** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Picks from basket

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Croatian A1 Basktball league 31-Jan KK Borik Puntamika - KK Zabok (+4,5) AH 2 @1,90 Stan James I can't see Borik as a favourite in this match, despite playing at home court. They are 1-5 in last 6, 0-3 in last 3, while Zabok is 5-1 in last 6. For Borik this is crucial game if they want to reach one of top 4 positions. Currently Zabok is 8-4, at fourth spot, Borik has 5-7 atm. Whats most important here is that Zabok has won their last 3 away games, at teams which are better of at least equal to Borik. Also i expect that home players wont handle the pressure well. Zabok has much more experience and they should make this game very hard for hosts. Braver punters might try with straight win, which is priced at 2,50. GL.

NLB Adriatic league, basketball, 31-Jan Hemofarm VrÅ¡ac - Helios Domžale (+14,5) AH 1 @1,94 Pinnacle Can't see anything else but a comfortable win for the hosts who are fighting for their final four position. Currently their are outside of top 4 but win todays win they would climb to 2nd spot. Anyway, Hemofarm is IMO right behind Partizan and Cibona qualitywise, they are very experienced team and im sure they wont underestimate weaker teams as they already lost to Cedevita and Radnički. Coach Lukajić is very careful regarding this match and he said that he wont tolerate any complaceny in the future. Visitors are having constantly problems with their roster, coach Trifunović can't count on some very important players for this match and because of the thick schedule he's unable to work on some tactical schemes. Helios are next to the bottom team, with 4-14 and only one away win. They also lost -25 to Hemofarm in their first meeting this season, on their own court.

Re: Picks from basket Barcelona v Gran Canaria Barcelona is one of the best defensive team from Europe and today i think they will hold Gran canaria on a range of 55-65 points. Gran canaria is a devensive team also, they are bad on offense. In the first meeting , gran canaria won 67-65. i expect less then 150 points today also pick: under 149,5 @1.85 sportingbet stake:8/10 Lagun Aro GBC v Cajasol

I don't think the host should be underdog here, beacause they are strong at home, they won here against Unicaja, Bilbao, Gran canaria and Estudiantes. Cajasol is a good team, but on away games they are not so strong. pick: Lagun aro(+2,5) @ 1.85 bet-at-home stake: 9/10 pick: Lagun Aro ML @ 2.21 pinnacle stake: 5/10

Re: Picks from basket

Barcelona v Gran Canaria pick: under 149,5 @1.85 sportingbet:wall stake:8/10 Lagun Aro GBC v Cajasol
pick: Lagun aro(+2,5) @ 1.85 bet-at-home:wall stake: 9/10 pick: Lagun Aro ML @ 2.21 pinnacle stake: 5/10
Bad day..:wall

Re: Picks from basket uptheirons, have merged your basketball threads into this one. It clutters up the forum if we have too many threads on the one sport so any basketball picks you have, stick them in this thread rather than opening up new ones :ok. cashmaker, unlucky today mate but cracking stuff overall. Keep it up :ok.

uptheirons, have merged your basketball threads into this one. It clutters up the forum if we have too many threads on the one sport so any basketball picks you have, stick them in this thread rather than opening up new ones :ok. .
Ok, mate. Didn't saw this thread, i'll post my euro-basket tips here in the future. :)

Thats a real shame. Nice profit and very knowledgable....wasted.... Is it one strike and out kev? or had he been warned? (I don't know how it works?)
Put his bets on here for 6 weeks and then advertised his tipping service mate. Advertising tipping services isn't allowed on PL and is an instant ban :ok.

