** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

International Friendlies > 2010

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May

just wanted to say bye guys unless Portugal score' date=' cos ive put all the money i own on Portugal just to get some free cash. Well bugger me sideways thats my life over :([/quote'] Seriously? Thats pretty ******* reckless!

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May they are the two strikers i know from the south africa team, together with makoena and pienar, the rest for me are unknown players lol thanks for your info bud, hope they will score soon

just wanted to say bye guys unless Portugal score' date=' cos ive put all the money i own on Portugal just to get some free cash. Well bugger me sideways thats my life over :([/quote'] I seriously pray to God that you're joking Paul. I know it's no use saying this AFTER the match has finished but how can you possibly comprehend even taking 1.04-1.07 for a friendly match? I hope you haven't lumped your savings fella :hope

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May i don't know how they played in the first half but this performance in the second half was pathetic... there's no way they will be able to get something out of the games with uruguay mexico or france...they are very weak... :wall:wall:wall:wall:wall ofcourse i'm talking about south africa

just wanted to say bye guys unless Portugal score' date=' cos ive put all the money i own on Portugal just to get some free cash. Well bugger me sideways thats my life over :([/quote'] There was a dude, earlier this year, that put all the money he had for university, £4400, on a team to win a match, at odds of 1.01, when they were 4-0 up, and they drew 4-4. Hopefully your loss is less substantial, mate. Don't go doing anything silly; at the end of the day it's just money. Gotta admit I had £100 on Argentina DNB for a £3.30 return :lol Swerved Portugal, but even then I would of only played a DNB/Lay of Cape Verde. That type of bet always offers abit of a safety net in case of insane results like Portugal's, but even then you have to be smart about the ones you pick.

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May portugal are decent defensively but had scoring problem for a while now. i wouldn't rely on them with all my money, they only just scrapped through the qualifying and play offs last year. in my opinion they didn't deserve to be in world cup and you always have to question the motivations of the coach in the preparation for the world cup. a lot of changes and experimenting are always on the agenda. bad luck for you i hope you learned something out of it. i always play with caution against team i've never heard or know much about because they tend to surprise

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May Layed England @ 1.53 Layed Argentina @ 1.15 Layed Portugal @ 1.10 Small profit there for me, I don't stake very much on Friendlies, very unpredictable. I was fairly confident though that atleast one of them teams would fcuk up which brought a profit. I don't take much joy from it when I hear people lose their pot on a game like that, but I've lost and done the same in the past and lost a fortune on crap odds games and it's the worst feeling. Learning the hard way. You just have to accept it, learn from it and get over it.

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May Concerning tomorrow, nice odds on Armenia, though those Uzbeqs seem to know how to keep the game down, they neither score nor concede, their lat two friendlies were 0-0. Under ?

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May Jesus, that Portugal score is frightening, and a real lesson there's no such thing as a dead cert... Got 500 or so in my Betdaq account, so tempting when you see Portugal at 1.11, which they were earlier, to stick the lot on, thinking, 'Oh, an easy £55, just top the account up a bit...' Especially in these difficult times. I'm sure we've all done it. Thankfully I thought about it for about five seconds and thought, 'nahhh'. Definitely dodged a bullet there, but I fear others weren't so lucky. Feel for you Paul.

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May Had the England and Argentina games on and it was very apparent, particuarly in the first half, how much more desire Argentina had to win the ball back and press the opposition, sure England were a bit better at it in the second half but isnt the whole point of these friendlies to play opposition similar in style to ones we will face in the WC? Surely Capello would have an idea of how Mexico play before we face them last night!? Might sound harsh but we lost 45minutes because of his poor preperation imo..should have started the way we set up in the second half..once again proved that the only way we are likely to beat better sides is with set pieces and the aerial ability of Crouch and others, we dont really seem to have the technical ability to play through sides unless its late on in the game and we are hitting them on the break.. Argentina looked really good, they were playing inferior opposition granted but looked very sharp, would be interested to see them against a better side, Gutierrez could be a very dangerous player for them..basically playing a winger at full back which is obviously great against weak sides, not sure if they could play that system against better sides though..Di Maria scored an awesome third and looked good, be interesting to see where he ends up.. Just a few thoughts..;)

