** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Gaelic Games

Re: Gaelic Games Right, has gotten very quiet on here... Cork v Dublin. Looking at the teams, its v simple for me; if Cork shut down B Brogan, they win. 3 of the Dublin forwards are essentially backs and A Brogan is a shadow of his former self. E O'Gara is more of a battering ram, and could be an anytime goal danger, but its all about the younger Brogan. Cork on the other hand have real scoring power, with all 6 of their forwards having the ability to do damage. Even without Canty, who i cant see playing, i reckon Cork can contain Brogan, and thus, win the game by a margin. -2 looks solid to me at 5/4 with PP. Mite double up with the Tyrone minors who are a class act again this year. Some of the scoring specials look decent too. Cullen under 1.5pts; 5/6 with PP. Shortest odds all year, but its free money in my eyes. Hes a back, thats in their to win breaks round the middle and filter back to help his defence. Could even end up playing in the half backs and may not play the 70mins. Could nick 1, but can't see him nicking 2 v Cork. MD McAuley under .5pts; 11/10 with PP. I can see him getting swallowed up by the Cork big men. Hes a ball player, but the pressure will be on today to principally compete for possession against the Cork giants; he wont have time to be worrying about gettin forward. With the bigger E Fennell waiting in the wings, i dont see him playing 70mins either. P O'Neill to outscore Cullen 5/6 with PP. The marauding O'Neill may only need 1pt to win this with Cullen dogging away round the middle third; print money. Nothing sexy odds wise, but all pretty much sure things in my eyes. What do yee guys think??

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Gaelic Games I really fancy kildare 2moro. Their performance against meath was really impressive. And their fitness levels under McGeeney are phenominal. They've won their last 2 matches without their main marksman firing.This all bodes well for 2moro.

Re: Gaelic Games

I really fancy kildare 2moro. Their performance against meath was really impressive. And their fitness levels under McGeeney are phenominal. They've won their last 2 matches without their main marksman firing.This all bodes well for 2moro.
Agreed; Kildare are in great physical shape,and should finish strong. Down have had some fast starts this year; Tyrone, Kerry, Sligo... PP go 4/1 for Down/Kildare ht/ft. Tempting. I've had a fair degree of success with individual over/unders so far this year, however, none really jumping out tmw. P Fitzpatrick under .5pts @ evens with PP is prob the best available. Coming in for his first start in place of the unlucky A Rodgers, his focus will be holding his own round the middle, and Kildares swarm defence will clog things up for any runners from deep; him kicking pts isnt gonna win the game for Down, he and K King will be leaving it to M Clarke and co.

Re: Gaelic Games Minor Match:Cork v Galway at 1.30pm. Cork all the way for me here.They have beaten Kerry to win Munster and knocked out last years champions Armagh in the quarter finals.Galway laboured to a one point win over Longford in the last round and have a few injuries to deal with also. 3 pts Cork -1 @ evens.(paddypower,bet 365 etc)

Minor Match:Cork v Galway at 1.30pm. Cork all the way for me here.They have beaten Kerry to win Munster and knocked out last years champions Armagh in the quarter finals.Galway laboured to a one point win over Longford in the last round and have a few injuries to deal with also. 3 pts Cork -1 @ evens.(paddypower,bet 365 etc)
Ouch; goals killed ya...

Agreed; Kildare are in great physical shape,and should finish strong. Down have had some fast starts this year; Tyrone, Kerry, Sligo... PP go 4/1 for Down/Kildare ht/ft. Tempting. I've had a fair degree of success with individual over/unders so far this year, however, none really jumping out tmw. P Fitzpatrick under .5pts @ evens with PP is prob the best available. Coming in for his first start in place of the unlucky A Rodgers, his focus will be holding his own round the middle, and Kildares swarm defence will clog things up for any runners from deep; him kicking pts isnt gonna win the game for Down, he and K King will be leaving it to M Clarke and co.
Sunk. ht/ft nearly came off, but it would have been robbery. Big Fitzpatrick had a stormer, and should have scored his point sooner. Not a gd w/e!! :sad

Re: Gaelic Games Kilkenny v Tipperary Kilkenny -4 pts @ Evens I have to take this bet and will be going MAX stakes on it. Had my biggest (respectively what i would win) bet of the year on this last year and it came off by the narrowest of margins. I was very lucky to cover the identical handicap to say the least. But this year Kilkenny look like a freight train. I dont think iv EVER seen such a team of hurlers. They've steamrolled absolutely everyone this year and are looking like professionals in an amatuer game. They have (somehow) improved this year after after some people believed they were on the way down. I thought the bookies would price it up -6 or so but at -4 I will be having a fairly hefty sum on this match. I dont think Tipperary have improved since last year but I dont think their any worse either. But i think kilkenny are better than ever and are showing absolutely no mercy this year, unlike last year when they let teams into games before seeing them off (Galway, Dublin, Tipp). Tipp definitly deserve to be in the final as they are clear second best in the country, but I think second best have a long way to go to even get close to the champs in this game. Kilkenny -4 @ EVS PPower Max Stakes :hope

Some gypsy woman in Kilkenny predicted that Kilkenny will win by 4 points exactly. Better have a saver on the handicap draw! In all honestly though I doubt you could find a 11/10 shot to match this bet this weekend.
I've backed kilkenny -3.5pts @ bet365. Tbh i think kilkenny will win this by a cricket score and may back a bigger handicap later. Puntyboy, do you know if she predicts lotto numbers as well? :tongue2

All joking aside. I'll be interested to see the no. of points paddy power have up for eddie brennan. He's flying in training.
Actually Brennan has been very poor in training recently and apart from his goal against cork,he was quite poor in the semi final too. I've also backed Kilkenny -4 @ 11/10 with pp-too good a bet to turn down.On the Cats....:notworthy

I've backed kilkenny -3.5pts @ bet365. Tbh i think kilkenny will win this by a cricket score and may back a bigger handicap later. Puntyboy' date=' do you know if she predicts lotto numbers as well? :tongue2[/quote'] Yeah she said 5, 10, 18, 42, 44, 45 bonus will be 2. Looks like were all in the same boat for this one lads. Hopefully this match is over by half time and Kilkenny win by 14 points. No doubt Tipperary have the ability to run them close but it will have to be via a poor performance by the Cats and a great display by Tipp. Don't think Brian Cody does poor performances though, :tongue2

Re: Gaelic Games Gone for 3 bets: €100 Kilkenny -3.5pts @ 5/6 Bet365 €100 Kilkenny over 1.5 goals @ 8/11 Paddy Power €100 Cha Fitzpatrick over 1.5pts @ 5/6 Paddy Power Tipp played as well as they could possibly could do in last years final and still couldn't beat the cats. Kilkenny are better this year and tipp haven't reached the heights of last year but have shown signs of improvement, particularly in defence against waterford. In saying that, i still see the kilkenny forwards running amok on sunday. Tipp have conceded alot of goals in this years championship and i can see kilkenny scoring atleast 2 on sunday.