** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - February 7-13

Re: Tennis - February 7-13

Big drift on Melzer. Was 1.70 yesterday' date=' now 2.00. Maybe people are put off by Melzer's display against Huta Galung.[/quote'] Yep, that is exactly the reason that put me off. And to boost it, Cilic is 4-2 against the Austrian, so Melzer is not exactly dominating the match-up in any way. If the odds opened at 2.00 on Melzer, I might have been tempted, but I am not now (even with this shift). But best of luck to those on Melzer :hope

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Hi guys, 2 more picks for ATP matches: ATP BRAZIL: CHELA TO DEFEAT KUBOT @1.52 unibet ATP ROTTERDAM: BERDYCH TO DEFEAT TURSUNOV @1.35 betfair Kubot is not a clay court player and playing Chela who is just so consistent and always has some good results on South American clay. Berdych is a definite top 10 player nowdays, Tursunov actually is a great fast court player very explosive shots and big serve – plays similarly to Berdych actually, but is definitely a level lower especially coming from an injury break.

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Machado (-2) vs Volandri (4/10) @pinnacle 2.1 This is basically a bet against Volandri. There is no doubt about that his best years are gone and now he is more a challenger player than an atp player. I think the line is so shor cause he made it pass Hanescu in first round, but everyone here knows the romanian´s reputation so i´m not going to explain how he is capable of throwing matches. Pippo is not moving in the court as he used to and he can´t serve at all so every game he does not get free points at all. As a parameter, Machado took last week a set from Belluchi, to whom Volandri lost 2/6 2/6. The H2H between these players also shows a win for Machado. :hope

Horrible from Melzer. Really bad all round from him.
Aye, miserable performance :( Could see the break coming at 5-4, so got involved in a bit of in-play to try and save the bet with Cilic to break at 4.50. Don't normally like mentioning an in-play salvo, but since everyone else does it, why the hell not :tongue2 Not seeing much else today. Plenty of matches, especially in Costa do Sauipe, but many seem unpredictable. I'll see what everyone else thinks later - already tailing on Berankis.

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 I will take one from Rotterdam on a second thought, the price went up a little bit. And Baghdatis seems overhyped right now :D Match not over yet though. (3/10) V.Troicki (-2.5) to bt. J.Nieminen @ 2.01 at Pinnacle I would not rate Ferrer yesterday highly, as the guy has no serve, which is important on this surface. On the other hand, Troicki does and he is playing well indoors in general. Great confidence boost since the Davis Cup and he is still running on it, so I cannot see a reason why he should not win this.

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 my respects to the people who took Baghdatis's plus handicap against Murray, though i didn't follow it. i just skipped that match. i really didn't expect Murray loses this match, after his poor performance in the AO final against Djokovic...

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Total clown, seriously. Up to that point in the second set, he has not even lost a point on serve! And then has 3 break points right in the first game of the third set and throws them away. That guy has some mental issues. Hopefully, Troicki can cover the handicap to make it even for the day. Otherwise it is a small loss for me, but I can bear it after yesterday.

Machado (-2) vs Volandri (4/10) @pinnacle 2.1 This is basically a bet against Volandri. There is no doubt about that his best years are gone and now he is more a challenger player than an atp player. I think the line is so shor cause he made it pass Hanescu in first round, but everyone here knows the romanian´s reputation so i´m not going to explain how he is capable of throwing matches. Pippo is not moving in the court as he used to and he can´t serve at all so every game he does not get free points at all. As a parameter, Machado took last week a set from Belluchi, to whom Volandri lost 2/6 2/6. The H2H between these players also shows a win for Machado. :hope
WIN Machado just lost 3 games and covered the handicap easily! hope someone followed!

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist (but I will anyway) but I think some of these so called favourites just don't give a damn on the less important/famous tournaments. I also reckon some of them make a bit of money going against the odds. Some players have been playing 10 years and they've barely made half a million dollars in that time. If you think about it, lawyers, investment bankers etc make much more that that in around half the time. Surely, some players nearing the end of their mediocre careers try and cash in by using ''insider information''? And what could be more inside than actually playing the game?

