Tennis - US Open

Re: Tennis - US Open

[..snip..] Im considering the over 21.5 with paddy power at 10/11 venus to win 2-1 with paddy power at 9/2 venus to win the match out right with paddy power at 8/5 My bookie allows me to have all 3 on one multiple, what do you guys think? [..snip..]
I think your bookie is definitely somewhat simple-minded to allow you this all on one multi. What are the total odds of the multi?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - US Open Fairly sure you can't do those bets in a multi. Atko, Vera has a few 4th rounds at the US. I think the only positive for her IMO is the conditions might be still windy but other than that I think we'll see Woz in the final again.Only bet I'm considering is the over 20.5 line.

Re: Tennis - US Open My first main bet for a few days. Also hoping Wozniacki makes it through to the final as have her each way to win the women's side of things. Wozniacki vs Zvonareva Wozniacki -4.5 games handicap- 5/6 Bet365- 7/10 Even though I'm planting all my eggs in Carolline's basket (oh I wish), I still think she will get the job done here. Was actually expecting the handicap to be at 5.5 so 4.5 could only require one break set, with 6-3 6-4 doing the job. Was considering the unders, but the handicap would possibly cover a 3 setter, unlike the unders. Wozniacki is unbeaten for what it seems like a lifetime now and she has played exceptionally well, not buckling under the pressure of being the top seed. Yet to drop a set in the tournament and if it's windy again like it was the other day, she showed that she could cope with it and still get over the line. Zvonreva is also playing good tennis, and like the Dane, she is yet to drop a set in her 5 matches. She is in the form of her life atm its fair to say. Final in both the singles and doubles at Wimbledon and now reaching the semis here, with only one loss in her last 10 matches, but crucially that was a drubbing handed out to her by Wozniacki. As far as the stats go, H2H is two a piece but 2-1 in Wozniacki's favour on hard, with Caroline clearing the handicap in both of those. Thing that I don't like about the Russian is that she beats herself up over losing a few points, to which she struggles to overcome. With the way she's playing, can't see the Dane not making the final here and one comfortable set should cover the handicap.

My first main bet for a few days. Also hoping Wozniacki makes it through to the final as have her each way to win the women's side of things. Wozniacki vs Zvonareva Wozniacki -4.5 games handicap- 5/6 Bet365- 7/10 Even though I'm planting all my egs in Carolline's basket (oh I wish), I still think she will get the job done here. Was actually expecting the handicap to be at 5.5 so 4.5 could only require one break set, with 6-3 6-4 doing the job. Was considering the unders, but the handicap would possibly cover a 3 setter, unlike the unders. Wozniacki is unbeaten for what it seems like a lifetime now and she has played exceptionally well, not buckling under the pressure of being the top seed. Yet to drop a set in the tournament and if it's windy again like it was the other day, she showed that she could cope with it and still get over the line. Zvonreva is also playing good tennis, and like the Dane, she is yet to drop a set in her 5 matches. She is in the form of her life atm its fair to say. Final in both the singles and doubles at Wimbledon and now reaching the semis here, with only one loss in her last 10 matches, but crucially that was a drubbing handed out to her by Wozniacki. As far as the stats go, H2H is two a piece but 2-1 in Wozniacki's favour on hard, with Caroline clearing the handicap in both of those. Thing that I don't like about the Russian is that she beats herself up over losing a few points, to which she struggles to overcome. With the way she's playing, can't see the Dane not making the final here and one comfortable set should cover the handicap.
:rollin Don't we all mate!

Taking just one of the semies today. Backing Zvonareva to beat Wozzi. Vera Zvonareva to beat Caroline Wozniacki. 4.15 @ Bwin (4/10) [..snip..]
following you on the general idea, though I am not THAT greedy, so I take Zvonareva + 4.5 handicap. Just hope that Vera won't collapse mentally. :hope

