** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Gaelic Games

Re: Gaelic Games Dublin vs Offaly Dublin -5.0 @ 11/10 Bet365 The Dub's looked great in the league showing they can stand toe to toe with Kilkenny and win the hard way. Of course league form goes out the window when summer begins, but I feel the Dub's will want to go a long way this season and Daly will make them play a game at a time. I think they've a chance for a big win against the Faithful county tomorrow who've got many players missing in James Rigney, David Franks, Joe Brady and Paul Cleary, Brendan Murphy and Haniffy was confirmed an injury for the game today. Offaly had a poor league campaign losing all but one match (and relegated) and not a great showing summer last year. The Dub's have a couple of players out in the backs but I reckon they'll show enough resolve to cover the handcap. Medium stakes on this one for me.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Gaelic Games Didn't back yest, thought Armagh would win, so it was a dodged bullet. Cork covering the handicap in the hurling was very much a missed boat in hindsight!! An early look this w/e, and i fancy Donegal to upset the odds v Tyrone; 2 USFC games under the belt, a rock solid NFL behind them, fresh and motivated under a new hungry manager, Mick Murphy available after his red. Tyrone looked a pale image of themselves v Monaghan; still have players and are a good side, but they're more than beatable. Also, the 1st round of the qualifiers is always a nice earner opportunity... Will post again closer to Sat... #caaash

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Gaelic Games Dublin v Kilkenny Leinster SHC Kilkenny @ 1.4 Bet365 This is a big match for Dublin but i'd argue an even bigger one for Kilkenny. They've lost their last two big finals in the All Ireland last year and the league final a few months back (that loss they had a lot of big guns missing) and will be out to silence critics. The return of Shefflin last game will give them a huge boost and they also welcome back Walsh and Power. Dublin have lost full back Tomas Brady for the season through injury but they won't be too fearful going into this game. I just feel Kilkenny's mental strength will get them over the line. They'll want to be first to every breaking ball for the full 70. I'm happy taking the straight win price and gonna double it with Antrim to win though -3 for Kilkenny at 10/11 is good value too to be fair. Beidh an t-adh libh :hope

Re: Gaelic Games Apols lads, didn't get back to post ahead of last w/e. Donegal did the business anyway (have them @ 12s to win the USFC :hope), but Monaghan sunk me. No more bigger stake GAA doubles/trebles for the next while... Was so sure re a Laois -2 pick; shoulda just lumped on. Greed is not good Gordon!! Anyway, re this w/e, i'm all over the Cork win @ 11/10 with PP. I keep hearing about Kerry having the best 6 forwards in the country. Well, tomorrow anyway, they don't. Galvin out is a massive miss. Not only is he the original 'breakballartist' but he is an excellent creator/orchestrator and he is always a scoring threat too. His presence is also a massive shot in the arm for the rest of the team, whether he starts or comes in off the bench. D Walsh doesn’t cut it for me, and K O’Leary is a rookie. The other 4 are quality, but will K Donaghy be called into the middle? Kerry’s midfield looks ripe for the taking to me, and its short odds that the big full forward will be needed, intermittently at least. If nothing else it looks awful (sends out an immediate negative message) when he stands in for the throw-ins. B Sheehan just doesn’t have the dynamism that a premier inter-Co midfielder needs, and A Maher is a supporting-cast type player. Add to this a weakened and ageing defence, and, well, you have a lot of questions. T O'Se is also a massive, massive loss. Then we have Cork, a settled and confident outfit, with the All Ireland & NFL Div1 titles in their back pocket. Size, power, pace to burn. Scoring power up front, options on the bench. Whatever about Kerry being at home, that could actually be more in favour of Cork, adding an extra incentive; beat the old enemy in their own house, really hammer it home who’s the Daddy now. I could see Cork winning this with a few to spare even, but am more than happy to just take above EVS and get some of my stake back from last w/e’s debacle!! Any thoughts??

