** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis: 2-8 August

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Tipsa just seemed too obvious. I was put off because I heard very little support from him on most sites. When I woke up I was 100% going on Tipsa and Chuidinelli but in the end left both. How the hell could Stepanek justify being 1.5 against a decent player after 4 or 5 months out.Then I read that he was looking good in training and was put off. Ah well, thats gambling for you...........:lol

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August

querry won at l.a so janko is definatly worth a shout.th blokes game has been very tight recently and tough to break so querry found out last time.im thinking sam wud want sum rest b4 th slam esp since already accumilating a fine amount of points.querry stil in th usa tho so small stakes 4 me.goodluck
Winner.

Brainless performance by Shvedova. Peer definitely was there for taking. Shvedova lead by a break in both sets' date=' was even serving for the first set. :wall[/quote'] had her to win a set, only saw the final score, now that i see what you wrote i am pissed off, what a b....

Nalbandian vs Wawrinka Well, I don't like to bet against such a dangerous player like Stan Wawrinka, but he comes here after a break of 3 months after a left hamstring injury. He hasn't played since a lost quarterfinal in Monte Carlo on clay in April. Nalbandian was good in Russia (Davis Cup) and smashed Ram in the 1st round in just 52-53 minutes of play. I simply refuse to think that a Nalbandian in good form can't win this match against a Wawrinka who comes after a long time of absence! Fat Nalby is my favourite player from the ATP, a player with huge talent, he is a player that in a good day can win every player from tour... The h2h is 5-2 in favour of Wawrinka, but tonight the Swiss will be punished, I am pretty sure that Nalbandian is hungry... Tip: Nalbandian @ 1.78 on Pinnacle 8/10
:clap 6-1 6-3 and I am honest to say I didn't wait other score :notworthy Fat Nalby, the most talented player from history

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Srebotnik vs Cirstea Perfect opportunity for the Romanian youngster to reach a high phase in this tournament, because if Cirstea will pass old Srebotnik now, she will meet Klara Zakopalova, usually a clay-courter. The tournament from Copenhagen is similar with the tournament from Luxembourg where Cirstea had good performances. Same indoor hard. It is so nice to see Sori without injuries and with a good morale now. Last year she had problems with her leg, at the start of this year with her hand, always with a bandage, couldn't serve and to use her main weapon, the big forehand. I watched Cirstea's match against Kvitova and I was impressed. Very nice level of both players and in the end the most consistent won. I must confess I watched Sorana in Istanbul too and I saw from there an improvement, but she wasn't consistent all the time like here, so she lost against the girl who won the tournament, the Russian Pavlyuchenkova. I must say that the tournament was also on hard, but indoor, Sori playing better indoor from my point of view. Indoor was also the Hopman Cup this year, where Cirstea defeated Stosur... About Srebotnik, not much to say... She is 29 years old now, coming after some injuries, she is not the same player anymore that could have fought against the top players. Her results say nothing and I have almost no doubt that she will lose here. In the first round, she passed a mediocre player Glatch, who is still living with the victories against Kvitova and Pennetta, the last one an accident from my point of view, because Flavia took her revenge after that. One mention also: Cirstea worked with Gilbert in the last weeks and trained with the Agassi family so maybe her old personality is back and she might be hungry again. No injury anymore, she served very well, her forehand was massive and her backhand ok, also the old good defense... She motivated herself all the time! I have a bet with a friend and Sorana needs to enter the top 15 to win it. I am pretty sure she can do it, she is only 20! :ok Still, only 7/10 because Cirstea needs some more time to be very trustable... TIP: Sorana Cirstea to win @ 1.75 on Pinnacle 7/10 :hope

:clap 6-1 6-3 and I am honest to say I didn't wait other score :notworthy Fat Nalby, the most talented player from history
As we call him in Argentina, El rey (the king) David always delivers. He is definately a player to look after in this kind of tournaments. He has won 10 sets in a row against very good players (except Ram) and seems to be in very good mental and phisical shape.

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August OMG OMG OMG jankovic 4-0 then 3 set points wasted and she lost the set 7-5 how the **** can there be such a ******* bitch how the hell is that ******* possible 4-0 up then 3 set points and loses the set how the **** is it possible

OMG OMG OMG jankovic 4-0 then 3 set points wasted and she lost the set 7-5 how the **** can there be such a ******* bitch how the hell is that ******* possible 4-0 up then 3 set points and loses the set how the **** is it possible
In her last two tournaments Jankovic retired because of injuries. She is probably not 100% fit yet. But this has been discussed in this thread on tuesday. You must read carefully ;)

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Hercog x Cirstea parlay @ 2.24 at local bookie Polona Herzog plays in good form and Kethavong that somehow managed to beat Arviddsson in the 1st round - which was her 1st victory aftear a streak of four losses in the 1st round - should not be a big problem. Cirstea did not show her best performance against Kvitova, yet she managed to win. Cirstea biggest problem in the match with Kvitova was Kvitova's leftie forehand return to her backhand, which is eliminated now because Srebotnik plays righthanded. Moreover, Srebotnik is weaker opponent than Kvitova even in her today's bad form.

