Tennis - February 7-13

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Sport Tennis Event Mello v Andujar Selection Mello Strength 10/10 Date 10/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.70 Reasoning Most appealing play of the day for me. Mello at home playing well, as he often raises his level. Good wins over Giraldo (possible tired) and especially against Monantes I think he can do the job here. Like going against Andujar int his spot, beat Robredo yesterday which was a good win for him but Robredo likely tired from last week and his tough match against Fognini (he really wanted to win!). So I favour Mello quite a bit here, and this price is reasonable.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - February 7-13

Atko' date=' just looking back over the forums and you are fairly prominent and knowledgable with your posting of tips. Do you keep a tally of your points and how (on average) you do in regards to profits/loss?[/quote'] I've kept a tally since the start of this year. I haven't got the figures to hand, but I from memory I'm about 40pts up. That was boosted by the second week of the season, where I had an 100% week. That's very rare though. I get peaks and troughs like any other punter, although I've tweaked a few things this year that have made it more successful. Everyone is different though. It'd be fair to say that in the past 18 months, when I've taken tennis betting more seriously, the profits have been good.

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Four more for me for the evening/night. Cannot see anything in Paris really. Berdych did not cover, which is a shame, and Sharapova withdrew, so that is a push. Baghdatis still in running. (4/10) A.Dolgopolov (-2.5) to bt. P.Starace @ 1.92 at Pinnacle Have the outright running, but this seems a good bet nonetheless. If Dolgopolov is to break into the very top (which I think he is), he has to be able to brush aside players like Starace. The Italian is always shaky at moments and Dolgopolov has the skills to put in a lot of angle on his shots, while I cannot see what weapons Starace has. (3/10) T.Bellucci (-2.5) to bt. J.I. Chela @ 1.87 at Pinnacle Bellucci showed great attitude yesterday and he is playing at home with a lot of support. Berlocq is of course worse than Chela, but Chela seems to be struggling a lot these days. Had two really tough matches here, both going into three sets. And the opponents were a level below his opponent today. (3/10) M.Youzhny (-3) to bt. T.De Bakker @ 1.87 at Pinnacle I simply do not buy that hype about De Bakker. After all, he got bageled by Petzschner - and Petzschner is horrible these days. Youzhny had his struggles this year already, but I am sure he fancies his chances here. He was in the finals here last year, beating Monfils and Djokovic, so he has good memories and should be prepared well. (2/10) D.Istomin (-1.5) to bt. M.Russell @ 1.90 at Pinnacle A lot has been said about Istomin, but I really think he should pull through here. For me, Russell is a horrible player and with his age, it is not going to be better now. On his day, he can fight a good match with Istomin, but on a bad day, he can go down in flames very easily. I do not expect a straightforward win, but I expect Istomin to win this.

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 cooliosantos: Zakopalova +3 might be worth a try, but I do not have enough confidence to put money on that personally. Would like +4, but that was never on offer. And Arvidsson seems a good bet to me, but the same case as with Zakopalova. If you trust them, back it. Both seem possible to me.

Two more early bets, but I am sure there will be something interesting in the American tournaments too. (3/10) B.Mattek to bt. M.Sharapova @ 1.82 at Bwin Well, get this with a one-ball bookie and hope for the best. First of all, you have to disregard the 0-5 record. Sharapova is not playing her best for some time and the showing at the Fed Cup is nothing she could be proud of. On the other hand, Mattek fought nicely against Clijsters and had an easy win in the first roun. Finally, she is apparently mildly ill and it is not even guaranteed that she will play. Definitely not in good condition and this bet looks good then. (3/10) M.Baghdatis (-3) to bt. F.Lopez @ 1.83 at Pinnacle Baghdatis was classy enough against Murray and I cannot see him not getting a win here. Lopez is in a horrible form right now. Losses to Tomic and Dancevic are pretty horrible, while the win over Mayer is not impressive, as I am pretty sure his injury still had some effect on his performance. From the baseline, he has no weapons and his serve-volley style has not been working for him too much this season. Definitely can see this being -3.5 tomorrow.
Sharapova pulled out and we can trust in Baggy indoors :ok

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Yanina Wickmayer to beat Petra Kvitova @ 11/10 (BET 365) Strength(8/10) Got a feeling this one will drop pretty soon. Basically Kvitova is getting overrated again due to more grand slam exploits however she is showing signs of returning to mediocrity, just like she did after Wimbledon. Labouring to victories over the likes of Manasieva and Barbara Strycova. On the whole she is very unreliable and beatable in the bread and butter tournaments like these. She's also probably pretty drained after her Fed Cup exploits along with the Aussie Open, so she should be ripe for pickings against Wickmayer, who leads the head to head 3-1 and also disposed of Zakapolova pretty impressively today. Wickmayer should wear Kvitova down in three at worst. GL! :hope

