** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Picks from basket

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Picks from basket Union Olimpija - Nymburk Selection Under 155.5 points Strength 10/10 Date 08/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.85 Very hard tempo for Union Olimpija,after exhausting match in Euroleague & a big clash just two days ago against Zagreb Union will now play another important cash against average Nymburk team which is showing really poor performance on the road,in 11 matches they are scoring 77 points per game and receiving 83.Here at his home ground Union is absolute favorite but I think that they will not rush in this match.I expect a little slower tempo in this match and the points under this line.

Re: Picks from basket Gran Canaria - Estudiantes Selection Over 145 points Strength 10/10 Date 09/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price Betsson @ 1.87 Gran Canaria on 10th to face Estudiantes just one place above.The host at home scoring 72 points per game and receiving 68.On the other side Estudiantes is a team that plays far better on the road,if we would take into account only their away games then Estudiantes will be the 4th ranked club in Spain ACB League.On the road they are scoring 69 points per game and receiving 72 but today a expect high tempo in this clash,both teams will hunt the victory,this match is gonna be a tough one full of fighting spirit at the end I expect points over this line.

Re: Picks from basket Partizan - Zadar Selection Under 153.5 points Strength 10/10 Date 09/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.97 Partizan is coming into this match from a unexpected defeat against Igokea.But at home they are a real killing beast 10 victories and only one lost game with stats of 80 scored points and only 63 received,so this is unbrkable fort and here they are absolute favourites.Zadar is on the botton of the league and now ist going to be damn hard to achive something from this match.I expect from Zadar very careful approach they will not rush thers no point to rush against Partizan at his home arena,also I think that this match is gonna be in slower tempo so I expect points under this line.

Re: Picks from basket Hemofarm - Igokea Selection Over 155.5 points Strength 10/10 Date 09/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.95 The hosts at 10th to face Igokea just one place above.The fact is that Hemofarm lost the balance in the game,also they have prety much fallen in the rankings scoring 78 points per game and receiving 80,at home arena their performance is not impressing,in 11 matches (7W 4L) that puts Hemofarm on 12th place on the league table based on (home stats) but today the team will be looking for victory although it wont be easy against Igokea which is coming moral-boosted by a impressive victory against Partizan.Both teams will chase the whole prey.I think this is gonna be a open match over this line of points.

Re: Picks from basket Igokea - Siroki Selection Over 153,5 points Strength 10/10 Date 12/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.95 10th Igokea team to face 12th Siroki,at home Igokea is playing way better then on the road,on the other side Siroki is the worst team based on away performance they have only one victory,scoring 70 points per game and receiving 86 but Siroki already proved that can play against better teams and for this match will be especially motivated in high performance lookinf for its good shape,they will certainly give their best to show what they got,they will aim for the victory.In this clash full of fighting spirit I believe that the match is gonna be over this line of points. Cibona - Buducnost Selection Over 152.5 points Strength 10/10 Date 12/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.95 I believe that this game is gonna be in high tempo,both teams are recently struggling with condition and form but today both have good chances to came out with the victory and both will aim for the whole prey.Cibona at 11th to face 5th Buducnost team,at home Cibona is scoring 78 and receiving 79 points per game on the other side Buducnost on the road scoring 70 and receiving 75 points per game.I will repeat that both teams will hunt the victory,this match is going to be in hight tempo with fast attacks and my choice is over this line of points.

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Picks from basket Avellino - Armani Milano Selection Over 155 points Strength 10/10 Date 03/04/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.95 Today Avellino team is going for its 5th victory in a row at his home ground and I need to say that this squad can play a wide variety of basketball,they have announced full pressure at the opponent and I believe that their attack will be on the level,on the other side Armani Milano is very quality team team temporary at third place in league and as for the away performance scoring 75 perd game and receiving 76.This match is very important for the both side,I think its gonna be a open match over this line of pints.

Re: Picks from basket Caja Laboral - Estudiantes Selection Under 152 points Strength 10/10 Date 03/04/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.95 Both teams had a very exhausting week,Caja Laboral was eliminated in Euroleague and Estudiantes was kicked off by Cedevita in Eurocup and now another big clash in Spain. I think that this tempo will bring marits to this bet,so expect a very cautious game from both sides. Neither of this teams will not rush in this game,I expect tough fight here and points under this line

Re: Picks from basket Cibona - Cedevita Selection Under 161.5 points Strength 10/10 Date 03/04/2011 Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 1.85 Croatian League Playoffs Temporary Cibona is the worst team in playoffs,2 defeats in a row with stats of 60 scored points per game and 83 received so very poor performance from Cibona,Zadar unknown or I should say outsider Borik managed to beat this Cibona,but on the other hand Cibona is a team that is always playing a lot better against better teams.And Cedevita is this season fantastic,this week they managed to achieve a historical placement in Eurocup kicking of Estudiantes in Madrid,they had very exhausting week,high tempo and I believe that the etam will not rush in this match,despite their full offensive style of game this match is so importants especially for Cibona.I expect here tough fight and points under this line.

