** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis: 26 July - 1 August

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August Not sure if I'm going to do anything else, doubt it but feel I have to take this one. Shahar Peer to beat Daniele Hantuchova- 8/11 William Hill- 7/10 Already backed her to win it outright largely based on her hard court form this season. She hasn't got the easiest run in unlike sam Stosur, but I feel she has the game to match anyone on her day. She has recently parted with her coach which can only be a good thing as he forced her to play a way in which she was uncomfortable and unfamiliar, hitting agressive strokes which really doesn't suit her one bit. Both players haven't played since Wimbledon so they should both be fairly fresh, perhaps Peer in a little better shape due to Daniele's fitness worries over the last couple of years. The H2H stands at 2-1 to Hantuchova, but on hard court it's 1-1, with Peer winning the most recent in straight sets last year. Shahar imo is the most likely on the tour to beat the Williams sisters on a more consistent basis and firmly believe she is not too far behind them. Think she will have too much today for the Slovak and Daniele will have to play out of her skin to get anywhere near the Israeli.

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August another one i consider bookie's fail bolleli over veic 9/10 1.63 Makes me wonder how on earth can be bolleli only a slight favourite in this match. Veic is a local boy but i think he isn't able to beat bolleli even in his own living room. Boleli in july winning torino ( beating starace, gimneo-traver, seppi) who are class above veic. Veic lost to players like kuznetsov, guez and losing sets against players who are playing really bad tennis. For me full stakes on this one.

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August

another one i consider bookie's fail bolleli over veic 9/10 1.63 Makes me wonder how on earth can be bolleli only a slight favourite in this match. Veic is a local boy but i think he isn't able to beat bolleli even in his own living room. Boleli in july winning torino ( beating starace, gimneo-traver, seppi) who are class above veic. Veic lost to players like kuznetsov, guez and losing sets against players who are playing really bad tennis. For me full stakes on this one.
Yep was tempted with that one myself.

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August Kevin Anderson vs Ilya Marchenk. Under 22.5 games. 1.95 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Anderson had very strong performance last week in Atlanta and was only broken down by Isner as you might expect. Other than that the was ok and had 3 wins in straight sets with no tie-breaks which was a bit of a surprise. He was very good on serve and will be again today. As far as Marchenko is concerned I'm not sure he will be able to hold easily. He is all over the place at the moment and surely even player like Anderson without huge skills will be able to take an advantage of that and get some breaks. I reckon this match will be done in two sets and under 22.5 games. Christina McHale > Kai-Chen Chang. 2.20 @ Stan James (4/10) McHale is very talented American youngster. Saw her play in last year's US Open where she demolished Hercog in round 1 before being beaten by Sharapova. McHale was very nervous in that match and didn't have that much experience. Now she's got all that and will be playing at home against very average Asian player who also played qualies here and was taken to 3 sets in both matches whilst McHale is yet to drop a set and in current circumstances is underrated because she's got a very good chance of advancing. The home crowd support in these type of matches between two young and inexperienced players is very important. McHale win for me in this one. Victoria Azarenka -5.5 AH vs Ayumi Morita. 1.79 @ Pinnacle (10/10) This is a gift offer. Unless Azarenka decides to sell this match she will be a no match for Morita. The Japanese player is in very poor form at the moment and playing aggressive player like Azarenka is last thing she needs. Really not much to say, let's just hope Azarenka is here for playing tennis. After all she had rubbish start of the season and now should have the proper motivation to gain some ranking pts. All in all crushing in prospect for Morita. Yung-Jan Chan +5 AH vs Yanina Wickmayer. 1.93 @ Pinnacle. (6/10) Wickmayer surely overrated in this match and it should not be like that. Her style of play prevents her playing high percentage tennis and she always seems to make life very hard for her. Not sure she should be rated as a possible winner by 5 games against player like Chan who comes into this tournament just having won Challenger tournament, albeit against average players. It's still very good for confidence. Chang is very crafty player and plays very good tennis and will be able to benefit from Wickmayer's mistakes. Don't think the Belgian girl will have an easy ride. They have met twice before with Yanina winning both matches though not covering 5 games in either of the matches so stats favor Chang in this one. Maria Sharapova vs Jie Zheng. Over 20.5 games. 1.83 @ Pinnacle. (7/10) This match has got a feel of over for me. Sharapova class act here but will struggle once again because of inability to serve consistently and Zheng is a player who hits every ball back and makes you run a lot. The serve is a weakness of hers as well and therefore both girls will cancel each other out. Can see very close match probably going full distance like it was in Aussie Open when Zheng upset Sharapova in 3 sets. They have played two more times with one match ending in 3 sets and other in 21 games. So over it is.

