** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st July

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st July

Mustafa do you know where this Metalurg from?It's not ukrainian one and i never heard about other Metalurgs in Europe?
Its from my country Republic of Macedonia.. and Metalurg skopje will los

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st July Portadown-Skonto Riga = 2 (1.65) bet365 stake 5 / 10 Portadown finished the season in sixth place Northern Ireland almost two months fà.Gioca the Uefa Europa League just because it reached the cup final Ireland then lost with the champions Linfield. So far they have only played a friendly match against Banbridge won 2-0. They bought three new players: Henry McStay, Neil and Chris McCafferty Ramsey.La alloy Northern Ireland is one of the weakest in Europe. Skonto is the first in the standings with 28 points in 11 games with a score of W9-D1-L1 with 34 goals scored an average of more than three goals per game, gol conceded seven . My prediction is 2. :hope:hope:hope

Torpedo Zhodino - Fylkir Torpedo Zhodino - Fylkir Reykjavik UNDER 2.5 1.72 bet365 9/10
Fylkir this year in the league: 9 games, 8 overs and conceded goal in every single game. So I don't like this pick unless Torpedo Zhodino are legendary scheid. However Fylkir will probably try to keep a clean sheet and play it safe and I recall them getting a decent away result in recent European away game not too many years ago with a similar side that they have now.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st July Today I am on Qarabaq -0.75 vs. Metalurg Skopje at 2.00 (Pinnacle) The Azers have impressive home record in Europa league games. Combined with the long trip and Macedonains' questionable class that leaves me no choice but to take the home win. I mean, this is Metalurg's first Euro match. Not only that- that will play htier first international game far away from home, in a hostile environment. Azer teams are known for their superb home form in UEFA/EL Qarabaq have beaten much stonger teams at home http://www.soccerway.com/teams/azerbaijan/fk-karabakh-agdam/

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st July On the other hand Tobol -0.75 vs. Zrinjski at 1.735 is also worth a try, in my opinion. The price has dropped, but this is a must bet in my eyes. According to locals(BiH) on another forum, 9 players have left Zrinjski recently, mostly regulars. Plus Tobol are in the middle of their season, while the Bosnians haven't had an official game in a month anda half. GL all!

BBc reports Portadown will be at full strength....but they won't....Kevin Braniff(14 goals last season) and Miskelly(28 apps as goalkeeper last season) are on their hols.......more fuel for the Skonto fire......
Ah happy days didnt know that even better, main forward and goalkeeper not playing :)

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st July Randers FC (Denmark) vs F91 Dudelange (Luxembourg) Randers FC -2.5 Bet365 @ 1.85 Great odds here for Randers to beat the handicap. Sides from Luxembourg usually struggle greatly in European competition. Last year for instance, Luxembourg's representative in the Europa League lost 6-0 on aggregate to Lithuanian side Vetra, and the Lithuanian league is weaker than the Danish league. When they have faced Swedish sides, who are roughly similar in quality to Danish sides, teams from Luxembourg have normally lost by at least 7 goals on aggregate. Randers only qualified for Europe via their fair play record, having barely survived relegation last year. But they qualified for the Europa League in the same way last year and still managed to get past two teams. They beat Linfield 7-0 on aggregate in the first qualifying round, and I believe Linfield are considerably stronger than F91 Dudelange. I expect at least 3-0 to the home side today, but in case of doubt one could always put cover bet on 2-0. Teams from Luxembourg rarely score away from home in European competitions.

Event KR Reykjavik - Glentoran
Selection KR Reykjavik
Strength 10/10
Date 01/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfred @ 1.80 (Back)
Reasoning KR Reykjavik is not making a brilliant season' date=' but they are with good fitness skills, while Glentoran is still arriving from vacation, and they will have to play a tough game on Iceland. In fact, Colin Nixon, Ciaran Martyn and James Taylor are still on vacations, while Paul Leeman is injured and they can't count with the suspended Matty Burrows.I think they are not prepared to face a fit team like KR Reykjavik is. The last official game of Glentoran was on May,1, two months ago!!! Like this, it is impossible to be on the same level as the hosts are. I pick here a home win without many doubts.
Seems to be a good call, perhaps something has happened?: the odds are down to 1.60 in average now...!

