Tennis - US Open

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - US Open Hello guys, Great as this forum is, i'd like to make my point here. This is slowly turning into a live chat during games. It is fun for the posters i beleive, but you guys must be aware by the number of views, that there thousands more who read them as guidelines to their bets. Its better if the forum stays limited to tipping. And persoanlly for me, i like to sometimes go back n check how many bets of tippers came thru and stuff, before i follow someone. But with 50 pages, its becoming very difflicult to do that. Its just my personal opinion to improve the quality of the forum. And read that ATKO wanted opinions on this. Heres mine :) I really have done well in tennis last 5-6 months thanks to likes of ATKO, PSYCHO, GOONER etc. Keep em winners coming. :ok Good luck all.

Re: Tennis - US Open R.Federer v N.Djokovic - R.Federer @ 1.33 Paddy Power Federer leads Djokovic 10-5 on H2H, Federer has had the better in recent times on the hard courts. He defeated Djokovic here last year in the semi-finals in straight sets. Fed has breezed through, without dropping a set, I'd say both have been impressive but Fed's record speaks for itself and I can see him making yet another Grand Slam final.

Re: Tennis - US Open

Stanislas Wawrinka v Mikhail Youzhny Over 39.5 games @ 1.91 - 5pts - Blue Square
+4.55pts. Not a classic five-setter by any means but Stan and Misha comfortably covered the overs. Rafael Nadal v Mikhail Youzhny Sporting a new booming serve, Rafael Nadal has impressed many with his new-found aggressive and purposeful game during this year's US Open. I fully expect Nadal to beat Mikhail Youzhny here and take his place in the final. However, I feel that the value lies with the Russian. There's not very many players on tour with four career wins over Rafa, and a 4-2 head-to-head record against him on one surface. The odds here suggest less than a 10% chance of victory for a player who has won around 40% of matches against the Spaniard on all surfaces and 66% of matches against him on hard courts. This is ridiculous in my opinion. Granted, Nadal wasn't the hard court player he is now when he was hammered 0 & 1 by Youzhny in Chennai at the beginning of 2008, but he's lost his last three matches on outdoor hard against Misha, including a four-set defeat at Flushing Meadows in 2006, and this must surely give the number 12 seed a degree of optimism coming into this match. Youzhny's victory over Stanislas Wawrinka in the quarter-finals was understated, but a massive win for him nonetheless. Nadal will no doubt look to attack Youzhny's single-handed backhand but the Russian is very solid off that wing. He mixes it up well with his slice, which I believe to be of the best in the game, and this should help him to cope with the Spaniard's heavy groundstrokes. The US Open courts are getting slicker as the tournament goes on, and the world number one's famous high-bouncing groundies are beginning skid off the court more than he would like them to. Much has been said of Youzhny's occasionally erratic serve, which was broken six times by Wawrinka in his previous match, but Nadal doesn't have the greatest returning game on a faster court and I don't think he'll be able to gain the upper hand in this area to the extent that many people are anticipating. It's also worth noting that Youzhny has won his last seven matches against left-handers - I'm aware that Nadal's left-handedness is the least of Misha's problems, but he clearly isn't disadvantaged by his opponent being a lefty, as is the case with many players. I'm snapping up the evens offered by Bet 365 on the Youzhny +8 game Asian Handicap here. All of Rafa's opponents thus far have lost by eight games or less - even nutcase Teimuraz Gabashvili - so I'll stick my neck out and go against popular opinion on here by backing Youzhny to follow suit and keep it tight in his second US Open semi-final. Mikhail Youzhny +8 games AH @ 2.00 - 4pts - Bet365

Re: Tennis - US Open Having none of betting today. Will enjoy (hopefully) just watching this time. Was considering Federer handicap but not sure he will beat Nole in straight sets. He's due to lose one and that might ruin the handicap. Will be cheering on for Zvonareva. I think she has got very good chance to win. Though being it a final you never know...

Re: Tennis - US Open

Rafael Nadal v Mikhail Youzhny Mikhail Youzhny +8 games AH @ 2.00 - 4pts - Bet365
-4.00pts. Thought I'd found value here but knew this one was destined to fail after the rotten day I've had! :puke Will look out for any decent in-play opportunities during Rog v Nole... though I'm tempted to cut my losses and hope for more success tomorrow.

Re: Tennis - US Open Womens final is difficult for me, Kim has a fantastic record in New York and will have the crowd behind her, but she's played a hard semi and Vera has beaten her the last two times out. I see this as a very close game, I'd have Kim about 60 / 40 favourite. However I simply can't take her at @ 1.45, the value is clearly with Vera @ 3.15 based on the recent head to head more than anything and I have to take it. Heavy heart though, Kim is my favourite player, but it's just business at the end of the day.