Sport Tennis Event Mello v Andujar Selection Mello Strength 10/10 Date 10/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.70 Reasoning Most appealing play of the day for me. Mello at home playing well, as he often raises his level. Good wins over Giraldo (possible tired) and especially against Monantes I think he can do the job here. Like going against Andujar int his spot, beat Robredo yesterday which was a good win for him but Robredo likely tired from last week and his tough match against Fognini (he really wanted to win!). So I favour Mello quite a bit here, and this price is reasonable.
Cheers mate, needed that after a bad day. Very easy win for Mello...:ok

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 A few more for me ... one played tonight and two tomorrow. - Juan Martin Del Potro -4 games AH (vs Lukas Lacko) @ 2.05 with Pinnacle (3pts) This is a tournament where Del Potro can start to pick up some ranking points as he looks to get back into the Top 100 and I'm sure he'll see this as an entirely winnable match. He looked pretty good in his R1 match with Gabashvili - he served well and made inroads on the Russian's serve - and Lacko isn't a million miles away from the same sort of player as Teimuraz. He's a very explosive player who can be hit or miss, and quite often it's hard to catch him on a good day. I think he benefitted from Querrey's lack of nous off the deck in his win over the American and besides, Sam's not been in the best form lately. Del Potro will offer an altogether sterner test because he can fire from off the deck. The Argentine seems to be slowly regaining his form and the more he plays, the more confident he becomes with his wrist. I think he'll be too solid for Lacko, who gets very flaky and rash when he's chasing a match. Del Potro beat him in Bratislava five years ago 6-2 6-2, which was admittedly a while ago but does show that he can handle the Slovak. Four games is not an unreasonable task. If Del Potro fires, and I believe he will, he'll cover this. - Over 23 games AH (Marin Cilic vs Viktor Troicki) @ 1.952 with Pinnacle (2pts) I think it's really hard to pick an obvious winner in this one and the line could quite feasibly be covered if both men play to their best. Troicki has had an oustanding season thus far and revels in these quick conditions. He is a very difficult man to break with his deep, poweful serve and he's improved immensely on his return and rally game. Cilic will be tougher than Schoorel and Nieminen - the quality gap for starters - but also because he's comes into this match a little more confident after a good win over Melzer. The Austrian played below-par but Cilic came through it. He's got a pretty good record over the Serb, leading the H2H 5-1 - although it's worth noting that two of the four three-set ties they've played have either hit or covered this line. With the courts playing very quick and both men evenly matched in both departments, I think we're in for a very close match. This line could be covered in two close sets, and with the price holding plenty of juice, this feels an attractive bet. - Milos Raonic -2.5 games AH (vs Ricardas Berankis) @ 1.87 with Pinnacle (2pts) Two young guns go head-to-head here and I've got to fancy Raonic, all things considered. The big Canadian has breezed through his matches so far here and serving very well and hitting his forehand even better. Quick courts really suit his style of play and I think he'll have enough to beat Berankis by a few games. The Lithuanian obviously possesses good talent but I wasn't impressed with him mentally against Young. Both men showed plenty of nerves but Young was worse. Berankis will be put under a lot of pressure on his own serve because getting a foothold on Raonic's will be tough, and I'm not sure he's mature enough to deal with that. Off the deck, he can probably outsmart Raonic, but he'll need to keep his first serve percentage up, otherwise Raonic will swing for him. Against Young he only averaged 49% first serve and that will not be enough here. These courts suit players with power and I think Raonic has more of that and more momentum. Happy to back him here. :hope

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Berankis were 2:5 down in deciding set, and you speaking that you were not impressed mentality of Berankis? :) anyway Milos looks fav here, but Berankis playing some good tennis lately, he's improving very much and i think no bet here. Maybe over looks tempting, but i will fancy to go away from this.

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Fancy Raonic in that one for sure but his price has gone. Anyway I'm taking Ljubo on the handicap vs Baghdatis tomorrow. I get that Baghdatis has a 4-1 winning record(excluding exhibition) over Ljubicic but matches seemed fairly tight. Anyway Baghdatis at 1.407 seems way too low to me despite beating Murray and Lopez one of those disinterested and the other a clown. Ljubo's can be a dangerous player on a fast surface once he gets some momentum in a tournament and he's come through Stakhovsky and Paire easily. Not great opponents but he was still a class above and I expect this match to be tight....2 tight sets gives the handicap a chance, Ljubo winning a set should see it covered. Value here IMO. Ljubicic +3.5 games over Baghdatis @ 2.090 (Pinnacle:4pts)

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 @ Fizruhas - Berankis only won because Young bottled it big time, and Berankis bottled it when a set and a break up. I don't doubt his ability but he still has much to learn for me. Scrabbling about in a final set with Donald Young isn't good enough form, IMO. @ Czech - tremendous shouts tonight. Loving your work. A few other goodies from kronko too, bookies won't be liking this thread!

