Tennis: 26 July - 1 August

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August bobby ginepri to beat rainer schuettler at 8-13 skybet! 2 points normally i would never back bobby ginepri at odds on but i think there is value in this price!! even though schuettler won easy against zeballos last week and did show some moments of class...he still didnt impress me...he's lacking consistency and his forehand was dodgy!! its also worth noting that zeballos was atrocious and ended up retiring injured! last week schuettler was beaten by russell and i have faith in robby to show his class in this one!! obviously he played fantastic tennis on the clay in the french open beating ferrero on the way to the 4th round but he has went off the boil a bit since then( as usual)! but it's the US hard court season where he usually tends to play his best tennis on the run in to the US open!! last week he lost to mardy fish which is no disgrace as mardy is on fire and yesterday he beat a dangerous opponent in ilia bozoljac which is a good sign that his game is in good shape (normally i would never back robby in a first round....the further he gets in a tournament and the better the opponents he plays the more backable he gets due to form,confidence and value inprice)! both himself and rainer are good returners so i expect there to be some breaks of serve for sure but i feel robby(when playing well) is more consistent off both wings and far less likely to break down in long ralleys...i expect shchuettler to net a few forehands! i feel robbys in a good place right now and i think he can show his class in front of the home fans against a veteran opponent whose best days are behind him at this stage!

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August

vera dushevina to beat sevastova 8-11 bet365 2 points!
Totally agree with you on this one smeg. 1,8 offered on Vera in my local surely is worth of trying (6/10) bet365 have Dolgopolov @ 3 and they will get my stake back in case he retires. He is by far better player than Skugor and those odds are great value. Worth of risking even some higher stakes but only 7 units for me :hope

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August Dologopolov over Skugor 7/10 @3,43 5Dimes Bookmakers, thank you for this huge odds. I have some unofficial informations from Umag, Dolgopolov is "fit", he played double yesterday. Skugor-Lorenzi is the same...Dolgopolov is better player, better claycourter, better baseliner...crazy odds because many pepople think that this match is fixed..i think that Dolgopolov is better player and he will win (2:0 for Dolgopolov @5!!)

Igor Andreev -2.5 AH vs Marco Chiudinelli. 2.02 @ 188bet (6/10) I have no idea how Chiudinelli managed to beat Bellucci but it definitely was a huge shock. Having said that I'm aware of how much Marco is capable and he is very average player on clay because serve is not that big and other than that he really has not got much to offer. Andreev definitely much more better player though the minus side is that he has been away for a very long time due to injury. He's beaten Serra here and that win will give him massive boost. -2.5 games is ok on Andreev considering his playing style and Chiudinelli's weaknesses.
That's my bet gone down the pan then :rollin

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August 100% agree on Ginepri, Smeg. Ginepri to beat Schuettler @ 8/13 (Skybet:5/10) Ginepri seems to be have improved his level in recent months. Good showing at the French Open, lost to Fish last week in Atlanta.Watched a bit of him on clay and he's definitely looking better and more consistent from the baseline recently. Beat Bozoljac in round one, good win and he never looked in trouble against a qualifier wh can serve pretty well himself.Schuettler still capable of the odd run, especially on grass, but don't think he's playing that well right now.Very bad loss to Russell last week where his serve looked bad for long spells, and came through rd 1 here courtesy of Zeballos retiring.Ginepri clear favourite for me. GL! Dunno about Dushevina/Sevastova fellas, looks a 3 setter all over to me. Not gonna get involved there.

Dologopolov over Skugor 7/10 @3' date=43 5Dimes Bookmakers, thank you for this huge odds. I have some unofficial informations from Umag, Dolgopolov is "fit", he played double yesterday. Skugor-Lorenzi is the same...Dolgopolov is better player, better claycourter, better baseliner...crazy odds because many pepople think that this match is fixed..i think that Dolgopolov is better player and he will win (2:0 for Dolgopolov @5!!)
BIG WIN:ok @5 2:0 for Dolgopolov!!:notworthy

Sport Tennis
Event Samantha Stosur v McHale Christina
Selection McHale (+6.5) GH (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 28/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 1.84 (Back)
Reasoning Well, Samantha Stosur is a great player as she possess a great serve and forehand, she really can hit some amazing winners but when it comes to those defensive qualities together with the return then the situation changes a lot. Samantha Stosur's return is one of her weak points and her backhand as well, so these two qualities are the base and the most important ones when it comes to dominate the opponent in a stable way indeed. Samantha lacks these qualities and IMO in a such situation there are no really serious reasons for why to offer such a huge line handicap. On the other hand Christina McHale is a new young talented player who is a litter bit underrated here as she is not well known for the good results, but on the court she did impressed, I remember the tournament from Charleston of this year (on clay), then Christina has played some nice and decent tennis. Of course that Stosur is the big favourite in this one and there are no doubts about that but as long as you have a still not stable backhand and return the opponent can use that and force you into errors, thing that what I'm waiting for in this one. Good Luck!

