** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis: 26 July - 1 August

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August ATP Umag Chela over Ramirez-Hidalgo 9/10 @1,44 Pinnacle x Dolgopolov over Lorenzi 9/10 @1,32 Pinnacle combination 9/10 @1,8744 Pinnacle Chela is better player. He has better H2H with Hidalgo. He was unlucky against Kohli and against Montanes, but Chela played well. Today easy win for Chela. No doubt. Dolgopolov is young player. He has very good first serve and forehand. He lost to Mayer in Hamburg, but he played well too. Lorenzi is not ATP player, he is average challenger player. He lost to Andujar last week an he had a lot of problems in first and second round with poor player. In my eyes is Dolgopolov better than Andujar and this must be easy win too.:hope WIN :clap very very hard match Dolgopo... WIN:ok no problem, Chela is better and now----:cheers

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August Anastasija Sevastova > Petra Kvitova. 2.26 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Not sure Kvitova is in the form or mood at the moment to be rated as a favorite here. Saw her first performance after Wimbledon in Portoroz last week. She was terrible, made billion unforced errors and her biggest weapon serve was not there for her. It remains to be seen how much she will be able to do against very good player in Sevastova. The Latvian loves clay more than any other surface though is pretty ok on hard as well and has beaten the likes of Jelena Jankovic this year. I think she might just have an edge here because of a better return game and secondly because of H2H. She has beaten Kvitova only time they played. That was in Bronx Challenger last year and she won pretty comfortably dropping just 3 games. You can argue that Challengers are not that important but win still is a win and will be psychological boost for Sevastova. Tatjana Malek Lay v Tsvetana Pironkova. 3.86 @ Pinnacle (10/10) Straight forward win for Pironkova on paper this one. Malek won't be able to do much against the Bulgarian's power from both backhand and forehand and serve issues will come into picture as well. Malek has got an awful serve and makes tons of double faults in every single match. Pironkova has got very good return game and will punish every weak serve. One way traffic in this one and Pironkova win without any doubts.

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August Ahhh such a piss take of the time difference involving the Stanford Tennis. Usually like to keep tabs on my players when they're playing but its in the early hours of tomorrow so might have to wake up and find out my fate then. :hope

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August Anastasija Sevastova to beat Petra Kvitova 11/10 Paddy Power 5/10 Kvitova's run at Wimbledon has given her alot of stock in the eyes of bookmakers, however if you look at her form on other surfaces she's been pretty poor and is 1-4 on Clay this year. Sevastova also smashed her this time last year as well on hardcourt. She has the game to do well and it's probably only a matter of time before she does the biz on all surfaces but Sevastova should still be catching her at the right time, before she really blooms.

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August

Nope not gonna happen...
Don't count that out. Radwanska in my opinion is very overrated and she was broken twice in that first set and once in this second set. Horrible serve at times, thrown with some unforced errors so feel you could have a chance there, although I feel she will win the match.

Lammer @ 2.28 on Betfair Price shortening everywhere here. Unbackable normally but he won the doubles here last year and being local is likely to have acclimatised to the conditions, Gstaad is 1000m above sea level. Brown has a terrific serve but has lost over and over again on clay to even lower ranked players than Lammer. He played singles and doubles bundesliga matches yesterday and only arrived last night. So I don't think he's prepared at all. Small stakes as there's plenty of much better matches coming up.
Easy for Lammer. 7-5 7-5. Brown ok on serve, 12 aces, but very poor return stats.

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August Great :\. Kinda hope that doubles is a long one though which will just encourage my thoughts of backing Peer tomorrow. Guessing nobody is staying up to provide a reliable analysis on how the games are going?

Anastasija Sevastova > Petra Kvitova. 2.26 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Not sure Kvitova is in the form or mood at the moment to be rated as a favorite here. Saw her first performance after Wimbledon in Portoroz last week. She was terrible, made billion unforced errors and her biggest weapon serve was not there for her. It remains to be seen how much she will be able to do against very good player in Sevastova. The Latvian loves clay more than any other surface though is pretty ok on hard as well and has beaten the likes of Jelena Jankovic this year. I think she might just have an edge here because of a better return game and secondly because of H2H. She has beaten Kvitova only time they played. That was in Bronx Challenger last year and she won pretty comfortably dropping just 3 games. You can argue that Challengers are not that important but win still is a win and will be psychological boost for Sevastova. Tatjana Malek Lay v Tsvetana Pironkova. 3.86 @ Pinnacle (10/10) Straight forward win for Pironkova on paper this one. Malek won't be able to do much against the Bulgarian's power from both backhand and forehand and serve issues will come into picture as well. Malek has got an awful serve and makes tons of double faults in every single match. Pironkova has got very good return game and will punish every weak serve. One way traffic in this one and Pironkova win without any doubts.
im confused here mate. cause you say pironkova is gonna win but post malek odds... :eek

WTA Stanford: Kleybanova to beat Ivanovic @ 8/13 (Bet365:7/10) Date-Krumm/Safina OVER 21 games (Asian H'cap) @ 1.926 (Pinnacle:5/10)
LOSS WIN Ivanovic remembers how to serve again when the whole world is betting against her................:eek

Sport Tennis
Event Anastasija Sevastova v Petra Kvitova
Selection Sevastova
Strength 10/10
Date 27/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.16 (Back)
Reasoning Well, a very interesting coincidence as these two players have played last season their first game on hard against each other, then Sevastova has won easy with 6-1 6-2. This will going to be Sevastova's first game on hard of this season and speaking about the surface I have to mentionate that Anastasija can play some great tennis on hard. I'm really surprised of these odds but it seems that Petra Kvitova's great results and big surprises has all the influence in this one. Petra Kvitova defeated Cirstea, Zheng, Azarenka and Wozniacki in a row at Wimbledon, a really impressive run from her side but have to mentionate that all these opponents have not been in their best form, all of them purely didn't played thier tennis then. Only speaking about the most difficult ones Azarenka and Wozniacki, both have been injured in the period of Wimbledon. Anyway there are no doubts that Kvitova is a player with a quite good potential, she is a left-handed and that also give her some advantages but she still lacks so many aspects in the game and the experience as well. Sevastova is just more talented and more experienced player than Kvitova, she is just one class over Kvitova who is purely overrated at the moment because all those surprises from Wimbledon. All in all, IMO here we have just some great value as this is a perfect moment becasue Kvitova is just clear overrated. Good Luck!

