Being a junior punter means often a desperate punter picking all the mega favourites around thinking it's a banker without even checking the opponents and I don't think anyone likes to be dragged down like yesterday with Berdych.

Sport Tennis Event Prodon - Murray Selection Prodon +8.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 24/05/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.20 Reasoning In my opinion Eric can fight here. I don't want say too many about Andy Murray - TOP5 player, who is too good for out of TOP10 and too bad for TOP3, always in Grand Slam. Clay surface is the worst Andy surface. Off course won this match, propably in three, but I see problems. Prodon make big progress in this season, in 12 months go up over 150 position, in this moment is TOP100 player. Won Q here, serving on the really high level and play at home. Big support from the crowd. ---------- Sport Tennis Event Kubot - Almagro Selection Kubot +5.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 24/05/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.50 Reasoning I see good chances for Kubot here. Lukasz played three times agaisnt Almagro, lost all matches, but all matches been closed(one time took set), two matches on clay surface and one on grass. Lukasz is very good claycouter, in last season been TOP50, play good agressive tennis. Won Q here and have good court practise. Almargro can be tired, in last weekend won tournament in Nice. Nicolas is not destroyer for me, sometimes have big problems against lower ranked players.. For me Kubot take set here and lost with 3-4 games margin! ----------- Sport Tennis Event Isner - Nadal Selection Isner +7.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 24/05/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.75 Reasoning For me Isner is be able to play close three sets against Rafa today. In this year Roland Garros is faster than previous seasons, no doubts in this. New balls(from US Open) and player making many winners from the serve. This match can be similar like Karlovic/Del Potro yesterday in my opinion. Isner have propably TOP5 serve on the world, in last season here in one match made 38 aces, against Chiudinelli.. In 2010 played against Rafa on clay in Madrid and lost 4-6, 5-7 only. For me close match 7-6, 6-3, 6-3 for Rafa --------- Sport Tennis Event Dimitrov - Chardy Selection Dimitrov -3.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 24/05/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.20 Reasoning For mi Grigor can win this match in three sets, really. Grigor residence is in Paris, this boy practising in this courts many times, feel like in home, many friends in crowd and nice motivation to play the best tennis. Dimitrov is TOP20 material, any doubts in this, this is perfect moment to show not average skills for the world. Chardy in last months is really poor, losing against everyone, this is poor mentall player, play at home, but this is problem for this guy, not advantage.. Too much pression on this boy. Dimitrov have better form in last month and more stable serve, for me 3-0 for Grigor, look at this! ------------
You are so out on the right track in all of the ATP bets /I have no opion about WTA. Jeremy Chardy v Grigor Dimitrov Lleyton Hewitt is not the best claycourter but experienced as hell in grand slams and as you say Chardy can't take the pressure playing at home with his fragile mentallity and that's the big reason why Hewitt easily won in straight sets in RG first round last year against Chardy. I saw Chardy v Gicquel last week or two weeks ago and he was up a break serving for first set in the match and still manage to lose in tie-break against veteran Gicquel. Both players where just crap making unforced errors all over and anyone could have won it but Chardy lost the hole match. I know enough and seen enough of Chardy to really belive it's bound to be Dimitrov in 3.