Sport Tennis
Event Yanina Wickmayer vs. Dominika Cibulkova
Selection Wickmayer (-3) GH (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 28/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 2.01 (Back)
Reasoning Well, this one should be a very tight one, or at least this is the first impresion and there are no doubts about that but still it is Yanina Wickmayer who is a better player overall. Wickmayer has improved a lot at the end of 2009 and especially in 2010, she has rised her level in a really meaningful way. On the other hand Dominika Cibulkova is not the player to be underrated of course, but still as I have mentionated she has some qualities under Wickmayer's level and here I will mentionate the groundstrokes together with the serve, Wickmayer is just a litter bit better from this point of view and on hard this aspects count a lot. Wickmayer has been a more consistent player in 2010 than Cibulkova who had more downs in her play this season. All in all, this one could surely be just a very tough one but Wickmayer shoud be the player to dominate the rallies and to play with more stability on her serve, better serve and forehand can make the difference in this one. Good Luck!

Sport Tennis
Event Yanina Wickmayer vs. Dominika Cibulkova
Selection Wickmayer (-3) GH (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 28/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 2.01 (Back)
Reasoning Well, this one should be a very tight one, or at least this is the first impresion and there are no doubts about that but still it is Yanina Wickmayer who is a better player overall. Wickmayer has improved a lot at the end of 2009 and especially in 2010, she has rised her level in a really meaningful way. On the other hand Dominika Cibulkova is not the player to be underrated of course, but still as I have mentionated she has some qualities under Wickmayer's level and here I will mentionate the groundstrokes together with the serve, Wickmayer is just a litter bit better from this point of view and on hard this aspects count a lot. Wickmayer has been a more consistent player in 2010 than Cibulkova who had more downs in her play this season. All in all, this one could surely be just a very tough one but Wickmayer shoud be the player to dominate the rallies and to play with more stability on her serve, better serve and forehand can make the difference in this one. Good Luck!
i´m following this one! :hope

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August Marcos Baghdatis -3.5 AH vs Ryan Sweeting. 1.83 @ Pinnacle. (5/10) This will be Baghdatis first match after a longer break and he will be relieved as much as anything to finally get back on hard where he has had his best results thus far. He had decent spring hard court season with a stand out result against certain Roger Federer in Indian Wells. First match is never easy after long break but for Baghdatis it will be a bit easier because he has to play against average player in Sweeting. The American youngster get past first round by beating out of form Vliegen and was broken 6 times in that match which is no good. Bahgdatis has got quality to punish players who give him chances. I think The Cypriot's win by 4 games here won't be anything out of the ordinary.

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August Three choices from ATP matches taking place in Europe... Michael Lammer vs Nicolas Almagro. Over 19 games. 1.95 @ Pinnacle (4/10) This is a bit short in my opinion. Lammer playing at home which is always massive boost and Almagro although has got a potential to destroy almost everybody on a clay court has got very inconsistent game and can make lots of rushed shots and unforced errors. Like I said 19 games in this sort f match-up and conditions is a bit short for me. I think Lammer can keep it close for one set at least. Andreas Seppi -3 AH vs Olivier Rochus. 1.90 @ Pinnacle. (5/10) Seppi is more of a clay courter than Rochus. Olivier did get a convincing win in the first round beating Petzschner but the German was ill and this result should not be taken seriously. Rochus will be vulnerable on his serve as he is always and this is not grass or even hard where he can compensate his lack of serve by winning longer rallies. Seppi has got clear advantage in that respect on clay. Not sure the Italian can win this in two sets though he should be good to cover handicap which is just 3 games. Potito Starace -4 AH vs Bjorn Phau. 1.78 @ Pinnacle (8/10) This is a rematch of last week's match in Hamburg. Starace won that one 7-5, 6-0 and basically could have got even better result in the opening set. He has been ok thus far in Umag as well aside one lapse of concentration at the end of the second set against Stakhovsky though managed to pick himself up very quickly and ran away with the third set 6-0. He should be able to run around Phau pretty easily as the German is really not a clay courter or even top 100 level player. Clearly win by 4 games is achievable target.

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August Why not? Don't rate Dodig much but Ljubo coming in without much form. Doing a couple of small stake doubles today, the value has been beaten out of most matches already from what I can see. Larsson(to beat Cirstea) x Gulbis(to beat Falla) @ 2.147 (W Hill:1pt) Have to oppose Cirstea, not much form or confidence recently. Struggled past Amanmuradova in rd 1, a much needed win but it really could have went either way. Larsson is playing very well, reached final in Portoroz last week losing to Chakvetadze(occasion got to her in that one) and killed Schnyder in rd 1 here. Good serve and forehand and playing with confidence. Gulbis just back, beat Lacko in 2 sets in rd 1...usually would leave him here but Falla was pretty poor against Karol Beck. Serve was bad and I expect Gulbis to hold serve most of the time here. Chardy (to beat Nieminem) x Starace (to beat Phau) @ 2.044 (S James:1pt) Chardy seems to be hitting some form, serve is working and that is the big difference here. Nieminem doesn't have the best serve, pretty attackable. He struggled past Alves in rd 1, Chardy seemed pretty good beating Mathieu easily. Should be tougher here but think he's clear fave. Starace a level above Phau on clay. Fognini clearly didn't want to be there in rd 1, gifting the match to Phau. Don't think we'll see that from Starace as he battled past Stakhovsky already...lost a tie-break in the second set but easily won the other 2 sets.Also beat Phau 7-5 6-0 in Hamburg last week so think he gets another win over the German today. GL!

