Tennis: 26 July - 1 August

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August Kirilenko to beat Radwanska @ 11/8 (Bet365:5/10) Would have Kirilenko closer to evens here. She beat Peer and Lucic so far, pretty good results while Radwanska played a really bad match struggling past Scheepers and then decent against Savchuk. Radwanska beat her easily this year but that was on clay, Kirilenko beat her twice in 2009 on hard courts.......Radwanska can play passive at times and although she has a better defence, Kirilenko can play good aggressive tennis at times taking control of the rallies and thats how she beat her twice last year.Good chance for her tonight in my view. GL! Of course this means Radwanska is gonna win easily so fill your boots.......:ok

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August Groth to win a set vs Pavyluchenkova @ Evens (W Hill:5/10) Seems like a good price to win a set here. Groth playing good tennis lately, 4th rd at the French and Wimbledon...and beat Groenefeld, Lapushchenkova and Dushevina in Istanbul so far. Possesses a good serve which should help her tomorrow. Pavyluchenkova is good but extremely inconsistent, can blast winners and next minute she's hitting errors all over the place. Watched her against Cirstea today and have to say it didn't feel as comfortable as scoreline suggests.....many breaks of serve in the opening set and Cirstea had the advantage a few times but couldn't hold serve herself...in the end she fell away. Evens looks a nice price to take a set in my view. GL!

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August

Uggghhh' date=' kirilenko is done.....:@...tight 1st set but collapsed now.[/quote'] Apparently she was not told that she needs to hit the ball over the net :D Got wrong this one as well. At least Querrey did the job...

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August Will have a go at some more matches in US today... Samantha Stosur -2.5 games AH vs Yanina Wickmayer. 1.96 @ Pinnacle. (7/10) Surprised to see Stosur at this sort of odds, even against good player like Wickmayer. I think Stosur gas got a bit more brains and that will get her through this match. Bot players possess big serve and forehand. Stosur is playing smarter tennis and not blazing all like Wickmayer is doing and I reckon that will make difference here. Stosur should be able to hold her serve more comfortably and return game is pretty even. Not much in this really though Stosur should come out on top. 3 games is really not that big difference. Andy Murray -5 games AH vs Alejandro Falla. 1.93 @ Pinnacle. (6/10) Falla had very tough and demanding match both physically and mentally yesterday against Gulbis who was rubbish. The racquet was flying all the time and despite that he should have won in straight sets but eventually lost in the 3rd set tie-break. Falla had awful serve but survived only thanks to winning majority of the baseline rallies. Murray is master of baseline rallies and will hurt Falla big time. Despite this being only warm-up event for US Open and practice type of event for Andy I think he will not want to play 3 sets because he already had a 3-setter yesterday. Falla is very vulnerable at the moment and will mentally drained. Murray has got very good chance to get this done comfortably. James Blake > Feliciano Lopez. 1.83 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Blake looked quite good against Becker apart from downfall in the middle of the first set when he was 3-5 down but managed to win 4 straight games and therefore to take the set. His attacking games was good although there were his usual rushed shots but that's just part of his game. Blake really looks in the right mood for once and that is nice to see. Lopez can be a threat on this surface but traditionally is not good at this time of year and was far from convincing against Sela in his first match here. I'm going for Blake win today.

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August A few early choices for Saturday... Jarmila Groth > Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova. 3.00 @ Ladbrokes (5/10) Saw both players in action yesterday and Groth naturally impressed me more. Pavlyuchenkova was totally out of sorts in the first set against Cirstea who lead by a break and was outplaying the Russian for the most parts of the set but played couple poor games at the end of the set and then completely collapsed and was just waiting for the end of the match in the second set. Groth is in very strong form at the moment. Hard is her best and favorite surface and results are awesome this week. She's yet to drop a set and has been hammering everybody, though the opponents have not been that great but on the other hand the same thing can be said about Pavlyuchenkova. The Russian girl has been struggling on serve all week long and Groth will give her different direction. The Aussie Slovak will punish any weak second serve and generally will be no worst than Anastasia in rallies. The only worrying sign might be nerves because Groth has never been to WTA final but other than that she will be fine. I think she's going to the final. Daniel Gimeno Traver +3.5 games AH vs Nicolas Almagro. 1.95 @ Bwin. (4/10) Almagro was all over the place yesterday against Chardy. Had the Frenchman wanted to play the match possibly could have gone his way. The Spaniard won the first set without any fight from Chardy but was poor in the second set and was broken twice and had to save multiple set points before surviving the tie-break in which he was 5-2 down. Amazing stuff from Chardy... Traver has got more of a form at the moment and the same thing can be said about motivation. He has beaten Hanescu, Beck and Andreev thus far this week without dropping a set, though yesterday he came back from a break down in the second set against Andreev. Almagro has lost set in two of his 3 matches and has lost to Traver earlier this year in South American clay court swing. I reckon based on current form Traver has got pretty good chance here! Juan Carlos Ferrero -3.5 games AH vs Andreas Seppi. 2.00 @ Bet365 (6/10) This is a rematch of last year's semifinal at the same event. Ferrero came out on top in three sets winning 6-1 6-7(1) 7-5. They have had some tough battles in the past and it might take another 3 sets to decide a winner here but overall Ferrero has got better chance of progression to the final, again... Davydenko won't be there after all... So Ferrero destroyed very good player in Dolgopolov yesterday and should be fresher as his schedule was not messed up by rain delays. Seppi played couple matches on Friday. Difference in quality here is obvious and by my calculations Ferrero should be able to win by 4 games today. GL!