Srebotnik vs Cirstea Perfect opportunity for the Romanian youngster to reach a high phase in this tournament, because if Cirstea will pass old Srebotnik now, she will meet Klara Zakopalova, usually a clay-courter. The tournament from Copenhagen is similar with the tournament from Luxembourg where Cirstea had good performances. Same indoor hard. It is so nice to see Sori without injuries and with a good morale now. Last year she had problems with her leg, at the start of this year with her hand, always with a bandage, couldn't serve and to use her main weapon, the big forehand. I watched Cirstea's match against Kvitova and I was impressed. Very nice level of both players and in the end the most consistent won. I must confess I watched Sorana in Istanbul too and I saw from there an improvement, but she wasn't consistent all the time like here, so she lost against the girl who won the tournament, the Russian Pavlyuchenkova. I must say that the tournament was also on hard, but indoor, Sori playing better indoor from my point of view. Indoor was also the Hopman Cup this year, where Cirstea defeated Stosur... About Srebotnik, not much to say... She is 29 years old now, coming after some injuries, she is not the same player anymore that could have fought against the top players. Her results say nothing and I have almost no doubt that she will lose here. In the first round, she passed a mediocre player Glatch, who is still living with the victories against Kvitova and Pennetta, the last one an accident from my point of view, because Flavia took her revenge after that. One mention also: Cirstea worked with Gilbert in the last weeks and trained with the Agassi family so maybe her old personality is back and she might be hungry again. No injury anymore, she served very well, her forehand was massive and her backhand ok, also the old good defense... She motivated herself all the time! I have a bet with a friend and Sorana needs to enter the top 15 to win it. I am pretty sure she can do it, she is only 20! :ok Still, only 7/10 because Cirstea needs some more time to be very trustable... TIP: Sorana Cirstea to win @ 1.75 on Pinnacle 7/10 :hope
Great post from Poltergeist. I'd second this and for me this is the bet of the day, well at Copenhagen. Cristea to win 1.75 pinnacle good luck all :hope

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Sorana Cirstea to beat Katarina Srebotnik. 1.81 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Really surprised to see odds like that on Cirstea and they're not dropping. Maybe there's something I don't know. She looked fine against Kvitova and generally speaking has had decent past couple weeks. Got couple good wins in Istanbul last week and was beaten only by the eventual champ Pavlyuchenkova. Srebotnik is definitely past her best and coming back from injury has not worked out as good as she would have wanted. Not much of a results either and on current form Cirstea should be clear favorite to win this match. Anna Chakvetadze -4 games AH vs Anna Lapuschenkova. 1.80 @ 188bet (7/10) Lapuschenkova got a win against Pironkova but it has to be said that the Bulgarian was not in the match at all and was very disinterested. That type of match is not what you want to prepare for a really hard fight against in-form player like Chakvetadze. Lapuschenkova will find it hard to take much away from her compatriot in long rallies and serve issues will come into the picture as well. Lapuschenkova has got terrible serve and Chakvetadze will hurt her big time. I think 4 games here is the right reflection of current situation and Chakvetadze should be able to cover this handicap. Daniela Hantuchova to beat Jie Zheng. 1.71 @ Pinnacle (10/10) Hantuchova loves playing in America and has had great results here in the past. She came back against Bartoli and beat the French woman in 3 sets saving couple match points on her way. Zheng is a very crafty player and make this match a real contest though will struggle against Hantuchova's power from serve and baseline exchanges. Hantuchova has beaten Zheng both times they've played and will be good for another success.

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Hercog looks too short to me. Cirstea is drifting which is a bit odd so have to take the 1.8 on offer. Cirstea to beat Srebotnik @ 4/5 (Boyles:5/10) Definite improvement in the last few weeks. I thought she was unlucky to lose to Pavyluchenkova last week - looked like she was gonna get ahead in that first set but eventually fell away in the second. She looked pumped against Kvitova aswell, confidence coming back. 1.8 looks a solid price here. Bit worried by the drift but the market is not always right. Also have a mug parlay involving Verdasco, Wozniacki and Berdych. Was gonna put Isner in aswell but he pulled out of doubles I think with a shoulder problem.

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Srebotnik to beat Cristea, I can't see why everyone is jumping on Cristea but Srebotnik will win today. IMO slightly better player(in which is a very even match up) + more experienced. Don't be surprised when Srebotnik comes out on top 2 sets to 1. In which will be a 3 setter.

Everything's ok in Cirstea game. She won first set and now managed early break. Don't know why all world backed Srebotnik.. She's not good.
Well she's won the 2nd set. I'm on cirstea. Knew well enough when i seen ur post the whole thing wud be jinxed :wall