** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Tennis - February 7-13

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 I had some ok results for singles of my own at the end of last week with small profit but I posted then because I thought it was needed. Nobody had thoughts about the Starace/Giraldo match where I really felt it would go Giraldos way in three sets. But this week I could not have done mutch better myself.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 (5/10)F.Verdasco-(I.Karlovic) X( P.Starace)-O.Dolgopolov Jr. @ 2.28 Verdasco is favorite for the tournament and I don't think that Ivo can stop him.Ivo had some injury and he is not ready yet.Verdasco should win,I think something like 7-5 6-3. I saw Dolgo yesterday and he was good against Ramirez,Starace played semi's in last tournament and he should be at least a little tired.Dolgo is better player and he should beat Starace. (2/10) R.Soderling-P.Kohlschreiber - over 21.5 @ 1.90 Soderling played great in first round but I think that Kohlschreiber could make some problems for Soderling and 6-4 7-5 seems possible.They played before and all matches were long and difficult. (2/10) T.De Bakker-M.Youznhy-De Bakker+3 @ 1.90 Youznhy is much better player than De Bakker but Bakker plays at home and Youznhy already had some strange losses in his career so it could even happend that Bakker win but I think that Bakker will fight and give everything to win the match.+3 seems more than possible. :hope

Re: Tennis - February 7-13

(5/10)F.Verdasco-(I.Karlovic) X( P.Starace)-O.Dolgopolov Jr. @ 2.28 Verdasco is favorite for the tournament and I don't think that Ivo can stop him.Ivo had some injury and he is not ready yet.Verdasco should win,I think something like 7-5 6-3. I saw Dolgo yesterday and he was good against Ramirez,Starace played semi's in last tournament and he should be at least a little tired.Dolgo is better player and he should beat Starace. (2/10) R.Soderling-P.Kohlschreiber - over 21.5 @ 1.90 Soderling played great in first round but I think that Kohlschreiber could make some problems for Soderling and 6-4 7-5 seems possible.They played before and all matches were long and difficult. (2/10) T.De Bakker-M.Youznhy-De Bakker+3 @ 1.90 Youznhy is much better player than De Bakker but Bakker plays at home and Youznhy already had some strange losses in his career so it could even happend that Bakker win but I think that Bakker will fight and give everything to win the match.+3 seems more than possible. :hope
That Starace played semis won't have any effect on how he plays today. I mean a semi played on the same continent and they are professionals who gets payed to play tennis. Verdasco should have been tired last year but he went to final in Monaco, final in Barcelona and semi in Rome and showed no signs of fatigue. Dolgo should beat Starace but in most cases I don't think players are tired after one week of tennis. When Hewitt had won Houston clay challenge he went out in first round of Monaco against Safin. That was because Hewitt went from one continent to another and he was jetlaged. That sort of circumstance may have affection but going to a semi in one tournament on the same continent as another should not be a reason to go against a player the week after his semi appearance. Kohlschreiber always make problems for the top dogs. He consistently does it. De Bakker is improving and has one year of more experience so he should put up a good fight as he usually does.

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Scheepers to beat Amanmuradova @ 1.917 (Pinnacle:4pts) Happy to play Scheepers as a slight fave here. Still not convinced by Amanmuradova...she had a good run last summer in the US but since then her form dipped alot. Same thing at the start of this year with losses to Safarova(expected) and Morita, Barrois(both as a fave). She beat Zheng in rd 1 here but hardly a great display as she was broken quite alot and Zheng was playing her first match in months returning from wrist injury, and also cant serve. Scheepers no world beater but think she is in better shape for this....3rd at the AO and beat Malek well in rd 1 this week. GL!

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Hey guys, first post here but I've been using the football section of PL for the past couple years for my weekend football betting. Anyways I've never really considered betting on other sports. Normally just do it to make the football a little more interesting to follow, and overall I definietly lose money with my football bets. Anyways, a friend of mine was telling me that tennis is the sport which offer a realistically good chance of making long-term profits. I was wondering if any of the punters on this thread are an example of this, and genuinely do make profits and are worth following? Thanks for replies in advance.

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 homunculus: free streams are working fine for me Shear3r: yes, the general knowledge is that soccer is one of the least profitable, as everyone bets on it and the bookies get the odds right most of the time. Some of the best punters here are definitely worth following - Atko and IAmGonner are good punters and well-respected around here. I would say that I may be worth following too.

