** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2010

kevshat

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2010 And one last one, well 2 really. 3pts T.Hankey (+3.5 legs) to beat P.Taylor 8/11 Blue Square 1pt T.Hankey to beat P.Taylor 7.22 Pinnacle Ted Hankey played well last night to ensure the game we all wanted to see has something on it. As I said above, when Ted plays his A game he's one of the best 10 players in the world and there were signs that he's brought something like his A game with him. We'll only really see that when the format gets a bit longer but the format should help him here. He's a devastating scorer when he gets going and if he catches Taylor on another bad night then he can keep this close. Taylor's missed loads of doubles on TV recently so if Hankey can keep his cool and hit his doubles this should be a cracking contest. Obviously tonight there's a chance that the crowd disrupts Ted's focus but if he keeps himself together there's a chink in the armour of the great one so I'll take Ted to win at least 2 legs and then build from there and maybe even snatch this one at a big price.

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2010 One for me. A.Lewis (-1.5 legs) to beat C.Stompe, 3pts @ Evs BlueSq Jackpot, a slow starter normally, didn't play that badly yesterday but Phillips was excellent in taking him out 5-2. He know he needs a win and, in a group, where legs could be important, he'll be out to take this impressively. Remains in good form and I saw nothing yesterday to believe he won't be back tonight. Stompe meanwhile was hammered in the first 4 legs against Waites, going 4 down before fighting back to 4-4 only to lose in a last leg decider. Too inconsistent for me and if Lewis comes out with the right attitude, I'd be very confident in him running out a 5-3 or better winner.

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2010 have to say guys i have a feeling that Taylor's displey in his first game may have been to con Hankey, now if there is one thing Taylor loves more than himself it's getting it right up Hankey these two met in a exhibition match just up the road from me in Inverness a month or so back, with the power winning 11-4 although i have heard that during the game Taylor threw darts left handed and under arm much to Ted's annoyance who, in the bulild up to the game said he was going to travel up in a hearse beecause when he was finished with Taylor then the Powers career would be dead! any way a much anticipated game and i am not going to write off Taylor (not yet anyway) i expect him to give Ted a lesson and he will hype up the crowd against Hankey

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2010 P.Nicholson to beat R.Baxter 5-4, 1pt @ 6/1 Stan James P.Nicholson to beat R.Baxter 5-3, 1pt @ 13/2 Stan James I think Nicholson played pretty well yesterday and another performance like that will be enough to take out Baxter here. Baxter himself was ok but didn't have to play that well to beat the Adonis. Nicholson is a solid player who battles well and doesn't win by much. With that in mind and the fact I fancy him to win & progress to the next round here, I feel coupling 5-4 and 5-3 correct scores is the way to go and around 5/2 seems a cracking price.

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2010 Getting punished tonight Sport Darts Event van Barneveld v Lloyd Selection Lay Lloyd (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 15/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 3.01 Reasoning Changing tact here, and going for a fav in the later game. Don't like Lloyd much, often flatters to deceive. Was good against Fitton and come through a tough game but this is a step up. Barney beat a woman in the first game, can't read anything into that, although it gets him going in the tournament. He seems to struggle these days in the longer games, but I'll take him in a sprint to beat Lloyd.

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2010

G.Anderson to beat W.Jones 5-1' date= 1pt @ 8/1 Bet365 G.Anderson to beat W.Jones 5-2, 2pts @ 5/1 Bet365
P.Nicholson to beat R.Baxter 5-4' date= 1pt @ 6/1 Stan James P.Nicholson to beat R.Baxter 5-3, 1pt @ 13/2 Stan James
Pleased with those 2. That's 11pts staked so far this week, 19.5pts returned for a 8.5pts profit:ok Away for a couple of days now so may struggle to get bets on.

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2010 Have anyone else noticed the bet bwin offered live? Over 6.5 legs at 1.72 before the match started. Was lucky enough to get on it, since it got pulled down pretty early. Bwin sometimes offers gifts in every sport in live betting, but they do not offer too many bets for darts....thanks for that one then.