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August Combination Belluci x Youzhny x Fognini x Polansky x Rosol 9/10 @4,4 Doxxbet Belluci has 3-0 H2H with poor Chiudanelli, he lovwa to play in Gstaad and he win it last year.Easy match. Youzhny played superb this year on clay and he is better player than Koroloev. Korolev lost to Serra last week.No doubt here. Fognini played well in Hamburg. Phau lost to Starace 5:7 0:6 and Fognini is very similar like Starace. Polansky is playing at home. He was in semi last year. First round is first round and Jonas Greg is poor player in my eyes. Rosol played very well against Istomin, but he was unlucky. Andrej Martin is from different category.:ok

Okay as well as my outright on Peer, going for a few around the tournaments today. Robredo and Chela double @ 1.81- Ladbrokes- 7/10 Quite clear these two players are good clay courters and are a class above their opponents here. Robredo plays GIl, who usually plays the lower ranked players around the circuit and has mixed success but could cause a problem here. However, Tommy has shown some good form on clay recently, getting to the semis in Sweeden, where he beat the likes of Golubev and Verdasco. Didn't make much progress in Hamburg last week where he lost to Starace in 3 sets but all in all he should have too much for the 83rd seed who most recently lost to the numbr 203 seed in his last outing on clay. Chela as Psycho has mentioned is playing some really good tennis atm, especially on clay which brings the best out of him. The striking comparison is the head to head though, which although doesn't mean too much on ocassions, Chela has in truth eased to a 4-0 H2H record. Chela has found some from at the right moment so can't see any problems for him today on his preferred surface. Kleybanova to beat Ivanovic 8/13- Ladbrokes- 6/10 A stand out bet for me really. Ivanovic always seems to have decent odds as a result of her number 1 status a couple of years back. Besides in2 events this year, she has really struggled no matter what the surface. In the first event of the year on hard court in Australia, she made it to the semis before losing to Justin Henin. But from that point on, she only won 2 matches out of 7 on the hard court against players that a couple of years ago she wouldn't have had any problem with. She had her 2nd good run of the season in Italy where she again went to the semis but her form dipped again and she lost the majority of matches. Hasn't played since Wimbledon so might not be up to pace with Kleybanova. The Russian has already won an event on hard court this year back in February and leads the H2h 3-1, 2 of those wins coming in straight sets this year. Tough draw for Ivanovic but can't see her winning this win, although wouldn't mind if she made it last a little bit, just for viewing reasons :lol. Date Krumm to beat Safina 11/8- Ladbrokes- 3/10 Going to take the 40 year old here as I feel she could spring an upset. She showed some good form on the hard court early on in the season, beating players such as Petrova and Razzano. Not being the youngest, she depends heavily on her ability to place the ball, using skill and making her opponent run around the court. This could be ideal due to Safina's recent injuries. Dinara did well at the Australian Open, reaching the 4th round, but since then has been plagued with injuries. Eventually had to retire in that 4th round match against Kirilenko and was forced to miss a few months due to the injury. Since then, she had only played 6 matches, losing 5 of them including to Krumm at the French Open. She again had injury problems and has missed the last month and a half so this is her first match back and she has been granted a Wildcard entry to the competition. Will be interesting to see how she fares but to make her favourite, after losing to her opponent a couple of months back and to have had bad injury trouble, doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me so the experience to go through here for me. Gl all :ok
LOSS LOSS WIN Guess Ivanovic had to win sometime, shame it was today. Lucky that Krumm did the job in the end but still a loss today.

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August Fognini (to beat Phau) x Bellucci (to beat Chuidinelli) Double @ 1.964 (Ladbrokes:2/10) Fognini is a player I dislike but do feel he's a class above Phau on clay court. Has got a couple of wins in the last few weeks on clay mainly losing to better players. Phau did some decent things in challenger events but not too impressed by those results. Bellucci has handled Chuidinelli well on hard surface 3-0 h2h, so on clay he has clear advantages here. Should want to do well after a good run last year so hopefully he came to play this week. Definitely a class above on clay surface. GL!

Tatjana Malek Lay v Tsvetana Pironkova. 3.86 @ Pinnacle (10/10) Straight forward win for Pironkova on paper this one. Malek won't be able to do much against the Bulgarian's power from both backhand and forehand and serve issues will come into picture as well. Malek has got an awful serve and makes tons of double faults in every single match. Pironkova has got very good return game and will punish every weak serve. One way traffic in this one and Pironkova win without any doubts.
Bulgarians serve is a shambles atm. :eyes

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August one match i believe will be an easy one chardy over Methieu 9/10 i managed to get 1.72 earlier Chardy playing well for the lat 2 weeks especially in hamburg. He easily got over petzschner and Chiudinelli. His serve was great, very high% and he also managed to take a set from Melzer. For me a must take against average Mathieu. Maybe i will even try Chardy -1.5 sets