Re: Tennis - The French Open It was a pretty inauspicious start for me yesterday so hoping to hit the ground running today. Fishy continues his Novak Djokovic-esque crusade through the bookies, picking them off like apples from a tree. Long may it continue. I agree with what's been said about Alexandr Dolgopolov's match with Rainer Schuettler. The German veteran was a handy player, but has really toiled against the higher ranked opponents this season. A full week in Cremona, followed by a best-of-five setter against a decent foe in Dolgopolov ... it does look ominous for him. Dolgopolov has been very unreliable of late but I'm hopeful he'll screw the nut this week. He's a good player on clay, his variation should irritate a fatigued Schuettler, and the fact he's beaten him already this year bodes well. The handicap is now up to -8.5 games, but I'll take that with the price in the low 1.90s. I see that TennisExpert has backed Lukasz Kubot on the plus against Nicolas Almagro. We'll have to disagree on this one. I don't think Almagro will have too many problems against the Pole, and I've taken the -8 games at monstrous odds of 2.25. Maybe I've followed the price a little bit, but there's a definite gulf in class between these two players. Almagro's played really well this year, and comes here having won Nice. Three days recovery is fine, I expect no after-effects for him. Kubot's been beaten by Almagro every time they've met, and is essentially a doubles player. He's certainly played well in singles in the past but comes here in scratchy form despite a good run in the qualifiers. Almagro's in form and has always played well at Roland Garros. I expect a strong showing from him. You'd also have to expect Jurgen Melzer to come here motivated. I've heard whisper of a back injury but the odds movements suggest there's no concerns, the handicap moving out to -7. He's up against Andreas Beck, a player himself plagued by injury in the last 18 months. He showed flashes of potential back in 2009 but his recovery has been slow, and I fear Melzer will be too much for him. I don't expect Melzer to come close to replicating his semi-final berth of last year, but he'll need to get close to it to defend some of his points. He's won both meetings against Beck and back on his favoured clay, I expect him to have far too much in the tank for the lucky loser. I've also had a wee nibble at Grigor Dimitrov on the +2.5 games line at above 2.00. This is an intriguing match. His opponent, Jeremy Chardy, has had such a miserable time of it in the last 12 months. I'm not going to go into the story of his cash dispute with his former coach but it's demoralised him and he's a pale shadow of his former self. He's certainly got the game to play well on clay - he's proven that in the past - but in his current slump, I'd have to side with Dimitrov. He's a Paris resident and is just starting to show flashes that he can compete at the Top 50 level with some of his wins. Only concern would be that he retired in Nice, but the handicap guards against a withdrawal here. He has all the shots, it's just a question of putting them together consistently. Chardy has the same foible, and therefore I expect a close match. Overs were a consideration, but at the end of the day, I think Dimitrov might sneak this. I did also consider Andy Murray on the minus but I remember Jonathan Eysseric in 2008, and Richard Gasquet last year, who both took him to five sets in early rounds of the French. He doesn't like playing in the morning, and Eric Prodon's got nothing to lose. Murray's capable of hammering him but maybe the line is a tad too high for a man who still needs to prove himself as a top clay courter. Whatever you think of this match and others, however, please respect the opinions of each poster. A little humility goes a long way and some regulars on here forget that ... Reccommendations - Alexandr Dolgopolov -8.5 games @ 1.926 with Pinnacle wee fancy - Nicolas Almagro -8 games AH @ 2.25 with Pinnacle average joe - Jurgen Melzer -7 games AH @ 1.84 with Pinnacle average joe - Grigor Dimitrov +2.5 games AH @ 2.02 with Pinnacle tiddler

[... snip ...] Event Sharapova - Lucic Selection Sharapova -8.5 (Asian-handicap) [... snip ...]
I would agree with you on most bets, but this one seems to me a little risky. I am not saying it will not come through, but Lucic can play quite well on clay, and stepped up her game recently. She did beat Dokic comfortably last week 62 62 before losing 46 46 with AMG in Strasbourg QF last week. -8.5 means something like 62 61, and though Sharapova should win this one (I trust her too, I have her as the outrigh winner in this tournament), to take 4 games off her is fully within the Lucic capabilities. BOL to your plays, anyway.

Sport Tennis
Event Chardy vs. Dimitrov
Selection Dimitrov (-3.5) GH (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 24/05/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.20
Reasoning Well, Jeremy Chardy is playing at home and certain this thing makes him to the favourite in a game where he could be the loser at the end. Jeremy Cahrdy will play against Grigor Dimitrov, the bulgarian player who possess a lot of talent and who is named as the next Roger Federer. Ok, maybe there is a lot of distance between him and Federer:), but anyway certain is that he is a talented player and for talented players there is always an advantage because they can rise their level and get better. Now, speaking about the difference between these two players, well here I will say that Dimitrov is a better player than Chardy, no doubts about that, he possess much better qualities and he is a much more complete player than the frenchman. Chardy's best part of his play are his serve and huge forehand, but besides these two qualities he lacks so many aspects in his game. All in all, there will all be about Dimitrov as he can dominate and control the game against a player like Chardy. Good Luck!

