** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st July

Thursday 1 July 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif FC Dinamo Tbilisi v Tallinna FC Flora (15:00 BST) 1.44 4 6.5 109.62 %
maximize.gif FC Shakhter Karagandy v Ruch Chorzow (16:00 BST) 3.8 3.25 1.9 109.47 %
maximize.gif FC Tobol Kostanay v Zrinjski Mostar (16:00 BST) 1.83 3.25 4.1 109.70 %
maximize.gif Narva JK Trans v MyPa (16:00 BST) 4.2 3.3 1.8 109.67 %
maximize.gif FK Zeta Golubovci v Dacia Chisinau (16:30 BST) 2.1 3.25 3.2 109.64 %
maximize.gif KF Tirana v Zalaegerszegi TE (16:30 BST) 3.3 3.25 2.05 109.85 %
maximize.gif Torpedo Zhodino v Fylkir (16:30 BST) 1.72 3.4 4.5 109.53 %
maximize.gif FC Nitra v Györi ETO (17:00 BST) 1.75 3.4 4.33 109.63 %
maximize.gif FC Olimpia Balti v FK Khazar Lenkoran (17:00 BST) 2 3.2 3.5 109.82 %
maximize.gif FC Zestaponi v S.C. Faetano (17:00 BST) 1.05 9.5 21 110.53 %
maximize.gif FK Qarabag v FK Metalurg (17:00 BST) 1.83 3.3 4 109.85 %
maximize.gif TPS v Port Talbot Town (17:00 BST) 1.25 5 10 110.00 %
maximize.gif Anorthosis Famagusta v Banants (18:00 BST) 1.25 8.2 14 99.34 %
maximize.gif Randers FC v F91 Dudelange (18:00 BST) 1.13 9.5 23 103.37 %
maximize.gif UE Santa Coloma v FK Mogren (18:00 BST) 10 5 1.25 110.00 %
maximize.gif CS Grevenmacher v Dundalk (18:30 BST) 10 5 1.28 107.78 %
maximize.gif NSI Runavik v Gefle IF (19:00 BST) 12 5.75 1.18 110.34 %
maximize.gif Llanelli v FK Tauras Taurage (19:05 BST) 3.25 3.25 2.1 109.16 %
maximize.gif Olimpija Ljubljana v Å iroki Brijeg (19:15 BST) 1.7 3.5 4.5 109.62 %
maximize.gif Portadown v Skonto FC (19:30 BST) 3.25 3.25 2.1 109.16 %
maximize.gif Rabotnicki Kometal v Lusitanos (19:45 BST) 1.2 5.5 13 109.21 %
maximize.gif Ulisses FC v Bnei Yehuda (19:45 BST) 3.2 3.2 2.15 109.01 %
maximize.gif Kalmar FF v EB/Streymur (20:00 BST) 1.05 11 26 108.18 %
maximize.gif HNK Å ibenik v Sliema Wanderers (20:05 BST) 1.03 11 23 110.50 %
maximize.gif KR Reykjavik v Glentoran (20:15 BST) 1.9 3.25 3.75 109.82 %

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st July There is some good value in this first stage games but some teams i just know fcuk all about :) I like the look of Trans Narva at home,they are not bad estonian side playing home and i don't know why bookies made Mypa fav. here.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st July

Not sure there is much value here tbh' date=' 1.02 for the draw in a few of the games looks a bit skinny to me :loon[/quote'] i think prices are not settled down yet and we have to wait few more days.

I might back Qarabag (AZE) against Mettallurg once the odds are available. They were really good last season and managed to knock out Rosenborg
Mustafa do you know where this Metalurg from?It's not ukrainian one and i never heard about other Metalurgs in Europe?

