** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Gaelic Games

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Gaelic Games

i bet with paddy power and bet365. Suprised no-one else posting here this weekend.
Didn't post myself Pa as this weekends six games were the toughest set of games to make money on in the past couple of years IMO.Not even a 1 pt tip did I see.Bookies spot on with the 9 pt handicap with Cork Antrim game sums the weekend up.Tipp Galway was always a coin toss although sick I didnt back over 43.5 points in total as these always produce high scoring games.

Re: Gaelic Games Weather forecasters giving rain for dublin on saturday and sunday. With a greasy ball to deal with i think defenders will have a tough time coming out with the ball and therefore have put small stakes on: Over 1.5 45's @ 5/6 Bet365 (all 4 quarter finals) GL :hope

Re: Gaelic Games I fancy this with PP; B Cullen under 1.5pts 11/10. Over reaction to Cullen's performance last week; half back playin half forward. Louth are a Div 3 team and played like it last week; he won't get the same space, etc v Tyrone. Cullen's in their to win breaks and won't be worrying about point scoring; he mite be pulled back into defence and may not even finish the game. 4pt bet.

I fancy this with PP; B Cullen under 1.5pts 11/10. Over reaction to Cullen's performance last week; half back playin half forward. Louth are a Div 3 team and played like it last week; he won't get the same space, etc v Tyrone. Cullen's in their to win breaks and won't be worrying about point scoring; he mite be pulled back into defence and may not even finish the game. 4pt bet.
I agree totally with you break. Very well reasoned. I will have a bet on it. As for the game itself. How do u think it will go? I think tyrone will beat the dubs by atleast 5pts. I think revenge will be in the air after the dubs beat them in the league.

Re: Gaelic Games Ya that's a good bet above break. Unfortunately no account with PP think they are an atroicous bookmaker. Re the matches this weekend, I think Cork are defo winners, however, Betfair have Roscommon +9.5points at 1.80. Refs like giving a few soft frees to teams who are getting a good hiding so I feel that Roscommon will socre maybe 9 or 10points at least. Dont see cork hitting 19-20points plus. Just not in their nature and some of their forwards for all their talent can be quite wasteful in front of goal. Other match on Sunday is Meath V Kildare. Which Meath will turn up is the question. The team that went goal mad against Dublin or the team that played Louth? I think Meath got very lucky against the Dubs. They did enuf to win but someof the goals should never have been aloud. Louth would've beaten them comfortable in the Leinster final had they not been so wasteful in front of goal. I like Kildare under McGeeney. They are a physical side and altho they can be wasteful in front of goal, the amount of scoring chances they create is second to no one. They are incredible fit also and I feel playing the run of weekends they have had will not impact too great on them. I like the odds of Kildare at 2.20 on betfair are good to take on. Saturday so has the better matches. I'm leaving Kerry V Down alone. I dont know much about Down but they did hit 3-20 against Sligo so the Down +4.5points at 1.76 is very nice. The big match is Tyrone V Dublin. As usual the bookies are siding with public (Dublin) opinion and pricing this one incorrectly imo. Dublin wont win this match. Betfair have Tyrone at 1.52 and Dublin at 4.00. Tyrone will strangle the life out of Dublin and should win this one comfortably. Dublin have been very hot and cold during matches with the Gilroy styling the Dubs up exactly for this type of match. They are very defensive in midfield and even in the forwards (half forward line in particular) are defensive. They will track back a lot and work hard, but I feel the team and full forward line will be starved of the necessary possession. Dublin will tire and Tyrone will hold possession and work the openings. My prediction is Cork, Kildare, Kerry, Tyrone semi finals. My bets are Roscommon +9.5points, Kildare win, Tyrone win.

Weather forecasters giving rain for dublin on saturday and sunday. With a greasy ball to deal with i think defenders will have a tough time coming out with the ball and therefore have put small stakes on: Over 1.5 45's @ 5/6 Bet365 (all 4 quarter finals) GL :hope
Didn't take long for the overs in 1st quarter final. Heading to my nieces christening at 4pm so won't see the 2nd game. Would someone post the no. of 45's for me please?

Re: Gaelic Games 2 surprises this afternoon, Kerry were shocking!! The dubs took care of tyrone by playing like Tyrone! I know its not analysis but as i was watching the match on television with 45seconds of injury time left, and the dubs up by 5points, on betfair you couldnt back the dubs to win the match. Then all of a sudden, over €16,000 was available to back on Dublin to win the match at odds of 1.16. I doubt anyone else saw this, but i emptied the account on it. The 1.16 lasted for 30seconds!!! Someone made a very costly mistake there.

Re: Gaelic Games My two weekend bets that I did during the week were: Cork -7 v Roscommon @ 5/6 with Ladbrokes.Price has tightened up since and you may have to take the -8 option.I dont see a shock coming here and with Corks excellent defensive record,Roscommon will struggle to score.Corks forwards to have improved from their last two outings and to win with a nice bit to spare. Kildare @ 11/10 v Meath with Hills.Qualifiers run by Kildare has been so impressive that I fancy them to take this all Leinster clash.Meath are better than their Leinster Final showing but with Kavanagh and O Callaghan giving Doyle a hand in the scoring stakes,McGeeney to lead Kildare to a semi final clash with Down.