Sport Tennis
Event Rafa Nadal vs. John Isner
Selection Isner (+8.5) GH
Strength 10/10
Date 24/05/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.20
Reasoning Well, here comes and the first game for the king of the clay Rafael Nadal. First game Rafa will play against the american John Isner and IMO this game shouldn't be a easy one at all for the spaniard. I don't belive that Rafa will have a easy task against Isner because John possess exactly those qualities that makes him a dangeous opponent, here I mean: huge serve, huge forehand. Rafa is the ebst defender ever, there are no doubts about that, certain because of that only those who possess a strong and powerful attack have much better chances. John Isner can serve so so well, the best players in the world have a lot of problems at the return when playing against him. Serve, is the single shot in a tennis game that gives you the chance to win the point from only one shot, so I think that in this game serve will have a huge ifluence. All in all, the advantage in style for John Isner makes the logic to go on his side, a tough game. Good Luck!

Sport Tennis
Event Gilles Simon vs. Michael Russell
Selection Simon (-11.5) GH (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 24/05/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.50
Reasoning Well, Gilles Simon will play his first game here at Frenh Open against a player that purely is under his class. The american Michael Russell is a player who can play some good tennis on hard, but when it comes to play on clay the things for him become much more difficult as he do not possess those qualities for being a good claycourter. Gilles Simon is a great defender and we all know how difficult is to win not one game but even one rally against him. Russell will have to attack Simon's defence, thing that I really can't imagine as the american do not possess any strong dangerous shot to beat such a great defence like Simon's ones. This game should go only in one direction and there can't be any doubts that as the class difference and the surface advanatge are huge here. All in all, Russell never has been a good claycoruter and I reallt can't see some real chances for him to be competitve against Simon. Good Luck!

Sport Tennis
Event Gilles Simon vs. Michael Russell
Selection Simon (-11.5) GH (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 24/05/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.50
Reasoning Well, Gilles Simon will play his first game here at Frenh Open against a player that purely is under his class. The american Michael Russell is a player who can play some good tennis on hard, but when it comes to play on clay the things for him become much more difficult as he do not possess those qualities for being a good claycourter. Gilles Simon is a great defender and we all know how difficult is to win not one game but even one rally against him. Russell will have to attack Simon's defence, thing that I really can't imagine as the american do not possess any strong dangerous shot to beat such a great defence like Simon's ones. This game should go only in one direction and there can't be any doubts that as the class difference and the surface advanatge are huge here. All in all, Russell never has been a good claycoruter and I reallt can't see some real chances for him to be competitve against Simon. Good Luck!
Iron Mike Russell is a legend in RG, had a match point against Kuerten in round four the year when the brazilian won the title....

hello guys!! any tips on monaco - verdasco match?? verdasco wasn't in great form, so you think he can win today?
I think the problem here lato89 is that Monaco's not in outstanding form either. He's regressed on serve this year and that's where Verdasco could punish him. Obviously Verdasco hasn't been playing well either, but he's got the power, especially in his forehand, to hit through Monaco. The Argentine does lead the H2H, and that's a crucial bit of info. The +3 game line could be the way to go. Pretty sure someone (may have been red impact) tipped up Monaco +3 earlier in the week. Scroll back through the thread and you should find it.

hello guys!! any tips on monaco - verdasco match?? verdasco wasn't in great form, so you think he can win today?
I think Verdaco will beat Monaco. He was good enough against Soderling in Rome before he threw the match away and he'll have improved for that match. Monaco is a clay court specialist and holds a good head to head record against Verdasco (7-2) but I don't rate him that highly. He lost 7-6, 6-0 to Mayer last week and was well beaten by Berdych in Rome and Madrid. I'm not sure if there's value in 3/5 though and I think it's maybe best left alone.