Have anyone else noticed the bet bwin offered live? Over 6.5 legs at 1.72 before the match started. Was lucky enough to get on it' date=' since it got pulled down pretty early. Bwin sometimes offers gifts in every sport in live betting, but they do not offer too many bets for darts....thanks for that one then.[/quote'] Surely, that's pretty much the same at +3.5 legs Hankey at 8/11 offered by many bookies?

Seriously pi$$ed off... spent ages writing up 0.5pt EW about Wes Newton... 85/1 with VC is too big... BSQ go 33/1.... Just go to PDC Newsdesk (http://www.pdc.tv/page/Newsdesk/0' date=,10180,00.html) and read about his exploits Friday, Saturday and Sunday... I can't be bothered to do it again.... f**king backspace...ARGH!!!
Needs to improve, but still legs... not out yet!
Don't get me wrong, I think Taylor will tear chunks at the world championship but I've got a hunch he might get a bit more motivation with a defeat here somewhere along the line! Might even give us backable odds for Ally Pally:lol As eluded to earlier: Nicholson not to qualify from group - Betfred - 5/4 - 3pts Has done next to nothing since winning the Players and finds himself in a bit of a group of death. Young Aaron Monk, who I have tipped previously is playing well having made it here through making the final of the U21 world finals and is capable of causing an upset or 2 in this group, each time he plays on TV he should get better and Better. Baxter needs no introduction and may be out to prove a point in that he may be upset Nicholson was seeded ahead of him! Beaton has also been playing well in recent months and with his fluency can give anyone a good game on his day. All in all. As Kev has said you could make a case for any to go through and any to go out! With that in mind I think there is value in opposing Nicholson.
Unlikely now, but not impossible.... much to theoldmaster's delight :tongue2
I've boiled it down to 3 BDO players who have the best chance of qualifying from their group.Waites, Chisnall and O'Shea. Basically I can't see any of the rest getting through. Having taken a look at the odds and not being able to present a better case for one over another, I've decided to Dutch the three favourites! Furthest BDO player -Sportingbet Chisnall 4/1 stake 2.063pts O'Shea 4/1 stake 2.063pts Waites 9/2 stake 1.875pts Total staked = 6pts Return if any 1 wins = 10.313pts Profit if any 1 wins = 4.313pts :hope
O'shea and waites 2 wins from 2... Chisnall should get through if he beats Osborne. Hankey, Phillips, Hendo and Fitton all still alive and kicking as well, BDO are putting up a better display than previous years.... Most important thing as far as the bet goes is that none are out yet!
I'm turning into cramer and having a longshot! Hankey to beat Taylor 8.2 Betfair - 1pt I reckon if Hankey played like he did yesterday against Taylor playing how he did yesterday... Hankey would've won... that alone makes these odds too big. Best bookie odds are sportingbet 11/2 (6.5). We all know Hankey can play and score with the best of them and I saw enough against Newton to think he's learnt how to play proper darts with this wolverhampton crowd giving him stick. Taylor's scoring was OK but his doubling was poor and Hankey will get his chances, thanks to his scoring power he will get a few chances, even if Taylor improves, which I fully expect him to. Plenty of motivation and odds like these are enough for me to hope Hankey's finishing is second to none and he brings this little speculative punt in!
Not going to make a mountain out of a molehill.... BUT.... the tide is turning... Half of Taylors dominance was the long standing belief that 95% of players were beaten before a dart was thrown... the last few months events have removed that doubt from a lot of players minds... with each win... EVERY player has a little more belief when they face the Power! Anyway.... +7.84pts (after commission) thanks to Hankey which should cover any outright losers and give a platform for some more winners like everyone else on here! Some top work by this thread already!!

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2010 Well, so what do you guys think about the next bunch? The interesting underdogs are: Thornton - 3.20 when neither of them has much to play for? Osborne - 2.11 if he repeats something close to what he produced against Whitlock he should win Webster - 2.75 is surely too big a price in best of 9 Hard to see any other upsets happening.

