Tennis - US Open

Re: Tennis - US Open

Bawnmore, rather than sticking up copies of bet slips can you a) post some reasoning behind the bets as per the PL rules and b) take away the cash amounts and replace it with a bet strength so that others who may not bet in £100's can follow you to their staking plan if they so choose. Ta :ok.
sorry m8, just forgot to put my reasons up but remembered and put them on before i read your post and i didnt know i was breaking any rules by posting my dockets:sad

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like most made a proft on the Djoko Clownfils match which was good. Looking to take the Wozniacki handicap in play' date=' perhaps after a couple of games. Hoping for someting in the region of a -4.5/-5.5 at somewhere around 1.8-2.0.[/quote'] dont think u will get what you want:wall wozzy broke cib in the first game:clap

Having 3 handicaps on faves today. 1) Vera Zvonareva -4 games vs Kaia Kanepi. 1.83 @ Sportingbet (7/10) Fantastic offer. Zvonareva on fire once again and crushing everybody who gets into her way. Saw Kanepi match against Wickmayer and the Estonian was very lucky to get thru that one. Wickmayer won the first 7 games in that match and was a set and break up, actually twice, but failed to close it out and then threw in a towel in the 3rd set. Zvonareva will be stronger. Can't see anything other than convincing win by the Russian player here.
I took this one too. Nice one Psycho!

Re: Tennis - US Open I've set up a thread called "live banter", which is the place to go to discuss matches as they are being played. This just separates the tips from the in-game talk as a lot of people's selections are getting swamped. I reckon this will make a difference to the quality of the thread. Posts may get moved over to the live banter thread if they get posted here. Let me know if you feel there are any problems with this. We can always revert back to type if we need to. Cheers lads :ok Edit: for the moment, I've taken down the live thread until we get more of an opinion.

[..snip..] ATP Double: Over 38.5 in both today's matches @3.24 local bookie [..snip..] WTA Double: Zvonareva x Cibulkova + 6.5 hcp @2.36 local bookie [..snip..]
ATP Double: LOSS Parlay broken on both legs. Congrats to PSYCHO who's cosistent calls against Monfils finally came through :tongue2 WTA Double: WIN Cibulkova made my day! Nice overall profit. The wind was terrible and certainly influenced the matches significantly. Decided to stay away from betting today and only try LIVE if the weather will be good. BTW, I am thinking about a writeup explaining why with 4 bets it is more advantageous to combine them in two doubles than to bet them separately. Will see whether I have time.

I've set up a thread called "live banter", which is the place to go to discuss matches as they are being played. This just separates the tips from the in-game talk as a lot of people's selections are getting swamped. I reckon this will make a difference to the quality of the thread. Posts may get moved over to the live banter thread if they get posted here. Let me know if you feel there are any problems with this. We can always revert back to type if we need to. Cheers lads :ok
Personally I'm not a fan of this. I'm used to do the whole thing in one place and checking/making posts on couple threads is not what I'd enjoy. Betting tips in most cases are in the bold or other color anyway so you can't miss them anyway. And live game discussions aren't that many, maybe 3-4 pages per day. It's not a tragedy. Just an opinion...

Personally I'm not a fan of this. I'm used to do the whole thing in one place and checking/making posts on couple threads is not what I'd enjoy. Betting tips in most cases are in the bold or other color anyway so you can't miss them anyway. And live game discussions aren't that many' date=' maybe 3-4 pages per day. It's not a tragedy. Just an opinion...[/quote'] Hmmm I do see where you're coming from. I'm not a great fan of toggling between threads either but I do understand the opinion of too much conversation getting in the way. I don't actually have a strong feeling either way on this, I'd rather go with the majority, so with that in mind I've decided to delete the live thread and wait for other users' opinions on this. At the end of the day, it's you guys that use these threads and make them what they are, so I'll wait until we've had a response from all people on this. The last thing we want is for people to stop posting because of the complexity of the forum. On a personal note, I enjoy the banter that goes on in here and see it as a place of tennis debate as well as betting. It's evolved into that and if that's the way it's meant to be then change is perhaps not needed. As I said, let me know.

N.Djokovic to beat G.Monfils @ 1.30 Boylesports WIN Expecting a comfortable victory for Djokovic, he leads 4-0 on H2H. They met here in 2005 with Djokovic coming through a five setter, both have come on since then. After comign through a nervy five set opener, Djokovic has won his next three matches in straight sets, the way he is playing I think this is the end for Monflis at this years US Open. V.Zvonareva to beat K.Kanepi @ 1.30 Boylesports WIN Fancy Zvonareva to have to much for Kanepi, she's breezed through her opening four rounds winning in straight sets, things have been a little bit more difficult for Kanepi who come back well against Wickmayer when losing first set 6-0, takes a player to do that, cannot treat her lightly but I think Zvonareva will do enough to win. 5pt double.
:D M.Youzhny to beat S.Warwinka @ 1.75 Boylesports H2H is 2-2 but Youzhny has won both games on hard courts. He looked good against Robredo in last round whilst Warwinka had to come through another tough match v Querrey in five sets, Warwinka needs to be respected as he did sent Murray crashing out and is playing well but I fancy Youzhny to come through this despite the market speaking in Warwinka's favour.

dont change the thread Atko' date=' i think its perfect the way it is..:ok[/quote'] It won't be solely my choice bud, it'll go down to you guys and the admin teams. Having thought about it some more, I'm now more in favour of leaving it how it is.