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August And couple WTA matches from Istanbul... Magdalena Rybarikova vs Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova. Over 20.5 games. 2.07 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Despite Pavlyuchenkova being rated as clear favorite I see this match pretty even with the Russian having slight advantage in mental on consistency terms. Though she can be beaten on her best surface by a lesser player as well. We saw that last in Portoroz last week when she was hammered by Larsson. Rybarikova has beaten Anastasia before and will like her chances today. Like I said it's very tough to call though I strongly believe that this match will go over and probably 3 sets. both girls can serve and attack but defensive game is poor so they will cancel each other out in that way. So over 20.5 games it is. Anna Lapushchenkova > Jarmila Groth. 2.71 @ Pinnacle. (4/10) Probably bookies have got this one wrong. I can see Lapuschenkova troubling Groth here. The Aussie Slovak has got massive serve and game built around that but her biggest weakness is not having plan B and Lapuschenkova will ask a lot of questions today. The Russian girl has won couple Challenger titles on this surface this year and she has got very impressive defensive tennis skills - she runs around a lot and never knows when she's beaten. If Groth can't find her serve she will be in trouble. I'm having a crack at Lapuschenkova win here. After all she has beaten Groth before so there's no reason to believe she can not do that again.

Sport Tennis
Event Jeremy Chardy vs. Jarkko Nieminen
Selection Nieminen
Strength 10/10
Date 29/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.63 (Back)
Reasoning Jeremy Chardy v Jarkko Nieminen Well, not the best start for Jarkko Nieminen here at Gstaad as he didn't looked too well in his first game against Thiago Alves, but this was just one game and in one game everything is possible, more than that it was just the first game of a new tournament. Nieminen will playa gainst Jeremy Chardy now and the bookies have rated the frenchman as the favourite and here I will say that I'm just surprised by this decision. There are no doubts that Chardy did made his start clear much better against Mathieu than Nieminen against Thiago Alves, but that can't change some essential things which are based on class and quality. Chardy is not a better player on clay than Nieminen thats for sure, he depend a lot of his serve and forehand, the accuracy is a so important factor for him as he is playing a very riscky style. Chardy's backhand is surely a weak point which Nieminen could take very easy advantage of it, Chardy many times try to hit those winers from very difficult posistions, for that you have to play with very few errors, thing which is always difficult to be done. I rate Nieminen as a better player on clay as he is a complete player if to compare with Chardy who lacks the stability of his backhand, a good movement on the court, these two aspects could be the key. Great value, Good Luck!

Sport Tennis
Event Johanna Larsson vs. Sorana Cirstea
Selection Cirstea
Strength 10/10
Date 29/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.88 (Back)
Reasoning Well, Johanna Larsson had some greta results recently, but most of her good results happened because her opponents didn't played their normal tennis. For example Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, this player has played with so many errors then at Portoroz, Pavlyuchenkova purely tried to hit as always nice winners and wasn't to be her day, Larsson didn't showed nothing special. Another example Patty Schnyder who has played with so many errors too yesterday, again wasn't about Johanna Larsson's great tennis. Today Larsson will play against Sorana Cirstea, a player who possess some great talent but lacks theexperience and the good selection. Larsson is not better than Cirstea thats for sure, from the class point of view there can't be any doubts as the romanian player possess a lot of quality. All in all, there is all about Larsson's moment as she is just overrated right now and she don't deserve that as she didn't showed a really meaningful improvement on the court, it was just all about her oppoenents which purely didn't played their tennis. Good Luck!

Andersson K. +1.5 Sets v Querrey 1.86 at Unibet (6/10) First we have to consider that Andersson is playing solid tennis this and last week. He is a strong server and can take a set from almost every player in this surface i might say. Querrey on the other hand lost his last match on straight sets against a weaker player like Brown on grass. He is very inconsistent sometimes and if he gets broken he will have really hard time trying to break Andersson. At last, they have played 3 matches and the H2H shows than in 2 of them Andersson was able to take a set so this is a value bet for me. :hope
WIN

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August Jurgen Melzer to beat Jan Hajak x Potito Starace to beat Bjorn Phau 1.79@triobet! Melzer is in form this year, reached final of German open, i just can't see him coting much time to beat Jan. Potito starace too is in good shape at the moment, Born didn't played a lot this year, 5-9 record, so i'm expecting Potito big win here probably will go into 2 sets. gl :ok