Tennis: 2-8 August

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August

Nicely done Psycho! by the way, has anyone heard about isner being injured? i read he has back problems so it might be worth putting something on malisse... does anyone know where can i find which bookies take bets as placed only needing a ball to be played? thanks!
http://www.free-easy-money.com/articles/dutching-on-tennis-87.php As for the match itself I reckon Mallise should be good to have a real go at Isner even if the American was not injured. I think this match has tie-breaks written all over it and Isner traditionally is good in those but you never know. Malisse has beaten him not so long ago in a 3 tie-break match... Considering there's info about injury I'm not getting involved though have to admit was thinking about taking over myself.

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Hi Guys,Have beeen reading and following this thread and other tennis ones for the past couple of weeks, first of all congratulations!! you guys make well informed shrewd picks time after time!! quick question...Do you guys mainly bet in singles or in multiples?

Hi Guys,Have beeen reading and following this thread and other tennis ones for the past couple of weeks, first of all congratulations!! you guys make well informed shrewd picks time after time!! quick question...Do you guys mainly bet in singles or in multiples?
I think I can answer this. Singles are the most prefered bets with large stakes for everyone including u I think because u dont risk 100€ on a multiple if u only have 200€ but if u think for example Robby Ginepri will defenitely beat Potito Starace in Paris as he did this year you might want to risk half of what u got. It's always stupid to bet large stakes on mutliples.

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August I have looked into this from a mathematical perspective, and if you take a long term view of sports betting using a betting bankroll that you want to increase over time, it is certainly best to put the majority of your stakes on singles. The greater your edge over the bookies and the shorter the odds the more you can delve into doubles and sometimes trebles. At odds of 1.8 per individual bet (typical of tennis bets) and a healthy 10% edge over the bookies, you could place up to around 1/7 of your single bet stakes on doubles and about 1/7 of your doubles stake on trebles. This is still a very gung-ho approach. It would still probably be more sensible to just put a tiny amount on doubles and no trebles. If the odds were 1.4 you could change the 1/7 to 1/3. In short, unless you are confident that you have a big edge and the odds are very short I'd stick to singles with maybe a small amount on doubles.

Golubev +4.5 > Berdych @ 1.8 local bookie (5/10)
WIN :lol Quite unrelated - have anyone info about that Vandeweghe-Zvonareva match (Vandeweghe won in three sets)? This Vandeweghe character becomes more and more standing out in my draw picture - went over Dulko in round 1 (OK, Dulko retired) and now did beat the ultra-favourite Zvonareva. Unfortunately due to the unbelievable shitty TV rights management I am not able to get live stream (not even paid one!) from San Diego, so I did not watch this match. Was Vandeweghe really that good, or Zvonareva choked? I am considering to bet Vandeweghe over Kuznetsova (@ 4.2 in my local bookie), so I am trying to get some more info. Thank you!

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Sorana Cirstea > Klara Zakopalova. 1.85 @ Betsafe (5/10) Pretty even match this one considering what we've got by bookies and it probably will be close affair. I think service issues will play big part here. Zakopalova has got awful serve and makes lots of double faults. Cirstea can gain a lot on Zakopalova's second serve and surely will take advantage of that unless she plays careless tennis which can happen. On the other side Zakopalova has got pretty good return game which should help her out but I can see Cirstea hitting some serves here and fast surface should help here to get a win. Don't think it will be pretty but the Romanian should win in my opinion.

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August i totally agree with your pick psycho i managed to get 2.00 on cirstea but now odds dropped. another one for today is Chakvetadze over Hercog 1.63 at my local I believe this is a good price on Ana considering her chances today. She has beaten polona in portorož after loosing the first set with careless play. When she found her form polona wasn't able to take much from her. I expect 2 set win today so i maybe even try 2:0 for ana at 2.55. Polona also won't enjoy crowd support as she did in Portorož.