Re: Tennis - The French Open Had a look and taken two more then today. One for the men, and the other on the women's side of things. Kevin Anderson vs Nicolas Mahut- Mahut +3.5 handicap- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10) This one should be all about the serve with plenty of cheap points for both players. Few tie breaks I'd expect here and all in all just fancy Mahut to keep this tight for the vast majority of the match. Anderson has been nursing an ankle injury which forced him to retire in Rome so I have doubts whether he will be completely 100%. Mahut does seem to have a habit of pinching sets of the better players. At the Australian Open he took Troicki to 4 sets in the second round, and ran Murray close in the Hopman Cup at the start of the season losing in two tie breaks, the same score when he met Soderling as well in Marseille. Last year here in Paris he nicked a set of Melzer, showing he's not a mug on the surface either, which a fair majority of big servers are. He beat Anderson in their only meeting thus far, and given Anderson isn't the best on the surface and coming back from an injury, I reckon Mahut can take this the distance and get a set or two for himself and cover the handicap in the meantime. Andrea Petkovic vs Bojana Jovanovski- Over 19.5 games- Evens Bet365- (4/10) I quite like taking the overs on Jovanovski matches and feel this line is a tad too low by a game or so. She's a player I like alot and in the next year or so I would fancy her to break into the top 30 or so. She showed a couple of weeks back what she can do, given Wozniacki plenty of problems, and also taking a set of Peer the week after. She does seem to have a tradition of playing longish matches, and the reason for the line being so low is due to a thrashing by Medina Garrigues last week. I wouldn't read too much into that and I'll put that down to her wanting to focus on this week. She took a set off Zvonareva at the AO and in all of her clay court matches this year, excluding that defeat to Medina Garrigues, all of them have have gone over the line of 19 games. Petkovic is coming here in good form after winning over in Strasbourg but how often do we see a player to that then struggle in their next match or tournament. Interestingly last year here in Paris, both of Petkovic's matches went to 3 sets so let's hope a similiar thing arises today. Both are hard hitters of the ball and can see plenty of shifts in momentum and as I say, the line looks a tad low so I'll go with the overs.

Re: Tennis - The French Open Had an in-play nightmare on the Murray match. He was absolutely dominating in the first set, so I took the 10.5 game handicap. He then allowed himself to be broken before hosing the second. Third set, he lost concentration and was broken again. Missed the handicap by one game. :@ I know this is probably reactionary but I'd be shocked if Murray came through his quarter. You can't make those kind of mistakes at Grand Slams and it was interesting that pre-break in the third Murray started doing his usual shouting at himself etc. His 'backs to wall' motivation thing is childish and good/half decent players will exploit it. There isn't much liquidity in the betfair market, with Murray currently 2.04 to win his quarter but 2.96 to lay. A bet on Almagro might be the way to go although what might be better is to lay Murray v Dolgopolov/Troicki in the fourth round and if he gets through that, lay again v Melzer/Almagro. I'm certain he won't come through both matches.

Had an in-play nightmare on the Murray match. He was absolutely dominating in the first set, so I took the 10.5 game handicap. He then allowed himself to be broken before hosing the second. Third set, he lost concentration and was broken again. Missed the handicap by one game. :@ I know this is probably reactionary but I'd be shocked if Murray came through his quarter. You can't make those kind of mistakes at Grand Slams and it was interesting that pre-break in the third Murray started doing his usual shouting at himself etc. His 'backs to wall' motivation thing is childish and good/half decent players will exploit it. There isn't much liquidity in the betfair market, with Murray currently 2.04 to win his quarter but 2.96 to lay. A bet on Almagro might be the way to go although what might be better is to lay Murray v Dolgopolov/Troicki in the fourth round and if he gets through that, lay again v Melzer/Almagro. I'm certain he won't come through both matches.
I think it's very easy to overreact to Murray's performance today. He's notorious for lacks of concentration against weaker opponents. He'll probably do the same against Simone Bolelli and then either Arnaud Clement, Michael Berrer or Filippo Volandri. If you're thinking of laying him, I'd advise waiting until he meets either Alexandr Dolgopolov or Viktor Troicki in R4. The price will have tumbled by then, as more Brits will have becomed interested in Murray as the hype mounts and, as a result, the market should have more liquidity on the exchanges. Personally, I think he'll make the semis. I think he's capable of beating everyone he can possibly face en route to the semis. Almagro would be the big danger for me on this surface, but Murray would be a lot more focused against the Spaniard.

