Champions League 7th of April

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League 7th of April Bordeaux @2.05 (High stakes) Bordeaux -2 @8.08 (Very low stakes) Have to fancy Bordeaux to win at home Wednesday. It was an even game in the 1st leg, but Lyon took advantage of les Girondins mistakes. All 3 of Lyon's goals were fortunate, terrible defending on the first two and fortuitous penalty on the 3rd. Lisandro and Gomis are out for Lyon, Diarra is back for Bordeaux though Fernando is out. Bordeaux carved out plenty of chances and in a game where they must win and odds over evens has my mind made up. I'll take a chance on the -2, if Bordeaux get out to a 2-0 by the hour mark Lyon will have to push forward and 8.08 is decent value for a push cover.

Re: Champions League 7th of April

Bordeaux @2.05 (High stakes) Bordeaux -2 @8.08 (Very low stakes) Have to fancy Bordeaux to win at home Wednesday. It was an even game in the 1st leg, but Lyon took advantage of les Girondins mistakes. All 3 of Lyon's goals were fortunate, terrible defending on the first two and fortuitous penalty on the 3rd. Lisandro and Gomis are out for Lyon, Diarra is back for Bordeaux though Fernando is out. Bordeaux carved out plenty of chances and in a game where they must win and odds over evens has my mind made up. I'll take a chance on the -2, if Bordeaux get out to a 2-0 by the hour mark Lyon will have to push forward and 8.08 is decent value for a push cover.
-2 is never a good bet in a CL match guarantee you that, especially agains Lyon who have done so well at keeping opposition from scoring. This might even be a Lyon win.

Re: Champions League 7th of April I am seriously considering laying United. Unthinkable in my mind a couple of weeks ago but I am giving it real thought now. It is possibly too easy to say 'Rooney is out so United have no chance', but I think it is a huge factor. Bayern too are stronger than they were in the first-leg with Bastian returning, and possibly Robben too. If Robben is back then the counter-attack is set for them. A solid holding midfield with Ribery and Robben on each wing ready to break. This is a perfect set-up for them, though I do not think it is their usual approach with those players they could easily adapt to it. They also had a tough task at the weekend where they went down to 10 men for the entire second half and so defensively they came through well. Sure Schalke are not Man United but if they set up as I have hoped they will then I think they could easily attain a draw or better.

Re: Champions League 7th of April My pick for today Champion: Manchester United – Bayern Monaco GOL@1,65 (Stake: 6 - Quote: Intralot) The first leg was won 2-1 by Bayern, which confirmed its team formidable at home. Rooney responded to the initial goals of the lucky goal on punishment (deflected by the same Rooney) of Ribery and the final 2-1 to Olic, arrived in injury time. After this defeat has been the United suffer another, this time even more stinging because it suffered at home by the rivals Chelsea, while Bayern has won a victory on external Schalke 04, which led him to the top of its ranking against the 04. What awaits us in this game? A large brawl, probably will end once time with both teams scored, while for the next round Bayern not be overstated. If Manchester fails to contain lively Ribery everything could still happen. (sorry... this is an automatic translation)

Re: Champions League 7th of April i know that what i have 2 say on this game ,is on a wrong page.at mine betting list (suribet) they make a big mistake .on the game .motril(#3) vs arenas(#14) in the spanish l3.they put at halve time a odd of 4,6.it should be 1,56.so if u can jump on it ,do it write now before they change it.

Re: Champions League 7th of April Bordeaux look the bet tomorrow guys. 3-1 down from the first leg means that they will have to push for an early goal from the off. Even if they don't overturn the first leg score you have to fancy them to win the match. After watching the first leg I know that the difference was simply that Lyon, especially Lopez, took their chances whereas Bordeaux didn't. An important note to make is that Lopez and Gomis are out for Lyon as mentioned by Rob, however i wouldnt take a chance on Bordeaux -2, it will be a tight game and if Bordeaux go 2-0 up they might sit back and soak up the presure as a 2-0 scoreline will take them through. Overall I would make Bordeaux an odds on chance (10-11) so to see 11-10 was a nice surprise. I wouldn't go crazy with the stakes but i will be having some of my winnings from the weekend on them. Main bets- Bordeaux to win the match @ 11-10 Bordeaux to win -1 @ 3-1 Good luck all :ok

Re: Champions League 7th of April It seems the public bet is Bordeaux atm, but I think I'll be laying them this match. Their form lately hasn't been good, three straight losses in all competitions, and 2-2-4 in their last eight. Lyon, on the other hand, have lost a single game in their last 10, away to Marseille, and are on a three game winning streak, beating in-form Rennes last weak to take the top spot from Bordeaux. Yes, they have injuries, but I honestly think they'll come out and safely secure advancement here. They're in front of Bordeaux in form, confidence and in the league. I assume the odds of Bordeaux will sink more and more as we near kick-off (agree?), so I'll wait before placing this bet.

Re: Champions League 7th of April Jenspm, That is what worries me as well, it is an "obvious" choice to play Bordeaux in regards to the current aggregate. But current form should definitely favor Lyon who has shown no collapse since the victory over Real Madrid at home a few weeks ago. Thought this team would show fatigue vs Rennes but proved me wrong. The only reason I like Bordeaux here is that mathematically the advantage is on Lyon's side so even a mess up of a 1 goal loss would not hurt them so much.

Jenspm, That is what worries me as well, it is an "obvious" choice to play Bordeaux in regards to the current aggregate. But current form should definitely favor Lyon who has shown no collapse since the victory over Real Madrid at home a few weeks ago. Thought this team would show fatigue vs Rennes but proved me wrong. The only reason I like Bordeaux here is that mathematically the advantage is on Lyon's side so even a mess up of a 1 goal loss would not hurt them so much.
Well, the odds imply the percentages to be almost 50% for a Bordeaux win, and quite honestly, I think that's a bit too much.. I wouldn't be surprised if they win, but as the odds stand atm, theres a lot more value on the away side.

Re: Champions League 7th of April Bayern Munich +0.5 @ 2.13 pinnacle Man Utd showed on the weekend in their loss to Chelsea how much they rely on Rooney to get them to win games, and his absence is a blo for their chances to win the game. While there are players like Valencia, Berbatov and Nani who have showed glimpses of the skills they have, they do not have the consistency that has been a feature of Rooney's play. Also with Neville, Vidic and Ferdinand back there, they do lack pace and expect Olic to play from the outset as he has that pace to worry them, whether it is close them down when Bayern are defending, or to run at them when he has the ball. Not blessed with the greatest set of skills, but has the stamina, as well as speed to do this job for them, as they look to protect the lead from the first leg. Bayern showed in the first leg that they can play some defence and their structure and shape was good. Without Rooney to given them problems, then they will face Berbatov as the target man and Valencia and Nani down the flanks, and like the look of them containing them. Man Utd will be patient as they know that one goal is enough and they have 90 minutes to do so, but Bayern did show in the first leg that they too can be patient and wait for the opportunities to present themselves. They have the added bonus though that Robben is likely to play and that will give them another very good attacking option. As Man Utd starts to push more and more forward in the second half, they will leave them open at the back. Can see Bayern taking advantage of this with Ribery and Robben down the flanks. While there is hardly anyone playing for Bayern now, from back when Man Utd shocked them with 2 late goals to win the Champions League, that sense of hurt to the club's pride has still lingered and the club will instil in these players this quarter final, and this second leg even more so, that this is an opportunity to exact revenge and make up for that pain of losing that game so late. Bayern have the temperament to hold Man Utd and get at least a draw in these circumstances.

Bayern Munich +0.5 @ 2.13 pinnacle Man Utd showed on the weekend in their loss to Chelsea how much they rely on Rooney to get them to win games, and his absence is a blo for their chances to win the game. While there are players like Valencia, Berbatov and Nani who have showed glimpses of the skills they have, they do not have the consistency that has been a feature of Rooney's play. Also with Neville, Vidic and Ferdinand back there, they do lack pace and expect Olic to play from the outset as he has that pace to worry them, whether it is close them down when Bayern are defending, or to run at them when he has the ball. Not blessed with the greatest set of skills, but has the stamina, as well as speed to do this job for them, as they look to protect the lead from the first leg. Bayern showed in the first leg that they can play some defence and their structure and shape was good. Without Rooney to given them problems, then they will face Berbatov as the target man and Valencia and Nani down the flanks, and like the look of them containing them. Man Utd will be patient as they know that one goal is enough and they have 90 minutes to do so, but Bayern did show in the first leg that they too can be patient and wait for the opportunities to present themselves. They have the added bonus though that Robben is likely to play and that will give them another very good attacking option. As Man Utd starts to push more and more forward in the second half, they will leave them open at the back. Can see Bayern taking advantage of this with Ribery and Robben down the flanks. While there is hardly anyone playing for Bayern now, from back when Man Utd shocked them with 2 late goals to win the Champions League, that sense of hurt to the club's pride has still lingered and the club will instil in these players this quarter final, and this second leg even more so, that this is an opportunity to exact revenge and make up for that pain of losing that game so late. Bayern have the temperament to hold Man Utd and get at least a draw in these circumstances.
Yep,this is exactly what i think :ok No Rooney - no wins and Chelsea game was good example.Don't think Bayern will lose this one.After beating Shalke away and only one step from semi i think they will go for it :dude

Re: Champions League 7th of April Bordeaux - Lyon under 2.5 @ 1.86 pinnacle When reviewing the first leg of this quarter final, each of the 4 goals were based on poor defending and clearing of the ball. This was uncharacteristic from 2 teams that had each only conceded 1 goal from their last 4 CL games. Expect both teams to have worked on this over the last week in preparation for this game. Lyon lead 3-1 and know that if Bordeaux scores, then another goal and they lead overall, so they will be very tight at the back to prevent Bordeaux getting through, but also expect them to concentrate more on getting rid of the ball out of their defence. Also Bordeaux know that a goal and it is all over for them. They will look to ensure that they do not get exposed as they go forward, so with caution they will mount their attacks. So by half time, doubt there will be goals in this game as both teams defend well. Come second half, Lyon will be content to sit back while Bordeaux will press even more. A Lyon goal will knock the stuffing out of Bordeaux as they pretty much know their fate is sealed, but if Bordeaux score, then Lyon will bring the substitutes on and play with 11 defenders/midfielders, with strikers not a concern now. Believe that for all of their efforts, Bordeaux will not be able to break down Lyon's defence while Lyon will not be in a rush to go forward to score, as they do not need to. Under looks likely here

Re: Champions League 7th of April The bookies know rooney is out, they know his impact on united is huge. It isnt like united need loads of goals, 1 will do as long as the defense do their job and the midfield win their battle. I have not even looked at the prices yet and therefore have no opinion but this needed to be pointed out.

Re: Champions League 7th of April Evening gents, Been looking at tonights games since the results last week really.... Manchester United V Bayern Munich - Manchester United to qualify @ 2.06 (Betfair) Manchester United after extra time @ 23.00 (Betfair) 2.5/10 Manchester United after Penalties @ 36.00 (Betfair) 2/10 These selections may take a few people by surprise, however I just see a little bit of value in them. In the first leg of this match, Manchester United's season went from looking extremely rosey to extremely uncertain in the space of 90 minutes. Going into that game last week United were top of the EPL, had a striker banging goals in for fun and after a minute or so of their away leg of the quarter final in the CL found themselves a goal up. After that goal though it has been worrying times for Sir Alex, they lost that game 2-1, lost thier main striker through injury and lost pace in the EPL losing 2-1 at home to Chelsea on Saturday. The defeat last week was disappointing, having lost two late goals (one in the final minutes of that game) to lose the game to Bayern, I feel this disappointment appeard its ugly head again on Saturday and the United team for the first time this season perhaps showed a lack of belief and signs of tiredness. No doubt about it, United are not the same team without Rooney, Berbatov has his admirers but he also has many a critic, he is a physical presence up fonrt but I feel he owes United fans a BIG performance tomorrow evening. This could be said for a few of Sir Alex's men, Carrick needs to find his energy and passing rane again, Fletcher has to show the same drive and desire he has carried all season, Rio and Vidic at the back need to show great awareness and concentration and Evra in my opinion owes a performance after a porr showing in Germany last week. In saying all this, United have the players, the experience and the man in charge to get all this out of these guys. I imagine the United team will be something along the lines of.. -------------------VDS-------------- Neville----Ferdinand----Vidic-----Evra Valencia--Carrick------Fletcher--Nani -------------Giggs/Scholes------------- ---------------Berbatov--------------- United need to score, they know that, the fans know that, the Germans know that and Sir Alex hopefully knows how to get them to do that. Bayern are a strange team, last week they showed great desire and belief to come back from such an early set back to win 2-1. Olic up front will run his heart out for the cause, Ribery and Robben will provide great counter attacking pace and ability, whilst their midfeild welcomes back Schwinsteiger which may add some steal to the center of the park. They are by no means unbeatable and they wouldnt be in this tie if it were not for a world class strike late on in the last round from Robben to take them through. I can see Bayern scoring with the attacking ability they havem but given the frailty of their defence I can also see United scoring a couple if they are on their game. I dont think it would be too surprising to see a scoreline of 2-1 come the end of 90 minutes, and with the crowd backing the Mancunians, I can see them taking the tie in extra time or penalites, both of which offer massive odds, and well worth a small stake in my opinion. My bets therefore for this game will be: Manchester United to qualify @ 2.06 (Betfair) 8/10 Manchester United after Extra Time @ 23.00 (Betfair) 2.5/10 Manchester United after Penalties @ 36.00 (Betfair) 2.5/10 Goodluck with your bets everyone :ok:hope

Re: Champions League 7th of April Probably going to follow SP on the United to qualify bet. United are without Rooney, which will effect the price obviously, but here that will work in our favour, and I can already see they are out to 1.82 to win the game. Fair enough, some might argue that they were poor at the weekend. I would argue that Chelsea weren't much better, and that was a different day against different opposition. We have to remember that Manchester United have more than enough quality and experience to overturn the first leg deficit, without Rooney. It would be foolish to ignore that fact and lump on Munich based on unfortunate team news. I'm happy to take the following bet, which provides a significant amount of value. Manchester United v FC Bayern München + 2.5 (AH) Corner Handicap @ 1.9 - BET365. This bet is on an Asian handicap, which eradicates the possibility of a tie. Although, I feel Manchester United will qualify, I can see Munich racking up a fair few corners. They generally beat this sort of handicap in the Bundesliga, through use of wing play. They've also beaten this sort of handicap each time they've been away in the CL. Manchester United haven't racked up the sort of corners you'd expect in the CL, and have only beaten a handicap, just, against Besiktas and CSKA.

Re: Champions League 7th of April I am going for Bayern to qualify as see the match either being a draw or Bayern win. Just cannot see Man Utd scoring a goal with Rooney out-Berbatov is dreadful and can see Ribery and co dominating the play. Going to double FC Bayern qualifying with a Bordeaux win on the night. Good luck guys :hope

Re: Champions League 7th of April I got questions with V buyten who was injured last weekend? they say he'll play but is he really fit is the question... Vidic to score @ 8.6 seems nice... I think I'll for a home victory as well.... Bordeaux is a great team, but Lyon knows what to do... they won't play to offensive. I believe they will counter as said above. Question is: can they win it? I'm going for a bordeaux victory because I believe Bordeaux really can win at home against Lyon. I still believe Bordeaux can qualify. In doubt about that bet... Gourcuff is really a great player and a lot will depend on the first goal. If Bordeaux can score a quick goal anything is possible!

Re: Champions League 7th of April Man u v Bayern thats two bad games in a row by united, in both cases they have looked nervous and tired. Park and Nani have to start, so they can press on the bayern midfield and as a foil to DiMaechalis and Muller who tend to jump out and start things for the germans. Berbatov needs to find form. cant see it this time...... Lay Man utd 1.89 @ betfair.

Re: Champions League 7th of April I was going to oppose Man United based on some some pretty strong trends that I'd read:

• Only once in the modern-day era have Man United overturned a first-leg deficit, in 2007 when they hammered Roma 7-1 at Old Trafford after losing the first leg 2-1.
  • Sir Alex Ferguson has never beaten a German team in a Champions League knockout tie, his only triumph the historic 1999 Treble-clinching final win over Bayern at the Nou Camp.
  • Bayern are unbeaten in three visits to Old Trafford and their coach, Louis van Gaal, has never lost a knockout tie to an English team.

However stats like this are there to be broken (similar to the Ibra never scoring against an English side one) so something keeps bringing me back to Man United to qualify and totally agree with you.

Probably going to follow SP on the United to qualify bet.
Manchester United to qualify @ 2.06 (Betfair) 8/10

Re: Champions League 7th of April United have an awesome home record, they spanked Milan in the last round with ease. Sure there is no Rooney but there is plenty of others in the team with class. Despite this I was looking to lay United if the price was around 1.70, but was surprised to see it @ 1.88 and determine that this is value and have backed them instead. Also, home win in the other game, 3-1 was very harsh result for the first leg.

