Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2010

kevshat

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2010

Just do what I do... Stop thinking for yourself and just do what the guys on here suggest!!... Look at their running totals... Kev is over 30pts in profit and spooner nearly 20!!
Yeah, i know now :cryCongrats to you for doing that, I can only stick with Delboy's "This time next year..." Good luck today, I hope all of you will keep this great results

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2010 2 for me in this 1st semi final. 4pts S.Beaton Most 180's vs S.Waites 13/8 Skybet 3pts Over 28.5 legs 5/6 Bet365 Had Stevie Beaton beaten anyone but Phil Taylor last night I'd have been all over him this afternoon given the way he played in that match last night. However as we've seen many times in the past players find it hard to back up after the emotions of beating the great one the night before. Adrian Lewis was the latest casualty of that in the World Grand Prix. Beaton isn't one to get carried away but neither is say a John Part but he also lost the World Matchplay final having beaten Taylor in the semi final. Wayne Mardle is another high profile casualty. He beat Taylor in the World Championship in 2008 only to lose the following day to Kirk Shepherd in the semi final. So backing Beaton here has it's risks which is why I'll stick to backing him on the 180's. However Beaton plays today, he's scoring lovely and I fancy him to stick in a few maximums. I backed Scott Waites in the 180's market the other day but generally he's a serial 140 hitter but can't land the 3rd one in. These two have both hit 19 180's this week but only 7 of Waites have come in the knockout stages. Beaton has hit 14. So his scoring is going in the right direction and I think he's a superb price to hit the most 180s this afternoon. Both these players are evenly matched this week so I can't see either winning easily. Both are averaging 96 for the tournament so this will be a close match. In an ideal world I'd have liked the 16-12 on our side but I'm happy enough that this will be 16-13 or closer either way as both now know the title is very much within reach.

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2010 Sport Darts Event Wade v Jones Selection Lay Jones (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 21/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 3.30 Reasoning Very good from Jones yesterday, comeback really hurt me, hope he won't be doing it again. Now at the serious end of the tournament over a long format, has to be Wade. Wade was pretty good against Jenkins yesterday, had a couple of lapses but hit the double when he needed it with the crowd against him. Now Tayor is out, he can see another major tournament win and expect him to step up and win this.

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2010 And 2 for the 2nd semi final. 3pts W.Jones to beat J.Wade 12/5 Boylesports 4pts Over 27.5 legs 5/6 Stan James This is another match I think will be pretty close when all is said and done. Wade obviously has the ability to win this comfortably but Jones hangs on in matches. He rarely does anything special but he is solid and ultra consistent and we've seen that this week. Both these guys should be watching this semi final from home so both may well come out with a bit of freedom and provide a quality darts match. If it's half as good as the ones they were involved in yesterday this will be a good watch. Wade for me still isn't himself. The tournament now looks like it's his to win but as I mentioned yesterday, the Wanderer can be very dangerous when he's such an underdog. He's been at this stage in a major before and beyond it so nerves shouldn't be an issue. I think this will be a cracking match. I can't see either winning 16-11 or better so the overs looks good but with the crowd behind him I think Jones could well use that to propel him to a first Grand Slam final.

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2010 Can anyone explain why Beaton v Waites was first on and Wade v Jones after? Surley as Jones & Wade played in the afternoon yesterday they should be first on today allowing more rest time for Waites & Beaton? Does this happen often? its never something ive really looked at.

Can anyone explain why Beaton v Waites was first on and Wade v Jones after? Surley as Jones & Wade played in the afternoon yesterday they should be first on today allowing more rest time for Waites & Beaton? Does this happen often? its never something ive really looked at.
Double edged sword... Waites now has more time before the final than Jones or Wade...

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2010 Great shout on the 180's in the 1st semi kev. :clap 2 bets for me on the 2nd semi: 5pts James Wade to get the highest checkout @ 4/6 Paddy Power 3pts Over 27.5 legs @ 5/6 Paddy Power As kev said earlier this should be a tight semi and the overs looks like a really good bet. Also, gone for Wade to get the highest checkout. Wade is a terrific finisher as he proved again against jenkins whilst Jones never really convinces me that he will take out big numbers. Good Luck :hope

Can anyone explain why Beaton v Waites was first on and Wade v Jones after? Surley as Jones & Wade played in the afternoon yesterday they should be first on today allowing more rest time for Waites & Beaton? Does this happen often? its never something ive really looked at.
TV viewing figures. They'll always have the best match on last.

Great shout on the 180's in the 1st semi kev. :clap 2 bets for me on the 2nd semi: 5pts James Wade to get the highest checkout @ 4/6 Paddy Power 3pts Over 27.5 legs @ 5/6 Paddy Power As kev said earlier this should be a tight semi and the overs looks like a really good bet. Also, gone for Wade to get the highest checkout. Wade is a terrific finisher as he proved again against jenkins whilst Jones never really convinces me that he will take out big numbers. Good Luck :hope
Profit of 0.33pts :lol

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2010 Sport Darts Event Wade v Waites Selection Lay Waites (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 21/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 2.88 Reasoning Happy with Wadey in the final. He stepped up for the semi final and completely controlled it. Expect him to do the same in the final against Waites. Waites is still playing very well and took care of Beaton, but a final is a different story. Waites made the final last year and played well, but think this'll be another disappointment. Wade has the experience and is the proven winner, should see him through here.