Re: Picks from basket :welcome Zalgiris - CSKA (-6) @ORAKULAS 1.85! Zoran Planinic Over 7pts ORAKULAS 1.85! Hello everyone, well the handicaps are 6.5 and more in others, i found one of lithuanians bookmakers ofer -6 so i'll pick it up, but it doesn't change anything at all. Zalgiris started Top 16 with a huge blowup to Prokom (65:89), after that lost to Latvians in BBL league, while CSKA took very important win over andaluzians at home (86:78). so this probably will be do or die for zalgiris, because i can't imagine them wining in Malaga or even Moscow... for example (Zalgiris won the first game in Euroleague on road since 2008 in Ljubljana) that win was over Istambul you can remember that. Zalgiris team are very young and unexperienced, and overall despite thouse amazing fans in Kaunas it'll be very hard task to go and win today to very motivated CSKA, i'm not saying that Zalgiris isn't motivated, but today CSKA is way out better team that lithuanians right now! and the second pick for tonigh the same game is planinic to put over 7 pts, i remember when VTB game in Kaunas zalgiris won over cska vack in december planinic scored 28 pts, i remember VTB final four this year, when planinic scored 16 pts vs BC Khimki, and i remember when he scored also over in that leagues final , he just loves that Hall abnd i can't imagine him to score less than 7 pts... come one? is this 4 real? :D huge stakes on over planinic! gl guys everyone, and will follow this thread along :cheers

Re: Picks from basket Today I like Partizan to cover +9 HC at home vs Barcelona. Barcelona is probably the #1 team in the league of course, but they won't have it easy in Pionir Hall, where Partizan are said to have "the best fans and loudest atmosphere" in all of Euroleague. Previous Euroleague game, Partizan were 14 point underdogs to Pao, and they won straight up. :cow

Re: Picks from basket ok after being succesful with my picks recently by doing some research I am going to try and make some profit on the euro basketball. three for tomorrow. 7pts on Real Madrid (+0) to beat Maccabi Electra @ 20/21 on bet365. Real Madrid are the better side here and IMO there is definite value here. They have only lost one in their last ten and are undefeated in their last four, including beating Panathinaikos away. Maccabi only have only one win out of their last five, losing to very averages teams in the process. Real Madrid should win this away. 5pts on Caja Laboral (-4.5points) to beat Cibona @ 10/11 on bet365 Caja narrowly lost to Olympiacos and will want be full of confidence to get back to winning ways. Before that they only lost one out of their last five and that was a 84-83 defeat away to cska. Cibona have lost 6 out of their last 8 (shows their quality)Caja are a superior side to cibona and should be victorious is this encounter by more than 5 points. 5pts on Maroussi (+9.5points) to beat Pananthinaikos @ 20/21 on bet365 Maroussi lost by only 10 points away to Barcelona, the best side in the league. Why cant they beat the handicap at home against a less superior side? Pananthinaikos lost last week to Partizan and there are question marks about their attacking force. Pananthinaikos have managed to beat this handicap only once all season playing away and that was winning by exactly 10 points. Maroussi, despite a slow start, are enjoying some fine form and have not lost at home in their last couple of games. Therefore I am not afraid in backing the home side here. :hope

Re: Picks from basket I'm going to go with maximum stakes on the Maroussi handicap now as the more I look into it the more I this bet. 5pts on Maroussi (+11.5points) to beat Pananthinaikos @ 5/6 on ladbrokes As Iv said before, Pananthinaikos has not managed to cover this line away from home all season and hence I cannot see them covering this against a top 16 side. My reasoning is in the previous post. I hope for a successful start

