THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling

Nade

FullTilt.com PokerStars.com AbsolutePoker.com and UB.com all being seized by the US Govt and the latest breaking news on Reuters is they've been charged with illegal gambling. That's all the info right now. Edit: SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Federal authorities unsealed an indictment Friday against the founders of the three largest internet poker companies operating in the U.S. The indictment charges eleven defendants, including the founders of PokerStars, Full Tilt Poker, and Absolute Poker, with bank fraud, money laundering, and illegal gambling offenses, according to Federal authorities in New York. Restraining orders were issued against more than 75 bank accounts used by the poker companies and their payment processors, while five Internet domain names used by the companies to host poker games were seized, federal authorities added in a statement.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling Yeah i've just withdrawn all from FullTilt and would have done on Stars if had anything on there. Think it's best in the short term as if it turns out to be fine to play on the sites then will be easy to get money back on the sites. According to @JamesBarnesEsq "DoJ appears seeking international arrest warrants & will extradite those not currently in the US"

Re: THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling The games on the pokerlobby are still running... I think most still don't know it yet? Good moment to play the Guaranteed games? :unsure Imagine winnings the Sunday Million for once when there are no Americans.....

Re: THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling It's not just illegal gambling..... Count Charge Defendants Maximum Penalties 8 Conspiracy toCommit Bank Fraud and Wire Fraud ISAI SCHEINBERG,RAYMOND BITAR,BRENT BECKLEY,NELSON BURTNICK,PAUL TATE,RYAN LANG,BRADLEY FRANZEN,IRA RUBIN,CHAD ELIE 30 years in prison;fine of $1,000,000or twice the grossgain or loss; 5years supervisedrelease; forfeiture

Re: THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling Will be really interesting to see what effect that has on the cash games on those sites if US players get banned permanently as the majority of US players were grinders.

Re: THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling The US players can't sit in any game on Stars, withdraw or transfer funds. I know a few high stakes players were dumping cash to European players at high stakes a bit ago.

Re: THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling They are actually getting charged with money laundering and fraud as they werent declaring the nature of their business to banking institutes (sounds like the banks have gotten away with it again!). I think some banks are involved and have been basically bribed to process payments. This has all stemned from a guy who was involved in payment processing software (i think) for stars/tilt and robbed 100m from them. He then got picked up by the feds and spilled the beans, presumably for something in exchange. This is all according to the 2+2 thread which wont load for me now so I cant get the article link. Crazy shit.

Re: THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling

Checked an hour ago and only 200k+ players logged on compared to 300+k normally. Darn it, what a bad time to have a self-exclusion:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall
I'm pretty certain you could still withdraw even when self-excluded? If not then yeah worst possible timing...

Latest is that the sites will be shutting down worldwide within next 48hrs apparently' date=' so not just going to be US affected[/quote'] I think they meant just the domain names of FTP.com Stars.com etc. not the actual playing software would be shutdown?

Re: THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling So many speculations... I can't imagine Stars or FTP going down, There are more non-USA players then USA players. But someone Twittered something about 48 hours? ================================ http://twitter.com/#!/ESPN_poker My colleagues @GamblingComp have said that within 48 hours, all the indicted #poker sites—around the world—will be shut down. http://www.gamblingcompliance.com/

Any link to that dave? Just tried cashing out, but absolutely nothing happened when I clicked the cashout button:\ Dropped Stars an email, hopefully they will be able to help.
Cleaned out FT, as hardly played there anyway. Left $50 in Stars. Cashier still working for me, as just transfered to some one else.

Re: THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling Anyone managing to withdraw on Stars at the moment? It allowed me to transfer all my funds into my $ account and then appears to say I can withdraw the full balance, but nothing happens when I press submit. If I click on the information link it takes me to a Russian (I think?) page.