** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Gaelic Games

Re: Gaelic Games

Guys' date=' what u think about the dublin/armagh game? Can't believe the odds paddy power have up: Dublin 8/13 & Armagh 13/8 and Armagh +2pts is 4/5. This seems ridiculous to me. This is the worst dublin side for a long long time. As i'm writing i've taken armagh @ 13/8.[/quote'] Can't for the life of me see how Armagh are 13/8. Dubs were awful against Tipp, Meath and Wexford this year. Looks like a team very low on confidence. But to have them as fav is way wrong imo. Also anyone know anything about how Roscommon are doing. Sligo are 2/7 on. Are Roscommon that bad.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a serious note though i backed cork yesterday -3pts but backed them in play @ bet365 +5pts at evens when they were 0-11 - 0-8 down. I've never backed in play before on a gaa match but thought i'd take a look and see what the odds were. May be worth having a look at this site for some good in play bets.
Pakelly are you serious that you actually got Cork +5 at that stage of the match, if this is true I will be doing all my in play betting with BEet365 in future.

Pakelly are you serious that you actually got Cork +5 at that stage of the match' date=' if this is true I will be doing all my in play betting with BEet365 in future.[/quote'] Yes bomberman, i'm 100% serious. +5pts @ evens when they were 0-11 0-08 down. I had cork -3pts at the start so wanted to try and cover some of my losses as it didn't look like they would cover the handicap.

Re: Gaelic Games :nana Two exciting games to look forward to this saturday! Agree with the armagh pick @ 13/8, definitly represents the value here with the way dublin have been playing. Although Armagh did'nt impress me last week too much either I think this is a coin toss and 13/8 has to be taken with a little saver on the draw. Felt a little let down by Cork last weekend as they really didnt reach the heights of their tipperary win. I still feel Cork are much the better side though and as long as the referee calls it fairly I hope to recoup my loss from last weekend. Were even getting an extra point on the handicap so again this week my pick has to be Cork - 2 @ 11/10 with pp. Good luck lads, hopefully wel be :beer with these picks!

Re: Gaelic Games Couple of decent games on Sunday too, not least the USFF which iv already posted on (see above) which im standing by Monaghan (6/5 now though). although i would'nt be at all surprised if this went to replay either so have a saver on the draw. The other game that interests me is Tipperary v Offaly in the hurling qualifier. Now tipperary completely imploded v Cork and theres no way that this result can be taken at face value. Tipp still have a team capable of pushing for an all - ireland and no doubt they will be out to restore some pride. Problem is their coming up against an improving Offaly who will have a spring in their step after disposing of Limerick last weekend. Offaly pushed Galway close forcing a draw and on that result I don't see why they cant push Tipperary. Tipp hav'nt got the greatest record v Leinster teams in the championship and I dont see tipperary running away with this. So my selection is Offaly +6 points @ 6/5 with pp.

Re: Gaelic Games Todays Acc bet is Down -1, Derry, Dublin, Cork -2. Works out at 10.50 with PP. Down are a good side (Div 1 next year) and should have too much firepower for an average at best Awfully team ;) They can cover -1 with ease. Derry have a tough game, but the Celtic Park advantage should see them home in a tight affair. Dublin at home, with everyone writing them off? Don't see where all the optimism for Armagh is coming from; they're still a team in transition. Dublin can do this, and may win by a few points. Cork should hav got the job done last week, and we've got a point back on the handicap today. I can't see them not covering it. 2pt bet.

Todays Acc bet is Down -1' date=' Derry, Dublin, Cork -2. Works out at [b']10.50 with PP. Down are a good side (Div 1 next year) and should have too much firepower for an average at best Awfully team ;) They can cover -1 with ease. Derry have a tough game, but the Celtic Park advantage should see them home in a tight affair. Dublin at home, with everyone writing them off? Don't see where all the optimism for Armagh is coming from; they're still a team in transition. Dublin can do this, and may win by a few points. Cork should hav got the job done last week, and we've got a point back on the handicap today. I can't see them not covering it. 2pt bet.
Good luck with those lad. I think the dublin/armagh game is 50/50 and i'll take 13/8 on a toss of a coin anyday. Agree with you on cork. They played poorly last week and can only play better today whereas i think waterford played as well as they can do last week.

