** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis: 2-8 August

ATP Washington. WTA San Diego and Copenhagen. ATP Washington: Istomin to beat Leo Mayer @ 4/5 (Boyles: 1pt) Have to oppose Mayer, his form seems to be gone lately after good showing at Rolland Garros...losing to Robert, Monfils, Youzhny and Blake since without winning a set.Istomin had a few bad losses on clay lately but he's not that comfortable on the surface, definitely his weakest. On fast surfaces he's done pretty well this year.Small stake as its the first round and Istomin played in Europe at the start of last week. GL!

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August WTA San Diego: Peer to beat Ivanovic @ 4/5 (Bwin: 2pts) Most bookies have her at 4/6, but this is more appealing. I understand Peer has just changed coach and might be making some adjustments to her game,but until I see Ivanovic showing consistent improvement I think I'll oppse her when the price is right. Peer beat Hantuchova and lost to Kirilenko last week, hopefully improvement from her this week.....has beaten Ivanovic twice before on fast surfaces and in general is a solid player, who returns and defends well. So not an easy one for Ivanovic. GL!

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August And WTA San Diego: Wickmayer to beat Kuznetsova @ Evens (Various: 1pt) Would have loved a bigger price on Wickmayer here but the bookies aren't stupid, Kuznetsova not having a good year so it's likely a 50:50 match but Wickmayer as underdog still worth taking in my view. Kuznetsova hasn't played since Wimbledon where she lost to the inconsistent Rodionova(and struggled to a 3-set win over Amanmuradova in the previous round). Many other losses this year to Makarova, Kirilenko, Suarez-Navarro, Kulikova. Definite poor year by her standards.Wickmayer is a pretty good player, bit of a ball-basher....won a few matches in Stanford last week against Chan and Cibulkova before 3 set loss to Stosur.Hopefully stand her in good stead for this week. Patchy player but chance for the win here. GL!

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August

Sorry, I'm new in betting - I dont know what these lines mean: Points? Is this stake, like 1/10, 2/10 etc ? Tnx for the answer
Yes it means points like 1/10, or 2/10, simply keep others to know how much is he confident on on or another game. personaly i'm playing like this 10 LTL = 1pts, 50LTL = 5pts, 100 = max 10/10! but sometimes i forget to post my pts :spank

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Yeah, just adjusting my stakes because it's 1st round and the week before a masters event.Not really representing my confidence in those bets, but after watching alot of players showing really careless attitudes in recent weeks I think it's the only way to go in the early rounds. Much easier to go bigger stake after watching a player play at least one round, to gauge what his attitude and motivation is like. Stosur's price is dropping in most places to win in San Diego. But still available @ 7/1 at Bet365. I think she is definitely worth a go e/w which is 1/2 the odds placed 1st or 2nd. Stosur E/W to win WTA San Diego @ 7/1 (Bet365:1pt:1/2 odds placed 1-2) Price is dropping in most places because Azarenka has pulled out and that makes her route to the final all the more easier. Round one...she has a bye R16 vs Oudin or lucky loser from qualifiers who replaces Azarenka....clear favourite here. 1/4's vs Pennetta or Kirilenko.....on a hard court she is better than both. 1/2's vs Zvonareva or Wickmayer/Kuznetsova.......she beat Wickmayer last week in Stanford and really she wasn't at her best there. Zvonareva is a quality player but clearly struggles with Stosur as shown by the 5-1 h2h record. Not a bad route to the final I think.`She would be favourite in all those matches so I see value in taking her e/w here. GL!

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Jafra, just trying a different staking method for this week. Typically I'd go Istomin 4/10 and maybe 7/10 on the 2 womens bets........:ok Milano, looks a tough match to me. Kleybanova has won all their matches on faster surfaces but her form looks shaky enough. Losing to Ivanovic so easily last week is not a good result. Good luck whatever you pick.

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Safina vs Bondarenko is priced @ Pinnacle OVER 21.5 games @ 2.040 UNDER 21.5 games @ 1.826 I expected the odds to be the other way around there.Bondarenko not played since Wimbledon and I think she got married a few weeks back but 6 of Safina's 7 matches since returning from injury have gone over this line. Value on the overs I think but think I'll leave it.