Few shouts on today. Considered Baggy but not 100% over his fitness. Also looked into Llodra with the handicap but not entirely convinced with the Frenchman yet. James Blake vs Milos Raonic- Raonic -2.5 game handicap- 4/5 Bet365- (5/10) Slight bit of risk with this one as it's very much experience against power. Raonic has impressed me in both the AO and again yesterday against Malisse where he failed to drop serve. He hit the ball cleanly and his forehand was filled with immense power and I reckon Blake will struggle to keep up to pace with the youngster. The American's match against Levine was his first of the season so he will still be looking to get his eye back in but due to Raonic's sheer power, Blake won't be able settle or get any rhythm. At the back end of last year he lost to Nieminen and Kubot indoors and he failed to do much throughout the year. Raonic should be pretty confident here and even with one tight set, Raonic should be able to get a read on Blake's serve and break at least once bringing the handicap into play. Marin Cilic vs Jurgen Melzer- Melzer -1.5 game handicap- 10/11 Bet365- (5/10) Just been robbed in this one as someone must have lumped on Cilic as the outright for both is around the 1.9 mark and the handicap I've taken is above evens. Not sure why the shift in odds, haven't heard anything on this one. Cilic as Atko says has looked pretty average in his recent matches. Last week Mayer really dominated the match from start to finish with Marin hitting wild shots way off the court. Melzer is the kind of guy, being a left hander who will make Cilic run about and use the angles in his favour. With his wide kick serve, he should get a number of cheap points against Cilic who isn't the most mobile of guys. The Austrian has had good success indoors in the past and I feel he should beat Cilic here who at the minute isn't anywhere near his best. Richard Berankis vs Donald Young- Berankis -2.5 game handicap- 4/5 Bet365- (5/10) Not much to add that Czech and IAG haven't said already with this one. Young just about scraped through against Brown yesterday but an on song Berankis is a much better player. His all round game is quite solid and he beat Becker, who is also a better player than Young in straight sets yesterday which will give Berankis some confidence. He made the quarters here last tim round and fully expect him to at least get past the American here.
WIN LOSS LOSS Should have been in profit but Berankis choked. Melzer was poor but Raonic did the job. Haven't had a good day in a while it seems :\

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 ATP Brasil Open Selection Aleksandr Dolgopolov (1,2 1/2) (Each-way) Strength 7/10 Date 12/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price Coral @ 5.00 Aleksandr Dolgopolov is in a fantastic run after the big achivement at Australian Open The Dog strikes again in Brasil.He is now performing really well on clay showing some good skills and movement his (for me) a wild card here which is worth a shot.This is just all in and to comment Almagro,Bellucci or even Starace is unnecessary. The Dog!

Anyone taking the handicap on Istomin? I´ve seen him play and IMO he is very talented and way better player than Rusell but for some reason sometimes he has trouble beating this kind of average players...
I've decided against it. I've had Istomin in my mind now for two days and I can't find enough to back him. I watched him play Borvanov on Monday and he was the better player by far, but he's very wasteful off the deck and wasn't finding his length. Both men served well and Denis will be tough to break, but Russell beat him last year in Miami and is a difficult man to play when you rely solely on power, as Istomin does, because the American will vary the play and move him up and down the court. Conditions suit Istomin's game perfectly too, so there's an advantage there, but his recent form has been poor and I wouldn't let a win over Borvanov tell me that he's back to his best like he was last summer. I don't trust Istomin enough yet, so I won't be backing him. If he plays to his best however, he really should be beating Russell indoors.

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Anywhere but the US and Istomin would look a gift. No doubt he's better than Russell but at least you know the American will be motivated to win here. Plus Istomin lost 1 and 0 to Seppi last month....come on. Seppi is solid but that's just bad. Nothing would surprise me in that one but I wont regret dodging Istomin if he does win.

Fishy getting put through the mill by Kvitova.Real fight with Strycova. And Ljubo schools Paire 6-0 in the first set!
She's really struggling tbh. Had the mini-break in the tie breaker but now looks like it's heading the distance. Don't fancy this tbh.

Fingers crossed mate. Break point conversion is worrying. I have Kvitova in an accumulator I have going on the side but every player I back this week is struggling to convert bp's so I fear the worst here. Think I jinxed your bet Fishy! Break for Strycova.
Yeah not your biggest fan tbh mate ;)

- Ivan Ljubicic -3.5 games (vs Benoit Paire) @ 1.962 with Pinnacle (3pts) WIN
Very comfortable win for big Ljubi. Bagel in the first set and although Paire came back into it in the second, one always felt the Croat would see it through.