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May Concerning other todays games, it seems quite pessimistic for betting. Ukraine-Lithuania is a game where I see some value in away, Lithuania have not been bad recently, and the did manage to win once in Ukraine (1994 I think) so in an unimportant game it can happen again. Georgia - Cameroon, played in Austria I think, should be Cameroon win, what i dislike here is that Georgians play quite an entertaining football, with lot of scores on both sides, so it may be interesting to see how relatively defensive Cameroonians can cope with an open team. Thats why I dont like this bet. Nigeria should win the match in London against Saudi Arabia ? Or not ? Well, at those odds no bet on Nigeria is for sure, might be a boring draw. Greece - N. Korea. I avoid bets on NK games, I know nothing about them, I see they are masters of killing games, most of the results are 1-0 or 0-1 Montenegro -Albania. Montenegro has become quite a fortress where guests have tended to lose recently quite regularly, but as Albanians are very keen on playing with full throttle when playing friendlies, another one to avoid. Ireland-Paraguay. There can be no more than one goal in this match. It is just a question who will score it, if anyone. An ellegant HT/FT X/1 and X/2 might do the job

Had the England and Argentina games on and it was very apparent' date=' particuarly in the first half, how much more desire Argentina had to win the ball back and press the opposition, sure England were a bit better at it in the second half but isnt the whole point of these friendlies to play opposition similar in style to ones we will face in the WC? Surely Capello would have an idea of how Mexico play before we face them last night!? Might sound harsh but we lost 45minutes because of his poor preperation imo..should have started the way we set up in the second half..once again proved that the only way we are likely to beat better sides is with set pieces and the aerial ability of Crouch and others, we dont really seem to have the technical ability to play through sides unless its late on in the game and we are hitting them on the break.[/quote'] I think if you beat a side that is clearly competent, like Mexico, when using an experimental team, that's a very positive sign. Friendly's are pretty meaningless anyway. They must be if Argentia are winning games.

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May Greece v North Korea Greece come into this match with a few players carrying niggling knocks, Torosidis, Patsatzoglou and Charisteas. The match comes just days after several domestic players finally joined up with the national team as a delayed domestic campaign forced national team staff to delay the start of the side's training camp in Bad Ragaz, Switzerland. The Greeks last match was a disastrous 2 nil loss at home to Senegal in March and they haven't had much time together since they joined up recently. Whilst the North Koreans have had plenty of preparation and this will be their 3rd game in just over a month. They played South Africa and obtained a 0 v 0 draw and then Paraguay eventually losing to an 85th minute penalty from Santa Cruz. Both teams have found it hard to score recently with both only managing to score 1 goal in their last 3 games. I believe the North Koreans can get something here from a very ill prepared Greek side! Predictions: North Korea Win (or draw no bet) @4.50 Paddypower **** Under 1.5 Goals @2.88 Paddypower *** :ok

Greece v North Korea Greece come into this match with a few players carrying niggling knocks, Torosidis, Patsatzoglou and Charisteas. The match comes just days after several domestic players finally joined up with the national team as a delayed domestic campaign forced national team staff to delay the start of the side's training camp in Bad Ragaz, Switzerland. The Greeks last match was a disastrous 2 nil loss at home to Senegal in March and they haven't had much time together since they joined up recently. Whilst the North Koreans have had plenty of preparation and this will be their 3rd game in just over a month. They played South Africa and obtained a 0 v 0 draw and then Paraguay eventually losing to an 85th minute penalty from Santa Cruz. Both teams have found it hard to score recently with both only managing to score 1 goal in their last 3 games. I believe the North Koreans can get something here from a very ill prepared Greek side! Predictions: North Korea Win (or draw no bet) @4.50 Paddypower **** Under 1.5 Goals @2.88 Paddypower *** :ok
I'll be following that unders bet, which is available at 3.0 at bet1128!

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May I think the under 1.5 goals in the Greece game looks a really good bet... I might take Under 2 goals instead though at evens, just so I have a little bit of cover in case this ends up 1-1 or 2-0... Great pick though.

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May Hi rydogg 1 V 1 or 2 v 0 is 2 goals! If it ends up any of those scorelines your bet will be lost! I think you may mean under 2.5 goals? :unsure which is a far worse price!

I think the under 1.5 goals in the Greece game looks a really good bet... I might take Under 2 goals instead though at evens' date=' just so I have a little bit of cover in case this ends up 1-1 or 2-0... Great pick though.[/quote']