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Anna Chakvetadze -3 AH vs Polona Hercog. 1.98 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Sticking with Chakvetadze here. She had tough match yesterday. Despite winning in straight sets it was not straight forward win, she had to come back form 1-4 down in the 2nd set. Lapuschenkova played awful tennis, it has to be said and made over 50 unforced errors but on the other hand he made some winners, too including some stunning ones as well. Hercog was outplayed by Keothavong in the first set but then came back mostly due to the fact that Anne couldn't find her first serve or forehand and hit lots of nets. Chakvetadze did beat Hercog not so long ago in Portoroz, doing that in 3 sets. Similar scenario could be on cards here though overall the Russian should be good for advancing to the semifinals. Quality wise there's an obvious difference and Anna should be able to outsmart her opponent in long rallies whilst serve should be an advantage for the Slovenian girl. Having said that, she was not that good on serve yesterday and might have problems again. Flavia Pennetta > Samantha Stosur. 2.12 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Not sure why bookies still think that Stosur should be rated as a favorite only because of her rankings. She is playing terrible tennis lately. Serve is not working and when the serve is she is in huge trouble because she has got no other skills. Well, she can hit huge forehand occasionally but other than that she's all over the place. Saw her last week in Stanford, really not much to be excited about. Pennetta will take care of her. The Italian is a very bad match-up for Sam as she knows very well how to play her. Pennetta might struggle on her own serve but should be good to get some breaks on Stosur's serve because of her quality return game. Pennetta has beaten Stosur both times they've played and done that in straight sets. All in all Pennetta win today for me. Alisa Kleybanova > Daniela Hantuchova. 1.85 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Obvious choice here to go with Kleybanova. She is good form once again having escaped against Jankovic in the previous round will look to advance even further. Hantuchova will be totally different match-up for Alisa as she has got more of an attacking game rather than defensive. Hantuchova showed lots of weaknesses against Zheng yesterday and Kleybanova has got huge power and will look to blow Hantuchova off the court which she is well capable of doing. Most like this will be close match but still won by the Russian.

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Sorana Cirstea vs Klára Zakopalová - over 21.5 games @ 1.8 local bookie I think that Sorana Cirstea is a slight favourite in this match, but Sorana over Klara is only 1.68 at my local bookie. Considering that all Sorana's matches in this tournament went into three sets, and Klara's first round match too, I see no reason why this match should be an exception. It is true that Klara steamrolled Malek 6:0 6:3 in the 2nd round, but she definitely won't be able to repeat this today. I can imagine either 7:5 6:4 for Sorana, or a three setter. Let's go ahead!

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Yeah toughie for Chakvetadze today. She was 8/11 last night which is fair as she has the edge on hard surface, but she's too short now I think. Looked a bit tired yesterday too so maybe this winning streak has taken it out of her.

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Nalbandian(to bt. Simon) x Na Li(to bt. Kerber) Double @ 4/5 (S James:7/10) Nalbandian on fire this week, and he should progress here. Nice to see Simon back winning some matches, great win over Roddick last night but his return stats looked dreadful. Nalby has schooled all his opponents this week, serve looks good and he's surely a class above Simon. Na Li took Baltacha out, good win for her. Kerber should be a little tougher though, strikes the ball well and has won 2 matches here already.And she pushed Li all the way on grass this year eventually losing in 3.Both like indoors but Li still a level above and good chance to go on and win this tournament I think. Berdych vs Malisse OVER 21.5 games @ 5/6 (Bet365:5/10) Just following stats here. Berdych needed 30 games to beat Tursonov and 33 to beat Golubev, he's still not quite firing yet after a great wimbledon.Still solid stats on serve but not doing a whole lot on return.Malisse should have lost to Giraldo, eventually won and backed it up with good wins over Benneteau and then Isner last night. This bet is simply to oppose Berdych winning easily while he's still appproaching his top form. 21.5 looks like a decent line here. GL!

Cirstea all over the place in early goings. She's sick or something. You hit balls harder in practice. Very disinterested and body language is very bad.
She looks like he she is suffering from low blood pressure in the morning. I wonder will she wake up