** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Tennis - US Open

Re: Tennis - US Open

;) Nope, nothing like that unless there is an official ATP/WTA investigation into a match. We don't want PL slapped with a load of legal issues :ok. As Atko said if there is any talk of match fixing or players not wanting to win or any of that the post will be deleted and temporary bans may be given. :lol :ok
Well, this is ridiculous. I would understand if there were names calling, but threating with a ban for a suggestion of a player "not wanting to win a match"? Because PL could be slapped with legal issues? C'mon ;) BTW, I just saw the replay of the 1st and 10th game of the second set Monfils-Gasquet. I am not suggesting anything, but this doublefault from 0-30 to 0-40 and subsequent ultra-wide cross shot were undoubtedly big gift for Monfils. Just FYI - saying that a shot was gift is legal - I heard it on Eurosport :D

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mikhail Youzhny vs Tommy Robredo. Under 39.5 games. 1.80 Gamebookers (5/10) It's really hard to make any judgment on Robredo in this tournament. He has won his last two matches by retirement against French double partners Llodra and Benneteau. Having seen bits of his last match, he was quite good but once again lacked consistency. Youzhny is rightly a favorite. Though I believe this match still could go either way. Can't see 5 sets in this one therefore unders should be even in 4 sets, because there won't be many tie-breaks if any. I'd say it will be all about the first set. Whoever wins it might just go on to win the match. Anyway can't see any of these two being strong enough mentally to come back from 2-1 if it goes that way. Stanislas Wawrinka > Sam Querrey. 2.00 VCbet. (6/10) Not a fan of big Sam and would never ever back him against quality player like Wawrinka. Even if he hadn't just beaten Murray. Wawrinka got injured in that match but carried on and got a fantastic win. He was unplayable in the 2nd part of that match and unless he is still injured he should be able to get past Querrey. Stan can serve and his return game is incredible at times with backhand being the money shot. Querrey with his usual ups and downs is more likely to be broken. Taking Wawa in this one, though would advise to choose bookies who don't void bets on retirements. Just in case, you never know... Kim Clijsters -5 games AH vs Samantha Stosur. 1.93 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Been saying that Stosur is rubbish for weeks now and still none of her opponents, well most of them, have not been able to get rid of her. Not even Dementieva who wasted 4 matchpoints. Stosur survived last round in over 2.5 hours match. She had 20 break points against her. It's ridiculous. Kim to crush her for sure. Clijsters leads H2H 3-0, having not lost a set against Sam. Straight forward win today... again!
Wasted four matchpoints? WOW you must of missed this match, stosur was fully in control of this match dementieva was constantly on the back foot, couple of winners and forced errors on the four match points down i wouldnt call them wasted id call that aggressive play.. in turn deservedly won

Wasted four matchpoints? WOW you must of missed this match, stosur was fully in control of this match dementieva was constantly on the back foot, couple of winners and forced errors on the four match points down i wouldnt call them wasted id call that aggressive play.. in turn deservedly won
That's because it was Dementieva with her defensive tennis and inability to hit big shots on regular basis. Kim is completely different animal and won't need 2nd invitation to hit a huge shot.

Gooch, mate, I suggest to look at the reply. Psycho is absolutely correct - Dementeva had 4 matchpopints against Stosur and wasted them all. Suggesting that Stosur was fully in control of this match is, well, somehow exagerrated. :rollin

Gooch' date=' mate, I suggest to look at the reply. Psycho is absolutely correct - Dementeva had 4 matchpopints against Stosur and wasted them all. Suggesting that Stosur was fully in control of this match is, well, somehow exagerrated. :rollin[/quote'] just watch the match pls.. not scoreboards or stats they are non reflective

Re: Tennis - US Open Schiavone to beat V.Williams @ 2.55, local bookie (4/10) Williams (#4) in her last match with Peer was not in her best shape. She was broken twice in the first set, and had Peer been able to make one UE less, she (Peer) might have won the 1st set. Basically, it was luck + Peer's inability in crucial moments that took Williams through the 1st set. Williams then easily controlled the second set and won 7:6 6:3. However, Francesca "WA-HEE" Schiavonne (#7) will be harder opponent. She literraly swept Pavlyuschenko off the court 6:3 6:0 and is playing the best tennis of her carrer now. H2H is 7-0 for V.W., but in this stage of tournament H2H is often misleading and current form evaluation is better indicator. Both Italian and American can play aggressive tennis with lot of net approaches. From what I saw I trust more Francesca that seems to be "on the run" now, while Venus keeps playing her cold-force tennis. Not confirmed yet, but there is rumour on the net that Venus will be wearing her heavy golden necklace today and 7-inch pearl earrings, which evidently should make her rallies slower. :lol For me Francesca to win today.

Re: Tennis - US Open Guys, You are clearly good tipsters who post with good reasoning and we want to encourage that on PL, just as we always have. However, match fixing talk (whether you think you know the legal issues possible) isn't allowed on PL unless there is an open investigation, because quite simply it is usually nonsense and we do leave ourselves open to legal issues. Let's just stick to the facts please. ;)

Re: Tennis - US Open M. Youzhny vs Tommy Robredo M. Youzhny -4.5 (Asian-handicap) Pinnacle Sports @ 1.77 I like this handicap. Robredo is here because he has had much luck, two of his oponents retired, and Youzhny has played quite good this week. Even he he looses one set the handicap is posible, so i choose this like a good option for today.