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Hi Hi Hi :cheers for me today : Ramirez Hidalgo over Kudryatsev 8/10 1,65 local bookie Blake over Sweeting 9/10 1,4 local bookie Schuttler over Marchenko 1,6 8/10 local bookie Ramirez played well on hard in Pozeblanco and he won tournament. He played some silid matches on clay. Kudryatsev is poor player I think, Ramirez is playing at home, he need some points and this is very good opportunity for him. Blake had injury, but he is fit now. no problems. He played well in LA and he is better like Sweeting at the moment. Best match today in my opinion. Schuttler is old player. Played some good matches in USA before this against Marchenko. His form is better. Service is not the best now, but baseline play is huge. Return too. This is big tournament and i see here Schuttlers win..,

Jafra, just trying a different staking method for this week. Typically I'd go Istomin 4/10 and maybe 7/10 on the 2 womens bets........:ok Milano, looks a tough match to me. Kleybanova has won all their matches on faster surfaces but her form looks shaky enough. Losing to Ivanovic so easily last week is not a good result. Good luck whatever you pick.
No problem,your stakes are your stakes, I just wanted to resolve my doubt. Anyway, tnx for great picks and previews :)

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Really not much from the opening day. Having just couple matches in San Diego to kick off this week. Have to admit that I was tempted to go under or take handicap for Na Li over Plyskova but will stay away from it. So here's what I've decided on San Diego. I'm backing underdogs in both early matches. Alisa Kleybanova > Aravane Rezai. 2.15 @ Centrebet. (6/10) I expect some good stuff from Kleybanova on US hard court swing. She did quite well here in spring and should be ok for another go. She has already played one match last week going down to Ana Ivanovic which was a bit of a surprise but things like that happen. Today she will open San Diego bid with a match against highly rated and promissing French woman Aravane Rezai who on her day can be unplayable as we saw in Madrid, though that was on clay. She has done not much since then and will definitely struggle against Kleybanova who can match Rezai in baseline powerful rallies. I see no reason why Rezai should be rated as a favorite here, even more so considering that she's beaten Kleybanova only 2 times out of 5 and both wins came on clay which is no surprise. Kleybanova has beaten Rezai on all matches they've contested on fast surfaces and I expect her to come up with goods today again. Alisa for me has got a bit more brains here and plays just a little bit more cautios tennis comparing to Rezai blazing all guns all the time and making lots of unforced errors. Kleybanova win here for me. Sara Errani > Olga Govortsova. 2.25 @ Pinnacle (8/10) This is another match in which I totally can not understand odds. Both players are pretty even with Errani having slight edge not only because on playing qualities but also on form. Govortsova has not won a lot matches lately and still is pretty much where she was at the start of the season. Errani is a fighter and makes her opponents run a lot. She doesn't posses huge power but she can make you run all day long until you're done unless you can overpower Errani and Govortsova doesn't have got that much power and therefore will struggle in this match-up. Errani has won the only H2H, also on hard in straight sets last year and I'm backing to do it again. GL!

Alisa Kleybanova > Aravane Rezai. 2.15 @ Centrebet. (6/10) I expect some good stuff from Kleybanova on US hard court swing. She did quite well here in spring and should be ok for another go. She has already played one match last week going down to Ana Ivanovic which was a bit of a surprise but things like that happen. Today she will open San Diego bid with a match against highly rated and promissing French woman Aravane Rezai who on her day can be unplayable as we saw in Madrid, though that was on clay. She has done not much since then and will definitely struggle against Kleybanova who can match Rezai in baseline powerful rallies. I see no reason why Rezai should be rated as a favorite here, even more so considering that she's beaten Kleybanova only 2 times out of 5 and both wins came on clay which is no surprise. Kleybanova has beaten Rezai on all matches they've contested on fast surfaces and I expect her to come up with goods today again. Alisa for me has got a bit more brains here and plays just a little bit more cautios tennis comparing to Rezai blazing all guns all the time and making lots of unforced errors. Kleybanova win here for me.
nice call, followed you :beercheers

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Can not understand why Dabul is underdog against Chiudinelli. Ok, maybe because Swiss is ranked little better. Dabuls in good form winning 13 of his last 15 games and have a great year on US hard courts, won challenger last month defeating Sweeting (who just made a great come back against Blake!) in the final to get his second chal. title on these courts. Had some good wins over Leo Mayer and Gilles Simon earlier in Indian Wales. Chiudinelli don't really like this courts and his form isn't that good atm to be rated as a fav against high flying Argie. Most of the bookies already facing their mistake but 365 still have Dabul @ evens and i'm happy to take that with some medium stakes. Dabul @ 2 bet365 (6/10)

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August thiemo de bakker what a piece of ... 5-3 up, 5-4 40-15 serving for the set loses 4 balls in a row and gets broken to 5-5, then at 5-6 , 40-15 serving to get to the tie break, loses 4 balls in a row and gets broken to lose the 1st set. ******* joke or what? kind of hard to believe...

