** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling

Nade

Re: THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling

Good news for full tilt players' date=' I cashed out from full tilt on Saturday via my visa debit card, the money hit my bank account today.[/quote'] Pretty impressive, even at the quietest of times I've always had to wait longer than that by the same method. Also withdrew on Saturday, but nothing yet. Don't really anticipate any problems though.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling I'll be resuming in early may, and if things remain status quo I plan to put 3-4k back in and continue grinding. Will be checking out 2p2 to see what the rest are doing too. Stars might also see quite a few FT players moving over as the players are losing confidence due to payout issues.

Re: THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling got 5 dollar today from full tilt to my account for a promo, well thats nice :lol even though I rather much preffered to get my money Still no sign from my money, but I guess the 5 dollar might be a sign that at least someone is working there

Re: THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling I'd recommend that everyone listens to the 2+2 Pokercast this week. It's huge, nearly 4 hours, but they've got 4 or 5 guests, and it covers everything that's happened/might happen. Some of the stuff that's said (eg Todd Terry saying that there will never be online poker in the US again) is questionable, but overall it's a very good listen.

I'd recommend that everyone listens to the 2+2 Pokercast this week. It's huge' date=' nearly 4 hours, but they've got 4 or 5 guests, and it covers everything that's happened/might happen. Some of the stuff that's said (eg Todd Terry saying that there will never be online poker in the US again) is questionable, but overall it's a very good listen.[/quote'] I would love to listen to it, my problem is when people speak english to quick than i am lost completely, so when I listen than i only get half of it and that not even right, so I shall be happy about any information posted here, who ever does thank you in advance

Re: THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling With news filtering through around the world that Stars withdrawals are going through i've taken the plunge and put money back on the site. I've scoured all the poker networks over the last few days checking out the amount of games running, quality, deals available, rakeback etc. and there's a reason Stars is the biggest site in the world, it ticks all the boxes. I was pretty disappointed with the quality of games running on a lot of euro sites and speaking to a few guys i know who play those sites they're very nitty reg filled. My FullTilt money hasn't gone through yet. I might check that podcast out Dave, i've been listening a lot to QuadJacks' Ustream which has been running non-stop since this all broke with some great guests including mike matusow last night who really spilled the beans and then some and eventually got pulled off the show by FullTilt :lol

With news filtering through around the world that Stars withdrawals are going through i've taken the plunge and put money back on the site. I've scoured all the poker networks over the last few days checking out the amount of games running, quality, deals available, rakeback etc. and there's a reason Stars is the biggest site in the world, it ticks all the boxes. I was pretty disappointed with the quality of games running on a lot of euro sites and speaking to a few guys i know who play those sites they're very nitty reg filled. My FullTilt money hasn't gone through yet. I might check that podcast out Dave, i've been listening a lot to QuadJacks' Ustream which has been running non-stop since this all broke with some great guests including mike matusow last night who really spilled the beans and then some and eventually got pulled off the show by FullTilt :lol
I've been looking at Party over the last few days and it seems like there's some mega fish all the way up to $10/$20. Big waiting lists though. I-poker tends to be tougher I think, probably due to some of the ridiculous rakeback deals you can get there. I think Stars/Tilt are going to be fine for non-US players in the short-term, but it's definitely a good idea to only keep a small % of your bankroll on them + keep a very close eye on any legal developments, as I don't feel like people's money is always guaranteed to be 100% safe on there right now. If/when anyone gets prosecuted then you might see foreign govts. starting to panic/withdrawing licenses. What was Matusow saying btw?

Re: THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling Yeah i'll just have the minimum needed on there like i've done for months anyways really. Matusow ranted about how the DOJ thing is a big 'money grab', he also speculated that they've been brought down by Harrahs working with the Govt so they can then get licensing, he said it was 'business 101' eliminate the competition. He said all players on Stars and FTP would get their money but just laughed his head off when asked about UB money. Oh yeah he also said that all the american players should do is use a VPN to get around the system (lol). And some other stuff about the NFL. Thread is here if you want to check it out.

got 5 dollar today from full tilt to my account for a promo, well thats nice :lol even though I rather much preffered to get my money Still no sign from my money, but I guess the 5 dollar might be a sign that at least someone is working there
I got $25 from Full Tilt today. Explaination was that it was a "promotion", but this was the first I knew of it.