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Forgot to add this bet. (3/10) T.Berdych (-4) to bt. D.Tursunov @ 2.08 at Pinnacle I think this has the potential to get into -4.5 when we get closer to the match. Berdych was mighty impressive against Garcia-Lopez, while Tursunov was unconvincing in his matches. The Czech has a lot of experience with playing him, leading the H2H 4-1 and has been improved a lot in the past year or so.

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 (3/10)J.Nieminen-V.Troicki-Troicki -2.5 @ 1.85 WIN (3/10) M.Llodra-J.W.Tsonga-Llodra+2.5 @ 1.85 WIN (2/10)O.Dolgopolov Jr.-R.H.Ramirez-Dolgopolov-4.5 @ 1.95 LOSS Another great day,good profit,it would be better but Dolgo was one game short.If anyone followed I congratulate.:ok

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Wickmayer vs Zakopalova OVER 20.5 games @ 1.877 (Pinnacle:4pts) Fancy overs here. Wickmayer is flaky at the best of times...loads of power but she can go walkabouts too making loads of errors. She was supposed to be carrying a knock but beat Vesnina in 2 today so assuming she's good to go. Zaka is classy on her day....easy win over Bacsinszky in 2 sets...this will be tougher and her serve isnt the best, but on the ground she can hang with Wickmayer IMO and fancy overs when she's facing a ballbasher like the Belgian. GL!

- Jurgen Melzer (vs Marin Cilic) @ 1.87 with Pinnacle (6pts) LOSS - Marcos Baghdatis +4.5 games AH (vs Andy Murray) @ 1.80 with Skybet (5pts) WIN
Meh, not brilliant. Baghdatis' win was surprising considering Murray was a double break up, but I'm not caring, it got me out of the mire. Melzer was god awful and I suspect his season won't hit the heights of last. Well done kronko and martinhatrick, some good calls today :ok

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Only Rotterdam order of play and odds up for tomorrow. This will be my only bet in Holland tomorrow ... - Ivan Ljubicic -3.5 games (vs Benoit Paire) @ 1.962 with Pinnacle (3pts) I think this line is a smidgen generous on the big Croat here. Paire did well to take out Simon in three sets, but I though his opponent looked off-colour and even then, Paire had to really work for his win. He's got a nice enough game and having come through the qualifiers, conditions seem to suit him well. Ljubicic though will be a tough nut for him to crack. He likes this tournament, and as a past winner knows how to deal with the conditions. He's obviously got the serve to get him points here and I was quietly impressed with how he dealt with Stakhovsky in the last round. I agree with others that slower courts are where we see Ivan at his best, but he is still more than capable of performing well indoors. Paire met him in Melbourne a few weeks ago and took a set from him, so Ljubicic will know what to expect here. There is a gulf in quality and a four-game difference doesn't seem too much to ask from the Croat. :hope

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Two more early bets, but I am sure there will be something interesting in the American tournaments too. (3/10) B.Mattek to bt. M.Sharapova @ 1.82 at Bwin Well, get this with a one-ball bookie and hope for the best. First of all, you have to disregard the 0-5 record. Sharapova is not playing her best for some time and the showing at the Fed Cup is nothing she could be proud of. On the other hand, Mattek fought nicely against Clijsters and had an easy win in the first roun. Finally, she is apparently mildly ill and it is not even guaranteed that she will play. Definitely not in good condition and this bet looks good then. (3/10) M.Baghdatis (-3) to bt. F.Lopez @ 1.83 at Pinnacle Baghdatis was classy enough against Murray and I cannot see him not getting a win here. Lopez is in a horrible form right now. Losses to Tomic and Dancevic are pretty horrible, while the win over Mayer is not impressive, as I am pretty sure his injury still had some effect on his performance. From the baseline, he has no weapons and his serve-volley style has not been working for him too much this season. Definitely can see this being -3.5 tomorrow.

All you who post great tips are the reason I don't post myself. Why would I need it even if I can when theres so many good posters here. Keep it up :ok
well, this guy is right. i could myself post something, but there are people who are much more better in predicting than i am... good reasoning, analizing. my best regards to Atko, as well as CzechPunter and all of you. you guys doing a great job. most of the times i lose, because i don't make single bets. all of them are "express" (in one tight), at least we call it like this here in Kazakhstan... good luck