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Thanks a lot guys. Even if Bellucci loses (struggling with an injury it seems, but not going to retire), which seems likely, a profit was made again. The unfortunate truth is that I am not having much enjoyment out of it myself, because I have some rather serious real-life issues. However, it seems that I will get out of those problems quite soon, which will be a huge relief indeed. One to end the day though. (3/10) G.Monfils (-4) to bt. R.Kendrick @ 1.99 at Pinnacle Yes, he can clown around. But he usually gets the job done notheless and Kendrick is struggling to keep up nowadays. He is a little bit older and has problems with pace. He beat Kunitsyn, but that is not a real test by any means, while Monfils is the real deal obviously. I thought the handicap would be -4.5 at the price, so I am happy to take it with the additional cover. Even with his usual downs, Monfils should see it through.

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 (5/10)F.Verdasco-(I.Karlovic) X( P.Starace)-O.Dolgopolov Jr. @ 2.28 WIN (2/10) R.Soderling-P.Kohlschreiber - over 21.5 @ 1.90 WIN (2/10) T.De Bakker-M.Youznhy-De Bakker+3 @ 1.90 LOSS Another great day,good profit was made,too bad for Baker,but still nice profit.If anyone followed I congratulate.:ok

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 (5/10) A.Dolgopolov-(R.Mello) X M.Raonic-(R.Berankis) @2.40 Raonic is in great form this week and I think that he is good enough to beat Berankis,Berankis was lucky so far but this is end of the road for him.Dolgo is great player and for me he's favorite for this tournament,Mello had some great resaults but he is too weak for Dolgo. This is my only bet for today,hope that will be a success.:hope

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Berankis to bt. Raonic 2.35 (5/10) It's a 50/50 match at least and it's worth going with bigger odds. You count the match with Young important. Well I've seen that match and for some reason I believe that Berankis went on neutral gear for a long time in that match. Still he managed to win. Berankis likes as well fast surfaces. So it will be competetive match. Going with better odds.

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Juan Martin Del Potro v Lleyton Hewitt Hewitt 2.310 Pinnacle The former World No. 4 is through to the quarter-finals or better for the first time since reaching the final at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals in November 2009, but admitted he wasn’t back to full strength yet. Hewitt will take this. I am overconfident in Hewitt when his opponent is'nt back to full strenght. At the same time Hewitt has reached the final of San Jose two times and one of the finals he won. I am not worried about Hewitt losing one set to Dabul or dropping serve to Phau. My money goes on Hewitt with the better odds.

- Juan Martin Del Potro -4 games AH (vs Lukas Lacko) @ 2.05 with Pinnacle (3pts) WIN
First set was a cakewalk for Delpo, winning it 6-1. Second set was tougher - he saved two set points - but he came through well, covering the line with a bit to spare.

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 I've said before I think Hewitt can even win the title. Hewitt has played San Jose four times and last time he went out in first round losing to Mardy Fish. I don't trust Verdasco or Monfils when Hewitt is around. Anything can happen in a match between Verdasco and Hewitt if they go through. Semifinal: Istomin/Nando vs Hewitt/Del Potro

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Hi guys, 1 more pick: WTA PARIS: WICKMAYER TO DEFEAT KVITOVA @1.74 pinnacle Kvitova is very tired right now. She arrived to Paris on Monday after playing two Fed Cup matches commenting on her blog "i am very tired right now". After two long matches in Paris, especially 3 hours match yesterday against Zahlavova-Strycova she surely is not at her best. Wickmayer is a solid player with more variety to her game and a head-to-head is 3:1 to Wickmayer.

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 One more for me today ... - Marcos Baghdatis (vs Ivan Ljubicic) x Nicolas Almagro (vs Juan Ignacio Chela) @ 2.14 with Stan James (2pts) Fancy both of these players to win, although I wouldn't be so trusting of the handicaps. Baghdatis is playing very well this week. Good win over Murray followed by an impressive performance against Lopez, where he stayed focused and took his chances. He's up against another big server in Ljubicic here but I feel he's got enough to take this. He leads the H2H 4-1, although their last match was in 2008, so the big Croat is a decent enough match-up for him. Ljubcic's run here hasn't been too taxing - he beat Stakhovsky and Paire - but he was broken in both those matches and for bits of the second set, Paire had a look-in. For me, he's always going to struggle against top players in quicker conditions these days, especially in rallies. Marcos will move him about and craft points, which won't help Ljubicic. Handicap is a bit shy at -3.5 games, so I'll double him up with Almagro, who takes on Chela in Costa do Sauipe. Chela's done really well to get this far but I don't fancy him here. He's played a lot of tennis - two gruelling three-setters with Dutra da Silva and Kubot - before his facile win over Bellucci, who picked up an injury early doors. Almagro leads the H2H and is playing some good aggressive clay court tennis. He's got the stronger serve and has more power in his strokes, and I feel he can hit past a fatigued Chela. Might not be a thumping but fancy the Spaniard to progress in this one too. :hope