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st July Its just down to the team news previously listed that the bookies were prob not aware of initially, whose who got on early were able to get 1.9 upwards, price is down to 1.4 in places now, -1EH price is also down to 2.3 from 2.62 on opening..:hope

Randers FC (Denmark) vs F91 Dudelange (Luxembourg) Randers FC -2.5 Bet365 @ 1.85 Great odds here for Randers to beat the handicap. Sides from Luxembourg usually struggle greatly in European competition. Last year for instance, Luxembourg's representative in the Europa League lost 6-0 on aggregate to Lithuanian side Vetra, and the Lithuanian league is weaker than the Danish league. When they have faced Swedish sides, who are roughly similar in quality to Danish sides, teams from Luxembourg have normally lost by at least 7 goals on aggregate. Randers only qualified for Europe via their fair play record, having barely survived relegation last year. But they qualified for the Europa League in the same way last year and still managed to get past two teams. They beat Linfield 7-0 on aggregate in the first qualifying round, and I believe Linfield are considerably stronger than F91 Dudelange. I expect at least 3-0 to the home side today, but in case of doubt one could always put cover bet on 2-0. Teams from Luxembourg rarely score away from home in European competitions.
Good write up, agree this looks a good price, Randers have done alright in the early rounds in previous years and should be able to be trusted to win by 3 for me..

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st July Just two for me. Soccer - FC Torpedo Zhodino/Fylkir - total Over 2½ (-106) for the regulation time held on Jul 1 at 10:30am [pending] Soccer - KR Reykjavik/Glentoran - total Over 2½ (-112) for the regulation time held on Jul 1 at 2:15pm [pending] The Iceland teams are eight for eight in overs during the past three years of this competition in the first qualifying round. Beyond that, both opponents tend toward overs, and the prices are reasonable.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st July I went back just now and looked at 2006, and only 3 of the 8 Scandinavian teams advanced. Maybe when all of the teams have had a break due to the World Cup, there is no longer an advantage. That year, Brann, Start and Atvidabergs advanced and conceded 0 goals in the two-leg matches. But Lyn lost 1-1 on an away goal, Gefle and Haka lost 1-2, and the two Icelandic teams lost 1-3 (Valur) and 2-2 (Akranes).

Here are a few things I've tallied for the past three seasons (2007-2009) of the 1st Qualifying Round of the Europa League. Sorry, but these are mainly helpful for judging the return leg...I will boldface what I think are the important trends. 1. When the first leg went over, the second leg went over 32 games, under 17 games. When the first leg went under, the second leg went over 20 games, under 28 games 2. Home teams that beat their opponents in the first leg by --2 or 3 goals, went 6-5, 4 draws in the second leg away --4+ goals, went 6-1, 2 draws in the second leg away Away teams that beat their opponents in the first leg by --2 goals, went 2-2 in the second leg at home --3+ goals, went 13-0 in the second leg at home, average win by 4.3 goals, with all games won by at least 2 goals 3. Teams whose leagues are active in the summer -- Iceland, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Ireland -- advanced from the first round 18 times, failing to advance 5 times (Keflavik twice, St Pat's and Sligo, and Lillestrom). I threw out the instances where two such teams faced each other. By league: Finland 5-0 Sweden 5-0 Norway 4-1 Iceland 2-2 Ireland 2-2 When these teams played the first leg at home, they went 10-1 with 2 draws, but the games were narrow -- only 5 of the wins beat a 1.5 goal handicap. When these teams played the first leg away, they went 6-3 with 1 draw, including 4 wins by 2+ goals. When these teams won the first leg at home, they went 4-4 with 2 draws in the return leg. But in the six games in which they won the first leg on away, they went 6-0 at home, with five of the games by 2+ goals. IN OTHER WORDS...two trends: 1st leg overs beget 2nd leg overs; and a big win in the first leg AWAY is generally a sign of a good team that will then dominate at home rather than go on cruise control; it's a sign of a big gap between the teams.
Went back and counted 2006 for all of these: 1. Argument is weakened; over games in the first leg went 5-8 overs in the second leg. 2. Argument is relatively sound; home teams winning by 2-3 goals in the first leg went 3-2 with 3 draws away, while those winning by 4+ goals went 2-0 in the second leg. Away teams winning by 2 goals in the first leg went 4-0 in the home leg, with 2 games beating the -1.5 handicap. Away teams winning by 3+ goals in the first leg had one 4-goal win and the first loss in the return leg, by 1 goal. 3. As noted in the previous post, argument weakened; teams from the five "live" leagues went 3-5 advancing. Home teams in the first leg went 1-1-1; away teams went 2-3. However, the two teams winning away in the first leg went 2-0 at home in the return, with one of them a win by 2+ goals. So, to sum up the four years of data: 1. When the first leg went over, the second leg went over 37 games, under 25 games. When the first leg went under, the second leg went over 30 games, under 39 games 2. Home teams that beat their opponents in the first leg by --2 or 3 goals, went 9-7, 7 draws in the second leg away --4+ goals, went 8-1, 2 draws in the second leg away Away teams that beat their opponents in the first leg by --2 goals, went 6-2 in the second leg at home --3+ goals, went 14-1 in the second leg at home, average win by 4.3 goals, with all games won by at least 2 goals (the one loss was by 1 goal) Teams whose leagues are active in the summer -- Iceland, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Ireland -- advanced from the first round 21 times, failing to advance 10 times. I threw out the instances where two such teams faced each other. By league: Sweden 6-1 Finland 5-1 Norway 6-2 Iceland 2-4 Ireland 2-2 When these teams played the first leg at home, they went 11-2 with 3 draws, but the games were narrow -- only 6 of the wins beat a 1.5 goal handicap. When these teams played the first leg away, they went 8-6 with 1 draw, including 4 wins by 2+ goals. When these teams won the first leg at home, they went 5-4 with 2 draws in the return leg. But in the eight games in which they won the first leg on away, they went 8-0 at home, with six of the games by 2+ goals.