Re: Champions League 7th of April Howdy all, Thought I would join up and start offering opinions and tips, rather than just read everyone else's. Found this site about a month ago, very informative. I've profited almost a grand in two weeks, not just from tips from this site, but it's certainly helped. Im leaving Bordeaux v Lyon well alone tonight. This really is a game that could go either way. Yes, Bordeaux have to win, and win well, but this will create chances for Lyon to hit them on the break. The first leg was a perfect display in how not to defend, and this game tonight could be very similar. In the other tie, my feeling is that Utd will crash out of Europe tonight. I just feel that Bayern have hit a good run of form domestically, and winning in the Allianz Arena against Utd will give them the confidence to get the job done at Old trafford. As has already been stated, with Robben and Ribery on the flanks, and Olic the likely starter upfront, this is tailored made for a fast and effective counter-attacking side. Robben has been in fine form this season, similar to his early days at Chelsea. The fact that Bayern only need a draw to qualify gives me concerns about betting on a Bayern win. Im going to be getting on Bayern win or draw @evens with coral and various others. Good luck to all! "Money won is twice as sweet as money earned"

Re: Champions League 7th of April A few words on the return leg in France, although once again I won't be betting on it. Lyon are without Lisandro Lopez, Jean II Makoun and Sidney Govou. I don't know why everyone is saying Bafetimbi Gomis is out, he is fit and will play as the sole striker upfront. Bordeaux have Alou Diarra back in their midfield, which is a big boost, and I suspect Marc Planus will be fit to partner Michael Ciani in the centre of their defence. In terms of who wins this match, I have no idea. Some football matches aren't worth betting on. I had a hunch last week that Lyon would win but it was too weak to put any cash on. This week, I have no such hunch. Bordeaux will have to attack early on. They could score, or they could concede on the break. I do think Lyon will be in the semi-finals, but how that comes around is anyone's guess. There are far easier matches, IMO, to call this week than this one. Bonne chance :ok

Howdy all, Thought I would join up and start offering opinions and tips, rather than just read everyone else's. Found this site about a month ago, very informative. I've profited almost a grand in two weeks, not just from tips from this site, but it's certainly helped. Im leaving Bordeaux v Lyon well alone tonight. This really is a game that could go either way. Yes, Bordeaux have to win, and win well, but this will create chances for Lyon to hit them on the break. The first leg was a perfect display in how not to defend, and this game tonight could be very similar. In the other tie, my feeling is that Utd will crash out of Europe tonight. I just feel that Bayern have hit a good run of form domestically, and winning in the Allianz Arena against Utd will give them the confidence to get the job done at Old trafford. As has already been stated, with Robben and Ribery on the flanks, and Olic the likely starter upfront, this is tailored made for a fast and effective counter-attacking side. Robben has been in fine form this season, similar to his early days at Chelsea. The fact that Bayern only need a draw to qualify gives me concerns about betting on a Bayern win. Im going to be getting on Bayern win or draw @evens with coral and various others. Good luck to all! "Money won is twice as sweet as money earned"
:welcome to PL. I agree with your Bayern win or draw. I mean everything that I look into points towards it. As I feel a majority of the people will be backing United to win, I'll wait till the match starts before placing the bet to get the maximum value out of it.

Re: Champions League 7th of April I'm going for two bets tonight: Bayern corners +2 @ 2.25 Man U/Bayern @ 44 :eek Without Rooney constantly chasing the ball down i don't expect Man United to have the sheer energy within the team to carve out the chances they will need for the likes of Berbatov to score. Bayern have very good wingers who will create chances and therefor youd expect more corners. One other bet i like the looks of (at 44/1 wow!) is Man U first half, Bayern second half. I think most of Uniteds main energy will come from the first 20-30 minutes, and i see them possibly winning the first half at that point if he isnt already playing i imagine Bayern bringing Ribery and/or Robben into the fray and i fancy Bayern to qualify. 44/1 is fantastic value with small stakes.

It took Chelsea 1 defenseve mistake and a Fantastic Strike from one of the Most lethal strikers in the world Drogba from A CLEAR OFF SIDE possition...lol...to actually win that game..(what a joke). And then you all tell me that everything points to a Bayern qualification..?WHY?
Umm Macheda's goal was handballed twice before it went into Chelsea's net... What a fuking joke as well... Yeah still pointing to a Bayern qualification.. who's gonna score for Utd? They had to handball the ball into the goal to get theirs against Chelsea... Its deffo not gonna be useless Berbatov...imo...

Deflections do happen when under constant pressure mate. So do own goals and other mistakes.
Agreed, either he is a big Man utd supporter or an idiot either way doesnt matter, I have opposed BigPunterBaby on 2 previous occasions and have come up on top, and Ill stick my neck on the line once I have had a look at the line-up. Especially if they play 4-5-1 like they did against Chelsea with berbatov upfront, then Ill deffo not back United.