Tennis: 2-8 August

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Chakvetadze just has a bit more about her on fast courts right now. Hercog is gonna be a star though IMO, big weakness now is her backhand...all she does is defensive slice and gives the opponent the initiative. She needs to hit backhands like Chak today, changing the angles easily and hitting the ball hard. Good to see Chak playing well though after all the crap she went through a few years back. Interested to see her vs Wozniacki in the next round, should she beat Georges ofcourse...which doesn't look so easy right now.

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August One bet for me on quarter final night. Washington: David Nalbandian vs Gilles Simon Washington: Janko Tipsarevic vs Marin Clilc Going to double up Nalbandian and Cilic here. I'll start with Nalbandian first. He's playing sumptuous tennis at the moment. He's battered every player he's come up against thus far, the highlight being his domination of Wawrinka. I find that when Nalbandian hits this kind of form, he's a hard man to stop. Simon got a fine win over an out-of-sorts Roddick but Nalbandian is a classier player - he will punish Simon's fragile serve. Not sure the Frenchman is ready yet to be playing two great matches in a row, so I'd be happy with the Argentine. Odds of 1.33 are a bit skinny on their own so decided to bring Cilic into the equation. Impressed that the Croat got back to winning ways over Fish, a man who is in form. Three sets will have sharpened him up no end and he's got a 4-0 record over Tipsarevic, with a few of those meetings on hard. Tipsarevic has hit a wee bit of form but still goes missing on serve and can get sloppy when the chips are down. Now that Cilic is back on a hard court, I expect him to shrug aside his average clay and grass form - this is his kind of surface. Won't be routine but I expect him to win here. - Double of David Nalbandian and Marin Cilic at 1.93 with Boylesports (3/10) :hope

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Kerber to win 1 set against Li Na Kerber coming off an injury in bastad, plays a more aggresive tennis.. Li Na is on a good form but she has not met an opponent worthy yet. kerber to win 1 set or maybe could nick an unexpected win here :ok

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Washington Parlay Berdych-Malisse over 22.5 games x Nalbadian to win over Simon @2.43 local bookie Nalbadian cruises, so in his match he is the obvious choice. As to the Berdy-Malisse match, Berdy in his current form is a three-setter generating machine. And I cannot foresee how he could be beaten in two straight sets by Malisse. WTA Copenhagen Li-Na vs Kerber under 20.5 games @ 1.8 local bookie Li-Na is a clear favourite here. Unfortunately, home/away odds are to short, so an under/over must take place. Two days ago I followed the Kerber's match with Zahlavova. In 18 games there has been 11 breaks. From that we had 6 breaks in the first 6 games. Service play like that will be severely punished by Li-Na. I expect something like 6:2 6:3.

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Nalbandian (- 3.5) vs Simon 1.82 at Pinnacle I see value here. Nalbandian is a very talented player and when he is playing good he is definately a top 5 player. He has won his 2 davis cup matches and all the ones played in this tourney without loosing a single set. On the other hand Simon defeated Roddick (who is definately not playing his best tennis) but he has been a very irregular player all year long, with moments of very poor tennis wich i think "the king" nalby will take advantage of... :hope

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August

Kerber to win 1 set against Li Na Kerber coming off an injury in bastad, plays a more aggresive tennis.. Li Na is on a good form but she has not met an opponent worthy yet. kerber to win 1 set or maybe could nick an unexpected win here :ok
Kerber just doesn't have any weapons.. Li plays fantastic tennis. Won 6 straight games. If she plays like this nothing will stop her to win this tournament. Got her in my treble.

Kerber just doesn't have any weapons.. Li plays fantastic tennis. Won 6 straight games. If she plays like this nothing will stop her to win this tournament. Got her in my treble.
yup kerber is dead n buried, no chance at all, totally ass whipped :spank

Goerges bouncing Wozniacki out of her own tournament......:lol Edit: Wozniacki's defensive play has turned it around.
Poor Georges :cry Serving for the match at 5-3 in the third, blowing it, got into the tie-break and then she was robbed a fifteen by poor line referees, this finally losing the match BTW PSYCHO scores again - Penetta just outplayed Stosur 6:4 6:3

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Hey guys~ I've been following you punters for quite some time now. You guys have led me to some really nice wins. I finally got off my arse and registered on this forum to say a big thanks to all of you :cheers. Keep up the great work :ok. PS. Psycho i've stuck with alot of your tips for months now. What a week you're having ^^. I'm on board with Kleybanova today ;)

Nalby going pathetic now. Loses 6:3 first set. Or perhaps the net is a little bit too high for him :-) He did hit it about dozen times so far.
Good news for Nalbi backers is that Simon has got very inconsistent serve. Maybe the match is not over yet.