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August Was looking at that McHale match. However I looked at some predictions on another website and they all predicted her to win so not taking her for sure as they are unreliable to say the least :lol. Really tempting odds for the young American though

Just had a look at both of the players' form this year and not opting for the 2-0. Think the safest bet would be Cuevas to win straight but no point at those odds. Just be looking at it with interest for your bet mate. :ok
6/4 6/1 Cuevas! suffered a little when Vagnozzi served for the first set but then the better player in my opinion appeared (Cuevas) and with his experience could turn that. Thanks for your support! hope anyone followed this one!

6/4 6/1 Cuevas! suffered a little when Vagnozzi served for the first set but then the better player in my opinion appeared (Cuevas) and with his experience could turn that. Thanks for your support! hope anyone followed this one!
Perfect job:clap

Tnx mate :)

Not sure if I'm going to do anything else, doubt it but feel I have to take this one. Shahar Peer to beat Daniele Hantuchova- 8/11 William Hill- 7/10 Already backed her to win it outright largely based on her hard court form this season. She hasn't got the easiest run in unlike sam Stosur, but I feel she has the game to match anyone on her day. She has recently parted with her coach which can only be a good thing as he forced her to play a way in which she was uncomfortable and unfamiliar, hitting agressive strokes which really doesn't suit her one bit. Both players haven't played since Wimbledon so they should both be fairly fresh, perhaps Peer in a little better shape due to Daniele's fitness worries over the last couple of years. The H2H stands at 2-1 to Hantuchova, but on hard court it's 1-1, with Peer winning the most recent in straight sets last year. Shahar imo is the most likely on the tour to beat the Williams sisters on a more consistent basis and firmly believe she is not too far behind them. Think she will have too much today for the Slovak and Daniele will have to play out of her skin to get anywhere near the Israeli.
WIN Really not good for my nerves that one, especially after she lost the first set 6-0. Managed to take it in 3 though. :beer

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August Alexandr Dolgopolov v Franco Skugor Franco Skugor @ 2.38 - Stan James Odds are way too high here for Skugor. He impressively beat Volandri in the first round 6-2 6-1, coming off a nice tournament in Baastad, where he beat Istomin and later took a set from Almagro as well. Dolgopolov on the other hand, struggled to beat Lorenzi in the first round. He has been in decent form at least lately, and didn't do bad in the French Open. To be fair, he had a good tournament, beating Gonzales before losing to Almagro. Though Dolgopolov may have a slight upper hand in this one, I still feel it should be a close one, and these odds are just way too large.

Victoria Azarenka -5.5 AH vs Ayumi Morita. 1.79 @ Pinnacle (10/10) This is a gift offer. Unless Azarenka decides to sell this match she will be a no match for Morita. The Japanese player is in very poor form at the moment and playing aggressive player like Azarenka is last thing she needs. Really not much to say, let's just hope Azarenka is here for playing tennis. After all she had rubbish start of the season and now should have the proper motivation to gain some ranking pts. All in all crushing in prospect for Morita.
6-0 6-2 never in doubt. Good call psycho :clap