Re: Tennis - US Open Will a bookie pull me up for arbitrage betting in-play? Because I am still having to take risks that the prices rise above the desired levels to make a profit on the bets? Example: Querrey/Wawrinka starts with odds of 1.8 Querrey and 2.0 Wawrinka. I believe that most likely Querrey will win this game but it will be a tight match that could go to 5 sets meaning that it isn't worth me staking money on an unsure result. Instead, I wait until a point in-play when Querrey's odds rise above evens to say 2.2. I then back Querrey with a £50 pound bet. A few games later in one of Wawrinka's service games he's facing a few break points so his price goes down to 2.25 so I take him to win with a £50 bet. Now, if Querrey wins the game I win £110 and if Wawrinka wins the game I win £112.5. So either a £10 or £12.50 profit. What do you think?

Will a bookie pull me up for arbitrage betting in-play? Because I am still having to take risks that the prices rise above the desired levels to make a profit on the bets? Example: Querrey/Wawrinka starts with odds of 1.8 Querrey and 2.0 Wawrinka. I believe that most likely Querrey will win this game but it will be a tight match that could go to 5 sets meaning that it isn't worth me staking money on an unsure result. Instead, I wait until a point in-lay when Querrey's odds rise above evens to say 2.2. I then back Querrey with a £50 pound bet. A few games later in one of Wawrinka's service games he's facing a few break points so his price goes down to 2.25 so I take him to win with a £50 bet. Now, if Querrey wins the game I win £110 and if Wawrinka wins the game I win £112.5. So either a £10 or £12.50 profit. What do you think?
Mate, what you just described is quite common technique of making money in LIVE betting. Don't think it would be possible for any bookie to make you troubles because of that. Edit: You should always place the bet the way your profit is the same no matter who actually wins (this is optimal). For this, you should calculate the payout to be the same in both bets (110,-) , unless you gained some information in between who actually is more likely to win.

Re: Tennis - US Open Wawrinka v Querrey Wawrinka looked great against Murray, confidence on top and form heading the same direction. He is the more talented and better all around player in this match up, with more weapons and options. Querrey will depend very much on his serve and he have been little up and down lately and have all to proove here. Playing at home is an advantage but also more pressure and Stani should be in great mood making a big upset reaching this round so nothing to lose really. If Querrey dont serve great he is in big trouble as Wawrinka looked good on serve and most areas, close match here really so the value is on Stan IMO. Back Wawrinka @ 2.1 Sportingbet 10/10

Mate, what you just described is quite common technique of making money in LIVE betting. Don't think it would be possible for any bookie to make you troubles because of that. Edit: You should always place the bet the way your profit is the same no matter who actually wins (this is optimal). For this, you should calculate the payout to be the same in both bets (110,-) , unless you gained some information in between who actually is more likely to win.
How do I do that if I've already placed the first bet of £50 at 2.2 for Querrey? If I see Wawrinka now at 2.25, what amount do I bet on him?

Re: Tennis - US Open Didn't think I was going to do anything after a couple of poor picks yesterday but have taken a couple. Likielyhood is that they won't come through after I've posted. :eyes Youzhny vs Robredo- Over 36.5 games- 4/6 Bet365- 7/10 Took the overs in the Russian's match against Sela which just feel short. Feel that atm neither player can close a match out simply in 3 sets and would be suprised if one of them took it in 3. Seen alot of people questioning the mental aspect of both player's games, and although this is sometimes evident, if we look at the results from the past few weeks for both, both players have comeback from a first set loss to take the match. This is furthered by the fact that this is a grand slam and a fair enough chance for both players to feel they can make the quarters. Should be a decent match and hopefully the overs can come through with a bit of luck. Ferrer to beat Verdasco- 5/4 Bet365- 4/10 Two Spaniards going head to head who have played eachother 10 times in the past. Verdasco was in really bad form coming into the grand slam but has got better with the match practice here at Flushing Meadows. Personally feel Ferrer may have the edge due to recent form. Yet to be broken and yet to drop a set so should be playing with some confidence that will aid him here. Strangely these 2 have only played once on hard, when Ferrer took it way back in 2004 so can't read much into that. Both have one win a piece against eachother this year so pretty much 50/50 IMO but think Ferrer may just have the edge here.

Re: Tennis - US Open Samantha Stosur v Kim Clijsters Kim Clijsters -5 (Asian-handicap) Pinnacle Sports @ 1.94 Kim is playing as good as wozniacki. All of the other players are not as good as them two. Stosur has played ok, but Clijsters is in another level right now. This should be done in two sets, not 100% sure of this bet but I think it's very posible this to happen.

Youzhny -4.5 @ 1.87 Pinnacle Don't see how could Robredo win this, or even win more than one set. Youzhny proved his tlent here, he's finally reached his form on big tournament and most importantly is that his mental state is finally helping him. Robredo was lucky to get this far but that's his last station. Fancy Youzhny to win this in 3 sets what would most likely cover this handicap. Good luck.
Youhzny's movement is unbelievable! He demolished Isner in the last round. This is looking like a good call.

Re: Tennis - US Open Sam Querrey to beat Wawrinka Querrey is playing the best tennis of his life, monster serve, I don't see wawa getting any break from from him. Wawa is also playing some good tennis, just because he beat murray doesn't mean he's gonna go all the way. great returner goin for clear home court advantage, might be a close one with not many breaks

Re: Tennis - US Open querry match is a tough one to call which could clearly go all the way that is why i have went for the overs which can also be hit with a 3-1 scoreline:hope

spacer.gifacc_his_selection_betdetail.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif
spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif
spacer.gifSelectionspacer.gifspacer.gifSelection Detailsspacer.gifResultspacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gifspacer.gif
US Open
S Querrey vs S Wawrinka
Total Games
2010-09-07 18:05:00
Over 40.5 @ 5/6
spacer.gifPending spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif