** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Picks from basket

Re: Picks from basket

cibona looking good very very good tips in this thread' date='i took em to win first quarter +1.5 easy money,gl on yours fizruhas.[/quote'] It's so disapointing that Cibona didn't won it, they played very well, especialy in the first half, but have done to many mistakes in the second, and the team like Caja Laboral carried it all the way. despite lose my pick went through, Gordon played very solid basketball i was thinking to bet on Over on him, but eh :wall i'll keep an eye on him, what will be the pts margin to go over when they next week travel to Pireaus, oh that will be tough one, because Reds looking very seriaously this year and i see a bet on olimpiakos , but how much it would be ? 14? 17?

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok after being succesful with my picks recently by doing some research I am going to try and make some profit on the euro basketball. three for tomorrow. 7pts on Real Madrid (+0) to beat Maccabi Electra @ 20/21 on bet365. Real Madrid are the better side here and IMO there is definite value here. They have only lost one in their last ten and are undefeated in their last four, including beating Panathinaikos away. Maccabi only have only one win out of their last five, losing to very averages teams in the process. Real Madrid should win this away. :wall 5pts on Caja Laboral (-4.5points) to beat Cibona @ 10/11 on bet365 Caja narrowly lost to Olympiacos and will want be full of confidence to get back to winning ways. Before that they only lost one out of their last five and that was a 84-83 defeat away to cska. Cibona have lost 6 out of their last 8 (shows their quality)Caja are a superior side to cibona and should be victorious is this encounter by more than 5 points. :wall 5pts on Maroussi (+9.5points) to beat Pananthinaikos @ 20/21 on bet365 Maroussi lost by only 10 points away to Barcelona, the best side in the league. Why cant they beat the handicap at home against a less superior side? Pananthinaikos lost last week to Partizan and there are question marks about their attacking force. Pananthinaikos have managed to beat this handicap only once all season playing away and that was winning by exactly 10 points. Maroussi, despite a slow start, are enjoying some fine form and have not lost at home in their last couple of games. Therefore I am not afraid in backing the home side here. :D :hope
close with both loses. -7.23pts

I'm going to go with maximum stakes on the Maroussi handicap now as the more I look into it the more I this bet. 5pts on Maroussi (+11.5points) to beat Pananthinaikos @ 5/6 on ladbrokes As Iv said before, Pananthinaikos has not managed to cover this line away from home all season and hence I cannot see them covering this against a top 16 side. My reasoning is in the previous post. I hope for a successful start :D
Glad this bet came through as I did have 10pts on it. Overall profit -3.06. Hope to make some profit from this

Glad this bet came through as I did have 10pts on it. Overall profit -3.06. Hope to make some profit from this
yeah this one was a good bet for sure :clap i really didn't wanted to go on the one or other handy. Maroussi playing very well at the moment, but PAO is PAO and they can go on top every game, so i left this one behind my deck :) but you tooks it nicely, Marousi played solid basketball and proved that they are not mugs! the last min was three points contest :D This win gave PAO almost the same situation that they were 2 or 3 years ago i'm not exactly sure which year it was, but they've lost first 3 games in top-16, and then won 3 in a row to steal the first place. but this is a kind interesting situation PAO comes to Barcelona from 2 losses, and Barca lost in very discussed game @ Pionir Arene, Belgrade. so this is a giants clash next week in Barcelona, and the way PAO playing i dont see them going toe-to-toe, even wining that game, especialy when you playin at Palau Blaugrana! Furthermore Partizan will go to the same arena they won the first game and they will try to steal the 1st place from Barca and Pao, wow what an increadible round we have next week :) will keep an eye on all of thouse games and try to pick a good one :dude

No advertising websites. Banned :eyes.
you could said that i don't have permision to advertising. but no, you prefered to give me ban instantly, no metter a have been helping a lot this 6 weeks. Anyway, i want to continue posting here, if you want to unbanned my original nick it will be fine. Until then, let;s see what we have today. Partizan vs Buducnost Partizan had a hard night on midweek, when they won in overtime against Barcelona. But if they want to advance to play-off in euroleague, they have to win in Athene agains Maoursi next midweek. So, today, in Adriatic League agains Buducnost i think the coach will rest his key players. This handicap is to big pick: Buducnost(+10,5) @1.85, bwin stake:10/10

you could said that i don't have permision to advertising. but no' date=' you prefered to give me ban instantly, no metter a have been helping a lot this 6 weeks. [/quote'] He was 100% correct to issue a straight ban. You posted up your email and IM numbers touting for business. This is totally against rules on PL. Now, rather than do what would normally be done in a situation like this...(You would have your second account banned also), Im going to give you a chance to prove if you are indeed serious about being a member or whether you are just simply playing goody goody until you can spam again. Here's the deal... I cannot unban the first account but I will leave this one open. HOWEVER both accounts will have their name changed for obvious reasons known to yourself. If you would like to change the name simply post in the Forum Help section on the main page. That said, best of luck with your tips but dont make me come back in here again ;)