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August 2/10 Andreas Haider-Maurer @ $9.10 betfair IMHO havent seen alot of maurer but his results were good in the qualifying and having a 1st round victory over a quality player in istomin is terrific. Montanes is a quality player but has had some mixed results of late i dont think $9.10 is an accurate resemblence of the quality difference between the two

2/10 Andreas Haider-Maurer @ $9.10 betfair IMHO havent seen alot of maurer but his results were good in the qualifying and having a 1st round victory over a quality player in istomin is terrific. Montanes is a quality player but has had some mixed results of late i dont think $9.10 is an accurate resemblence of the quality difference between the two
Oh, what a match!:tongue2 Andreas just hammered Albert in the 1st set with his killing serve 9 (4 aces, 86% 1st serve points won) 6:3. He's then just gone (1:6,0:6). Good for me though, cos I have Montanes in a parlay that compensates line shift for Skugor game.

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August Nothing to me that represents value today although Krumm at 7/2 looks too big but not fussed with going for that. That Peer bet was the last one before I'm off on holiday so leaving you guys to make some money. Hope Peer can get a run going but she had to fight very hard yesterday to come back from that first set. Looking forward to relaxing for a bit without the stress of my chokers. :ok

Alexandr Dolgopolov v Franco Skugor Franco Skugor @ 2.38 - Stan James Odds are way too high here for Skugor. He impressively beat Volandri in the first round 6-2 6-1, coming off a nice tournament in Baastad, where he beat Istomin and later took a set from Almagro as well. Dolgopolov on the other hand, struggled to beat Lorenzi in the first round. He has been in decent form at least lately, and didn't do bad in the French Open. To be fair, he had a good tournament, beating Gonzales before losing to Almagro. Though Dolgopolov may have a slight upper hand in this one, I still feel it should be a close one, and these odds are just way too large.
Holy odds-shift batman, Dolgopolov is now 2.98 at betfair, Skugor down to 1.5 :loon I won't be trading it off personally, but might be of interest for anyone else who's backed him :ok

Ah, the tennis world is very dodgy. Skugor @ 2/5 against Dolgo...........:lol
Dolgopolov have strained his hamstring against Lorenzi, this is causing price movement. Odds are too low now for me to bet, but might be a chance for live betting :loon

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August Seen Dolgo against Lorenzi alright. Skugor's price drops very low 2 matches in succession, Volandri and Dolgopolov injured....and yet Dolgopolov will complete the whole match today and lose comfortably...........:lol I'm watching Gasquet/Brands right now and am sure Gasquet just watched Brands shot hit the line on set point and didn't even swing for it. Probably has a big bet on himself to win 2-1 in sets. Breaks straight away aswell..........:eek

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August Marco Chiudinelli to beat Igor Andreev 11/8 Paddy Power Strength (4/10) I see this as 50-50 match. Chiudinelli kept this pretty close when Andreev was making a noise back in 05 and he comes into this the more sharper player imo - with a good win over Thomaz Bellucci as well some decent performances over the last couple of weeks as well. Andreev looks lethargic and laboured to me. He's undoubtedly a better class of player than Marco but his career is in a funk, and even on his favoured surface I'm going to oppose him here. Probably three sets, but Chiudinelli can outlast him. :hope

Seen Dolgo against Lorenzi alright. Skugor's price drops very low 2 matches in succession, Volandri and Dolgopolov injured....and yet Dolgopolov will complete the whole match today and lose comfortably...........:lol I'm watching Gasquet/Brands right now and am sure Gasquet just watched Brands shot hit the line on set point and didn't even swing for it. Probably has a big bet on himself to win 2-1 in sets. Breaks straight away aswell..........:eek
Yea i saw it too. interesting to see that player didn't challanged it at all, for sure now it's 2:1 to frenchmen, in this service mach Daniel made some mistakes in 2nd set that gonna rap things up for this one.