My two weekend bets that I did during the week were: Cork -7 v Roscommon @ 5/6 with Ladbrokes.Price has tightened up since and you may have to take the -8 option.I dont see a shock coming here and with Corks excellent defensive record,Roscommon will struggle to score.Corks forwards to have improved from their last two outings and to win with a nice bit to spare. Kildare @ 11/10 v Meath with Hills.Qualifiers run by Kildare has been so impressive that I fancy them to take this all Leinster clash.Meath are better than their Leinster Final showing but with Kavanagh and O Callaghan giving Doyle a hand in the scoring stakes,McGeeney to lead Kildare to a semi final clash with Down.
Cork 1-16 0-10 Roscommon :beer Kildare 2-17 1-12 Meath :beer 2010: Wins 23 Loss 7

I know its not analysis but as i was watching the match on television with 45seconds of injury time left, and the dubs up by 5points, on betfair you couldnt back the dubs to win the match. Then all of a sudden, over €16,000 was available to back on Dublin to win the match at odds of 1.16. I doubt anyone else saw this, but i emptied the account on it. The 1.16 lasted for 30seconds!!! Someone made a very costly mistake there.
I saw that also and had to rub my eyes to make sure I wasnt seeing things or vieweing the wrong market!! I put 2 grand on and my brother staked over 5 and a half grand also, free money!! There's a thread on the Irish sports forum on betfair about it also.

Possibly' date=' to get people thinking that something like it may happen again, but I have my doubts, giving away €2600 for nothing!! It wasn't a betfair employee who started the thread on the Irish Sports forum either.[/quote'] Anyway, u profited by it so well done. Always nice to see someone spank them :lol

Re: Gaelic Games my bet concerns minor hurling match.i feel that galways full back line looks very shaky and i feel the sharp shooters of kilkenny can take advantage of them.ger aylward looks a future county star and was very impressive vs dublin in leinster final.he may start centre forward but i forsee him playing the majority of the game in full.he also should take penalties and i will have a small stake on him for anytime goalscorer in pp at 11 to 5.

my bet concerns minor hurling match.i feel that galways full back line looks very shaky and i feel the sharp shooters of kilkenny can take advantage of them.ger aylward looks a future county star and was very impressive vs dublin in leinster final.he may start centre forward but i forsee him playing the majority of the game in full.he also should take penalties and i will have a small stake on him for anytime goalscorer in pp at 11 to 5.
get in:clap

Re: Gaelic Games being a cork man i couldnt possibly back against cork. Kilkenny were good today but cork were pure sh1te! Repeat of last years final is a sure thing. Tipp will have more than enuf next week to beat Waterford. Kilkenny are going to take some stopping tho. I dont think they can be stopped.

Re: Gaelic Games Really dont know which way to go for the Tipp V Waterford game. If Tipp show up on form they could well anniahilate Waterford and cover the -4 handicap easily. Yet at the same time it wouldnt come as the greatest shock in the world to see Waterford even win. One thing i do think it will be a high scoring game. These 2 teams rarely are involved in low scoring games and as long as the weather stays good i think over 44.5 points is a good bet. Will scour the rest of the markets and and see what else we can come up with but handicap or straight match betting I think is out of the question.

Re: Gaelic Games waterford vs tipp looks a very hard game to call.you have both teams coming in with huge confidence after narrow wins in munster and qualifiers.i actually fancy waterford for this game if it is a tight game but if it is open tipp wil blow them away.i think tipp have a very vulnerable half forward line and with the experience of the likes of tony browne and brick walshe they may find it hard to get supply into full forward line.i think waterford +3 on the handicap looks the bet for me but i will generally oppose this game. we need master ronny!!!! :)

Re: Gaelic Games Bias to one side, Cork had more than enough for Waterford in the Munster final. The ref certainly gave many questionable decisions towards the end to Waterford, a fortunitious goal to force a replay. The replay cork didnt even turn up. Forwards were atrocious. Waterford need Mullane to be on song today. Personally i feel they rely way too much on him. Altho he never seems to let them down. Eoin Kelly blows hot and cold, he missed some very easy frees and 65s against Cork in the replay and i've question marks over him. Waterford dont have an outstanding record in Croke Park whereas its a home away from home for Tipperary. Tipperary i feel have the winning of midfield certainly. I think they may try to bypass their half forward line in some aspects. Eoin Kelly, Corbett can cause havoc for the Waterford full back line. Dry hot weather in Dublin today so that should further suit Tipperary. Waterford has a few older players to be fair. Shanahan isnt the figure he once was. I think Tipperary are value at 1.46 on Betfair. This is Waterfords all ireland, cause if they win they are in for a humiliation against Kilkenny in the final. Tipperary have the potential to give Kilkenny a match. I'll be backing Tipperary to win in 70mins. Keep Waterford to one goal or less and i think Tipperary can win this by 4 -6 points to be honest.

Re: Gaelic Games not much reasoning here for ye lads, except that i see this match as a bit of a coin toss. Waterford are tactically a better team this year, and despite tony brown being 37, the rest of the team is not THAT old. A match that waterford will have a gameplan in, and a match that i see as being ALOT closer than the bookies suggest, for sheer value foundations, ill have 20 quid on waterford at 13/5 and above on betfair. great value.