Re: Gaelic Games Hello all I’m new to this forum, a seasoned GAA punter, hoping to get involved in your discussions and of course make a few quid too. Will post this weekend fixtures and see what follows. All Ireland Senior & Minor Hurling & Football Championships. Weekend Sat 9th / Sun 10th July.

th July 12:00 Dublin (2/7) v (9) Meath (4) (Minor)

Re: Gaelic Games

Meath -2 points @ 1/1 v Galway This is one of the bets of the year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have you a house ? Put it on! Anyone who saw Galway score 1 point in 35 minutes of football will have no fears
Have ur folks cleared out ur bedroom @ home?? Cause u cld b needing it when the bookie takes ur gaff!! ;-) Galway look all setup up for an Offaly style backlash. They've shipped a serious amount of flack since the Mayo massacre and must b hurting, bigtime. Add M Meehan back in2 the mix + few positional switches, & they look alot 'tighter'. Also, since when did Meath become world beaters? Brutal NFL campaign & the 2011 LSFC Louth version were poor. I'll b backing Galway, straight win or in the handicap...

Re: Gaelic Games i am keepin well clear of d meath and galway game, d bet of the weekend is Waterford in d football against London, since when did London become a good football team, they won 3 football games this year, Fermanagh and one of the other ones was Killkenny!:lol not sure about the 3rd game, was prob a rubbish team too. Waterford will win 13/8 PP, dis is one to put the house on includin the furnitur!

i am keepin well clear of d meath and galway game, d bet of the weekend is Waterford in d football against London, since when did London become a good football team, they won 3 football games this year, Fermanagh and one of the other ones was Killkenny!:lol not sure about the 3rd game, was prob a rubbish team too. Waterford will win 13/8 PP, dis is one to put the house on includin the furnitur!
This game is a pass for me... Yeah, London's bubble has to burst at some stage, but i couldn't be confident that it'll be this w/e. Why? Well, London may be London, but Waterford are Waterford, i.e. crap. Both are too 'unknown' for me. How you could back WD on the back of their drubbing v Cork is beyond me, especially with London flying high in terms of confidence... This game has to be a pass.

• 3 weeks later...

Twitter was/is alive with news of an Eoin Bradley knee (ACL) injury at Derry training today... Have been on Donegal from the start, but just got my shovel for the Final win... Such an NB player for them. EVS with bet365 (at the mo...) Get-on!!
A much welcomed bank injection thanks to DL; never in doubt the way the game played out!!! :nana But things have died a death again here lads... Had Cork ht/ft last Sat @ 4/5. Any early thoughts this w/e? V flat draw in terms of 'sexy' fixtures. Limerick +9? Any hope of a Roscommon backlash? Kildare too machine like for a developing DL?