• 2 months later...

Re: Picks from basket Union Olimpija - Krka Selection Over 136.5 points Strength 10/10 Date 09/06/2011 Bookmaker/Price 10bet @ 1.85 Reasoning These two teams are well know for their strenght and defensive stayle of game especially when they play against each other,also the real proof are these finals in any of these matches the points didint pass the number of 133.And now its the moment for the crucial match,this match will probably determine the destiny,Union has the lead of 2:1 and if they win here they will become the champions of Slovenia.Here the home team is a huge favorit but i expect a little more different game then before,not so tactiacal one not so defensive one.Krka did announced they they ahve nothing to lose and they will certainly rush forward.In these crucal game i expect point over this line.

Re: Picks from basket Galatasaray - Fenerbahce Selection Over 144.5 points Strength 10/10 Date 09/06/2011 Bookmaker/Price Betsson @ 1.85 Reasoning Fenerbahce has the lead od 2:0 they really showed full power and strength in these two matches but still there are two more games ahead us two more games at Galatas home ground so I think that now is the time for the home team to show what they got and they have plenty more to show.Galatasaray already proved that their performance is a lot better when they play in home arena judging by the lineups i can expect very high tempo,Galatasaray will rush here they must show the power and they are capable of doing a great atmosfhere.I think this will be over this line of points.

Re: Picks from basket Krka - Union Olimpija Selection Over 135,5 points Strength 10/10 Date 11/06/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.96 Reasoning Ok this is just the extension of the last post,so the full preview can be analized trough these two posts of Slovenian finals between Krka & Union Olimpija.The result is 2:2 and this is the last game that will determinate the champions,up till now in any of these matches the point didnt pass the line of 133,these two teams are well known for their defensive stayl of game but this is the last match the crucial one its going to be a intense fight definitely agressive one,that will bring the match in uncertain final what can be a good thing because of a lot throw ups,i expect a intense game under the basket and the points over this line.

• 3 months later...

Re: Picks from basket Maccabi Tel Aviv - Cibona Selection Under 161.5 points Strength 10/10 Date 06/10/2011 Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 1.85 NLB Adriatic league I need to say that here is a big difference in quality between these two teams. Maccabi started season earlier in Adriatic league 2 victories so far against Krka and Lasko,this is their third match in one weekand and we need to take this into account so i believe that they wont rush in this match.On the other side far lower opponent but they have pretty solid team,they reorganized the whole club and the squad so they will certainly try to prove what they got.Maccabi is huge favourite here but in my opinion this match is gonna be with more caution and Cibona will certainly tray to show their strength.Under this line of points.

Re: Picks from basket Radnicki Kragujevac vs Cibona Pick: 1 (a.h. -2.5) Radnicki Kragujevac should win the first match in Adriatic League against Cibona. They have a solid team and they are specially strong at home. Coach Nikolic stayed and that's a positive factor. Radnicki best player Lee left the team, but some other good player signed. Sinovec, Bircevic, Pavkovic, Lucic, Turkish Cankaya and Americans Moore and Saymon are the new players. It is clear Radnicki have a stronger team in comparison with the previous season. On other side Cibona was in deep problems last season. Most of them were financial problems. The best player Bogdanovic left the squad, just as Radosevic and Giricek. The start wasn't good. On the qualification tournament for Euroleague in Lithuania they were eliminated from Lietuvos Rytas with 71:88. In the first match of Adriatic League they were again defeated, from Maccabi Tel Aviv with 81:97. By the way, the match with Maccabi was just three days ago and I am sure the players are tired. At the end I will mention that Radnicki won the last two mutual matches played in Kragujevac. Here are the results: 19.02.2011. Radnicki Kragujevac vs. Cibona 89:79 17.03.2010. Radnicki Kragujevac vs. Cibona 72:64 I think Radnicki will win. And I expect to cover the handicap.

Re: Picks from basket

Event Cibona - Krka
Selection Under 154.5 points
Strength 10/10
Date 12/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 1.85
Reasoning Well so far in ABA League Cibona played two matches i would say two intensive matches one against Maccabi Tel Aviv and lost 97:81 and against Radnicki 94:98 to Cibopna tight victory in extra time.The showed improovement this year and they are playing good basketball.On the other side Krka played only one match and they also lost to Maccabi Tel Avi,showed pretty poor performance.It just seeams that Krka is not yet hot on the ground.This is gonna be very equal clash so i expect a hard match with tought fight and points under this line.