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st July Sorry guys i've got little time and i won't be around here for some time but got few bets.I'm shocked with prices bookies gave for some teams. Trans Narva @4.20 1pt Trans Narva +0.5AH @1.83 2pt Banants Erevan +0.5AH @3.40 1pt All prices with bet365 Both Trnas Narva and Mypa are average sides in their country but i noticed that nordic teams have bad away record.Trans Narva only lost to 2 bets clubs in their league - F.Tallin and L.Tallin so i don't think they will give up at home so easy and price worth a shot. As i remember well Banants from last year they were doing well in first stages of qualif. games.They are unbeaten in last 6 while Famagusta didn't play for some time now as they finished in may,also they didn't look well in last 5 matches so @1.25 for the at home must be a lay. I might be tottaly wrong but who knows.Kazakh,Uzbekistan,Moldavian clubs are starting picking up a bit and can't be understimated,they showed last year that they are not so easy to beat specially at home. GL :ok

I guess there's also one in Belarus.
This one in question is Macedonian, from capital city Skopje. They finished previous season at third place, taking 47 points from 26 matches (12 wins, 11 draws and 3 losses).

KR Reykjavik v Glentoran (20:15 BST) 1.9 3.25 3.75 109.82 %
I cant actually believe how good the odds are for a KR Reykjavik win in this match. A look back at this stage of the competion last year is very interesting. Last year both N. Ireland's teams (Lisburn and Linfield) were completely hammered. Lisburn lost 11-1 to a team from Georgia and Linfield lost 7-0 to Randers of Denmark both on agg. KR Reykjavik entered the 2nd stage last year and recorded an excellent 3-1 agg win over Larissa of Greece (who had knocked Blackburn out prev year). Reykjavik then gave Swiss champs Basel a real scare when losing narrowly 5-3 on agg in the next round. A look at domestic form shows that KR Rekjavik have struggled in their league so far with inconsistant form after finishing 2nd last year. However, they still seem to have some players that helped them do well in europe last year - noteably Takefusa and I reckon the experience of last year will help KR to win this easily. Bear in mind also that KR are now well into their season whereas Glentoran are not. Glentorans form was actually shocking towards the end of last season and their general form was erratic to say the least whilst struggling to finish in 3rd. They have also lost Keith Gillespie I have noticed. KR Reykjavik to win 8/11 with Bet365

Event Portadown - Skonto
Selection Skonto
Strength 10/10
Date 01/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.91 (Back)
Reasoning Portadown end the last season on May, 8, and since than they will play today the first official game. Almost two months later, the lack of rhythm will have consequences. On the other side we will have a in form Skonto, who already played 11 games on the league and is the leader at the moment. They are now on the middle of the season and the team is playing on his best. Like this, i think the hosts will have big problems in stop Skonto Riga. To me, the visitors are favorites in this game and they for sure won't miss the chance of getting a good result for the second leg.

Event KR Reykjavik - Glentoran
Selection KR Reykjavik
Strength 10/10
Date 01/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfred @ 1.80 (Back)
Reasoning KR Reykjavik is not making a brilliant season, but they are with good fitness skills, while Glentoran is still arriving from vacation, and they will have to play a tough game on Iceland. In fact, Colin Nixon, Ciaran Martyn and James Taylor are still on vacations, while Paul Leeman is injured and they can't count with the suspended Matty Burrows.I think they are not prepared to face a fit team like KR Reykjavik is. The last official game of Glentoran was on May,1, two months ago!!! Like this, it is impossible to be on the same level as the hosts are. I pick here a home win without many doubts.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st July Reykjavik - Glentoran = 1 (1.70) Stanleybet stake 6 / 10 Reykjavik is 9 in the classification with 9 points in 9 games with a score of w2-d3-4 goals scored 13 goals conceded 15. I do not think this is a good start to the season but have the advantage on their side that their league is in progress. Glentoran of Northern Ireland is a team and their season ended in May so we can say that I am still on holiday, the last game played by Glentoran was friendly with TNS lost 2-0. The Glentoran tackles per game without many players like Colin Nixon Ciaran Martyn, James Taylor, who are still on holiday. Paul Leeman who is recovering from injury and Matty Burrows who is suspended. I think the home team to win the match. My prediction is 1. :hope:hope:hope