Re: Gaelic Games Well lads, Ard Mhacha sadly dismissed from the championship again with barely a whimper.. so pure betting interest now for me - Overall something worth looking at i believe is over 1.5 goals, i think 3 out of 4 will cover this weekend. It makes a profitable alternative to wins / spreads, although i do like ht / ft also. On the weekend matches, cannot see anything but Tyrone win, hard to tell how convincingly though, perhaps an alternative handicap in pp slightly reducing spread offered at 5 points currently offered. Always possible Rossie backlash, good minor team recently i recall, although that often doesn't come to fruition at senior level. Limerick are such a trap bet also, killed my Wexford/Kildare double last weekend. You would think they should know Kerry well, but at once stage in their first match, Kerry were going through one on one every five minutes but opting for points, could have scored a hatful of goals. Quarter finals and Croke park is new ground for this limerick team, they have run Cork & Kerry very close in recent years but i just fear by getting trapped by such a tempting large spread. Banker GAA Bet this weekend would be Cork ht/ft 1-2. I do not rate Mayo at all this year. Both games i've seem them live they have been very ordinary. On reports, how they escaped Ruislip with a win, by all accounts is a miracle. They are stepping up several levels now to play Cork in Croker, and only severe complacency here on the part of the rebels will see anything but a convincing win. Here starts the rant!!:p Of the remaining match I still continue to be impressed with Mcgeeney's Kildare, bounced back well from an unfortunate Leinster final defeat. While some may consider it hypocritical from an Armagh man, we never employed the defensive structure currently in situe from McGuiness' men. We had a 7, incorporating a sweeper and a crux of quality forwards in our pomp in McConville, Marsden, McDonnell and Clarke, supplemented with quality spine and expert long range point takers in McEntees. We were not an overally athletic team, but very strong in the tackle and played to our strengths. This Donegal team will retreat in mass behind the ball leaving a teams full back and half back line virtually free on the ball, relying heavily on McFadden, McHugh and Murphy to score just enough to cover what little they give the opposition. Fair play it won an Ulster Champ and league promotion, but is it the worst brand of GAA currently on offer and can only go so far. I will hold my hands up & gladly admit I am wrong if Donegal implement the same game plan and beat Kildare, but we are at the serious end of the season now, and I think Kildare, have a more fluent and effective version of what Donegal are trying to do and have been at this stage a few more times now, that I cannot see anything but a Kildare win, albeit it may very hard fought, as this Donegal team seem very together & believe thoroughly in their game plan, should prove a hard nut to crack!! Another great bet is Kerry Limerick over 1.5 goals, Kingdom should cover this themsleves but Limerick have shown the ability to get goals, and against Kerry as well as other opponents to date. To summarise all bets with PP and as follows: Cork HT/FT 1-2 9/10 Over 1.5 goals Kerry Limerick 4-9 9/10 Kildare win 8-13 8/10 Tyrone alt handicap -2 4-9 6/10 Good luck all, GAA has great potential for profit, need more punters up here lads!!:cow

• 1 month later...

Re: Gaelic Games DUB v DL M McHugh to not score; 5/4 with PP Forward in number only, will be back sweeping from the throw-in, and as i expect DL to b under the kosh, he'll have plenty back there to be keeping him occupied... Also, if/when he does venture forward, the muscular DUB defence will be waiting, and they should gobble him up comfortably enough...

Re: Gaelic Games DUB v DL Also going to give P Flynn to score over 1.5pts a spin; 7/4 with PP Always good for a pt at least, but with DL falling back into defence, he will find himself further forward than usual. Has a long range point threat, is not a converted half back like B Cullen + he has a hard running threat that does see him get get into 1 on 1 situations (he does tend to punch those over though).

Re: Gaelic Games Qt wknd football wise... But am giving Clontibtet in the Mon SFC & the Mon Ladies a go in an EVS double with PP. Clontibret are the reigning champs & should be ultra focused now that its straight knockout. Tommy Freeman is a massive miss to their opponents & whilst they are coming off 2 Championships wins, they were v the 2 weakest teams in Senior. The Mon Ladies are a quality outfit & will have too much for the queens of the Kingdom...

Qt wknd football wise... But am giving Clontibtet in the Mon SFC & the Mon Ladies a go in an EVS double with PP. Clontibret are the reigning champs & should be ultra focused now that its straight knockout. Tommy Freeman is a massive miss to their opponents & whilst they are coming off 2 Championships wins, they were v the 2 weakest teams in Senior. The Mon Ladies are a quality outfit & will have too much for the queens of the Kingdom...
No good; Clontibret downed by a goal, poor year for them... :puke

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Gaelic Games Cavan SFC Final... PP now offering handicaps; Cavan Gaels are 11/10 -6pts. I watched their opponents, Castlerahan, in their Semi. Straight up; they wouldn't be here only for a mad 5mins just before ht; they took out Belturbet's best player (who had to go off) and then almost immediately after, BT's centre forward gets the line for stamping. They have very little to get worried about up front bar Co player C Mackey, and the Gaels can bottle him up. The Gaels are bubblin' up after a slow start to the season. Complacency won't be an issue after last years flop and CN just don't have the players at the back to contain them. 7pts is a big ask in a Co Final, but i'm happy enough to take a 1pt bet spin...