Tennis: 26 July - 1 August

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August vesnina +1.5sets over petkovic 1.55 at my local My pick is mostly based on petkovic and her week mentality. Watched her for the last month nad she doesn't seem to play her best tennis. Against cornet last week she failed under the pressure every single time she faced it. Serving for the set at 5:4 and loosing 5:7 and in general she wasn't able to convert many chances. Vesnina this week playing some quality tennis crushing voegele and jovanovski and rodionova in the last set. If both bring their best today petkovic is able to win 2:0 but i'm pretty sure this match will be much tougher for petkovic

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August

Groth to win a set vs Pavyluchenkova @ Evens (W Hill:5/10) Seems like a good price to win a set here. Groth playing good tennis lately, 4th rd at the French and Wimbledon...and beat Groenefeld, Lapushchenkova and Dushevina in Istanbul so far. Possesses a good serve which should help her tomorrow. Pavyluchenkova is good but extremely inconsistent, can blast winners and next minute she's hitting errors all over the place. Watched her against Cirstea today and have to say it didn't feel as comfortable as scoreline suggests.....many breaks of serve in the opening set and Cirstea had the advantage a few times but couldn't hold serve herself...in the end she fell away. Evens looks a nice price to take a set in my view. GL!
WIN......great match from Groth today.

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August Never believed Groth would lose that match after the second set.. I just think she was better. But i guess everybody's happy now, you got your 3-setter and i got Pavlychenkovas victory:clap I will definitly go for Chela to win over Starace. Chela looked very confident yesterday winning Davydenko and I think he'll keep on playing well. Starace had two matches yesterday, last one very late in the evening against Ljubicic.. They are both good clay-courters and surely this will be a thight match but i think Chela has the edge since he didn't play two matches yesterday.

Never believed Groth would lose that match after the second set.. I just think she was better. But i guess everybody's happy now, you got your 3-setter and i got Pavlychenkovas victory:clap I will definitly go for Chela to win over Starace. Chela looked very confident yesterday winning Davydenko and I think he'll keep on playing well. Starace had two matches yesterday, last one very late in the evening against Ljubicic.. They are both good clay-courters and surely this will be a thight match but i think Chela has the edge since he didn't play two matches yesterday.
chela looked good yest against davy becos davy wasn't having a good season... yes i think it'll be super tight match :nana

SportTennis
EventFerrero vs. Seppi
SelectionFerrero (-4.5) GH (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date31/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 2.87 (Back)
ReasoningYesterday Juan Carlos Ferrero did looked for the first time after a quite long period to have a easy game, he was all in control and has played with a very limited number of errors. Ferrero did played better against Dolgopolov than he did before that and tthis is a good thing as he shows an improvement of his form. Today he will play against Andreas Seppi, a great baseliner defender who can surely create a lot of troubles to any top player. Both players can play stbale tennis from the baseline and IMO there should be many nice long rallies in this game. Ferrero is the better player, he possess more experience on his side and also even better qualities, his ability and variety to change the angles is on another level if to compare with Seppi's one. There are many advantages for Ferrero against Seppi, not too meaningful as Sepi is surely not the player to be underrated but still enough to dominate the play. All in all, Ferrero surely knows how to play against a defender like Andreas Seppi, he should be able to cope well with the italian's style. Good Luck!

please give me a bucket i need to puke because of that ... groth ' date=' flipping unbelievable, first the first set, and then the third, wish her the very worst for her future games[/quote'] Groth was matched at 1.06 on betfair. Always lay when your pick is a break up in the 3rd or serving out the set. I think she's a fine prospect. Tipsarevic @ 2.5 on betfair Querrey not really with it. His main weapon is his serve but it's not working too well..He's been broken 9 times and faced 32 break points in the last two matches against poor opposition. You never know which Tipsy will turn up but he's performed reasonably well so far and has a great chance to take advantage of Sam's drop in form.

vesnina +1.5sets over petkovic 1.55 at my local My pick is mostly based on petkovic and her week mentality. Watched her for the last month nad she doesn't seem to play her best tennis. Against cornet last week she failed under the pressure every single time she faced it. Serving for the set at 5:4 and loosing 5:7 and in general she wasn't able to convert many chances. Vesnina this week playing some quality tennis crushing voegele and jovanovski and rodionova in the last set. If both bring their best today petkovic is able to win 2:0 but i'm pretty sure this match will be much tougher for petkovic
as I said petkovic is showing what she is made of ahahahah. I'm probably hapier to see her losing than winning my bet :lol really on top of my hated wta players list :D

as I said petkovic is showing what she is made of ahahahah. I'm probably hapier to see her losing than winning my bet :lol really on top of my hated wta players list :D
lol, what a turnaround AGAIN. Placed some livebets on vesnina @5,50 earlier:hope

i am italian does anyone have starace's mobile number or email adress i feel like sending him a message.... cant believe this bullshit' date=' 5-2 and lost the set , ******* blacklisted #/*-#>[/quote'] Looking at the stats have to say it was coming. He had 12 break points against him in the first set. That ain't good enough for this level.

Looking at the stats have to say it was coming. He had 12 break points against him in the first set. That ain't good enough for this level.
come he just had to have 2 strong serves and he would have won, its ******* ridiculous

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August It's finally over.. Got a small punt on Pavliuchenkova x Petkovic and i would be the luckiest man on earth if they both would win. :lol Petkovic.. 0 mentality. I can't imagine how she even managed to be a 38 racket in the world. She plays like 138 and moves like 45 years old grandma. Womens tennis is in the another planet.

Not quite' date=' luckily enough :cheers[/quote']Unbelievable match.. Propably the worst performance from Petkovic i've ever seen after the first set. Every shot seemed like a coin flip, in or out. In the end hit some massive winners but also a terrible amount of errors, Vesnina didn't have to do much.. Nice victory after all, got 3,00 and 5,50 from livebetting and thought about 8,00 too in some point, not brave enough to place a bet on it. :cheers