** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis: 2-8 August

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August First of all i want to congratulate Psycho, IAmGooner and all other great bettors who activate in this forum. I check this tennis sections for some months but not making any posts yet till today when i decide to crack the silence. Keothavong - Arvidsson, Arvidsson to win @ 1.71 via Pinnacle (5/10) My pick for today is based especially on h2h history where Sofia leads with 5-3. I think Sofia is superior and the indoor surface fits very well for his style and the last 3 indoor victories from Memphis (this year), St. Pauli ITF (2007) and Quebec (2005) proove his superiority. good luck everyone :hope

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Any thoughts about T.Malek - M.Ejdesgaard match? Ejdesgaard here is the underdog of the day, and I think she will lose, but do you think she is able to break Malek at least once? I am asking with live beting in mind. Total underdogs capable of showing some resistance are pure gold mine there. Ideally losing the first set and taking advantage of the favourite's tanking in the second :D

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventIvanovic - Peer
SelectionIvanovic
Strength10/10
Date03/08/2010
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.56
ReasoningPeer played awfull match last week against Kirilenko and I just can't believe she is such a favourite in this one.Of course Ana is in crappy form but she can always make a solid performance.Especially on hard courts.I believe that Ana has much bigger chance to win this one than the odds are suggesting.Worth a shot imo.

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Llodra to beat Sweeting 1.885 at Pinnacle (6/10) IMO LLodra is huge favourtite so i think this are very good odds. he comes in top form after beating verdasco in Davis cup and has been playing pretty well for the last months (he only has 2 losses after Roland Garros nad they are in grass against Fish and Roddick). In the other hand Sweeting is a level below LLodra and despite he has beaten Blake ( he is not anymore the player he used to be), he is not even a top 100 player so that shows he should not be a challenge to the frenchman. :hope

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Brian Dabul vs Marco Chiudinelli Rank 91 against rank 63. WHY THE BOOKIES ARE OVERRATING SO MUCH DABUL? Brian Dabul is a challenger player, with no big force, not fantastically agressive and can be easily broken by a good player; note also that he is just 1.70 m. I watched Dabul many times and he is way too overrated, he never defeated good players a won challenger in Winnetka with hard victories against Smyczek or Raonic says nothing. I watched him against Olivier Rochus on grass at Newport and he was pathetic for this level, just a decent challenger level... When he met a decent good player he lost. Like against Nishikori... Watch his results, he never raised his level beating better players, only challenger players, with one exception at Indian Wells where he won a not fit Leonardo Mayer in a strange match and poor Simon! Dabul exactly after Indian Wells, lost in the 1st round of other tournaments, 1-2 against Marsel Ilhan and in straight sets against Kuznetsova, SO HE HAS PROBLEMS AGAINST BIG SERVERS! He has no chances against a player like Chiudinelli. From 60 to 90 place is a certain difference of level. Hanescu for example is about 50 and he is decent player, if not good, same as Chiudinelli. Chiudinelli IS a good player and can fight with many from top 30, Dabul can't. I watched both lately and Chiudinelli is in very good form is he managed to play good on clay, which was not his best surface. Chiudinelli's best surface IS the fast one, the hard. I simply don't understand the bookies and I don't care that the Swiss comes directly from clay... Marco is very tall and with a fantastic serve. I don't think Chiudinelli can lose more than 1 time the serve against this player, because he is very strong in this moment. He usually played very agressive serve and volley, but now I watched him on clay playing also rallies, so this is good for this bet. Dabul I am pretty sure he will lose his serve 2-3 times and this will be enough for Marco's victory... I rarely recommend big stakes on big odds, but this is a bookie mistake and this is the bet-of-the-day and the only match from tennis today that I like. If somebody will come and say that I am not right, I will put him to watch some highlights with both players: Tip: Marco Chiudinelli to win @ 2.00 9/10 Bet365

