THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling

Nade

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling I won't know for a few more days if my FTP transfer has gone into my bank. It seems though the threat of shutdowns within 48hrs was just for the site domains which is good.

Morls' date=' we'll need to look at the autogeek links - the Stars one connects to .com and Tilt isn't loading for me. I guess we'll need new affiliate web addresses though first. :unsure[/quote'] Pokerstars will have to be .eu and FTP will have to be .co.uk

Re: THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling

Morls' date=' we'll need to look at the autogeek links - the Stars one connects to .com and Tilt isn't loading for me. I guess we'll need new affiliate web addresses though first. :unsure[/quote'] Helen - For full tilt I had to uninstall the old one then download new version from http://www.fulltiltpoker.co.uk/ everything went fine from then (apart from my results :lol)

Re: THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling Both Stars and FT are trying their best to reassure their non-US players; a run on the bank would be pretty disastrous for them if their assets aren't too liquid. Anyway what worries me is paragraph 55 onwards of the indictment, which includes the fact that they have sought to/frozen more than 70 of their bank accounts.

a run on the bank would be pretty disastrous for them if their assets aren't too liquid.
Do they both not claim to keep players funds segregated (and thus available). In that case they should have no problem :hope
Anyway what worries me is paragraph 55 onwards of the indictment' date=' which includes the fact that they have sought to/frozen more than 70 of their bank accounts.[/quote'] They could just be accounts set up for Payment processing of US players? So pretty disposable accounts?

Do they both not claim to keep players funds segregated (and thus available). In that case they should have no problem :hope
Yea that's something they claim but if they never expected a run on the bank then who knows what they might have decided to do with some of the money. For one I would expect Stars to be decently prepared for such a lawsuit, but I'm not too sure if they expected something this serious.
They could just be accounts set up for Payment processing of US players? So pretty disposable accounts?
The accounts frozen includes 45 accounts in non-US banks. Not too sure what this means but just getting slightly worried I guess, especially when I have not received my funds after close to 36 hours:unsure kind of expected the delay but still:\

Interesting moral dilemma could come up for a European regs on Tilt and Stars if we see known good regs from the USA playing through a European IP.
Not really, if you dont know them/arent friends with them then shop them because it helps your bottom line. Also, if loads of american regs are still playing the site will look like they arent enforcing it and thus might be in danger of more sanctions which could hurt you in the long run. If they are terrible then let them play :loon

Re: THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling When you think about it logically the US Government has no right to 'steal' foreign players deposits and I think this would lead to a huge shit storm for them - the sites arent even based in the US's jurisdiction (although they do seem to think that the entire Universe is under their jurisdiction). If I was American I would be worried but I really dont think any non-us players have anything to worry about their money. It is quite funny that the indictment even says they are actively seeking ALL of the assets of FTP/Stars/Cereus. That just makes it so obvious that their actions arent to 'protect America from the gambling disease' but actually to create a monopoly and destroy all competition - very sinister indeed.

When you think about it logically the US Government has no right to 'steal' foreign players deposits and I think this would lead to a huge shit storm for them - the sites arent even based in the US's jurisdiction.
If they did that then the US government would be hit with probably the biggest bilateral class action lawsuit in history.

When you think about it logically the US Government has no right to 'steal' foreign players deposits and I think this would lead to a huge shit storm for them - the sites arent even based in the US's jurisdiction
They steal foreign oil, what makes you think they won't get away with stealing foregin poker money?

Re: THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling I still have $4.62 on UltimateBet. I couldn't cash that since I need a minimum of $50 to be able to cash out there. Anyone else have money on the Cereus Network? I'm not so worried about Stars of Tilt, but cereus? Something tells me that that network could go belly up. :cry

I still have $4.62 on UltimateBet. I couldn't cash that since I need a minimum of $50 to be able to cash out there. Anyone else have money on the Cereus Network? I'm not so worried about Stars of Tilt, but cereus? Something tells me that that network could go belly up. :cry
Absolute have stopped paying out to non-US as well so guess UB is the same.

