** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Gaelic Games

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Gaelic Games

Conor McManus over 2.5 pts; 5pt bet @ 10/11 with PP. Conor had a mare v Tyrone, but hes a class act and will be mad keen to show everyone that it was just a blip. Hes the right footed free taker and is always a decent goalscorer bet. I think 2.5 is too low for a player of his calibare with so much to prove on the day. Unlike Tyrone, Kildare have no household name defenders. Frees alone could cover this. Co'mon Monaghan!!
Followed you this one lad. I think the bookies have over reacted to what happened last weekend. :hope

Re: Gaelic Games Put 3 bets on at half-time: Kildare to win @ 8/13 Kildare -1 @ 10/11 Kildare -2 @ 8/5 Kildare ahead by 1 pt at half time and are getting alot of posession in midfield. Doyle having a nightmare at the momemt but surely will improve in 2nd half. I think if kildare get a few pts ahead early in 2nd half then monaghan's heads will drop.

Put 3 bets on at half-time: Kildare to win @ 8/13 Kildare -1 @ 10/11 Kildare -2 @ 8/5 Kildare ahead by 1 pt at half time and are getting alot of posession in midfield. Doyle having a nightmare at the momemt but surely will improve in 2nd half. I think if kildare get a few pts ahead early in 2nd half then monaghan's heads will drop.
Great call, should have been more, really hope Kildare gets Ros in the quarter final.

Put 3 bets on at half-time: Kildare to win @ 8/13 Kildare -1 @ 10/11 Kildare -2 @ 8/5 Kildare ahead by 1 pt at half time and are getting alot of posession in midfield. Doyle having a nightmare at the momemt but surely will improve in 2nd half. I think if kildare get a few pts ahead early in 2nd half then monaghan's heads will drop.
Win Win Win :beer

Nice bets pa' date=' took kildare half time myself. Still debating what to do in the Dublin Game.[/quote'] Thanks lad. I want to see how louth react to the manner of the meath defeat before i'd put a bet on it. Hopefully something good in-play appears.

Re: Gaelic Games Iv decided to go with Limerick on the handicap. Wasn't much between the sides last year and there seems to be a large Limerick support heading out over the Shannon bridge. Might get the wind in their sails and keep it close. All depends on the start though. Limerick + 4 @ EVS:hope

Re: Gaelic Games Iv decided to go with a double tomorrow. Cork -9 @ EVS Risky, but im Gonna give these ****ers that have cost me a fortune the last two weeks another chance. A few injuries weaken cork, but i think they should still dispose of Antrhim by 12-14 points. Antrim have surprised a few people the last few weeks but at croke park i see Cork covering the handicap. They beat Tipp by seven so i cant see why they shouldnt beat Antrim by more. There is also a little bad blood between the sides because of the antrim manager and Cork would enjoy giving them a good hammering, i dont see cork easing up at any stage with so many questions to answer. Galway to beat Tipp @ 7/4 Galway have a full strength team tomorrow as they welcome back 4 players. At the prices i see Galway as the value pick, as i see this as another coin toss. Either team could run out winners by 4-5 points. For extra insurance maybe Galway +2 @ EVS maybe a better option (could very well end up a draw) but im willing to take the risk on Galway returning to their best form. They certainly are much better than they have shown so far this year.

Iv decided to go with Limerick on the handicap. Wasn't much between the sides last year and there seems to be a large Limerick support heading out over the Shannon bridge. Might get the wind in their sails and keep it close. All depends on the start though. Limerick + 4 @ EVS:hope
Good call puntboy :clap

Re: Gaelic Games Cheers pa, looking for feedback on my picks today, what you reckon? Risky enough but im sure one of them will come off so an even stakes singles would guarantee no loss.... needed a result after last weekend. Hate putting up tips that lose!

Cheers pa' date=' looking for feedback on my picks today, what you reckon? Risky enough but im sure one of them will come off so an even stakes singles would guarantee no loss.... needed a result after last weekend. Hate putting up tips that lose![/quote'] It happens to us all lad. I think the tipp/galway match is gonna be a tight one. I think galway could shade it but i wouldn't be brave enough to put money(although 7/4 is good odds) on it to be honest. I think your right in backing it up with -2 though. As for cork lad, well i've done better backing their games in play so i'll see if anything presents itself. They should demolish antrim. We(carlow) came close to beating antrim in the qualifiers and although we are improving we are still no great shakes. I can see a scoreline here of about 1-23 to 0-15. Cork really pi**ed me off in that 1st game with waterford and i'm really wary of backing them before throw in. If i do back them i'll post it here.

Been humming and hauhing on some bets for the 1st quarter final. Going to go with 2 small stake bets: A. O'Hailpin over 2.5 pts @ evens paddy power B. O'Connor over 8.5 pts @ 6/5 paddy power Good luck all :hope
Half time and i think the ben o'connor bet is dead but i fancy o'hailpin to get a goal in the 2nd half. Took cork over 28pts in play @ 5/6 bet 365. This line is now over 32.5 so pretty confident of it coming in.

Yeah few more goals would be nice pa. An 8 point lead at half time not looking too bad for me now. hopefully the northern heads drop now and we cork bang in a few.
I can see a few more goals for cork in the 2nd half. Your bet is looking good puntboy.

You bet with paddy power pa? Bruree are 11/4 to beat murroe tonight in Limerick Championship. Murroe are practically through and i think bruree are more of a 2/1 - 15/8 shot. Might be worth a bet. We should turn this into a private thread this weekend!
i bet with paddy power and bet365. Suprised no-one else posting here this weekend.