Re: Picks from basket Event Zagreb - Buducnost Selection Over 151.5 Strength 10/10 Date 15/10/2011 Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 1.85 Reasoning For this match my choice is to play over because these two teams are very equal for its quality and they both prefer to play offensive basketball.Zagreb has two defeats in a row Hemofarm and hard opponent Partizan when on the other side Buducnost has one defeat and a tigh victory aganist Crvena Zvezda.Zagreb will tray to bounce back on track so they will definetly try to push its tempo here.But this is gonna be a hard clash and i expect points over this line.

Re: Picks from basket Event Hemofarm - Helios Domzale Selection -9.5 Hemofarm (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 15/10/2011 Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 1.88 Reasoning Well Hemofarm is far better team than Helios Domzale they have way better players and quality in the swuad and i believe that at their home ground will pull out a easy victory.Helios Domzale is a new team in league,they have 2 defeats in a row Partizan and Siroki and they are not showing good performance.Hemofarm is a beast here, and after Zagreb they will be seeking for its 2nd victory in league.

Re: Picks from basket Event Unics Kazan - Siena Selection Under 149.5 Strength 10/10 Date 19/10/2011 Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 1.85 Reasoning Euroleague match 2011/2012. Well my choice for this match is to play under this line of points because this are two tough teams which like to play very hard basketball with defensive approach.Kazan is the champion of Euro Cup and they have a pretty good team here with 5 Americans players in squad they can be a serious opponent.Advanatge is of course on the Montepaschi side which are a grat team,5 consuctive champions of Italy with McCalleb on the top.They have the game,they game that is well coordinated.I expect a tough match here full of fighting spirit and points under this line.

Re: Picks from basket Event Asseco Prokom - Galatasaray Selection Over 148.5 points Strength 10/10 Date 19/10/2011 Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 1.90 Reasoning Euroleague has finally come in in Gdynia Galatasaray is a favourite here,Galatasaray has more experienced players,players like Jaka Lakovic, Jamon Gordon, Darius Songaila and Ender Arslan.Galatasaray faces its first Euroleague season ready to serve notice that it is anything but an average newcomer in Europes signature basketball competition. Asseco Prokom is a new team a very unpredictable team which will now be carried by its fantastic crowd.This is ideal momet for both to prove what they got.I expect a open game here,Prokom will definetly have problems to stop Lakovic and Gordon and they will run its offense through Oliver Lafayette, Brown and Gee.

• 2 weeks later...

Event Unics Kazan - Barcelona
Selection Under 148.5 points
Strength 10/10
Date 03/11/2011
Reasoning Well Barcelona is a huge favourite in this match,they have fantastic squad hard to break.On the other side a new team Unics Kazan who is not doing a good job,up till now they show a lot of weaknesses in their game,weaknesses that could be exposed and exploited by teams of higher quality.They are scoring very low and things in attack are not good i could say pretty slow movement.I believe the same thing its gonna be here exept that Barca wont rush so mutch in this game i also expect slow tempo in this match and the points under this line.

Event Fenerbahce - Nancy
Selection Under 150.5 points
Strength 10/10
Date 03/11/2011
Reasoning Well in this group A of Euroleague basketball Fener is the last ranked team.And the whole pressure is now on their side,they need a victory here.They lost to Olympiakos and Caja Laboral.On the other side Nancy is third with one victory so far they have a quality team and can be a threat to this vulnerable Fener which is not impressive.They will of course have the advantage of home court and Nancy is not so good at away.This match is gonna be intensive clash i believe with points under this line.

Event Cantu - Bilbao
Selection Over 146.5 points
Strength 10/10
Date 03/11/2011
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 1.90
Reasoning A clash between two new teams in Euroleague.Well Bilbao has a lot of experienced players like D'Or Fischer, Roger Grimau and Raul Lopez and they will certainly be a threat here.On the other side Cantu lost two games in a row and they will give their best to bounce beck on track.Bilbao for me is a better team but Cantu is a good team and they can play wide variety of basketball.Quite uncertain game but moth teams will rush for the victory.Its gonna be a quiet open game,points over this line.

Event Union Olimpija - Galatasaray
Selection Over 146.5 points
Strength 10/10
Date 09/11/2011
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.85
Reasoning In this group D of Euroleague basketball Union Olimpia will welocme Galatasaray.Union is on 5th and Galata on third place but they have equal number of pints.This is one of the crucial match for both and both will rush for victory here.Well Galata has two defeats in a row and the y will certainly try do do something on the road whille on the other side Union is boosted by the victory over Asseco Prokom.For me both teams are on similar level and with the similar quality and it can be anything here.I exept fast tempo in this match a rush to the victory and the points over this line.