Can not understand why Dabul is underdog against Chiudinelli. Ok, maybe because Swiss is ranked little better. Dabuls in good form winning 13 of his last 15 games and have a great year on US hard courts, won challenger last month defeating Sweeting (who just made a great come back against Blake!) in the final to get his second chal. title on these courts. Had some good wins over Leo Mayer and Gilles Simon earlier in Indian Wales. Chiudinelli don't really like this courts and his form isn't that good atm to be rated as a fav against high flying Argie. Most of the bookies already facing their mistake but 365 still have Dabul @ evens and i'm happy to take that with some medium stakes. Dabul @ 2 bet365 (6/10)
Sweeting is a bad player, Blake is old, I watched both players in the last 2 tournaments. At Indian Wells, in that period Leo Mayer had problems with the injuries and Simon we all know how shit became this player. What about Dabul who lost after Indian Wells in the next 2 tournaments in 1st round against Marsel Ilhan and straight sets against Kuznetsov? Chiudinelli is also a big server and a gift from the bookies... :nana

Llodra to beat Sweeting 1.885 at Pinnacle (6/10) IMO LLodra is huge favourtite so i think this are very good odds. he comes in top form after beating verdasco in Davis cup and has been playing pretty well for the last months (he only has 2 losses after Roland Garros nad they are in grass against Fish and Roddick). In the other hand Sweeting is a level below LLodra and despite he has beaten Blake ( he is not anymore the player he used to be), he is not even a top 100 player so that shows he should not be a challenge to the frenchman. :hope
yea was thinking the same will follow you on this GL evry1

I have Benesova in my "funny parlay" Srebotnik x Zahlavova x Benesova x Herzog x Baltacha. I think she wins.
OK, I did not announce this parlay officially and in time, but one always feels good when a 5-teamer comes up :cheers Here is another one for San Diego that could work: Dulko x Wickmayer x Pennetta @ 2.48 local bookie

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Agnieszka Radwanska vs Chanelle Scheepers. Over 19 games. 1.88 @ Pinnacle. (6/10) This is a repeat of last week's match in Stanford. Radwanska was huge favorite in that won and was pushed all the way and escaped with a 3-set win. One week on and bookies have gone out with similar odds. I think Scheepers has got pretty good chance to do the trick again and 19 games is way too short considering they played 3 sets under a week ago. I'm going with statistics here and taking over.

Sorana Cirstea (ROU' date= #63) to beat Petra Kvitova (CZE, #31) 2.66 at local bookie (5/10) 20 yrs old SoranaCirstea meets today 20 yrs old left handed Petra Kvitova in Copenhagen. Petra made a huge appearance in Wimbledon this year, where she lost in semi with Serena Williams. Since then, however, she is struggling - she lost in the 1st round in all tournaments on hard she played after Wimbledon: in Portoroz with Voegele 5:7 2:6 and in Istanbul last week with Sevastova in a weird three setter 2:6 6:0 4:6. Sorana had two weeks off after Budapest (clay) where she lost in the 1st round with inconsistent Ondraskova, and just had a quite successful week in Istanbul, where she reached QF aftear beating Larsson (finalist from Portoroz), and lost with the ultimate tournament winner Pavlyuschenkova. H2H this year is 1:0 for Petra that beat Sorana in the 1st round in Wimbledon on grass. But my opinion is that Sorana has now better form on hard and certainly has a chance to beat Kvitova. I go with nice odds.
Very Good Job Mate! :beer

Brian Dabul vs Marco Chiudinelli Rank 91 against rank 63. WHY THE BOOKIES ARE OVERRATING SO MUCH DABUL? Brian Dabul is a challenger player, with no big force, not fantastically agressive and can be easily broken by a good player; note also that he is just 1.70 m. I watched Dabul many times and he is way too overrated, he never defeated good players a won challenger in Winnetka with hard victories against Smyczek or Raonic says nothing. I watched him against Olivier Rochus on grass at Newport and he was pathetic for this level, just a decent challenger level... When he met a decent good player he lost. Like against Nishikori... Watch his results, he never raised his level beating better players, only challenger players, with one exception at Indian Wells where he won a not fit Leonardo Mayer in a strange match and poor Simon! Dabul exactly after Indian Wells, lost in the 1st round of other tournaments, 1-2 against Marsel Ilhan and in straight sets against Kuznetsova, SO HE HAS PROBLEMS AGAINST BIG SERVERS! He has no chances against a player like Chiudinelli. From 60 to 90 place is a certain difference of level. Hanescu for example is about 50 and he is decent player, if not good, same as Chiudinelli. Chiudinelli IS a good player and can fight with many from top 30, Dabul can't. I watched both lately and Chiudinelli is in very good form is he managed to play good on clay, which was not his best surface. Chiudinelli's best surface IS the fast one, the hard. I simply don't understand the bookies and I don't care that the Swiss comes directly from clay... Marco is very tall and with a fantastic serve. I don't think Chiudinelli can lose more than 1 time the serve against this player, because he is very strong in this moment. He usually played very agressive serve and volley, but now I watched him on clay playing also rallies, so this is good for this bet. Dabul I am pretty sure he will lose his serve 2-3 times and this will be enough for Marco's victory... I rarely recommend big stakes on big odds, but this is a bookie mistake and this is the bet-of-the-day and the only match from tennis today that I like. If somebody will come and say that I am not right, I will put him to watch some highlights with both players: Tip: Marco Chiudinelli to win @ 2.00 9/10 Bet365
Even 2.40 until the game... :clap 7-6 6-1 Chiudinelli, he rarely disappointed me! :cheers