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st July KR Reykjavík should win this game easy by about 2 or more.. Glentoran with the loss of there manager, 4 players on holidays, keith gillispie there main threat has left the team... its down too a good few young players to be draft into the team, they also have 2-4 of there main players on the transfer list. KR have started there season with 9-10 games played, Glentoran have only played 1 friendly at home with a 2-0 defeat by TNS of Wales! Fitness is the key here... easy win for KR Same as for Portadown who i think now has better players than Glentoran at the minute... Skonto FC are 11-12 games into the season top of the league with youth player Karasausks on fire in from of the goal and Astafjev with over 100 caps for Latvia and most of there other players 20 plus caps for country - i see a 3-0 result here for Skonto Ive a £100 double on Skonta and KR to win

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st July It could be the same here for Glentoran as for Ireland in the eurovision a few years ago....Ireland didn't want to win it after winning a few eurosongs in a row because it was costing too much money to host.If Glentoran win this tie then they face an even less lucrative trip to the Ukraine.....

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st July Torpedo Zhodino v Fylkir Reykjavik Torpedo -143 and Fylkir +340 (Excuse my American odds :)) In their last eight games, Torpedo has lost seven and drawn once. On the season they have 16 goals for, and 32 against. Fylkir has 2 wins, 4 losses, and 2 draws in their last eight. 17 goals for, 19 against. Odds for fylkir seem a bit steep given Torpedo's awful form as of late. Anyone know any more about these 2 clubs?

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st July Tobol Kostanay v Zrinjski Mostar Tobol is currently at the top of the Kazak league and is in good form. They have played a bunch of games already. Zrinjski Mostar finished fourth in the Bosnian league last year. Bosnia is a better league, but I can't pass up Tobol's current form. It's a small play for me... Tobol -152 (Sports Interaction)

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st July Llanelli Afc(Wales) v FK Tauras (Lithuania) I'm also taking under 2.5 goals in this game. Llanelli has been shutting teams down in their own league. Lots of 1-0 wins and 1-1 draws. I expect they will do the same on their home field against Tauras. It appears that both teams are pretty even. I'm expecting a 1-0 win or 1-1 draw here. Under 2.5 goals (-139 sports interaction)

Event Tobol Kostanai - Zrinjski
Selection Tobol Kostanai
Strength 10/10
Date 01/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 1.67 (Back)
Reasoning Playing at Tobol is always hard. Even more for Zrinjski who had to make a big travel to play this game. To worst things, Zrinjski will play this game after a hollyday month: they played last official game on May, 26. Tobol Kostanai is on high rhythm and they are also on top form, leading the league after 18 games played. The hosts use to have a big support when playing at home, and knowing that the first leg can be decisive, Tobol will make everything to get a win before playing at Mostar. To me, they have all the favoritism here.

Event Zeta - Dacia Kishinev
Selection Zeta
Strength 10/10
Date 01/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 2.15 (Back)
Reasoning Zeta and Dacia Kishinev are starting their seasons, but while Zeta will try to give continuity to the good second half of the last season, Dacia Kishinev made a revolution on his squad. Adam Ismailov, Ion Arabadji, Mogamed Khaskhanov, Serghei Maximov, Dumitru Bacal, Anatoliy Matkevich and Alexandru Grossu, were realesed by the club, while Anatolie Boestean, Gock Habib and Iurie Soimu are on transfer list. On his place, Dacia Kishinev bought David Gamezardashvili, Mamuka Lomidze, Levan Korgalidze, Oleg Sischin, Mykola Glega, Andrei Cojocari and Vladimir Dragovozov. I don't know their value, but they are just arrived and i doubt that Dacia Kishinev can present a oiled team today.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st July Here are a few things I've tallied for the past three seasons (2007-2009) of the 1st Qualifying Round of the Europa League. Sorry, but these are mainly helpful for judging the return leg...I will boldface what I think are the important trends. 1. When the first leg went over, the second leg went over 32 games, under 17 games. When the first leg went under, the second leg went over 20 games, under 28 games 2. Home teams that beat their opponents in the first leg by --2 or 3 goals, went 6-5, 4 draws in the second leg away --4+ goals, went 6-1, 2 draws in the second leg away Away teams that beat their opponents in the first leg by --2 goals, went 2-2 in the second leg at home --3+ goals, went 13-0 in the second leg at home, average win by 4.3 goals, with all games won by at least 2 goals 3. Teams whose leagues are active in the summer -- Iceland, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Ireland -- advanced from the first round 18 times, failing to advance 5 times (Keflavik twice, St Pat's and Sligo, and Lillestrom). I threw out the instances where two such teams faced each other. By league: Finland 5-0 Sweden 5-0 Norway 4-1 Iceland 2-2 Ireland 2-2 When these teams played the first leg at home, they went 10-1 with 2 draws, but the games were narrow -- only 5 of the wins beat a 1.5 goal handicap. When these teams played the first leg away, they went 6-3 with 1 draw, including 4 wins by 2+ goals. When these teams won the first leg at home, they went 4-4 with 2 draws in the return leg. But in the six games in which they won the first leg on away, they went 6-0 at home, with five of the games by 2+ goals. IN OTHER WORDS...two trends: 1st leg overs beget 2nd leg overs; and a big win in the first leg AWAY is generally a sign of a good team that will then dominate at home rather than go on cruise control; it's a sign of a big gap between the teams.