:welcome Zalgiris - CSKA (-6) @ORAKULAS 1.85! Zoran Planinic Over 7pts ORAKULAS 1.85! Hello everyone, well the handicaps are 6.5 and more in others, i found one of lithuanians bookmakers ofer -6 so i'll pick it up, but it doesn't change anything at all. Zalgiris started Top 16 with a huge blowup to Prokom (65:89), after that lost to Latvians in BBL league, while CSKA took very important win over andaluzians at home (86:78). so this probably will be do or die for zalgiris, because i can't imagine them wining in Malaga or even Moscow... for example (Zalgiris won the first game in Euroleague on road since 2008 in Ljubljana) that win was over Istambul you can remember that. Zalgiris team are very young and unexperienced, and overall despite thouse amazing fans in Kaunas it'll be very hard task to go and win today to very motivated CSKA, i'm not saying that Zalgiris isn't motivated, but today CSKA is way out better team that lithuanians right now! and the second pick for tonigh the same game is planinic to put over 7 pts, i remember when VTB game in Kaunas zalgiris won over cska vack in december planinic scored 28 pts, i remember VTB final four this year, when planinic scored 16 pts vs BC Khimki, and i remember when he scored also over in that leagues final , he just loves that Hall abnd i can't imagine him to score less than 7 pts... come one? is this 4 real? :D huge stakes on over planinic! gl guys everyone, and will follow this thread along :cheers
well, it was a good day, despite CSKA deficit -15 in the first half, they prove that they are top of the top Euroleague's team ! :dude

Re: Picks from basket well, thing is, panathinaikos won't be playing away from home. maroussi and panathinaikos play in the same arena, OAKA. but regardless, that might not be a bad bet. pananthinaikos hasn't really shown stellar play lately, and maroussi is a more than decent team, without big stars, but they certainly have a good collective that has put up quite a few good performances against very strong teams this season. 11.5 is quite a big line, and although this is effectively a home game for the greens, they will most probably struggle to fill it. i will also follow you on caja laboral, they are a class or two above cibona, and i really fancy them to get the important away victory. cibona hasn't really got the players with class of splitter, taquan dean, teletovic, english, elijahu and others. the talent gap is just too big IMO, and cibona's home arena isn't really what it has once been to compensate for that. i'll stay away from maccabi - real game. if anything, i'll put something on overs since maccabi at home plays the very fast paced game, and real has got its own weapons for the run + gun game also. the question is, whether they will try to slow the game down or accept maccabi's style and try to beat them at their own style. i'll probably stay clear.

Re: Picks from basket Cibona (+5) - Caja Laboral 1.85 @ORAKULAS well, despite the Caja Laboral good form i decided to hury up and bet on Cibona handy +5! why?(i think the odds will drop on Cibona for sure now it's 2.7) Maybe Cibona isn't in form but they playing at home and still capable to go through, despite players haven't got payment for a half of the year. Players keeps theese problems to the BOS and wisely playing good, they in front in Adriaic league. It's probably bet against the Caja not on Cibona, because of Thiago missing up this game. Splitter was one of the five players - along with Carl English, Mirza Teletovic, Pau Ribas and Fernando San Emeterio – to take part in all their team’s Euroleague games so far this season. (acording to euroleague.net)! Stanko Barac is missing too. Cibona on the other hand have almost "full package" missing up just Rozic but have signed Samo Udrich, the american is back after strange rest in USA! so i'm going to bet on cibona handycap +5! gl :hope

Sport Euro Basketball
Event Cibona Zagreb - Caja Laboral
Selection 1
Strength 10/10
Date 04/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.25 (Back)
Reasoning Cibona just won their biggest rival, Zadar, in NLB league and that was at the same time first defeat of Zadar on their ground in the whole NLB season. Cibona also received some money few days ago, so salaries can be given to players. No injury problems for Perasović, only Rozic is out, but he's unavailable for longer time. Tomas is struggling with knee injury, but he will definetly play this very important game for Cibona. On the other hand Caja opened this group with home defeat to Oly so they need to win this game. Two important missings, Barać and Splitter. Cibona played a good game at Khimki in the last round but they lost in the end. They have no pressure on their backs unlike spanish team and i believe they are underestimated by the public in this match. Of course, Caja should be considered as favourites but Cibona can win it. All in all, 3,25 is too much. I would say that 2,60 would be fair price for the home win.

Any ideas on the over/under in the cibona/caja game?
the first thing that comes to my mind it's an Under game, but i don't bet on it at all. i like better to take handycaps, of course there can be a good under or over bet in basketball, but today i probably don't see it today, and theese kind ot things when you bet on your mind thinking or the way you like under or over is the first thing to minus :ok