Event NSI Runavik - Gefle
Selection NSI Runavik AH +1.75 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 01/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 1.81 (Back)
Reasoning NSI Runavik is on top form leading their league, a weak league, it's true, but they are showing they have a decent team. Today they will receive Gefle, a average Swedish team, which is returning after the World Cup break in Sweden competitions. One month after the last league game, they defeated Ljungskile for the Swedish Cup, a second league team, only by 1-0. Of course that Gefle is favorite to win this game as they are more strong than the hosts, but they know they have the second leg at home and they won't force it too much. The hosts are motivated and the weather on Faroe Islands is very windy and it rains a lot today, so i think Gefle won't get a big win in this game.

Event Grevenmacher - Dundalk
Selection Grevenmacher AH +1 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 01/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.90 (Back)
Reasoning Grevenmacher have reinforced a lot their team, specially to this Europe League. They are constructing a new team and the last draw on a friendly game against Dundelange (0-0), showed that they are on a good way and showed also a good defense. Dundalk was defeated by Bohemians on his last game. A clear defeat by 0-3 that showed lots of weak points that Grevenmacher can exploit today. Of course there are no comparison between the two sides, but don't forget that this is a two leg round, and looking to the poor performance of Dundalk on the last game, specially on their defense, i believe that they won't get a big win here, and they maybe draw this game.

Event O. Ljubljana - Siroki Brijeg
Selection Siroki Brijeg X2
Strength 10/10
Date 01/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price VCBet @ 1.80 (Back)
Reasoning This game will not be played on Ljubljana stadium as he is receiving improvements. SO we have a game on neutral venue here. Sikori Brijeg is a tough team that made a good season last year. They have the base of the team untouchable since last season, which is a great advantage on a start of season. I think they are stronger than the hosts. But we all know that this round is decided on two legs so i won't be admired if a draw happens here. To worst things, Omladič, the best Ljubljana player is injured so i think the favoritism can't be to the hosts here.

Event Kalmar - EB Streymur
Selection EB Streymur AH +3 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 01/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price 10bet @ 2.14 (Back)
Reasoning Another game where there are no question about who is the favorite to win the game and pass the round with so many difference of value between the two sides. The question here is by how much they Kalmar will win this game. Kalmar is not so strong as they were last season and 3 goals is a good and secure marge. I think despite the poor level of the visitors, they won't be smashed today and as we are seeing on the games so far played, this day is not for big results so i think this handicap is good for the visitors.