Re: THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling my money is lost in cyberspace now i think, till about two hours ago i could at least see it in the transaction window saying in progress, since two hours it is not shown there anymore, nor on my account nor on neteller. Nor any email of cashier like I normally get. I dont want to be to negative, but I really think it is time to become realistic, i think Full Tilt money might be getting lost

Re: THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling Just got this email from stars... As you may have heard, due to recent developments in the USA, we had to make changes to our website address. We have moved the PokerStars website to www.pokerstars.eu. Our Support email address has also moved to [email protected]. These developments do not have any impact on your ability to play real money games and tourneys on PokerStars - it is business as usual for all players outside the USA. Sit & Go's, Multi-Table Tourneys and cash ring games at all stakes and limit types are running normally. You can rest assured that player balances are safe. If you have any further questions, please contact us at [email protected]. In the meantime, please continue to enjoy playing our games! We thank you for choosing PokerStars. The PokerStars Team Find the Poker Star in you!

I still have $4.62 on UltimateBet. I couldn't cash that since I need a minimum of $50 to be able to cash out there. Anyone else have money on the Cereus Network? I'm not so worried about Stars of Tilt, but cereus? Something tells me that that network could go belly up. :cry
I've got about $80 on UB - Not unduly worried :)

Re: THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling 888 and Bwin shares soar as US betting rivals closed Continue reading the main story Bwin.party Digital Entertainment Last Updated at 18 Apr 2011, 15:25 *Chart shows local time chart?chart_primary_ticker=LSE:BPTY&chart_time_period=1_day&canvas_colour=000000&primary_chart_colour=CC0000&use_transparency=0&plot_colour=ffffff&cp_line_colour=1F4F82&margin_left=35&margin_bottom=20&margin_right=20&time_24hr=1&tiny_chart=1&tiny_month_view=1&logo_strength=light&y_axis_left=1&x_axis_plain=1&cp_line=1&cp_line_style=dotline&charting_freq=1_minute&co_dimension^width=271&co_dimension^height=170&small_chart_x_label_format=1&date_label_spacing=30

pricechange%
170.50 p+ +39.50 + +30.15
Continue reading the main story Related Stories

Shares in London-listed online betting firms surged after some big poker websites in the US were shut for alleged illegal activity. In early afternoon trading Bwin were up more than 34% and 888 up 24% as investors speculated that the US closures would boost their operations. On Friday, 11 people linked to three major poker sites were charged with offences, including fraud. The US probe involves three sites: Full Tilt, PokerStars, and Absolute Poker. According to Execution Noble analyst Geetanjali Sharma: "The closure of the main competitors' operations and the US legal proceedings initiated against them should benefit European listed operators." Playtech, another gaming site, also saw its shares jump 11%.

Anyone who did withdraw on Full Tilt via Neteller received the money yet?
My debit card withdrawal has been confirmed as 'approved', apparently may take 15 working days to reach my account, although the withdrawal was instant. :lol

Re: THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling Just about 72 hours now, decided to drop them another mail:

Hello Sean, Thank you for contacting PokerStars. Unfortunately we have no more information at this time and we are unable to provide you with a time frame. We apologize for the delays you are experiencing and sincerely appreciate your patience and cooperation. Should you require further assistance in regards to this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you for supporting PokerStars and I wish you best of luck at our tables. Regards, Oscar C PokerStars Support Team ----- Original Message ----- From: - Sent: 2011/04/18 19:29:30 To: [email protected] Subject: Re: PokerStars - Your recent cashout(s) Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Can you provide me with a timeframe to work with? Sean On 19 April 2011 07:22, PokerStars Support wrote: Hello Sean, Thanks for your email. Due to an unexpected increase in cashout volume, your recent cashout request (s) may temporarily take longer than usual to be processed and sent to you. Please rest assured that your funds are safe with PokerStars and we are doing the best we can to clear the current cashout backlog as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Regards, Rin P PokerStars Support Team ----- Original Message ----- From: - Sent: 2011/04/18 19:17:25 To: [email protected] Subject: Cashout Enquiry Hi, I requested for a cashout to NETELLER 72 hours ago, but at the moment the funds have not arrived yet. I understand that things might be slow with all the current issues, so please give me an update on when I can expect my money? Will I still get it within the original 72 hour time frame? Thanks, Sean