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2010 Wade won but Beaton never really got going, +14.47pts into the final. 3.5pts S.Waites to beat J.Wade @ 15/8 Sportingbet Even if this bet fails profit has been assured in what's been an interesting week of darts, ive opposed Scott Waites in his last two matches and bkaced James Wade in his last two so why am I swapping here, well Scott doesn't look like holding up, ive been trying to find faults but his been pretty consistent and will be looking to put in a much better display than last years final. This has obviously been his goal to come back and give it another shot and I don't think he will throw this away, James will have something to say about that but he can be incosistent himself and if bringing his B game may struggle with Waites, should be a good contest and value with Waites in this final.

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2010 I wasn't going to have a bet on the final but paddy power have suprised me by offering james wade highest checkout over 120.50. That means we have the 121 on our side. He's beaten this line in each of the 3 knockout stages and i see no reason to doubt he'll do it again. I'm +4.16pts for the tournament so far so i'll stick it all on this bet: 4.16pts James Wade highest match checkout over 120.50 @ 5/6 Paddy Power Good luck all :hope

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2010 2 for me tonight. 6pts J.Wade (-2.5 legs) to beat S.Waites 5/6 Skybet 4pts Under 12.5 180's 5/6 Betfred I like James Wade tonight. He's been in this position plenty of times and although Waites has won a few BDO tournaments, he's rarely been at this stage in one of their majors. He made the final here last year but froze when he played Taylor. I don't think he'll freeze tonight but I don't think he's got the game to go toe to toe with Wade when the pressure is on. He's had it comfortable in the knockout stages really. His 3 opponents have all played their worst match of the tournament against him but I don't think Wade will do that tonight. Wade's records in major finals is superb. He's won every one which he hasn't faced Taylor in and he hasn't just won them, he's won them easily. In the Matchplay in 2007 he beat Jenkins 18-7, he beat the same opponent 6-3 in the Grand Prix final that year. Gary Mawson took an 11-7 beating in the 2008 UK Open final and Mervyn King went down 13-8 in the 2009 Premier League final. The latest one was Adrian Lewis who went down 6-3 in last month's Grand Prix final. Wade very much reaches the peak of his game in finals, a point proved when Taylor needed 2 9 dart finishes to beat him at Wembley in the Premier League earlier this year. Waites has been consistent in this tournament but I think Wade will make him up it another gear tonight. We don't really know what Waites can do from behind because he hasn't been behind in the KO stages this week. If Wade can get ahead I think he may well run away with this final too. With a lack of preparation time and emotions of the afternoon I don't think this will be a high standard final. Between them these two only hit 6 180's this afternoon and although Wade hit 6 yesterday neither have banged in a huge number on 180's in the knockout stages so I don't see there being an avalanche tonight. 12.5 is a high enough line for me to take the unders in a final I think Wade will win a shade comfortably.

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2010 Real bad result in that final for me. 18.33pt swing overall in that final to end the week on a real downer which is a shame as it was a good week and a hit double here or there could've been pushing the 100pt mark. Ended it +18.51 though which is something I guess. Good call on the final Spooner. Well done to all, and there's plenty of us in this thread, who made money this week. Yet another highly profitable darts thread. Bring on the world cup :cheers.

Real bad result in that final for me. 18.33pt swing overall in that final to end the week on a real downer which is a shame as it was a good week and a hit double here or there could've been pushing the 100pt mark. Ended it +18.51 though which is something I guess. Good call on the final Spooner. Well done to all, and there's plenty of us in this thread, who made money this week. Yet another highly profitable darts thread. Bring on the world cup :cheers.
Haven't you done yourself there mate? You said you lost 18.33 but I can only see an outlay of 10? Or am I missing something? Probably! I think it's fair to say... Jenkins missed darts at doubles against Wade cost us 33pt and probably the full 99! He'd've beaten Jones... Probably not to 6 but by 3 or 4 legs and an evens shout for the final... He wouldn't have gone 8-0 up but also would'n't've lost the last 20 by 16-4!!! Cest la vie all ifs and buts now!

Haven't you done yourself there mate? You said you lost 18.33 but I can only see an outlay of 10? Or am I missing something? Probably! I think it's fair to say... Jenkins missed darts at doubles against Wade cost us 33pt and probably the full 99! He'd've beaten Jones... Probably not to 6 but by 3 or 4 legs and an evens shout for the final... He wouldn't have gone 8-0 up but also would'n't've lost the last 20 by 16-4!!! Cest la vie all ifs and buts now!
An 18.33pt swing mate. At 8-0 both bets are looking rosy and leading to an 8.33pt profit. Turned into a 10pt loss so 18.33 swing. I agree, they certainly cost us the 33pts and a greater than 50/50 chance that it cost us the 99pts. Bit unlucky really. Not bad for a "lucky" punter eh :lol.