SportTennis
EventMaria Sharapova vs. Elena Dementieva
SelectionDementieva
Strength10/10
Date31/07/2010
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.67 (Back)
ReasoningWell, Elena Dementieva has played her first game against Kimiko Date-Krumm of Japan after two weeks without competition and I have to mentionate that she didn't looked too well from the beginning, but during the match she get into the game and in the end managed to play more closed to her real level. Now Dementieva will have a much more difficult task as she will have to play against another russian player Maria Sharapova who is rated as the favourite for this fixture. I don't know why Sharapova is rated as the favourite in this game, maybe because she had more practice and quite nice results in the last period, but have to mentionate that all these things do not really influence the things which will going to happen certain on the court. There are many advantages and disadvantages before a game as for example Sharapova did looked better in her latest results, but I never draw too much attention to such things as these factors can't change the essential things between two players and here I'm speaking about class, experience and style of playing. All in all, I just disagree with Sharapova's position as a favourite in this one, she is not a better player than Dementieva thats for sure. Good Luck!

SportTennis
EventMaria Sharapova vs. Elena Dementieva
SelectionDementieva
Strength10/10
Date31/07/2010
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.67 (Back)
ReasoningWell, Elena Dementieva has played her first game against Kimiko Date-Krumm of Japan after two weeks without competition and I have to mentionate that she didn't looked too well from the beginning, but during the match she get into the game and in the end managed to play more closed to her real level. Now Dementieva will have a much more difficult task as she will have to play against another russian player Maria Sharapova who is rated as the favourite for this fixture. I don't know why Sharapova is rated as the favourite in this game, maybe because she had more practice and quite nice results in the last period, but have to mentionate that all these things do not really influence the things which will going to happen certain on the court. There are many advantages and disadvantages before a game as for example Sharapova did looked better in her latest results, but I never draw too much attention to such things as these factors can't change the essential things between two players and here I'm speaking about class, experience and style of playing. All in all, I just disagree with Sharapova's position as a favourite in this one, she is not a better player than Dementieva thats for sure. Good Luck!
Sharapova is playing Radwanska not Dementieva

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August robin haase to beat steve darcis at 8-11 paddypower! 3 points haase has blown through the competition so far this week in cordones! he's a class act, took nadal to 5 sets in wimbledon and almagro to 5 sets in the french!! darcis is talented also but really hasn't done much this year and i think this is a great price for a big bet!!

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August groth to win 1 set against Pavlyuchenkova groth is in amazing form, strong in every possible way, hard court definately suits her type of play. pavlyuchenkova does not impress me at all, at certain times look out of sorts, she has yet been tested so far, overrated player

A few early choices for Saturday... Jarmila Groth > Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova. 3.00 @ Ladbrokes (5/10)
Following you on this. Jarmila did cost me some (not too big) amount yesterday when she failed to choke in the match with Dushevina, so it's only fair to give her a chance to win that money back ;)

Following you on this. Jarmila did cost me some (not too big) amount yesterday when she failed to choke in the match with Dushevina' date=' so it's only fair to give her a chance to win that money back ;)[/quote']Don't know what's going on but i got Pavlychenkova with 1,80@bwin. Had to keep stakes low though because of limits they had put on

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August Andrea Petkovic vs Elena Vesnina. Over 21 games. 1.88 @ Pinnacle. (5/10) Potential 3-setter on cards in this one. Both girls very strong on serve and attacking options can do the trick for either player though inconsistency is a factor for both girls and more so for Petkovic it seems in this tournament and for last couple months. They met just recently in French Open and played out a 3-setter which was won by Petkovic. That was on clay which is not Vesnina's surface. I expect more from her on hard where she makes her money. Like I said close match in prospect and over 21 games should be the outcome here. Victoria Azarenka > Samantha Stosur. 1.83 @ Pinnacle (10/10)

Very good price offered on Azarenka win. He had a massive comeback against Bartoli yesterday and will take lot from that match. Bartoli was unplayable for a set and a half but and was leading by 6-3, 3-1 when Azarenka came back and managed to win 7 games in a row. Stosur was ups and downs yesterday against Wickmayer and I can not see her getting past Azarenka today. Victoria has won all 3 meetings without dropping a set against the Aussie and should be good to continue that run. Azarenka win for me in this one.

she is playing top class tennis till the last point. She just cant finish the point successfully. I had her to take a set so fingers crossed for the next one
lol come on, wastes 2 set points and then loses the tie break 7-1 ?? i called that totally pathetic

lol come on' date=' wastes 2 set points and then loses the tie break 7-1 ?? i called that totally pathetic[/quote'] pavlyuchenkova is just playing solid tennis right now, hope that groth able to win the 2nd set

i know but you have tu admit that till the tiebreak she hold the upper hand in the most of the exchanges and she was setting it up nicely
yeah of course i agree, and the result is ? she lost the set. she should have won it with the 2 set points and or the tie break and she didnt, therefore i said totally pathetic

i never said that i don't agre with you saying she is pathetic. I just added that her tennis wasn't bad but just wasted many many chances
thats why tennis is so exciting to watch, so easy for the table to turn