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Lol. Gasquet died after losing the first set against Vliegen. Had a feeling about this but didn't go for it. He must have been very stupid to enter this match in the first place having played final on completely different surface (clay), on the other side of the world just couple days ago.

Got a 'funny parley' of my own. Gonzalez mahut riba gimero traver and gasquet(vliegen cant win shit in shitting contest.maybe tired maybe not gasquet should win) for entertainment purposes
Funny parley winner.Gasquet retires tho.i knew he wasent 100% was a gamble.bet was just over 4/1 incl gasquet.dunno now Poltergeist ur post was to persuasive to not concider seriously.went in with big stakes and its my main rule to avoid going in big!great call mate.well done.thanx for th early bday gift bookies :P

Oh yeah just got micheal berrer first set winner.shud account for missing cistea first set winner.i like this bet for underdogs.hits quite often
I guess Verdasco has got problem playing against lefties. That's about match-up vs Berrer.

Lol. Gasquet died after losing the first set against Vliegen. Had a feeling about this but didn't go for it. He must have been very stupid to enter this match in the first place having played final on completely different surface (clay)' date=' on the other side of the world just couple days ago.[/quote'] Now that we got couple of retiremets, it would be nice to discuss Jankovic's wednesday match with Kleybanova. As we all know, Jankovic retired due to ankle injury in Portoroz two weeks ago and did not play since then. Does anyone have info about her?

Now that we got couple of retiremets' date=' it would be nice to discuss Jankovic's wednesday match with Kleybanova. As we all know, Jankovic retired due to ankle injury in Portoroz two weeks ago and did not play since then. Does anyone have info about her?[/quote'] I know for sure that I'm gonna stay away from this match. First of all Jankovic is a smarter player and her defensive skills should be crucial here to get past Kleybanova but fitness wise there are doubts over Janko. I guess it's 50/50 match in current conditions. Won't touch this one.

Agnieszka Radwanska vs Chanelle Scheepers. Over 19 games. 1.88 @ Pinnacle. (6/10) This is a repeat of last week's match in Stanford. Radwanska was huge favorite in that won and was pushed all the way and escaped with a 3-set win. One week on and bookies have gone out with similar odds. I think Scheepers has got pretty good chance to do the trick again and 19 games is way too short considering they played 3 sets under a week ago. I'm going with statistics here and taking over.
Winner! :cheers

Funny parley winner.Gasquet retires tho.i knew he wasent 100% was a gamble.bet was just over 4/1 incl gasquet.dunno now Poltergeist ur post was to persuasive to not concider seriously.went in with big stakes and its my main rule to avoid going in big!great call mate.well done.thanx for th early bday gift bookies :P
you're welcome, pal! now send Tshabalala to Steaua and I will forgive you! :drums

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August opinions on wawrinka-nalbandian ? nalbandian has got ''very'' 2 very good 3-0 wins last month against youzhny and davydenko but both are not in top forms and they were davis cup matches so may be they were not very motivated. wawrinka also is having a rather good year and at 2.15 i am thinking of backing him , what do you guys think ?

Hercog to beat Groenefeld @ 1/2 (Skybet:6pts) Hercog x Wozniacki 2-0 @ 4/5 (Skybet:3pts) WTA San Diego: Peer to beat Ivanovic @ 4/5 (Bwin: 2pts) WTA San Diego: Wickmayer to beat Kuznetsova @ Evens (Various: 1pt)
WIN WIN WIN LOSS Great day.