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August Andersson K. +1.5 Sets v Querrey 1.86 at Unibet (6/10) First we have to consider that Andersson is playing solid tennis this and last week. He is a strong server and can take a set from almost every player in this surface i might say. Querrey on the other hand lost his last match on straight sets against a weaker player like Brown on grass. He is very inconsistent sometimes and if he gets broken he will have really hard time trying to break Andersson. At last, they have played 3 matches and the H2H shows than in 2 of them Andersson was able to take a set so this is a value bet for me. :hope

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August Tsvetana Pironkova -4 AH v Anastasia Rodionova. 1.94 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Pironkova despite some struggle in the opening round managed to get a decent win and should be fine for this match as well. Rodionova on her day can cause huge problems for top players but is way too inconsistent to be rated as a contender here. Pironkova should be able to take advantage of faster surfaces and Rodionova's mental break downs which occur far too often lately. I reckon Piro will be able to win this one by at least 4 games. GL! Anastasija Sevastova > Vera Dushevina. 2.06 @ Betfair. (5/10) Both girls needed 3 sets to advance to the second round. From what I saw Sevastova looked just a little bit more solid in her match against Kvitova. She let slip away second set by 6-0 and admit afterwords that she didn't play 100% in that set after falling behind. Dushevina won this tournament without dropping a set last year though not sure she will be able to defend her title or even get past 2nd round. She was very poor against Martic who should have won that match but failed to serve out at 5-4 in the second set. H2H is 1-1 with Sevastova winning the last meeting in Dubai this year. On current form I rate her chances slightly better. Simone Bolelli +3 AH vs Juan Ignacio Chela. 1.98 @ 188bet (5/10) Was tempted to have a crack @ Bolelli win but will have just a handicap instead which looks like good value. The Italian is very good on serve which is not that big of a weapon on clay but still can get you out of trouble. Positive sign here is that he has beaten Chela in both of their meetings which clearly indicates that knows how to play against him. Chela quite consistent lately but nothing special to be rated as such a huge favorite against player whom he has never beaten. Igor Andreev -2.5 AH vs Marco Chiudinelli. 2.02 @ 188bet (6/10) I have no idea how Chiudinelli managed to beat Bellucci but it definitely was a huge shock. Having said that I'm aware of how much Marco is capable and he is very average player on clay because serve is not that big and other than that he really has not got much to offer. Andreev definitely much more better player though the minus side is that he has been away for a very long time due to injury. He's beaten Serra here and that win will give him massive boost. -2.5 games is ok on Andreev considering his playing style and Chiudinelli's weaknesses.

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August vera dushevina to beat sevastova 8-11 bet365 2 points! dushevina is the defending champion here in istanbul! last year she didnt even drop a set on her way to the title!! she's in decent form she came within a whisker of beating the resurgent anna chakvetadze last week in the slovenia open a tournament in which she beat razzano and lapushenkova! this week she was on the verge of going out to petra martic who served for the match but she dug deep and came through which shows that the tournament means something to her (has a lot of points to defend) and will also give her confidence!! in the past her mental strength has probably been her achilles heal....when she's put under pressure she tends to resort to passive tennis and her serve tends to fall apart!! however, when serving well i believe she has one of the best first serve deliverys in the women's game...at the same tournament last year she was serving aces for fun! she's a quality player and has given a lot of the big names trouble in the grand slams over the years as venus williams, dementieva, sharapova and jankovic can testify to!! i think her opponent sevastova is very over-rated...she's got talent no doubt but she was one of the players who was making good results back in february and march when none of the big names were too bothered and i think that form is a false reflection of where her game is really at!! after all she lost the first round of both wimbledon and french open where she was hammered by larsson! last week she was beaten by meusberger in straight sets and i wouldn't read too much into her victory against kvitova who is capable of losing to anyone and really gifted the match to sevastova with numerous unforced errors!! sevastova also has a tendancy to get tight in the important moments and against dushevina she won't be gifted the points the way she was against kvitova! they both play a similar game and are solid off both wings but i do believe that dushevina has the better first serve and that little bit extra class and i think she'll be motivated for this one!!