I think it's very easy to overreact to Murray's performance today. He's notorious for lacks of concentration against weaker opponents. He'll probably do the same against Simone Bolelli and then either Arnaud Clement, Michael Berrer or Filippo Volandri. If you're thinking of laying him, I'd advise waiting until he meets either Alexandr Dolgopolov or Viktor Troicki in R4. The price will have tumbled by then, as more Brits will have becomed interested in Murray as the hype mounts and, as a result, the market should have more liquidity on the exchanges. Personally, I think he'll make the semis. I think he's capable of beating everyone he can possibly face en route to the semis. Almagro would be the big danger for me on this surface, but Murray would be a lot more focused against the Spaniard.
Yeah, I can't lay him at the moment (lay odds have now shortened to 2.4). I think the market is interesting though as I don't think he can come through five best of fives on clay, particularly without a coach. He's just too unstable mentally and physically for that.

Ryan Harrisson v Robin Söderling Benjamin Becker has withdrawn from Paris since he is not 100% after an injury. Ryan got in as a lucky loser.
Under 8.5 games 1st set 2.37 bet365 Can't see any chances for Harrisson in any set and price on under 8.5 in first is tempting.

Had an in-play nightmare on the Murray match. He was absolutely dominating in the first set, so I took the 10.5 game handicap. He then allowed himself to be broken before hosing the second. Third set, he lost concentration and was broken again. Missed the handicap by one game. :@ I know this is probably reactionary but I'd be shocked if Murray came through his quarter. You can't make those kind of mistakes at Grand Slams and it was interesting that pre-break in the third Murray started doing his usual shouting at himself etc. His 'backs to wall' motivation thing is childish and good/half decent players will exploit it. There isn't much liquidity in the betfair market, with Murray currently 2.04 to win his quarter but 2.96 to lay. A bet on Almagro might be the way to go although what might be better is to lay Murray v Dolgopolov/Troicki in the fourth round and if he gets through that, lay again v Melzer/Almagro. I'm certain he won't come through both matches.
Statistically murray always drops his level of perfomance if he wins the first set and has you rightly put it he loses concentration in the second set especially against lesser opposition. Its almost sure that murray will drop uneccessary number games in these types matches, which is good if you always back the opposition to get more games than the bookmaker presumes

Re: Tennis - The French Open I'm going in on Lucie Hradecka to beat Anastasija Sevastova 2-0 at evens. Hradecka is a better player that Sevastova and leads the h2h 1-0 (she won in straight sets in 2007). She's been playing well recently and won a challenger in Prague 2 weeks ago then did well enough in Strasbourg before losing to Bartoli. Sevastova is carrying a foot injury and since she picked it up she hasn't won a match going down in straight sets to Li in Madrid then last week she was shocked by Ursula Radwanksa (the bad one). She's also lost in straight set to Kanepi, Pavlyuchenkova, Radwanska (the good one) and Jankovic in her tournaments prior to injury. Edit - forgot to mention that Sevastova is also suffering from a viral infection (or was last week).

Y wickimayer has some fitness issues and she retired in her last match cant see her wining two straight sets if you want some inruning tips:hope:hope
Well niculescu had all the chances and she still could not take the set, poor effort from her only 3 games won against a player not in form

One early tournament bet for me ahead of what should be a cracking couple of weeks. Nicolas Almagro to reach last 16- 8/11 Sportingbet- (5/10)- LOSS
Not even going to discuss this one. Just makes me furious about how he lost today.