Really not much from the opening day. Having just couple matches in San Diego to kick off this week. Have to admit that I was tempted to go under or take handicap for Na Li over Plyskova but will stay away from it. So here's what I've decided on San Diego. I'm backing underdogs in both early matches. Alisa Kleybanova > Aravane Rezai. 2.15 @ Centrebet. (6/10) I expect some good stuff from Kleybanova on US hard court swing. She did quite well here in spring and should be ok for another go. She has already played one match last week going down to Ana Ivanovic which was a bit of a surprise but things like that happen. Today she will open San Diego bid with a match against highly rated and promissing French woman Aravane Rezai who on her day can be unplayable as we saw in Madrid, though that was on clay. She has done not much since then and will definitely struggle against Kleybanova who can match Rezai in baseline powerful rallies. I see no reason why Rezai should be rated as a favorite here, even more so considering that she's beaten Kleybanova only 2 times out of 5 and both wins came on clay which is no surprise. Kleybanova has beaten Rezai on all matches they've contested on fast surfaces and I expect her to come up with goods today again. Alisa for me has got a bit more brains here and plays just a little bit more cautios tennis comparing to Rezai blazing all guns all the time and making lots of unforced errors. Kleybanova win here for me. Sara Errani > Olga Govortsova. 2.25 @ Pinnacle (8/10) This is another match in which I totally can not understand odds. Both players are pretty even with Errani having slight edge not only because on playing qualities but also on form. Govortsova has not won a lot matches lately and still is pretty much where she was at the start of the season. Errani is a fighter and makes her opponents run a lot. She doesn't posses huge power but she can make you run all day long until you're done unless you can overpower Errani and Govortsova doesn't have got that much power and therefore will struggle in this match-up. Errani has won the only H2H, also on hard in straight sets last year and I'm backing to do it again. GL!
followed Errani but you got both! thanks and you are on fire mate!! :@ :clap

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Sorana Cirstea (ROU, #63) to beat Petra Kvitova (CZE, #31) 2.66 at local bookie (5/10) 20 yrs old SoranaCirstea meets today 20 yrs old left handed Petra Kvitova in Copenhagen. Petra made a huge appearance in Wimbledon this year, where she lost in semi with Serena Williams. Since then, however, she is struggling - she lost in the 1st round in all tournaments on hard she played after Wimbledon: in Portoroz with Voegele 5:7 2:6 and in Istanbul last week with Sevastova in a weird three setter 2:6 6:0 4:6. Sorana had two weeks off after Budapest (clay) where she lost in the 1st round with inconsistent Ondraskova, and just had a quite successful week in Istanbul, where she reached QF aftear beating Larsson (finalist from Portoroz), and lost with the ultimate tournament winner Pavlyuschenkova. H2H this year is 1:0 for Petra that beat Sorana in the 1st round in Wimbledon on grass. But my opinion is that Sorana has now better form on hard and certainly has a chance to beat Kvitova. I go with nice odds.

Can not understand why Dabul is underdog against Chiudinelli. Ok, maybe because Swiss is ranked little better. Dabuls in good form winning 13 of his last 15 games and have a great year on US hard courts, won challenger last month defeating Sweeting (who just made a great come back against Blake!) in the final to get his second chal. title on these courts. Had some good wins over Leo Mayer and Gilles Simon earlier in Indian Wales. Chiudinelli don't really like this courts and his form isn't that good atm to be rated as a fav against high flying Argie. Most of the bookies already facing their mistake but 365 still have Dabul @ evens and i'm happy to take that with some medium stakes. Dabul @ 2 bet365 (6/10)
When I opened bet365 before around an hour odds were 1,90 In just 15 minutes they fell like this 1,90->1,82->1,72 (for Dabul)

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Kristina Barrois -3 AH vs Yvonne Meusburger. 1.91 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Barrois comes into this match as a clear favorite and indoor conditions will suit her more than Meusburger who very rarely plays on any other surface than clay. Her results are very average on other surfaces and Barrois can definitely hit some balls, especially on faster surfaces. Her serve is ok and return game even better sometimes. She uses her biggest weapon backhand slice a lot and makes her opponents go mad after few exchanges. I can see Meusburger not surving this match from tactics point of view. Barrois leads H2H 3-0 and in current conditions should be able to get comfortable win. 3 games isn't that much indeed.

ATP Washington: Istomin to beat Leo Mayer @ 4/5 (Boyles: 1pt)
WIN........lucky one but no complaints. Nice calls last night Psycho...:ok Few bets waiting from San Diego, but will take a couple from Copenhagen aswell. Hercog to beat Groenefeld @ 1/2 (Skybet:6pts) Hercog has done most of her work on clay but I'd still be surprised if she lost this. She does have the game to do OK on hard surfaces, good serve and forehand. Groenefeld qualified here but had a 3 setter with Danilidou in the last round.She's been pretty bad for months, out of shape.Hercog should be a level above here. Hercog x Wozniacki 2-0 @ 4/5 (Skybet:3pts) Will add Wozniacki 2-0 aswell for this double. She plays Martic but Wozniacki has crushed her already on hard court 6-1 6-0 at the US Open last year, and should do this in two today aswell. It's her home tournament, all the focus is on her and I think she'll be highly motivated for this one. GL!

i have a simillar one srebotnik' date=' zahlavova and benesova :ok :hope looking nice start[/quote'] Yep, Zahlavova was a bit underrated by bookies, but one never knows with Sandra because she easily collapses. Looking good so far, though. The deciding match here will be Benesova. I put only a very small amount on funny parlays in the 1st round, so I can handle if Benesova chokes.