Event Wawrinka v Youzhny
Selection Wawrinka
Strength 10/10
Date 09/09/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.13
Reasoning The moment of truth between these two unespected quarter finals. Both players have strong serves and powerful strokes.Cant say to many things because in this US Open everybody make an ideea with them.Wawrinka seems to be more strong mentaly and this is an advantage in this crucial game.

Re: Tennis - US Open Already posted Youzhny on the handicap. Going for one more bet today. Rafael Nadal vs Fernando Verdasco - Under 33.5 games @ 2.07 with Pinnacle (4/10) I can't see past Nadal for this one. He's playing well here, having not lost a set so far in the tournament and still serving extremely well. I would have said a year ago that Verdasco would cause him all manner of problems on this type of surface but right now, I can't see it. Verdasco has looked a shadow of his former self recently. It's almost like he's burned himself out and I wonder if he played too much tennis in the early part of this season. His win over David Ferrer was gutsy and has to be applauded but you're always in with a chance against Ferrer because of his weaker serve. With Nadal serving the way he is right now, I can't see Verdasco getting much of a look-in if he falls behind. Verdasco himself can be wayward in all departments and after his marathon match with Ferrer, I question whether he'll enough to give. He may have got this far but benefited from a kind draw (Adrian Mannarino in R2, for example) and has looked shaky against players like Fabio Fognini. His win over David Nalbandian was impresssive but at the same time, Nadal will be far more aggressive than him or indeed Ferrer and that's where the problems could lie for him. Nadal also leads the H2H 11-0 - if Verdasco loses the first set, mentally it's going to be tough for him to battle back against a guy he's lost to so many times. I did think about the -7 handicap but Nadal often serves second, which makes it tough to cover such a big handicap, and I can see one or two fairly close sets (ie 6-4, like against Feliciano Lopez), which wouldn't help that type of bet. Happy to play this though. :hope

:D M.Youzhny to beat S.Warwinka @ 1.75 Boylesports H2H is 2-2 but Youzhny has won both games on hard courts. He looked good against Robredo in last round whilst Warwinka had to come through another tough match v Querrey in five sets, Warwinka needs to be respected as he did sent Murray crashing out and is playing well but I fancy Youzhny to come through this despite the market speaking in Warwinka's favour.
Youzhny vs Warwinka @ 1.72 bet365 I like the look of Youhzny too. He can take big hitters (Isner) and he plays very smart shots, always moving his opponents around. Warwinka must be feeling the strain after a long match against murray and a marathon against Querrey. He has a strapped thigh as well so will be relying on his serve. The pivotal 1st serve. He hit 54% last match which isn't great and Youhzny will punish on the second serve.

EventWawrinka v Youzhny
SelectionWawrinka
Strength10/10
Date09/09/2010
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.13
ReasoningThe moment of truth between these two unespected quarter finals. Both players have strong serves and powerful strokes.Cant say to many things because in this US Open everybody make an ideea with them.Wawrinka seems to be more strong mentaly and this is an advantage in this crucial game.
last night i couldnt really call this match but there seems to be good money for stan all morning (does somebody know something, maybe youzhny is carring some sort of knock) so with that in mind i have gone for this:ok Selection evens - S Wawrinka +1.5 games- laddies Event M Youzhny vs S Wawrinka US Open Market Handicap betting 5PTS win:hope

Re: Tennis - US Open May take Youzhny a bit later, but looking atm at taking King/Shvedova to win. Won wimbledon and playing good tennis atm, beating Dulko and Pennetta. At 4/7 atm, when they get any lower in play will definitely take them. Really love watching these two play as they always have a smile on their faces so should be good to watch.

Tommy Robredo +5.5 games @ 1.90 - 5pts - Boylesports Tommy Robredo @ 3.70 - 2pts - Betfair
-7.00pts. No success with these; Robredo never really looked like winning the match after losing a first set he really should have taken and I narrowly missed out with my larger bet on the handicap as well. Recouped a little cash yesterday by having a small punt on the Novak Djokovic -3.5 game handicap in-play with Paddy Power. Stanislas Wawrinka v Mikhail Youzhny I feel that we could be in for a real ding-dong battle here between the two surprise quarter-finalists. Stanislas Wawrinka will no doubt be tired after his physically and mentally draining match against Sam Querrey but his last two performances against the American & Brit Andy Murray show just how much new coach Peter Lundgren has helped him psychologically. He has played within himself in the big moments in a way that I've never seen from him before. If Stan was fully fit I'd definitely be backing him to take this match and I was contemplating a punt on him anyway before I saw just now that his odds have come in from yesterday's tempting 2.3ish to around evens with most firms. Mikhail Youzhny has enjoyed an excellent tournament and is the fresher of the two players coming into this match, having played three consecutive four-setters at Flushing Meadows thus far but not having experienced anything like like the marathon Stan had to endure in round four. The Russian also has the advantage of having played in and won a quarter-final here before, back in 2006. 25th seed Wawrinka is entering unchartered territory in that sense. Tactically, Youzhny will probably look to counter-punch as Wawrinka will be his usual aggressive self and I feel that the number 12 seed may be able to gain the upper hand here because Stan can become a little one-dimensional at times. However, if the Swiss star strikes the ball like he has been for the past ten days he could have too much for Youzhny. All things considered, I think these players are very evenly matched coming into this match and the movement in the market reflects that. I don't expect either player to win in straight sets and think we could well see this one go the distance. Blue Square offer 1.91 on over 39.5 games which seems to me like a very good price considering that several bookies are offering odds of around 1.8 on overs with the 40.5 game line. Over 39.5 games @ 1.91 - 5pts - Blue Square