Sport Euro Basketball
Event Cibona Zagreb (-18,5) - Bosna Sarajevo
Selection 1
Strength 10/10
Date 07/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 1.90 (Back)
Reasoning Usually i dont like back teams with such handicaps against them but Cibona is a team which doesnt show mercy too often this season, against weaker teams. And they are coming into this game after frustrating defeat at home in EL, to Caja Laboral where they had everything in their hands, in one moment their advantage rised to +17. Visitors are one of the weakest teams in the NLB league, and i don't expect them to fight too much today. They have few unfit players from best 5 so Cibona should again win with 20+. Bosna had bigger defeats this season against weaker teams than Cibona. Personally i wouldn't set this handicap for less than 24-25 points.

Re: Picks from basket 5pts on Montepaschi Siena (-23.5 points) to beat Scavolini Pesaro Siena are the top side in this league. In a rush so going to be v brief. They have beaten this spread 7 times out of 8 when they have played at home. They havnt lost a game all season and should comfortably beat Pesaro here

Re: Picks from basket Cashmaker here ;) So, for this midweek a have a VERY BIG PLAY! Barcelona - Panathinaikos Pao is 0-2 in top16 and they need to win here to hope for play-off. Pao is the reigning champions and this year they have a good roster to. This game will be a do or die mach, i expect the Greens to win here. Barcelona is one of the best teams in Europe, but now they face the champions. It will be a very tough mach! so.. my pick is Panathinaikos(+8,5) with a stake of 50 units! Let's cash it!:beer:beer

Cashmaker here ;) So, for this midweek a have a VERY BIG PLAY! Barcelona - Panathinaikos Pao is 0-2 in top16 and they need to win here to hope for play-off. Pao is the reigning champions and this year they have a good roster to. This game will be a do or die mach, i expect the Greens to win here. Barcelona is one of the best teams in Europe, but now they face the champions. It will be a very tough mach! so.. my pick is Panathinaikos(+8,5) with a stake of 50 units! Let's cash it!:beer:beer
Pao is superb team that reaches final 4 almost every year, they do have god rosters on the court, but this year they're struggling so much ... Barca coming home from a loss to Partizan so they'll be angry too! +8.5 on Pao looks pretty good, but i'm still be carefull because barca haven't lost this year at home + Pao latest form saying that you should be carefull. But ... like you mentioned Pao have good rosters and Zeljko probably will do everything to win in Barcelona, so the team like pao can beat everyone, despite they're bad form. Furthermore, if barca losses it they'll have 1-2 like pao! Barca knows that this is the key game for them, to put Pao away from a 1 or 2 place, very risky, but maybe i'll better take +8.5 pao like, but still don't know, waitting maybe for some information ...

Re: Picks from basket guys, i'll have to oppose you here. let's face it, PAO's numerous stars simply don't play like themselves. and as a team they look even worse, their offense is just so slow and dull. they just pound the ball for 20 seconds and then someone launches a contested shot with the shot clock winding down. no matter how good partizan's defense under vujosevic might be - 58 points in a home game is just unacceptable, even for much worse teams, and especially for a team that has saras, diamantidis, spanoulis, drew nicholas, pekovic, batiste...on the roster. i wouldn't know whose fault it is - but their offense is just terrible. barca is coming off the loss in belgrade, in a game that will be long remembered. but still - barca is the team that has undoubtedly shown the most so far in the season. simply put - if PAO couldn't turn it up against maroussi and partizan at their home arena - i don't think they'll do it at blaugrana. in fact, the 8.5 handicap looks very tempting right now. barca all the way for me.

guys, i'll have to oppose you here. let's face it, PAO's numerous stars simply don't play like themselves. and as a team they look even worse, their offense is just so slow and dull. they just pound the ball for 20 seconds and then someone launches a contested shot with the shot clock winding down. no matter how good partizan's defense under vujosevic might be - 58 points in a home game is just unacceptable, even for much worse teams, and especially for a team that has saras, diamantidis, spanoulis, drew nicholas, pekovic, batiste...on the roster. i wouldn't know whose fault it is - but their offense is just terrible. barca is coming off the loss in belgrade, in a game that will be long remembered. but still - barca is the team that has undoubtedly shown the most so far in the season. simply put - if PAO couldn't turn it up against maroussi and partizan at their home arena - i don't think they'll do it at blaugrana. in fact, the 8.5 handicap looks very tempting right now. barca all the way for me.
You are right that Pao didn't play the way they should be playing, and who's to blame? another interesting question. Barca is way out better than Pao right now but beeing all the way on barca with 1.28? wtf would you bet it on barca with this odd and against the pao? well, i wouldn't do that... to conclude, in owerall, my advice is to leave this one alone guys, because some crazy things happens in games like this would be ...

Re: Picks from basket Unicaja - Zalgiris I have some interesting info on this one. Zalgiris is on a very bad form. maybe not bad, but VERY BAD. Today all lithuanias newspapers and sites anounced that Zalgiris Bos V.Romanov (who owns football club Hearts too) fired R. Butautas from the head coaches... because of latest results. Lost to Perlas in LKL (Lithuanias basketball league), Perlas is the second team of Lietuvos Rytas! there playing young guns, and they were able to beat poor Zalgiris, after that they almost lost to Nevezis, the lithuanias LKL bottom team. there is some real problems in the club for sure and now Darius Maskoliunas will take the head coaches role and go to Malaga... Zalgiris won just 2 games on road in past 3 years (beat Ljublana and Ulker 3 weeks ago) i just can't see them wining there, of course odd 1.2 on malaga is very small to take it, and i'm very interesting on handy -11 on Malaga, but Malaga don't look too good either, but surely better than Zalgiris

Re: Picks from basket great to see a few more people posting picks in here since i last had a look i havent had much time to look at todays games and ive got to go to work in like 5 minutes so a quick post i had a look at Olympiakos against Cibona last night and the handicap was 19 points. i really expect Olympiakos to smash Cibona tonight i think they can cover those 19 points my pick is Olympiakos -19 10/11 Paddy Power Olympiakos beat Khimky by 18 points last game and in turn Khimky beat Cibona by 13 points. If Montepaschi Siena and Regal Barcelona could cover a 19 point deficit against Cibona then i fully expect Olympiakos to do so too good luck guys sorry for the quick post

Re: Picks from basket Unicaja - Zalgiris (+13.5) @bwin 1.85 Well after all discussions and analysis i decided to bet on Zalgiris +13.5 at bwin. We all know that both teams have some problems and like spains newspapers call this mach "The derby of crizis" after yesterdays my info that Zalgiris have lost to Perlas and Romanov fired Butautas i decided not to take today any game or even this one. But there is some value bet on Zalgiris +13.5. Malaga don't play good either than Zalgiris at the moment, last game lost to Prokom 50-70, they're strugling too, despite all thouse losses Zalgiris is capable to prove not only themselves but to the fans too that they can play and can play well. Yesterday i folowed the handy and it looked little bit to high 11.5, but today it raise 13.5 now at bwin ! it's not the best choice of all time, but like i said it's still value bet on +13.5 points. So let's hope that the derby of crizis will end the way i'm thinking to :ok :cheers

Unicaja - Zalgiris (+13.5) @bwin 1.85 :@ Well after all discussions and analysis i decided to bet on Zalgiris +13.5 at bwin. We all know that both teams have some problems and like spains newspapers call this mach "The derby of crizis" after yesterdays my info that Zalgiris have lost to Perlas and Romanov fired Butautas i decided not to take today any game or even this one. But there is some value bet on Zalgiris +13.5. Malaga don't play good either than Zalgiris at the moment, last game lost to Prokom 50-70, they're strugling too, despite all thouse losses Zalgiris is capable to prove not only themselves but to the fans too that they can play and can play well. Yesterday i folowed the handy and it looked little bit to high 11.5, but today it raise 13.5 now at bwin ! it's not the best choice of all time, but like i said it's still value bet on +13.5 points. So let's hope that the derby of crizis will end the way i'm thinking to :ok :cheers
Unfortunetly, but my pick was wrong damn.. :wall it looked very big to me, didn't saw the game, but first Quarter looks poor from Zalgiris 21-6 ... there is serious problems at this club, and i'm will keep an eye on theyr last 3 Euroleague's game, probably will be easy pick up for all the teams