Re: Tennis - US Open I'm going to hit the two men's semi-finals early. Fancy both Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer to come through their ties with little fuss. Rafael Nadal vs Mikhail Youzhny - Rafael Nadal -7 games AH @ 1.901 with Pinnacle (8/10) I just can't see anyone except Federer causing Nadal problems right now. I've been very impressed with how the Spaniard has been playing. There's a cool efficiency about him - lethal serving, destructive off both flanks and very focused. He seems like a man who wants this title badly. He's worked on his game, he's made modifications to suit the surface and he's yet to lose a set here. I don't think Youzhny is going to cause him too many issues here. Admittedly, the Russian has beaten him four times - Nadal leads 7-4 overall - but Nadal is a far better hard court player to the one that lost to Youzhny in Chennai two-and-a-half years ago. I just don't see Youzhny having the consistency on serve and off the deck to live with Nadal in his current form. The Spaniard has struggled at times with single-handed backhand players (Philipp Kohlschreiber, Stanislas Wawrinka) but in a semi-final, where getting the job done quickly is paramount with the final the next day, I think he'll come out all guns blazing. Youzhny is a player who can be overpowered and overawed. His run to the semis has been good but I'd say he's had a kind draw. Beating John Isner, Tommy Robredo and Wawrinka in the latter rounds is so different to playing Nadal. As talented as the Russian can be, there's not enough rhythm to his game, and he is a player who struggles with nerves. I can't see him being able to live with Nadal in this one, and I feel the Spaniard will be able to take one set in a 6-1/6-2 score, which would help towards this handicap. Happy to play Nadal -7 here. Novak Djokovic vs Roger Federer - Roger Federer -5 games AH @ 1.962 with Pinnacle (7/10) Djokovic has played himself into form this US Open and his last two performances have been very good against Mardy Fish and Gael Monfils. I think, however, his run is going to end here. Federer, much like Nadal, has looked pretty smooth this tournament. He's met every challenge that's faced him and swatted it aside. I thought Robin Soderling might cause him issues with his power but Federer completely neutralised it. Djokovic brings more to the table in terms of variation but I've seen enough cracks in the Serb's game to feel that he'll struggle. He's still offering too many gifts on serve, and he's still leaving the ball too short in court. Against Monfils, you can get away with that, as the Frenchman is too defensive, but Federer will swarm all over those sort of balls. I always feel every point is an effort for Djokovic these days - he makes life difficult for himself by throwing away leads in games (ie 30-0s, 40-15s) and that will harm him in the long run. Federer leads the H2H 10-5 and their last meeting was in Toronto a few weeks ago. Federer completely blitzed him for a set and then let Djokovic back in before the Swiss ultimately prevailed. I don't think he'll afford Djokovic the same luxury. This is a Slam, Federer's be-all and end-all, and he'll be ruthless. I also can't forget Djokovic's performance against Tomas Berdych in the Wimbledon semi-final. It was limp. I don't know if he froze in the moment but he has struggled since winning the Australian Open to bring his best game to the Slam table with the big boys. He couldn't beat an off-colour Federer at this stage of the tournament last year. Federer has got back to his highest level since then in this tournament. There could be a close set in here somewhere but I fancy Federer to get the job done with at least five games to spare. :hope

Re: Tennis - US Open Agree totally on Nadal, also think Fed has a good chance to cover the line too but will play Nadal as there's a bigger gulf in class between the two. Nadal -6.5 games over Youzhny @ 4/5 (Paddy Power:5/10) I think the h2h is not so relevant in this one, Nadal since 2007 has gone up a few levels. The key for me here is that 1) it's a grand slam semi final and 2) Youzhny IMO will not have enough in the tank to maintain a high level over 3-5 set match. He looked like he was having some troubles against Wawrinka when he called the trainer, and you really have to be 100% ready physically and mentally to compete with Nadal.How does Youzhny respond if Nadal takes the first set....game over at that point.The guy is relentless and should take at least one set pretty easily tomorrow I think which helps this bet.Youzhny's best hope is to come out of the traps quickly and nick a tight 1st set but even then he will lose...I suspect Rafa in 3 sets with one tight enough...hopefully covering this line....he's just too strong in every department.Wont be broken often, will get a look in a few Youzhny service games, better defender, better in rallies.....gonna be tough for Youzhny I feel. Absolutely incredible that Nadal could be looking at holding the French, Wimbledon and US at the same time especially considering his injuries and form last year.Even in the Masters loss to Murray a few weeks ago I thought it was a longshot for him to get to the final here. You can never write him off though. GL! Will watch Woz/Zvonareva tonight and see if there's any betting opportunites in-play. I think the over 20.5 games is a no-brainer but have a feeling not to go with it.

Re: Tennis - US Open Vera Zvonareva - Caroline Wozniacki Bet: Vera Zvonareva +4 @ 2.15 Pinnacle Both players were impressive so far, without losing a set. Wozniacki surely has right to be a favourite but i dont think she'll cover this handicap. Vera was so far very stabile mentally, she surely can make some damage to Caroline like she did in the future(2-2 in h2h), and im confident that she'll grab at least one set. Line should be set at 3.5, not 4, quality wise, Wozniacki is not that better. After all, this is semifinal, there's no weak players here. Good luck.

Re: Tennis - US Open I think the Woz price is far too slim, 75-80% in her favour. Cant be having that.I'd have her at 1.4-1.5 at least.Handicap looks about right to put me off too...Woz -3.5 and I'd take her, Vera +5.5 and I'd take her. Kim probably rightly priced as Venus is a shadow of herself, but I have niggling doubts about Clijsters so am reluctant to back her atm.She beat her last year at the US but if I remember right they traded the first 2 sets 6-0 0-6.......:lol...I'll leave that one.

Re: Tennis - US Open Shows you can't place all your eggs in just one girl's basket. Really annoyed as I worked out towards the end of the match that £5 on Zvonareva before the match would have guaranteed profit no matter what the result. Instead, the result could not have gone worse. Don't usually take the outright winners but know for future to lay them in semis. Shame I learnt it the hard way. :sad