** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Tennis: 2-8 August

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Anna Chakvetadze V Johanna Larsson This is Chakvetadze's 1st match since last months meeting between these two in the final at Portoroz. Anna won 2-0 set losing just 3 games in the process. She also showed good form at Portoroz in 2 tough matches against Dushevina & Hercog before meeting Larsson the final. Larsson look tried last week in Istanbul and got beat by the inform Cirstea. Chakvetadze should again have too much for Larsson and I'm backing her to win in stright set again . evens bet365 :hope GL all

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Nalbandian vs Wawrinka Well, I don't like to bet against such a dangerous player like Stan Wawrinka, but he comes here after a break of 3 months after a left hamstring injury. He hasn't played since a lost quarterfinal in Monte Carlo on clay in April. Nalbandian was good in Russia (Davis Cup) and smashed Ram in the 1st round in just 52-53 minutes of play. I simply refuse to think that a Nalbandian in good form can't win this match against a Wawrinka who comes after a long time of absence! Fat Nalby is my favourite player from the ATP, a player with huge talent, he is a player that in a good day can win every player from tour... The h2h is 5-2 in favour of Wawrinka, but tonight the Swiss will be punished, I am pretty sure that Nalbandian is hungry... Tip: Nalbandian @ 1.78 on Pinnacle 8/10

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Tatiana Malek (GER, #125) to defeat Klára Zakopalová (CZE, #51) 1.85 at local bookie (6/10) 23 yrs old Tatiana meets today 28 yrs old Klara in the second round in Copenhagen. Both players lost in the 1st round of the last two tournaments they played: in Bad Gastein (Clay) Klara lost with quality player Georges and Tatiana lost with Koryttseva, in Istanbul (Hard) Klara lost with out of form Lapushenko and Tatiana lost with Pironkova. My prediction is mainly based on the observation of their yesterday's matches. Klara defeated the out of form De Los Rios in three sets 63 67 60, producing 8 doublefaults, tons of UE and only 49% of the first serve was in. She won only because De Los Rios will to lose was bigger. On the other hand Tatiana performed quite decent tennis in her match with (rather weak) Ejdesgaard, her 1st serve was OK (78% in), and though Ejdesgaard was not able to fully check her capabilities, it seemed to to me that Tatiana is in good form. Their H2H is 3:0 for Tatiana (2 x in 2007, 1x in 2010), though none of those matches was played on hard. Tatiana to win this one!

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August

Tatiana Malek (GER, #125) to defeat Klára Zakopalová (CZE, #51) 1.85 at local bookie (6/10) 23 yrs old Tatiana meets today 28 yrs old Klara in the second round in Copenhagen. Both players lost in the 1st round of the last two tournaments they played: in Bad Gastein (Clay) Klara lost with quality player Georges and Tatiana lost with Koryttseva, in Istanbul (Hard) Klara lost with out of form Lapushenko and Tatiana lost with Pironkova. My prediction is mainly based on the observation of their yesterday's matches. Klara defeated the out of form De Los Rios in three sets 63 67 60, producing 8 doublefaults, tons of UE and only 49% of the first serve was in. She won only because De Los Rios will to lose was bigger. On the other hand Tatiana performed quite decent tennis in her match with (rather weak) Ejdesgaard, her 1st serve was OK (78% in), and though Ejdesgaard was not able to fully check her capabilities, it seemed to to me that Tatiana is in good form. Their H2H is 3:0 for Tatiana (2 x in 2007, 1x in 2010), though none of those matches was played on hard. Tatiana to win this one!
Odds very different. I followed you, on bet365 is 2,20 (at my local just 1,7 :o ) So we'll see. Hurry just 5 more minutes :)

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Sticking with WTA this week. Here's what I've got for early matches in San Diego. Yaroslava Shvedova > Shahar Peer. 2.80 @ Pinnacle (6/10) I think bookies have made a mess of this one. Peer should be favorite but not this big. I mean Shvedova pound for pound is no worst than the Israeli player and on her day can beat her. Shvedova is a confidence player and traditionally has got streaks. She had a very productive period in USA hard court season this time last year and in my reckoning has got a very good chance of advancing. Her attacking tennis will be good enough to survive baseline battle with Peer who is very good defensive player but is very weak mentally and can collapse easily when things go wrong. Shvedova can surely exploit her weaknesses and there a lot of those in Shahar's game. Interestingly enough Shvedova destroyed Peer 6-2, 6-1 in their only meeting which was last year on clay. Considering clay is not suiting either game I can see Shvedova dominating Peer on hard court as well. Like I said at the start, odds are way too overpriced here therefore I'm having a crack at Shvedova. Dinara Safina > Agnieszka Radwanska. 2.70 @ Pinnacle (7/10) I know that this might seem mad to back Safina considering her well publicized injury problems and change of coaching staff etc. but I just couldn't ignore these odds. Silly, have nothing more to say. I guess the only reason Radwanska is not nearer to smth like 1.7 is that she is Top 10 in the rankings. Safina beat Alona Bondarenko here in the first round which was her 1st win in 7 matches. She badly needed that one and it doesn't matter who she beat and how she did it. It's really all about confidence. Positive sign was that she made only 4 double faults in 10 service games which is very good stats for her knowing that she averages double figures. Radwanska is not in the best shape either. She had average tournament by her own standards in Stanford last week and was not that good yesterday either. She was broken 4 times by nobody player Scheepers. Safina has beaten Radwanska both times they played and even did it at the start of this year in Sidney playing with dead back. I think she is underrated for today's match. Safina really has got huge motivation now and will fight for sure today. I'm expecting her win...