Tuesday 16 November 2010Player 1 Player 2BPP
maximize.gifO'Shea, T v Pipe, J (18:10 GMT) 1.28 4.42 100.40 %
maximize.gifWhitlock, S v Thornton, R (18:45 GMT) 1.42 3.25 101.19 %
maximize.gifJenkins, T v Bromberg, S (19:20 GMT) 1.02 27 101.71 %
maximize.gifJones, W v Hylton, M (19:55 GMT) 1.26 4.5 101.04 %
maximize.gifKing, M v Henderson, J (20:30 GMT) 1.33 3.85 100.97 %
maximize.gifAnderson, G v Webster, M (21:05 GMT) 1.5 2.88 101.39 %
maximize.gifOsborne, C v Chisnall, D (21:40 GMT) 2.1 1.87 101.09 %
maximize.gifWade, J v van der Voort, V (22:15 GMT) 1.41 3.5 99.49 %

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2010 I haven't seen Stacy Bromberg play so would like the opinion of others on this bet: Stacy Bromberg +4.5 legs @ 11/10 Her 3 dart average is poor but she's managed to win a leg against mervyn king and 2 legs against john henderson. As i've said i haven't seen her play so would like the opinion of others.

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2010 Great results in this thread so far guys:notworthy, just wish i'd had the balls to back hankey for the win last night. just wondering what sites you use to find out all the stats for each game so far in the tournement like averages and 180s etc... i can find anything anywhere.

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2010 Going to take Tony O'shea -2.5 legs against Justin Pipe @ 8/11 Blue Square tonight, O'shea has won his first 2 games convincingly 5-1 against wade and van der voort. He is in fine form on his doubles with 55% tournement average so far and a 97% three dart average, if he plays like in the first 2 games Pipe won't get many chances at a double let alone get 3 or more legs. One concern would be i think O'shea has quialified for next round already but hopefully he will come out and play his game.

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2010 One for me to begin with. 3pts S.Whitlock vs R.Thornton - Over 3.5 180s 5/4 Paddy Power This price is really good in a match between two heavy scorers. Thornton can really hit the 180's when he gets going and we all know how heavy Whitlock can score when he wants to. Even though he can't qualify I'm sure Whitlock will want to put on a performance to leave the Wolverhampton crowd with something to remember him by. Thornton has bagged more than 1 180 in both his matches so far and a repeat of that here would have this bet looking good. Even in defeat against Colin Osborne on Sunday night, the Wizard of Oz still managed to hit 3 180's in what wasn't a bad performance. I'd have thought this one would be 5-3 or 5-4 either way so we should get more than enough legs to bring in the required 4 180's in the 2nd match of the night.

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2010 Awful for me last night, try to recoup. Sport Darts Event Whitlock v Thornton Selection Thornton Strength 10/10 Date 16/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 3.25 Reasoning Tough match to call. Whitlock now out, but played great in his 2nd game and just came up against Osborne who was excellent aswell. Thornton has been solid so far and got 2 wins and is through. So nothing to play for really although Thornton would probably want to top the group. Think this price is worth playing, in a tough game to read.

Great results in this thread so far guys:notworthy, just wish i'd had the balls to back hankey for the win last night. just wondering what sites you use to find out all the stats for each game so far in the tournement like averages and 180s etc... i can find anything anywhere.
www.pdc.tv has all the stats you should need in the coverages (avgs, 180s, highest outs, legs against throw, etc.).

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2010 One more for me. 3pts V.van der Voort to beat J.Wade 12/5 Sportingbet Taking the slightly smaller price with sportingbet rather than corals as sportingbet have their lose in a deciding leg refund offer going. I do however think Vincent has every chance tonight against a misfiring James Wade. One worry would be when Wade needs to up it and show his class he usually does but over 9 legs that's no guarantee he'll win this one. Vincent hasn't played badly this week though and I think he's actually slowed his throw down enough and looks more deliberate this week which is good to see. This is nothing more than a shootout for the last 16 but someone who has the ability to score as heavily as what van der Voort does shouldn't be this price. He beat Taylor in a group game last year and there's nothing to say he can't beat Wade. I'd imagine he'll have to play well to do so but at a price which isn't far off a 1pt higher than it should be I'll take the lanky Dutchman to stick a real spanner in the works of the machine and send him home early.

www.pdc.tv has all the stats you should need in the coverages (avgs' date= 180s, highest outs, legs against throw, etc.).
sorry if im just being thick but i cant seem to find anything on there, isn't that just scoreboard on the live games. Say a wanted to find out about a game that happened last night or night before what would i click on in the menu?