Went back and counted 2006 for all of these: 1. Argument is weakened; over games in the first leg went 5-8 overs in the second leg. 2. Argument is relatively sound; home teams winning by 2-3 goals in the first leg went 3-2 with 3 draws away, while those winning by 4+ goals went 2-0 in the second leg. Away teams winning by 2 goals in the first leg went 4-0 in the home leg, with 2 games beating the -1.5 handicap. Away teams winning by 3+ goals in the first leg had one 4-goal win and the first loss in the return leg, by 1 goal. 3. As noted in the previous post, argument weakened; teams from the five "live" leagues went 3-5 advancing. Home teams in the first leg went 1-1-1; away teams went 2-3. However, the two teams winning away in the first leg went 2-0 at home in the return, with one of them a win by 2+ goals. So, to sum up the four years of data: 1. When the first leg went over, the second leg went over 37 games, under 25 games. When the first leg went under, the second leg went over 30 games, under 39 games 2. Home teams that beat their opponents in the first leg by --2 or 3 goals, went 9-7, 7 draws in the second leg away --4+ goals, went 8-1, 2 draws in the second leg away Away teams that beat their opponents in the first leg by --2 goals, went 6-2 in the second leg at home --3+ goals, went 14-1 in the second leg at home, average win by 4.3 goals, with all games won by at least 2 goals (the one loss was by 1 goal) Teams whose leagues are active in the summer -- Iceland, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Ireland -- advanced from the first round 21 times, failing to advance 10 times. I threw out the instances where two such teams faced each other. By league: Sweden 6-1 Finland 5-1 Norway 6-2 Iceland 2-4 Ireland 2-2 When these teams played the first leg at home, they went 11-2 with 3 draws, but the games were narrow -- only 6 of the wins beat a 1.5 goal handicap. When these teams played the first leg away, they went 8-6 with 1 draw, including 4 wins by 2+ goals. When these teams won the first leg at home, they went 5-4 with 2 draws in the return leg. But in the eight games in which they won the first leg on away, they went 8-0 at home, with six of the games by 2+ goals.
Potential second-leg plays, pending the odds: #2...HC and overs, possibly Rabotnicki Zestaponi Randers #2...HC Mogren Budva #3...HC MyPa Gefle

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st July Well done FCP - some outstanding picks there mate. :clap The Siroki Brijeg was a great spot and Kalmar not to win heavily was something I wouldn't have backed. Should have followed all your picks.

fcking skonto riga dissapointing only team let me down for a treble anyone got the stats from the game?
All I know is that the corner count was about 12-2 in Skonto's favour. Cant imagine they will be too dissapointed with that draw as they will finish it over in Latvia.

Reykjavik - Glentoran = 1 (1.70) Stanleybet stake 6 / 10 Reykjavik is 9 in the classification with 9 points in 9 games with a score of w2-d3-4 goals scored 13 goals conceded 15. I do not think this is a good start to the season but have the advantage on their side that their league is in progress. Glentoran of Northern Ireland is a team and their season ended in May so we can say that I am still on holiday, the last game played by Glentoran was friendly with TNS lost 2-0. The Glentoran tackles per game without many players like Colin Nixon Ciaran Martyn, James Taylor, who are still on holiday. Paul Leeman who is recovering from injury and Matty Burrows who is suspended. I think the home team to win the match. My prediction is 1. :hope:hope:hope
:cow:nana:clap:nana:cow

Portadown-Skonto Riga = 2 (1.65) bet365 stake 5 / 10 Portadown finished the season in sixth place Northern Ireland almost two months fà.Gioca the Uefa Europa League just because it reached the cup final Ireland then lost with the champions Linfield. So far they have only played a friendly match against Banbridge won 2-0. They bought three new players: Henry McStay, Neil and Chris McCafferty Ramsey.La alloy Northern Ireland is one of the weakest in Europe. Skonto is the first in the standings with 28 points in 11 games with a score of W9-D1-L1 with 34 goals scored an average of more than three goals per game, gol conceded seven . My prediction is 2. :hope:hope:hope
:wall:wall:wall