Event Unicaja - Zagreb
Selection Under 152.5 points
Strength 10/10
Date 09/11/2011
Reasoning Unicaja Malaga will host Zagreb team.Uniciaja who is on third place with 5 points and two victories in a row against the last team and i can say the weakest team in Euroleague this year.The quality is unquestionable here,Unicaja is far far better team and they are huge favourites in this match.Zagreb is just not on the level of Euroleague basketball,they suffered terrible defeats and here i think that they canot proove mutch.Malaga is a beast here and Zagreb on the road is even worser.I expect a easy victory for Unicaja they will play its game maybe with slower tempo and keeping the difference.I dont thing that Zagreb can harm this Unicajas defence and that they won socre alot they will struggle alot here.My choice is under this line of points.

Re: Picks from basket Event Anadolu Efes - Maccabi Tel Aviv Selection Under 156.5 points Strength 10/10 Date 10/11/2011 Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 1.85 Reasoning A huge clash in Euroleague basketball against two fantastic teams Efest and Maccabi Tel Aviv.Both have equal number of points and this is a battle for prestige.Up till now they were scoring a lot of points especially Maccabi.But in this match i exept much more differnet approach with lots of tensions.Dont think that annybody here will rush in this clash,i expect mutch more from defense than attack and pretty mutch slower tempo in this clash.Of course its gonna be fantastic atmoshfere in Efes arena wich is gonna be another tense.My choice is points under this line.

Re: Picks from basket Event Panathinaikos - CSKA Moscow Selection Under 149.5 points Strength 10/10 Date 10/11/2011 Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 1.85 Reasoning Another great match in Euroleague. Well CSKA has a new team team year and up till now they showed very good performance three victories in a row just like Pana and this match is gonna be verry verry tough.They have strong cold steal teams tough to break and i believe that its gonna be a real fight on the court.These three matches in the Euroleague so far were difficult, but this one is even more difficult.This is the battle of the giants.For the past decade Panathinaikos is probably the main opponent for CSKA in the Euroleague competition.They both have strength and stability and i believe that its gonna be evident on the court.For me intensive match under this line of points.

Re: Picks from basket Event Nancy - Caja Laboral Selection Nancy to score under 76,5 points Strength 10/10 Date 10/11/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.85 Reasoning Well my pick for this match is Nancytoscore under this line of points because i belive that Nancys attack will be struggling alot with Cajas defense because first of all judging by the quality and performance Caja is by far better team than Nancy they have good team very tough to brak.So far they are receiving 71-72 ponts per game.With theirslower tempo of play they can be a serious threat to Nancy which is also the worst team in group.So Nancy under this line.

Re: Picks from basket Event Spirou Charleroi - Armani Milano Selection Spirou Charleroi to score over 73.5 points Strength 10/10 Date 10/11/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.85 Reasoning A clash in group C of Euroleague basketball. Spirou Charleroi which is at last palce in this group will host 5th Milano.Both have equal number of points and this is their battle for existance.Well Milano comes in Belgium as favorite team to win but Charleroi can impress they have a good team and good players mostly from USA and up till now they proved that theirs attack side is on the level.They can play run&gun they have fast movements and fast tempo in their game and so far they score alot points.I believe that with this performance and this game that they can go over this line of points.

Re: Picks from basket PANATHINAIKOS-CSKA PICK:OVER 147.5 ODDS:1.91 888SPORT Euroleague,Group B,Fixture 4 Arena:Olympic Indoor Hall,Capacity 18.500 Maybe the most interesting game of the group stage between the european champions and the new "dream team" and of course two of the main conteders for this years title. Panathinaikos although lost this summer nicolas and fotsis made some good additions such are logan,smith and jasikevicius and the first signs show that the team remains in very high level and ready to make another great season. The team shows to has many solutions in the attack with enough players and with also a good defence has so far 3 wins in the first 3 euroleague games. What can we say for the quality of this cska with players such as teodosic,shved,lavrinovic,krstic and of course kirilenko,seems to be the best roster in euroleague and the big favorite for the title this year and after 3 wins with convincing performances now has a hard test to show their skills against the european champions. The two teams so far have the best offences with 90 points per game,have big motive to prove their quality against a big opponent and we expect a very fascinating game in front of a hot crowd and we hope with enough scoring from both to give us the over.

Re: Picks from basket Event Krka - Union Olimpija Selection Under 151.5 points Strength 10/10 Date 12/11/2011 Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.85 Reasoning After very intensive clash few days ago in Eurloleague basketball here is another one for Union.A big clash over two slovenian teams now in ABA League.This is a derby and i expect tough match here with points under this line.Union Olimpija based by the quality and the current performance is far better team but both teams have very good players and squads which are tough to break.I expect here a intensive clash with a slower tempo a real fight on the court.Because of this my choice is under.