Grand National Thread

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Grand National Thread My runners are- BECAUSEICOULDNTSEE 25/1 PP BOG 1-5~ Not fully exposed Irish runner 2nd over 4 mile at Cheltenham. Ground will suit should go well along with the Dermot Weld horse who beat my selection lto. WEST END ROCKER 33/1 PP BOG 1-5~ Can run a stinker put is good. Top yard will have it tip top for this good jock on. GRAND SLAM HERO 100/1 SJ 1-5~ Trainer knows how to win this back. Horse will put up better show on this ground that will suit. ORANIS 210W 30P BETFAIR 4PLACES~ Should get the trip ok top trainer and could go very well for the Steward family. SURFACE TO AIR 210W 30P BETFAIR 4PLACES~ Needed run lto has won over 4 miles and the ground is ideal. Think this one could run a hell of a race at a massive price even with having a limited number of runs over the bigger fences.

Re: Grand National Thread Dooneys Gate 0.5pts EW @ 66/1 Bet365 Overlooked when talking about Mullins horses with the main focus on The Midnight Club and Arbor Supreme. The selection has been a steady improver over fences and while on a career high mark has been mapped out for this race. Ran a cracker in the topham last season when finishing 4th, form which has been franked this year with Always Waining, ScotsIrish and Offshore Account running big races at Aintree in the past couple of days. We know he handles the fences well and know on the whole he is a good jumper, both of which are essential in this race. Young Patrick Mullins rode a stormer on Boxer Georg over these fences in the Foxhunters and I'd hope he could use that experience positively and this horse can give a top account of himself. Whether he is good enough or not, I will happily have a small stake bet to find out at the price.

Re: Grand National Thread

12. NICHE MARKET – smart chaser for Bob Buckler and won the 2009 Irish National under today’s jockey Harry Skelton. Pulled up in last year’s race when out of contention but was hampered in the early stages. Has since joined Champion trainer Paul Nicholls and has seen his mark come down 8lbs for staying on one paced in the Hennessy over a trip shorter than ideal. Has had a prep run since to sharpen up his fitness, acts on the ground and is capable of going close. Agreed Fintron NICHE MARKET who is narrowly preferred ahead of the likeable
Amazingly Niche Market went out to 30/1 on betfair! My idea of the best value at the moment are: 1. Silver By Nature 2. Niche Market 3. The Midnight Club 4. Skippers Brig 5. West End Rocker 6. Majestic Concorde 7. Becauseicouldntsee

are you not worried about the ground for Silver by nature Ginge' date=' that would be a neg for me[/quote'] Totally Bowles, it is obviously a big negative. But it is possible it is just a test of stamina that he needs and not ground. 4 1/2m on Good being similar to 3m5f on heavy. People also look at SBN's early season form, but Lucinda could not buy a winner at the time of the Hennessey and Welsh National. Now she's 4 winners ranging from 9/4 to 5/1 (no odds-on) from 8 runners so far in April. There is obviously a possibility or even probability of SBN not acting on good, but it's all about price Bowles. If it were soft ground I'd make him a fair 9/2 chance (no exaggeration). In my opinion they've pushed him out too far, and is well worth the risk (at around 20/1) of not acting on it.:ok

Re: Grand National Thread Two for me only brief as on phone. 1ptew State of Play -gets around the track is a few pound lighter than last year and trainer like all dreams of winning National and therefore given State of Play the year off so can run fresh for this.28/1 v-/c for first six 0.25ew In Complience - Is well handicapped jumps sound trainer happy and think will last. 100/1 bet365

Re: Grand National Thread Not a expert by any means on the horses and only have a bit of fun in the national. So wondering if anyone can explain to me the drift on Ballabriggs this morning. I took him at 14/1 yesterday which I thought was a decent price knowing how well he jumps, but he's drifted to 18s today. Anyone with a bit more knowledge shed some light on the drift?

Amazingly Niche Market went out to 30/1 on betfair! My idea of the best value at the moment are: 1. Silver By Nature 2. Niche Market 3. The Midnight Club 4. Skippers Brig 5. West End Rocker 6. Majestic Concorde 7. Becauseicouldntsee
The order of best chance of winning (nothing to do with value) is: 1. The Midnight Club 2. Silver By Nature 3. Don't Push It 4. Niche Market

Re: Grand National Thread I know he has jumping issues but surely the tother one is no 99/1 shot? I can't ignore his staying on 4th in the hennessy. I have him covered in my other thread but I couldn't resist another £2 at that price

Re: Grand National Thread Yeah just seemed a little strange that it was the only horse to have a fair drift this morning. Just one other thing, I just got told that if u took a horse at bet365 and the odds shorten or drift, the bet placed goes by the biggest price at any given time? I wasn't aware of this but as I've done it with 365, is this correct? EDIT: Scrap this comment, aware of what he meant now.