Good luck with those lad. I think the dublin/armagh game is 50/50 and i'll take 13/8 on a toss of a coin anyday. Agree with you on cork. They played poorly last week and can only play better today whereas i think waterford played as well as they can do last week.
Having had a bit of a debate with my bro there (who's playing in one of the big games tmw :clap) and whilst Dublin have been poor, in Croker v a new Armagh team, they should really be winning. Armagh were v poor in beating a totally pants Fermanagh last w/e. As you said, it could well be a coin toss job. Might lump on Cork -2 later; i think its print money tbh.

Re: Gaelic Games Lads agree with an awful lot of what has been said today. Few selections and observations from myself. Down -3.5 @ 1.98 with Betfair. Down should win by 5+. Beat Offaly last year by 15+ points in Tullamore and the side has some welcome new additions, most notable Marty Clarke who came to the top last weekend with a man of the match performance and 1-5. As a Down man, Id be incredibly dissapointed not to come home tonight with a win. Armagh @2.54 with Betfair. Armagh beat Down earlier this year and they rose to the Croke Park occasion, they've played there before and it really isn't an issue for them. Dublin have been brutal, I backed them last week and wasnt confident. I was at the Meath game and their defence is appaling, 4 goals came from mistakes from the full back line. With Stevie Mac lurking I full expect Armagh to come away with a win. Kildare @2.28 with Betfair. Derry have been indifferent this year, some good and some bad. They've offloaded paddy Bradley which I think could be good for the team, but with Eoin still on the side they will loose a lot of ball going forward due to his greed. I expected them to exit in Mullingar last week, wouldnt be surprised if the succumed to Kildare this week. Another team who I have seen live this year the played out a superb game with my team, Down, with Down coming out on top after a real gutsy performance. Geezer is under pressure and his Northern knowledge should give his side the edge over the Ulster side. Im not much of a Hurling man, but watching Cork last week I fully expect them to get on top this weekend. 1.81 with Betfair is worth a large punt. Best of Luck lads.

Re: Gaelic Games First bet of today- Eoin Bradley Over 3.5pts in the Derry v Kildare game 5/6 with Lads. Kildare don't have the greatest defence in the world and since the departure of his brother Paddy Eoin is now expected to shoulder the burden of Derrys scoring power and he will surely cover a 4point spread especially at home in Celtic Park.

Re: Gaelic Games Sunk not long after setting sail!!! :\ Got my 2pts back on Cluxton scoring there tho!! 7/4 with PP :) Any ones game here Dub v Armagh. Expect Dublin to shade it now though. Gona double up on Down and Cork in a handicap bet i think. Lazy Saturday and the devil is finding work for my idle hands.

Re: Gaelic Games Lost a few quid on armagh @ 13/8 but got it back and then some backing dublin over 13pts and to win @ evens. Haven't had a bet on cork/waterford. Will see if anything appeals in-play. Nice bet on cluxton. :clap Had a look at that myself but didn't commit. :cry

Cork are being so wasteful it really is :wall . Shocking game of hurling but some dogged defending by waterford. Just hope cork get their act together in the second half.
Just took cork +3 @ evens. No way they lose this game by 3 pts. Also took waterford to score 15 or more pts @ 5/6.

All-Ireland SFC, fourth-round qualifiers: Saturday, July 24: Monaghan v Kildare, Croke Park, 3pm (live RTE TV) Dublin v Louth, Croke Park, 5pm (live TV3) Limerick v Cork, Gaelic Grounds, 7pm (live RTE) Down v Sligo, Kingspan Breffni Park, 7pm (All games extra-time if necessary) All-Ireland SHC, quarter-finals: Sunday, July 25: Antrim v Cork, Croke Park, 2pm (live RTE TV) Galway v Tipperary, Croke Park, 4pm (live RTE TV) (All games extra-time if necessary)

Officially the worst weekend ever for me betting on GAA. Couldnt call a result. Back to the drawing board for this weekend. :\
Poor w/e for me too; bit off a bit more than i could chew with my Acc. Cluxton's 45 got me a chunk of my stake back tho. As for this w/e's games, i wont back against my own, but Kildare could well be print money against a devastated and weakened Monaghan. Captain Vinne Corey wont make it back, and the Full back and Goalie are big doubts. Kildare are on a roll, and its hard to see our boys lifting it after only a 6 day turn around.

Re: Gaelic Games Conor McManus over 2.5 pts; 5pt bet @ 10/11 with PP. Conor had a mare v Tyrone, but hes a class act and will be mad keen to show everyone that it was just a blip. Hes the right footed free taker and is always a decent goalscorer bet. I think 2.5 is too low for a player of his calibare with so much to prove on the day. Unlike Tyrone, Kildare have no household name defenders. Frees alone could cover this. Co'mon Monaghan!!