** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - US Open

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - US Open He played awful tennis from tactics perspective on matchpoints, should have been more aggressive.Wasn't and paid for that. Hats off to Nole, though not sure we'll have a competitive final. Probably it wouldn't have been competitive anyway as Federer sucks potatoes against Rafa.

Re: Tennis - US Open Not really sure how to call the final today. Rafael Nadal is the righteous favourite in my eyes and I feel he's got a very good chance of winning. The -5 handicap, as a result, appealed, but I think Novak Djokovic merits respect. He'll be tired after yesterday's match, but this game could well be interrupted or indeed delayed by the forecast rain, so he may get more time to recuperate. Additionally, Djokovic has won the last three meeting of these players, all on hard. He's a warrior on court and he'll give everything he has. With that in mind, I'm probably going to leave this match alone. Finals are best left for enjoyment unless a bet stands out and that's how I feel here. Others may find an opening, but I can't. I've had a bloody good US Open, so I'm happy to go out on a high. Cracking thread as usual, and good luck to those who play :ok

Re: Tennis - US Open

Sport Tennis
Event R.Nadal - N.Djokovic
Selection Nadal -1.5 sets
Strength 10/10
Date 12/09/2010
Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 1.70
Reasoning Nadal goes into his first US Open Final without dropping a single set. Here he matchup against a tired Djokovic that played the match of his life last night beating Federer in an epic incredible 5 setter to advance to the second US open final of his career. The odds for Nadal win are too low but expected as majority will take him after Djokovic tough tough game. He would have been a favourite anyhow but things got a little craxy now and if he would lose it would become a big sansation. In my mind Djoko can keep this one tight so the handicap is not so good choice and the -2.5 sets a bit risky as I think Djoko can take the first one which will prob be the tightest and a tiebreak could very much be on cards. I just take the safer bet IMO as I dont think Djoko can mustard anything against Nadal after the first set and after the first it will more or less go downhill.

Re: Tennis - US Open Hi im new to this forum im just wondering if anyone does set betting i had some winning bets with predicting the correct score in a set i just went for bets like 6-1 or 7-5 these scores usually come up in matches especially at the us.open i have had couple winning bets on 6-1 in the womens and 7-5 in the mens

Re: Tennis - US Open R.Nadal to win 1st set v N.Djokovic @ 1.50 Skybet Expect Nadal to come out firing here, Djokovic really played well v Federer last night and depiste Federer having 2 match points he came through. Djokovic has won the last three meetings between the two, so he is in with a rwal shout. Nadal has looked strong as ever though and I personally think if the 1st set goes to Nadal than he will win the match so the 1/2 as opposed to 1/3 for outright looks appealing in this final.

Re: Tennis - US Open Had an amazing Open as well as most people here I think, although I have not seen any matches since the first QFs....anyway, this delay is horrible...I mean, every single time the US Open F gets delayed...and they announce the delay even though there is still a lot of time left (many matches started later this year). And obviously this is a big advantage to one of the players...horrible decision IMO, they should have waited for another 2 hours at least.

Re: Tennis - US Open Novak Djokovic > Rafael Nadal. 3.55 @ Bwin (3/10) Have to admit that I'm very tempted to have a shot at Djokovic at this price. He has beaten Nadal in last 3 matches they've played on hard and this surface can benefit him in a match against Nadal. I also think that the fact that yesterday's play was postponed because of the rain will do him massive favor. He would have had very slim chance of beating Rafa yesterday having played almost 4 hours day before but he will be fresh now and ready to go. Don't think Nadal should be priced at 1.40. Not against Djokovic on a hard court. And one match off-topic from WTA in Quebec. Christina McHale -3.5 AH vs Lilia Osterloh. 1.85 @ Nordicbet. (6/10) Obvious choice here to take McHale with handicap. Osterloh old player who is playing basically part-time, mostly on US circuit and without any serious results. McHale is an upcoming youngster who will fancy her chances to get some wins here and therefor improver her ranking. They met month ago and McHale beat Osterloh 6-4, 6-4 covering this handicap. Has to be the same result today again.

Re: Tennis - US Open Made an over 39.5 games bet last night and it just came through as Novak choked in the 3rd set.I must say it was a nervous bet as Rafa could have won this in straight sets. The guy just doesnt believe in giving a seta away. He has been nothing short of amazing in this tournament and congratulations to all those who bet on the out right win (odds opened at 2.5 and 2.8 in some places) The staight win was certain and had it on all bets since saturday night.One thing I learnt through out this tournament is watching matches does improve your strike rate in tennis.In other sopoprts like football and rugby the difference isnt huge but in tennis its amazing. all players i bet on after watching them won against the odds and they were all confident bets. Hope to make a decent return in the end of season tournaments however interest levels do dip from the top players so must be careful.