Tip Detail
Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Portadown v Skonto Riga
Selection Skonto Riga
Strength 7/10
Date 01/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 1.73 (Back)
Reasoning Portadown is a mediocre Northern Irish team, that finished last season on 5th place in the league and last place in the championship round. Very bad end of season form with 4 points out of 5 games. Portadown season has not started yet and they are out of fitness. They played only one friendly on 26 June this year winning 2-0 to Banbridge Town They brough 3 new faces to the team - Henry McStay, Neil McCafferty and Chris Ramsey. Nothern Irish teams are semi professional, the best play in Rupublic of Ireland or in Scottland leagues. On the other hand Latvian team Sconto are on fire. Already played 11 games, won 9, drew 1 and lost only 1 The last game was away too and they won by 0-4 Impressive goal record in the league for those 11 games they scored 34 goals and received only 7, that is more than 3 goals per game !!! The hosts will try to push for a win, because this is the first leg and I see open game with the guests from the Latvian capital trashing Portadown with 2 or 3 goals to secure the second leg.
Close Window

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st July Glentoran will be under-strength for Thursday's Europa League first qualifying round first leg tie against KR Reykjavik in Iceland (2015 BST). Colin Nixon, Ciaran Martyn and James Taylor are all on holidays while Paul Leeman (injury) and Matty Burrows (suspended) also miss the game. Director of football Roy Coyle will take charge of the Glens from the dugout in Iceland. This is because manager Scott Young lacks the relevant coaching badges. Portadown are likely to be at full strength for Thursday's Europa League first qualifying round first leg clash against Skonto Riga (1830 BST). Recent signings Henry McStay, Neil McCafferty and Chris Ramsey will be in the Ports squad as will Northern Ireland international Kevin Braniff.

Torpedo Zhodino v Fylkir Reykjavik Torpedo -143 and Fylkir +340 (Excuse my American odds :)) In their last eight games, Torpedo has lost seven and drawn once. On the season they have 16 goals for, and 32 against. Fylkir has 2 wins, 4 losses, and 2 draws in their last eight. 17 goals for, 19 against. Odds for fylkir seem a bit steep given Torpedo's awful form as of late. Anyone know any more about these 2 clubs?
Torpedo Zhodino - Fylkir Torpedo are in bad form with so many loses in a row but actually their position is not a very big surprise.You may know but they qualified for LE as a cup finalist losing the final game 5:0 against BATE Borisov who qualified for CL.They didn't met a big team until the final game as 'big teams' were hammered by BATE Borisov and Dinamo made a wrong step at quarterfinals.Torpedo's last good performance was in 2007 fourth position in the final table.There are usually some very poor teams in the bottom of this league and all Torpedo did last years was to finish above them.I don't know much about Fylkir.They finished third to qualify and are average team in their league.I am not sure which is the better league though.These teams don't know each other and expect Fylkir to be realy cautious in this first game away.They have a great chance to continue rellying on their home game.Torpedo don't score much.They are not often in Europe and expect them to be careful in the back as they don't want a bad result in their first game. Torpedo Zhodino - Fylkir Reykjavik UNDER 2.5 1.72 bet365 9/10