Yeah i'll just have the minimum needed on there like i've done for months anyways really. Matusow ranted about how the DOJ thing is a big 'money grab', he also speculated that they've been brought down by Harrahs working with the Govt so they can then get licensing, he said it was 'business 101' eliminate the competition. He said all players on Stars and FTP would get their money but just laughed his head off when asked about UB money. Oh yeah he also said that all the american players should do is use a VPN to get around the system (lol). And some other stuff about the NFL. Thread is here if you want to check it out.
Ok, so Matusow basically saying what everyone else was thinking, though probably not the best idea coming from someone sponsored by FT. The reason he probably laughed about UB was that he was one of the biggest losers from the cheating scandal there, so he's not exactly unbiased. Though he may have a point, since UB is mainly US players, and they don't really have an incentive for getting money back to the players. Whereas Stars/FT (if they want to keep their overseas business) have to be seen to be doing the right thing. I've (as expected) received my withdrawal from FT btw. http://www.pokernews.com/news/2011/04/kahnawake-gaming-commission-issues-statement-poker-10246.htm

On Tuesday, April 19, 2011, the Kahnawake Gaming Commission issued a statement regarding the indictments issued by the U.S. Department of Justice in the Southern District of New York against three online poker companies (PokerStars, Full Tilt Poker, and Absolute Poker) on Friday, April 15, 2011. If you recall, Absolute Poker’s primary gaming license is issued by Kahnawake; as such, the

KGC said its “principal concern is that players are not adversely affected by the actions taken by US authorities. The KGC is presently engaged in discussions with its licensee concerning the status of player accounts. Upon completion of its review, the KGC will determine what steps may be required and will issue a further statement at that time.” The Mohawk Territory of Kahnawake is a sovereign jurisdiction located just outside Montreal, Quebec, Canada. The Kahnawake Gaming Commission was established in 1996 and has been continuously licensing and regulating online gaming since July,1999. Likewise, the Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission issued the following statement in regard to PokerStars: "Following developments on Friday 15th April, the Commission is aware of documentation issued by authorities in the USA which makes allegations against PokerStars and some of its personnel. While we are discussing the matter on an ongoing basis with PokerStars and watching developments, we can confirm that PokerStars’ licensing status in the Isle of Man remains unchanged." "We are aware that PokerStars have suspended the availability of cash-play games in the USA and we are currently endeavouring to ensure that any player who wishes to withdraw money from their account can do so."

I got $25 from Full Tilt today. Explaination was that it was a "promotion"' date=' but this was the first I knew of it.[/quote'] Yes it was promotion, they had a rush promo going for 10 days, ended on sunday, and payout was meant till today, you could either get 5 or 25 so well done in the promo :clap

Re: THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling Just got back from holiday abroad and decided to withdraw money in AP, STARS and FT. If these sites lose their law suits can the US government 'pull the plug' and players money go down the drain? The AP and STARS withdrawals appear to be going ahead but there are obstacles on FT - they 'cannot process my withdrawal, try again later'. So my confidence in FT is gone completely!

Got an email from Full Tilt saying the payout had been approved. You still not had anything Gina?

Re: THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling Withdrew my FTP cash on Friday, it landed in my bank today so all good :ok Everything outside the US does look totally fine going by all reports across the globe.

Re: THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling DOJ have released a statement saying FullTilt and Stars will be able to return funds to all players. Us players reporting they're now being able to cashout. Real good news.

DOJ have released a statement saying FullTilt and Stars will be able to return funds to all players. Us players reporting they're now being able to cashout. Real good news.
I guess it's ok for the banks to break the law if the DoJ tells them it is :lol

Got an email from Full Tilt saying the payout had been approved. You still not had anything Gina?
No except the 5 dollar bonus for the promo I did nothing :cry so I shall keep waiting, I am at least happy that it is shown in the transaction thingi as under progress I was a bit panici when it had vanished there few days ago for couple of hours Maybe neteller is the problem I wish they would deny so I could try a different method. I as well not have any reply of them to an email. Stars was much better there, reply to email friday nite within 5 hours