Re: Grand National Thread Two for me both with proven records at Aintree over these fences and e/w shots. Vic Venturi at 90 on betfair. He won the Becher in 2009 ok that was a while ago but still has that win to his name. I thought he was going well enough last year even though he found a lot of trouble and eventually unseated at the 20th. For an e/w bet I thought 90 for the win and 17 for the place looked good. The other one is State of Play at 40 on betfair. Has run two big races in the last two years 4th and 3rd. He knows his way around here and another one who as an e/w shot looks a decent shout. Good Luck what ever you're on :D

Re: Grand National Thread That made me laugh just now on RUK............looking at the old timers going out on the track for the legends race Nick Luck told the story of Hywel Bennett ?...........riding one in the National for Captain Foster...........he asked the Captain what his riding instructions were, to which the Captain said 'Keep re-mounting' ! :loon:lol

West End Rocker44£5.00£215.00
Ref: 14309331301 Bet matched:12:18 09-Apr-11
Killyglen80£6.00£474.00
Ref: 14309331304 Bet matched:12:18 09-Apr-11
Grand Slam Hero130£4.00£516.00
Ref: 14309331300 Bet matched:12:18 09-Apr-11
Ornais210£5.00£1,045.00
Ref: 14309331303 Bet matched:12:18 09-Apr-11
BackYour OddsYour StakeYour Profit
Royal Rosa200£2.00£398.00
Ref: 14310174090 Bet matched:13:07 09-Apr-11
Surface To Air180£2.00£358.00
Ref: 14310174095 Bet matched:13:07 09-Apr-11
Thats Rhythm230£2.00£458.00
Ref: 14310174094 Bet matched:13:07 09-Apr-11
Quolibet320£2.00£638.00
Ref: 14310174093 Bet matched:13:07 09-Apr-11
Piraya320£2.00£638.00
Ref: 14310174091 Bet matched:13:07 09-Apr-11
Santas Son270£0.52£139.88
Ref: 14310174092 Bet matched:13:07 09-Apr-11
270£1.48£398.12
Thats my bets today, fcuk it, its a lottery anyway :ok

Re: Grand National Thread Been looking at Calgary bay too , ran his best race last time behind Wishful thinking at Cheltenham , that horse has done nothing wrong since finishing second at the Cheltenham festival to Noble prince and them romping home here earlier in the week. Calgary bay is a good looking well related horse who jumps very well , 40/1 is the standout price or 33s the first 6 with VC , could run a big race if he stays and gets in a rythm ....:hope

Re: Grand National Thread I have: Arbor Supreme Chief Dan George Silver by Nature Niche Market (sweepstake) Big Fella Thanks (sweepstake) Anyone have some reassuring words, hopefully theres a winner in there or at least a place. Probably not though knowing my betting but did have the winner last year...:gimme

Not a expert by any means on the horses and only have a bit of fun in the national. So wondering if anyone can explain to me the drift on Ballabriggs this morning. I took him at 14/1 yesterday which I thought was a decent price knowing how well he jumps' date=' but he's drifted to 18s today. Anyone with a bit more knowledge shed some light on the drift?[/quote'] Fishy, If you take one winner at a short price at Fontwell yesterday out; McCain has been in poorish form the last couple of weeks. Not saying there is - but it is possible there is a minor virus in the yard. A lot seem to be travelling well enough through a race, and then finding less than expected; which can be typical of a virus. It will be interesting how the market goes and how Peddler's Cross runs in the Aintree Hurdle. Ballabriggs is also worse off with Skippers Brig, despite the latter coming out on top last time. Think the original price of Ballabriggs was more about being from Ginger McCain (Red Rum)'s son's stable than actual "form". Now the price is what it should be.:ok

Re: Grand National Thread Wonder if the weakness of late in Don't Push It might be due to how he's behaving this morning. Only speculation:unsure, but can sweat badly. Better than usual in the prelims last year, helped by first time ear plugs, yet still got warm. However, it's hotter at Aintree today.

Re: Grand National Thread :nana:nana:nana Ballabriggs :nana:nana:nana Had it ante post as I mentioned and lumped on it recently but only at 14-1, made a fortune from just this race. Absolutely screamed the house down just now and skipped going to footy so I could watch the National, bloody brilliant, chuffed for trainer and jockey and myself, Milen and AK have been discussing this horse for ages, fantastic performance. :ok