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August ATP Washington Querrey vs Tipsarevic over 22,5 games 10/10 1,83 Bet365 This is clear pick. I think that Tipsa is in better shape, but Sam has better first serve. There should be tie-break in first set and 6:4 in second for..i dont know..but for Tipsa!!..i like hcp on Tipsa here too, but over 22,5 is sure bet. No doubt.GL

No love for Tipsarevic today fellas? Quite like his chances against Querrey.
Thinking about it. I was considering handicap but they're offering just 2.5 games which not what I was expecting to get. He actually did play very well against Sam last week and should have won. He was leading by set and 5-2 in the second set tie-break but messed up. Querrey might be not focused after just winning a tournament. Things like that happen, besides Tipsarevic is bad match-up for him. I don't know, I mean will have to think about it, but you're right. Prolly it's worth a shot.

No love for Tipsarevic today fellas? Quite like his chances against Querrey.
Tipsa with hcp +2,5 in pinnacle @1,91 is nice value. What do you think?i think that over is clear here, but it should be 7:6 7:6 for Querrey and hcp on Tipsa is OK. I try it. Tipsa +2,5 @1,91 7/10 Pinnacle

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August querry won at l.a so janko is definatly worth a shout.th blokes game has been very tight recently and tough to break so querry found out last time.im thinking sam wud want sum rest b4 th slam esp since already accumilating a fine amount of points.querry stil in th usa tho so small stakes 4 me.goodluck

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August True, will be tough for Tipsarevic to beat him in the US. Still looks a very tight match and the fact Tipsa won a match here already is a good sign I think. He's playing some decent stuff in the last week.Unbelievable how much luck sam has last week....credit to him for coming through and winning the title but Schuettler and Tipsa had him, and even Murray playing average tennis at 50% was close to winning in 2 sets in the final. Tipsarevic/Querrey OVER 22.5 games @ 5/6 (Bet365:7/10) Have taken this anyway. Both matches they've played previously have covered the line easily. Most bookies have it at 23.5 which looks right....looks hard to see either player winning this in 2 easy sets.

Sticking with WTA this week. Here's what I've got for early matches in San Diego. Yaroslava Shvedova > Shahar Peer. 2.80 @ Pinnacle (6/10) I think bookies have made a mess of this one. Peer should be favorite but not this big. I mean Shvedova pound for pound is no worst than the Israeli player and on her day can beat her. Shvedova is a confidence player and traditionally has got streaks. She had a very productive period in USA hard court season this time last year and in my reckoning has got a very good chance of advancing. Her attacking tennis will be good enough to survive baseline battle with Peer who is very good defensive player but is very weak mentally and can collapse easily when things go wrong. Shvedova can surely exploit her weaknesses and there a lot of those in Shahar's game. Interestingly enough Shvedova destroyed Peer 6-2, 6-1 in their only meeting which was last year on clay. Considering clay is not suiting either game I can see Shvedova dominating Peer on hard court as well. Like I said at the start, odds are way too overpriced here therefore I'm having a crack at Shvedova. Dinara Safina > Agnieszka Radwanska. 2.70 @ Pinnacle (7/10) I know that this might seem mad to back Safina considering her well publicized injury problems and change of coaching staff etc. but I just couldn't ignore these odds. Silly, have nothing more to say. I guess the only reason Radwanska is not nearer to smth like 1.7 is that she is Top 10 in the rankings. Safina beat Alona Bondarenko here in the first round which was her 1st win in 7 matches. She badly needed that one and it doesn't matter who she beat and how she did it. It's really all about confidence. Positive sign was that she made only 4 double faults in 10 service games which is very good stats for her knowing that she averages double figures. Radwanska is not in the best shape either. She had average tournament by her own standards in Stanford last week and was not that good yesterday either. She was broken 4 times by nobody player Scheepers. Safina has beaten Radwanska both times they played and even did it at the start of this year in Sidney playing with dead back. I think she is underrated for today's match. Safina really has got huge motivation now and will fight for sure today. I'm expecting her win...
will follow you on both pal. Good luck!

Pirontova V Lapushchetova H2H 3-0 to Pirontova, most recently at Wimbledon 6-0 7-6 . Lapushchetova has lost 7 of her last eight matches. Not a great price but winnings are winnings. Pirontova to win 1.33 bet365 GL all
Pirontova couldnt of looked more disinterested if she tried. I was on with your bet above but was able to switch sides & trade profit when it became clear she didnt want to win

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Pironkova = Kvitova. Better stay away from them. Got lucky in Wimbledon and now can afford not to care about playing serious tennis for some time, well until they'll have to defend those massive pts gained in Wimbledon. Kvitova has some pts to defend from last year's US Open and Linz tournament. Other than that really not much to play for. Pironkova in my opinion is the worst of the two attitude wise. Kvitova at least is trying or pretending to...

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August The Peer match looked really bad quality on the scoreboard anyway, loads of breaks. Tipsa looks like he'll have some chances tonight, but couldnt back him in the end. Querrey and Isner are very clutch in these american tournaments....seem to dig themselves out of loads of tight games with that big serve. Hopefully the overs comes in anyway.

ATP Washington Querrey vs Tipsarevic over 22,5 games 10/10 1,83 Bet365 This is clear pick. I think that Tipsa is in better shape, but Sam has better first serve. There should be tie-break in first set and 6:4 in second for..i dont know..but for Tipsa!!..i like hcp on Tipsa here too, but over 22,5 is sure bet. No doubt.GL Tipsa with hcp +2,5 in pinnacle @1,91 is nice value. What do you think?i think that over is clear here, but it should be 7:6 7:6 for Querrey and hcp on Tipsa is OK. I try it. Tipsa +2,5 @1,91 7/10 Pinnacle
Janko 7:6 first set..i hope he wil win 6:4 in next and i am superman..:nana:nana