Re: Picks from basket Montepaschi Siena - Real Madrid - Siena straight win - 1.65@bwin This is going to be a very hard game, but I think Siena will manage to nick it somehow on their homecourt. Real has brought in a lot of star power this season, along with Coach Messina, but they aren't really been looking THAT sharp as a team in games i watched. Siena looks much better as a cohezive unit, their roster is almost the same for like four years now and their home arena is pretty much a fortress. Also, along with IMO much better teamplay, Siena has got stars of their own with Terrell McIntyre who I rate as the best point guard in Euroleague for the past few years, Ksistof Lavrinovic, Henry Domercant, Benjamin Eze, Romain Sato and others. Home win for me, althought I certainly don't expect a blowout.

Re: Picks from basket Maccabi Tel Aviv - Efes Pilsen (-6.5) - Maccabi Tel Aviv 1.90@bwin I fancy Maccabi to beat this handicap today. They looked very, very good against Real Madrid last week, and I rate Real as a much better team than Efes. Efes blew Siena out last week at their home court, but playing at always tough Nokia Arena in Tel Aviv will be very different. Maccabi has a very deep roster, especially on the perimeter. I must specifically mention Chuck Eidson, he flews under the radar a bit since he was playing for slightly less "glamorous" team in Lietuvos Rytas for past few years, but I rate him as one of the best perimeter players in Euroleague, and he can legitimately play positions one, two and three. He just seemed to do it ALL for Maccabi last week, scoring in all possible ways, dishing assists, rebounding and playing good defense...name it, he does it. So my opinion is that Eidson, Anderson, Bluthenthal, Doron Perkins and others will make a difference for Maccabi on their home court. Maccabi will certainly try to force a faster paced game, and at their home court they manage to do it most of the time. So, with Efes also having great scorers of their own in Rakocevic, Nachbar, Chales Smith and other, overs are also a viable option here.

Today I like Partizan to cover +9 HC at home vs Barcelona. Barcelona is probably the #1 team in the league of course, but they won't have it easy in Pionir Hall, where Partizan are said to have "the best fans and loudest atmosphere" in all of Euroleague. Previous Euroleague game, Partizan were 14 point underdogs to Pao, and they won straight up. :cow
First post in this thread, and first winner. Partizan won outright by 1 point. Today, I will go with the Partizan boys again, they are HOT and ROLLING! Partizan +4 HC and small side bet on UNDER 145.5 :cow

First post in this thread, and first winner. Partizan won outright by 1 point. Today, I will go with the Partizan boys again, they are HOT and ROLLING! Partizan +4 HC and small side bet on UNDER 145.5 :cow
i have to agree with you about Partizan's form last meetings, they're really playing good basketball, despite all critics that said that this year Partizan will be way out of that team that was last year, but Vujosevic proves that he's one of the best coaches in Europe, and theese young guns fighting for every ball, they are hungry for wins so this is high motivation for them, furthermore that they have 2-0 in top 16. Marousi a team that all must respect too, they looked pretty good in barcelona, last week won important game vs Pao, last game in greek league won against Oly. so this team is really playing i think the best basketball this season. this will be a tough game for both sides, and i wont bet on either of todays game. but this one looks an under game too. gl all you guys :cheers

i have to agree with you about Partizan's form last meetings, they're really playing good basketball, despite all critics that said that this year Partizan will be way out of that team that was last year, but Vujosevic proves that he's one of the best coaches in Europe, and theese young guns fighting for every ball, they are hungry for wins so this is high motivation for them, furthermore that they have 2-0 in top 16. Marousi a team that all must respect too, they looked pretty good in barcelona, last week won important game vs Pao, last game in greek league won against Oly. so this team is really playing i think the best basketball this season. this will be a tough game for both sides, and i wont bet on either of todays game. but this one looks an under game too. gl all you guys :cheers
You're absolutely correct, we cannot doubt Maroussi, very nice team who has gotten some well-deserved wins against top teams. I just don't think they have what it takes to fend off a hot and streaking Partizan team. Under is probably the most safe bet, but I really like how Partizan has been playing lately, so I'll risk it. GL my friend!

Absolutely astonishing. Maroussi only scored 2 baskets in the 2nd quarter. That is f*cking bad!
as well as the unders i have partizan +4 but the way this games going you just couldnt say either way ffs. the inplay total of 114 is pretty tempting on the unders to.